Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• glowblueglowblue Member Posts: 1
    I just recently picked up my new 2012 Odyssey EX-L with RES from a Southwest VA dealer...here is my deal:

List: $37,285
    Selling price: $32,500 (probably could have gone lower, but dealer had color I wanted)
    Added Honda Care 6 yr/120k warranty in for half-price ($650).

Total OTD cost incl TTL was $33,285.34. This included the $1000 honda cash that came with the 0.9%, 60 month financing deal.

I am pretty pleased with the deal. Good luck!
  • ejoyce423ejoyce423 Member Posts: 42
    That is a great price! Would you mind posting what dealership you bought from? Also, what is the sales tax in VA? Thanks!
  • vkbvkb Member Posts: 2
    Hi mickey49,

I am trying to contact the Honda dealers in Chicago area for EXL with RES and getting the quotes for $35,700. Is Honda finance certificate (1000) expired?
  • kwatt33kwatt33 Member Posts: 1
    Mickey49
    Could you tell me your date of purchase?
  • deltasamdeltasam Member Posts: 1
    which sale person did you deal with ? PM me please.. i want to pick this up at the end of the month ... :shades:
  • jubjub Member Posts: 12
    39,500 for elite and 37,200 for touring, both 2012 Internet quotes. Is there a reason to wait? Not in a rush but these seem like the lowest prices yet.
  • sg2012sg2012 Member Posts: 8
    Is this worth it?

2011 Touting Elite 10K + Honda Certified 7 yr/10000
    FOR $35k ??

I read about the transmission issue and the check-battery issue. Will these be covered under the 7 yr warranty?

Thanks!
  • heartfunheartfun Member Posts: 3
    For Elite, is a good quote. Are they giving $1000 Honda financing credit too with it? Which dealership is it? State?
    Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who bought a new Honda or Toyota within the last two months. Specifically, he’s most interested in speaking with someone who intentionally held off on buying one of these vehicles last year because the dealer did not have it in stock. If you meet this criteria, please send a brief description of your experience and your contact info to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, February 29, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• balmer_hopheadbalmer_hophead Member Posts: 2
    Can you give some details on the $1000 Honda cash. I have not seen anything about it anywhere but in this forum. Is it only in certain states?
  • balmer_hopheadbalmer_hophead Member Posts: 2
    I have seen several people talk about this but have not seen the deal anywhere. What are the details?
  • vkbvkb Member Posts: 2
    Hi Murali,

That's a great price and I am also looking for 2012 EXL with RES. I got quotes from Chicago area dealers and most of the quotes are around $35500 out. They mentioned that there is no Finance certificate rebate of $1000 and most of them are sticking to their price.

For the 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES,

MSRP: $37,285.00
    Base Internet Sale Price: $32,036.00
    + Destination Charge: $810.00
    Total Internet Sale Price: $32,846.00
    + Documentation Fee: $160.00
    + Electronic Filing Fee: $25.00

= Taxable Amount: $33,031.00
    + McHenry Co. Sales Tax: $2,348.00 at 7.00%
    + Registration & Plates: $194.00
    (New Plates)

= Total Price OTD: $35,573.00

After looking at the posts here there is a lot of difference in the price they are quoting now. Is that $1000 Honda Cash is still there?
  • mickey49mickey49 Member Posts: 5
    Hi vkb

When we were talking to our dealer we were told it was good until the end of the month.
  • mickey49mickey49 Member Posts: 5
    I don not know how to send a pm on this forum. Can you pm me and I will reply back.
    Thanks
  • gahondafangahondafan Member Posts: 2
    I received a OTD price on Honda Odyssey Touring for $39,500.00. I am in 6% taxable area. This includes everything. Hopefully this is good price I can get.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Wow! Awesome price on a TE. Did that includes a deduction for the $1k Honda financing certificates and 60/0.9% financing? Which dealer?
  • venki1venki1 Member Posts: 3
    can some post their best price for EX-L from SF bay area dealers. The best I got is 32.5k + TTL

we are three friends buying together, trying to get it for 30k + TTL, is this possible? I doubt it.

(Also looking at Sienna XLE at this price, which can be a possibility)
  • agilmutagilmut Member Posts: 3
    Hi All-

I have a price of 27000 plus TTD for a 2012 EX...that seems like a pretty good deal to me but wanted to be sure...I know that way more EX-L's are sold but they go far enough into the "I don't want to spend that much":-) so need to get the EX with an aftermarket heat seater added:-). Thanks! I am in the Baltimore/Washington area.
  • cricketercricketer Member Posts: 7
    Venki,

I am also in the bay are and looking for an EX-L for 30K + TTL...include me on the list
  • jubjub Member Posts: 12
    Not sure, didn't discuss details. I'm holding out, but it can only get better....? Dealer paramus had a lot of te on the lot, this may be why they'd commit to a low deal. I've bought from them before, but had a bad service experience there so I'd rather not give them my business if I can avoid it.
  • gahondafangahondafan Member Posts: 2
    2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (Smokey Topaz Metallic) OTD price: $40,400.00 (including Trade-In value of $2500.00).

Mine is a long story. I was originally looking for EX-L with RES for $35K. Then a dealer emailed me the Touring price $39,500.00 (drive out price). Another dealer price matched for $39,500.00. When I went to pick up the vehicle they don't have the color I wanted, then they pushed me to buy Touring Elite which have the color I wanted. I said, I am already way ahead of my budget and I can't make an offer. They said, there is nothing wrong in placing an offer. Then I offered $40,400.00 for Touring Elite (everything included). The dealer asked me if I want to trade-in my 2000 Honda Accord (with 171,000 miles). They gave trade-in value of $1100.00. I asked for $2500.00, and they agreed. The Edmunds.com trade-in value is $2400.00 and KBB.com trade-in value is $2800.00 (I know I have to spend at least $1000.00 to bring the car into very good condition). So I am satisfied with $2500.00 trade-in value from the dealer. If I sell the vehicle by myself, I would have sold it for $3K to $4K. I didn't want to take that risk. I think, they got me on the trade-in. But I was a bit sad to trade-in my Honda Accord after driving for almost 13 years without any issues. So the final price is:

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite: $37900.00
    Trade-In Value: $2500.00

Total Price: $40,400.00 (OTD) price. I also got 0.9% honda financing for 60 months. It seems they gave me $1000 financing certificate as well.

But the dealer changed the numbers around in my invoice:

Here they are:
    Price of Vehicle: $39180.24
    Title & Registration Fee: $49.00
    Total Delivered Price: $39229.24
    Trade-in: $4000.00 (2000 Honda Accord Special Edition)
    Cash Price After Trade-In: $35229.24
    Sales Tax: $2140.75 (6%)
    Tag: $28.00
    GA Lemon Law: $3.00
    Dealer Administrative Fee: $499.00
    Total Balance: $37899.99 (0.9% interest for 60 months)

Hope this helps someone. I bought this from Gwinnett Place Honda in Atlanta, GA.
  • heartfunheartfun Member Posts: 3
    Just bought Touring Elite in Phoenix area for 40250 plus tax, registration fees etc including dealer adds on and destination charge. Had a good experience at the dealership and the price was the same as quoted by email. Would recommend the dealership to whoever is in the market.
  • pgupta011pgupta011 Member Posts: 8
    glowblue - Which dealer in VA did you buy from?

I am in N VA near Washington DC and have requested quotes for an EX-L. The best quote I got was for $30,853. I don't know if the Honda cash is available at this dealer.
  • cands_socalcands_socal Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Thanks to all that have posted valuable reference information prior. Because I used the information presented in this forum, I feel obligated to contribute as well. Just purchased my 2012 Odyssey EX-L NAV (Polished Metal Metallic aka dark grey) from a dealer in Southern California (Norm Reeves - Cerritos) using 0.9% APR American Honda financing with $0 down. I asked for the $1,000 "Honda Cash" for using financing, but the finance manager said that was no longer available.

For Southern California shoppers: You can use a factor of 9.5% to estimate the "Out The Door Price" when you provided with the "Sales Price" from the salesperson. For example: Sales Price = $33,610 x (1.095) = approximately $36,800. Here are the details:

Sales Price: $33,610.82
    Document Preparation Fee: $55.00
    Optional DMV Electronic Filing Fee: $29.00
    License Fee: $219.00
    Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees: $100.00
    California Tire Fees: $8.75
    Sales Tax @ 8.26%: $2,777.43
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Out The Door (OTD) Price: $36,800.00

NOTE 1: I must warn everyone. I had to go through 2 terrible sales-persons (from the same dealership, Norm Reeves-Cerritos) until I met an experienced sales-person (Mr. Brian Chen) that was more up-front with pricing negotiation. And while I did not receive the price I went in for, I felt comfortable with the final price because the sales process with Mr. Chen felt more honest. He's definitely not a pushover, and you'll definitely have to work to get a deal you like. BUT he was/is patient and I felt that I was dealt with honestly. I wouldn't hesitate to refer shoppers, reading this forum, to him.

NOTE 2: This same exact car could've been purchased two weekends ago (President's Day) at sales price: $32,785 --> OTD Price approximately $35,900. This is due to American Honda Motors Company providing each dealerships with something called "Flex Cash".
    Flex Cash is money (from corporate Honda) that a dealer can apply toward vehicles to persuade buyers to close deals.

"Flex Cash" deals go fast because each dealership is only allotted a set amount from corporate Honda. Once the Flex Cash money runs out... so goes the steep discounts. I hesitated, and lost out. I'm not certain how often American Honda Motors Company provides Flex Cash to dealerships, but be sure to ask about it during your research process and before your purchase.

Best of luck to all.
  • ejoyce423ejoyce423 Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know what the March incentives are and I have to wonder if it will get better halfway through the month like February...thanks!
  • reddy531reddy531 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked a 2012 Honday odyssey at Round Rock Honda for $33000 even. Went to First Texas Honda and got a quote for $33348. Took the offer and went to Round Rock Honda nad got for $33,000 even.

Round Rock Honda initially quoted the MSRP which is $35,350. I wish we bought it last month and got the $1000 flex cash. Also got an APR of 1.99%, could have received .99 last month or towards any month end.
  • thanhngathanhnga Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am looking for an Odyssey EX-L 2012.Please tell me $33,000 was your OTD and who was your salesman .I live in Austin too.Thanks a lot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mppdmpmppdmp Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Was $33000 for EX-L a drive out price at Round Rock Honda? If so, I like to go there. Thank you.
  • jareedjareed Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a 2012 Odyssey Touring in DFW area. This forum has been of great help to me - want to post my experience; hopefully, somebody can benefit from this.

We paid 40,250 drive out price. In addition, Honda is also paying 500 $ towards the first payment (if you finance through Honda finance - 36 months at 0.9%). Here are the details:

Price 37509
    6.25% Tax 2344.3125
    Dealers Inventory Tax 86.22
    Road and Bridge 10.5
    Documentary Fee 180
    State Inspection Fee 23.75
    Deputy Service Fee 5
    License Fee 57.75
    Title Fee 33

Total 40250

The dealership is David McDavid Auto Group (Irving). Jose Flores was our sales guy and was very professional/friendly.

I was in the market for nearly year and half - read every possible article. New car market looks very soft - please contact all the dealers in your area internet/phone/in-person; you will save 500 to 1000$.

Good Luck
  • pgupta011pgupta011 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the information, definitely helps me with my negotiations even though I am in VA.

The Honda web site only mentions the $500 towards the first payment of Odyssey for leases, but one of the dealer in my area is advertising it for both purchase and lease. I wonder if the incentives will get any better later this month.
  • jareedjareed Member Posts: 2
    I was told that Honda is offering 500$ additional cash on top of 500$ first month payment. I didn't know the additional 500$ at the time of purchase (needless to say, I didn't get it). Good luck with your car/van purchase
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Could you clarify if this $500 additional cash and up to $500 first payment is for lease or is to for purchase or is it for both?
  • mvcdctmvcdct Member Posts: 3
    Nice deal. I agree the market seems to be very good for new cars.
    I have been on the market for an Odyssey quite a while. Is $35,593 a good deal for EXL-RES OTD? Thinking about purchasing today or tomorrow. Any thoughts or information is much appreciated. Seems like there are no promos from Honda for this month.
    Wondering about the same. It is all about timing. I have always seen better deals at month ends.
  • jarbob69jarbob69 Member Posts: 2
    You can do better. We got OTD for just over 34K tonight.
  • msysinfomsysinfo Member Posts: 11
    Can you provide a breakup of your 34K deal? Base price, tax, title, etc. Cash incentives.
    Let us know the latest price on EX-L with breakup. Need to decide in next 2-days
  • sdanisdani Member Posts: 10
    for EX-L - the best price I have found so far in NJ is - 33700 OTD - and then 500$ towards first payment from Honda FInance - effectively making it 33,200.

base price 30,000
    destination 810
    7% NJ tax
    $7.5 tire tax
    rest is doc fee + DMV registration & title
  • jimbotjimbot Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Just got this deal yesterday on a 2012 Odyssey EX from Wilde Honda in Waukesha WI

Price $27,000

in addition, I received for my trade; $2,000 (2005 Chevy Venture with 93Kmi, Edmunds value is between 3K for trade to 6.5K for resale.
    in addition to that Honda will make my 1st month payment of $348
    and will finance 16K at 1.9%

final price including my trade $24,996
    Total price including taxes at 5.5%, service fees, delivery, title and my trade
    $26,562.

This seem like a great deal since the sticker price is $32,285
    Use this as a bench mark and try to beat it!

On top of that I love the car, and I got rid of a crappy Chevy Venture
    Got an EX-L from Oakland Honda in the bay area. Had a very pleasant buying experience through their internet dept.

MSRP: $35685 including destination
    Selling Price: $31500 inclusive of destination + tax and license etc

Looks like pricing has come down over last few days and based on comments from others, i see that others have paid even less than what i paid. And our selling price was $900 below invoice. Granted there was a $500 dealer incentive but still this is $400 below invoice after incentive. Good time to be buying at this time i guess.
    Thanks sdani for the prompt response. I live in FL and the dealers are not budging from the following number (Approx $1800 off from your deal). Can you provide your dealers info... may be better to get it shipped!!!

base price 32,000
    Dealer fee 599

================
    PLUS
    6% FL tax
    tire tax
    doc fee + DMV registration & title
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    I also live in Manassas, VA area and am looking for best deal on Odyssey EX-L with navigation. I don't really want to pay for add-ons such as pin striping and luggage rack and cargo net etc.

Also, I don't want any huh dealer processing fee.

Where have you found to be the best and any special person to talk to or should I go direct to Sales Manager ?

I will not have a trade.

Please email me at: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve Firestone
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Member Posts: 92
    Who did you deal with in Oakland? Can you give me the email? I'm in the market for either exl res or exl. Thx
  • jonandjulijonandjuli Member Posts: 5
    I've been checking out these great deals everyone is posting and here is the BEST I am finding in my area: What do y'all think? Decent?

With docs, all weather mats and roofrack.

OTD $32453 EXL (base price: 31327)

OTD $29962 EX (base $28836)

Hoping to come to a decision this week. It's hard to compare apples to apples when some folks get accessories and/or have to pay tax etc. Thanks
    I tried sending you the info via private message but i don't see the option within your profile to do so. Anyhow, if you go to cars.com, new vehicle section and browse over to Honda Oakland, you can send a message to the dealer from there. Your message should go to their internet dept and i think there is only one person there who will respond to you. "She" will respond back to you promptly.

My hunch is about $1000 under invoice should work in this market. There is a $500 dealer incentive that is part of this price so in essence, you are only asking for $500 under invoice. :)
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Member Posts: 92
    Thx for the info. What was your OTD price?
    Can you send me an e-mail to hondaody2012@yahoo.com?

Thx
    That seems like a great deal. For EXL the best I have got in FL is $34799 OTD - with no extras. Can you provide details of the dealer. It might be worth shipping cross country.

msysinfo@gmail.com
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    does your Odyssey have navigation ?

What was the price before taxes and documentation fees etc (do include destination fee) ?

I am in the East coast (VA)

Thanks,

Steve