Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hqly2001hqly2001 Member Posts: 92
    I tried and it went to a guy name Will. I might need to get the gals e-mail directly from you. Did you get a quote for EXL with RES? see my e-mail above. thx
  • msysinfomsysinfo Member Posts: 11
    What is the tax rate in OR? Around 3%?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    What is the tax rate in OR? Around 3%?

No sales tax in Oregon...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• savytechsavytech Member Posts: 1
    Hello Cupedncal,

Was OTD( out of the door) price 31500?? or is it 31500 + lic + taxes?? I just was chatting with a sales rep from Oakland honda and his quote was 31717 + taxes + lic which will be close to 35K I guess..

Thanks,
    Savy Tech
  • jonandjulijonandjuli Member Posts: 5
    No Nav
    destination incl
    it's about $1200 for the docs and accessories and was incl in the price i gave
  • pgupta011pgupta011 Member Posts: 8
    Steve Firestone - did you get my email?
    Nope
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    $31500 was inclusive of destination but before tax and license. DMV etc was about $400 give or take and total came to mid 34k.
  • jlallajlalla Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Honda Certified 2011 Honda Odyssey EX with 8k miles, for $26,600, excluding tax, title and tags (MD). The vehicle is spotless and still smells new. Am wondering if I should have bought a new one though. Any thoughts?
  • eenyiebeenyieb Member Posts: 12
    New 2012 is only 2700 more..maybe a few hundred less then that with the 500 incentives
  • agilmutagilmut Member Posts: 3
    Hate to tell you this now but I bought a 2012 EX the last week of February and paid 27,000 excluding tax, title, tags....oh wait-there was also the destination fee on it as well. I am in MD as well. Bought it at Northwest Honda...end of month likely helped that. .9 financing.
    Got a dealer trade for a Topaz EXL RES for $35,600 otd. The invoice showe car price as $32,290 or something close to that.
    There's 1.9% APR for 60 months and got an additional $500 in payment that Honda Finance will pay my first bill.
    I think it's an awesome deal. Only bad thing was my seller was a bit of a shady guy, gave me a gas voucher for $50 that was supposed to be for a Honda Fit so I did not get a full tank of gas.

There was also a nice size chip on the body above the driver door handle. They will fix it though. Not sure if they can fix it complete back to new. Not happy about it but it sounds like they will be able to fix the chip.
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Congratulations! Which dealer did you end up buying yours from? And could you share your breakdown so others could also benefit? Selling price, accessories, tax, etc?
    The salesperson asked that I not tell anyone of the price because it was below invoice and included the hold back. He got ripped by his director for taking a losing deal. He needed a a couple sales for this month so I guess he pushed to try to get to his quota. I asked if he would give a similar deal to a friend, he said no.

It was about $32400 + TTL.

I got a quote of 36k OTD at oakland. The second lowest I got anywhere. I think it's a good deal because there's a honda finance promo that pays your first payment so that's like $500 off, making it $35,500. Check them out! The EX-L probably could be had for 34,700, so one would need to decide if 800 is worth it for RES.
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    I have spent too much time negotiating on a Honda Odyssey Touring in Atlanta. I think this is a pretty good deal as it is under invoice, which I'm told Honda rarely offers.

Here it goes:

$37,305 (includes cross bar and roof rack)
    $499 dealer admin
    +TTL

Honda offers 1.9% on 60 months finance and 0.9% on 36 months. ALSO, HONDA PAYS $500 ON FIRST PAYMENT.

I'm told factor invoice is $37,685.

Hope this helps my fellow Honda shoppers.
  • sdanisdani Member Posts: 10
    purchased EX-L today in north new jersey.
    OTD - 33600
    Honda will pay 500 for first month - so real OTD = 33100
    registration - 79 (transferring the plates)
    tire tax - 7.5
    base model EX-L + roof rack + wheel locks + nitrogen filled tires + destination + doc fee = 31340.59.
    Sales tax in NJ - 2172.91.
    0.9% financing for 36 months - no extra charges for financing - i.e. no bank fee etc..

I called 8-9 dealers and this is the best price I could get.
    I think that is an AWESOME deal. We bought an EX-L today for $32333 OTD in Portland Oregon area.
    $31574 for the car
    182 for all season mats
    419 for roof rack and rails
    156 b/c we transferred our plates

$32333

Sellers won't willing to budge much around here and this is the very best I could negotiate with the internet fella, although I did not press negotiations once at the showroom.
  • r_friendr_friend Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite at Moss Bros. Honda in Moreno Valley this weekend. The price was $40,000 including the destination charge, but before taxes, registration and doc fee ($55). I financed a portion in order to take advantage of the up to $500 toward your first month's payment. The dealership was great and didn't try to sell me any add-ons like roof rails or wheel locks. Rancho Santa Margarita Honda also said that they would honor this price, but they had fewer vehicles in stock and Moss Bros. made the offer first.
  • testcarttestcart Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you please provide any details about this offer. I got $500 off of the first month's payment but they did not offer me any $500 additional cash.
    (I was told that Honda is offering 500$ additional cash on top of 500$ first month payment.)

Thanks,
  • neharikaneharika Member Posts: 3
    Planning to buy 2012 honda odyssey EX-L with Honda DVD Rear Entertainment System (RES) in texas. Can some one help me to find/get the best deals in texas.
  • yvrcrvyvrcrv Member Posts: 1
    May I know which dealer you in Portland and the person you dealt with?

Thx
  • ldog37ldog37 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    I bought a new Ody over the weekend, but I thought I would start with posting the summary of the prices that I found (on this board) from the past couple of months that were helpful for me. I only tracked prices for Odyseey E-XLs (No Res, No Nav) that included a Total Price Before Tax, Title, and Licensing. ).

I tried my hardest to make this an apples-to-apples comparison, and I was specifically looking an EX-L with a MSRP of $35,685 (34,875+810 destination). This vehicle has an invoice of $32,399 ($31,589+810 destination).

Posts that only included “OTD Prices” were not included because they were not helpful without knowing the state specific taxes, title, and licensing. Apologies if I missed some posts.

Here’s my summary (with post numbers or other info and state and approx. date
    All prices before Tax, Title and Registration (and do NOT include Honda paying first payment of $500 on financed vehicles, but may include the $500-$1000 dealer cash that I heard about last month) and ordered from highest to lowest…

My local dealership’s (Cary Autopark) initial offer: 34,383
    #28499, IL, 12/31 33,700
    #28531, Tysons Corner, VA, 33,200
    ???, Sheehy Honda, VA 32,998
    #28502, Winston-Salem, 12/31 32,760
    #28548, CA, 1/21 32,715
    #28505, CA, 12/31 32,600
    #28603, OK, 2/5 32,300
    local dealership’s (Cary Autopark) best price, 3/23 32,080*
    Pohanka Honda, 3/15 32,048
    Sheehy Honda 31,998
    TruPrice offer, Fayetteville, NC, 3/15 31,883
    Email offer, Tysons Corner, 3/19 31,881
    #28616, NJ, 2/9 31,556
    #28583, NJ, 1/31 31,230
    #28581, NJ 31,200
    #28605, Sheehy, VA 30,745

Based on my research, I set my personal price goal of $31,200 for myself. The lowest price (30,745) seemed to be a bit of an outlier (but not altogether unachievable), but there seemed to be a sweet spot around 31,200.
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Hi Hotlanta2,

Do you mind sharing which ATL Honda dealer did you get your car from? I also live in ATL, and have been looking... Your help is appreciated.

Since we are in the same region, do you mind sharing me your OTD?
  • ldog37ldog37 Member Posts: 2
    Here’s my EX-L from Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA:

2012 EX-L
    MSRP $35,685 (348,75 + Dest)
    My Price before tax, title, and tags $31,197
    My OTD (including tax & tags) $32,183 (3% + 197 fees)

* MSRP was actually a little higher because the vehicle came with the pre-installed protection package of splash guards, wheel locks, nitrogen tires, pinstriping. MSRP does not include this package, but the price I paid does include this price.

When dealing with the dealerships, I was very clear that my offer include the following:
    - In-stock Odyssey EX-L (MSRP $35,685)
    - Destination fees
    - Regional marketing fees, etc
    - Doc fees
    - DMV fees
    - Tax
    - Any added/manadatory accessories or protection packages were included in my offer (my assumption is that none were added)
    - This price does NOT include or assume the $500 1st payment from Honda Finance if we chose to finance through them.

After spending a week (actually a year) negotiating with three local Raleigh, NC dealerships, Landmark was still ~$900 less expensive. So after all three local dealerships told me that I should take the Landmark deal, if I could get it, I decided to go for it.

I drove the 4 hours to Landmark (we made a very fun family to trip to DC out of it) and was pleasantly surprised by how easy the process was for me. There were no tricks on the pricing and the vehicle was ready for me. Yes, I had to negotiate with Landmark in order to get that price, but all of the negotiations were above board and they honored the price they quoted by email. Not even a single snide remark! ;)

The end of March is Honda’s fiscal year-end, so I’m sure there are good deals to be found!
    Larry Miller Honda in Hillsboro-internet sales manager. I know that people have been "getting better deals" and I wish I could say I did. But I thought I did pretty well and contacted every dealership from Vancouver to Salem. This fella was the only one that stayed in the negotiation to this price that I set. I am curious what you find.
    :D
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    Please provide name of Dealership and who to talk to and indicate if they threw in any of the BS extras or if they were not already on the car, such as pinstripping, cargo net, wheel locks etc.

Also, was you asking price below the $37, 305 and it required hard negotiation and was your final price BEFORE TTL include dealer cash of $500 ?

Did you have a trade ?

I think the cross bars and roof rack is an approx. $400 accessory, how did you get them to throw that in ? Or was it already on the vehicle?

Did you have to accept the color that they had left in stock or did you get the color of your choice ?

Not to be repetitive, exactly what was your exact price before adding TTL and document prep fee (or was Doc prep fee included in your $37,305 ?

Please email to my private email: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks, sorry for all the questions but I am inexperienced.

Kathleen F.
  • odyesseyodyessey Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Could you please tell me the dealer name and if possible the person whom you dealt with ?

Thanks,
  • r1chandrar1chandra Member Posts: 4
    Hi Guys,
    I just picked up my Honda Odyssey Touring Elite from Bernadi Honda of Brockton, MA last week.
    Here is the break up of the price
    Price of the vehicle including destination - $37630
    Documentation Fee- $352
    Sales Tax- $2352
    Registration and Tittle 116
    Total OTD- $40450
    I also financed with America Honda Corp for 1.9% and they pay the first installement up to $500.
    So finally after the $500 AHC PAYMENT the sale price of the 2012 odyssey touring elite will be $37130.
    Great new dealership with very good staff. They have very aggeressive pricing right now.
    Gwinnett place Honda. Otd excluding tax was 38,000
  • narulanarula Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Just got an amazing deal with Dublin Honda, in the bay area. Please contact Alex Lesner and book yourself a car, that is if he still has one in stock. Amazing guy, amazing dealership and amazing bottom line. I offered him a genuine price according to this dealership. I knew they would do +500 on that. so i low balled, it worked just fine. Research a good price here, and subtract 500-700, and u will have a deal with him very close to that price, (probably south of it).

The car is great, i got a black one after so much of effort, gosh its hard to get yourself a honda these days.

Take care guys, happy cruising.
  • sdanisdani Member Posts: 10
    Its the dealer in Clifton (There is only one). I don't think I can post the name of the sales rep in this forum - probably not allowed here - but you can send me private message and I will send you his full details.
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    do you mind sharing name of dealer in Atlanta and specific on price and sales person that you purchased Touring and some of details, such as how they handles add on options (did they charge you for them etc).

thanks

Kathleen
  • griagria Member Posts: 3
    2012 Odyssey EX-L, no RES, no NAV
    MSRP of $35,685

Deal agreed with Hendrick Honda; will pick up tomorrow.

Price of the vehicle including destination $32,000
    Battery and tire fee $6.50
    FL Sales Tax $1,920
    Tag $140
    34,066 OTD

Will pay cash and didn't want to use the Honda financing, so forfeited any benefit of $500 cash. Not worth the hassle and aggravation of obtaining a loan, impacting my credit, having a lien, not getting the title in hand, ensuring payoff etc.
    Can you provide me the dealer information,phone etc please also
    Can you provide a breakup of your 34K deal? Base price, tax, title, etc. Cash incentives

Neharika
  • rzorxrzorx Member Posts: 5
    FYI.. for people in the Dallas area.

Purchased 2012 Touring Elite (Smoky Topaz/ Truffle) on 3/26/12 from Lute Riley.

There was a trade involved. Traded 9 month old 2011 Odyssey EX-L/NAV with 7581 miles. I got 30k for the vehicle which is what Car Max had offered. Here is a breakdown of the numbers:

Price: 38065.61
    Trade: 30000.00
    Trade Difference: 8065.61
    Tax: 504.10
    Doc Fee: 179
    License Fee: 38.80
    Title Fee: 61.95
    Inspection Fee: 23.75
    Other Fee: 82.60

TOTAL: 8955.81

0.9% or 1.9% (depending on term) financing and Honda will pay the first payment up to $500.

Touring Elites (if you could find one) were going for MSRP plus dealer add-ons 9 months ago in DFW!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I want to buy the same car(2012 Odyssey EX-L with RES ) this week, can you please send me the dealership name, city and state. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • bostonodybostonody Member Posts: 1
    Sale price 31, 585 including destination fee. Plus title, doc fees totaling less than $400 and tax.
    They also gave me KBB for my trade in.
  • nettainettai Member Posts: 3
    Could you please send me the info of the person you dealt with @ the dealership to my persoanl email--: nettainate@gmail.com
    Gwinnett Place. Try calling Christian (internet sales mgr).

The options I had were all baked into my base price.
  • donethat_1donethat_1 Member Posts: 66
    There are over 750 document cases of bad Odyssey transmissions at this site:

http://www.odysseytransmission.com/
  • pvpatelpvpatel Member Posts: 1
    Hello r1chandra:

What color did you buy?

Do you have the name of the contacts that you worked with at Bernadi Honda of Brockton, MA?

I am also planning to buy the same Trim.

Thanks.
  • ck501ck501 Member Posts: 3
    I found this forum to be extremely helpful in my car search, so I wanted to contribute my sales numbers from the Dallas, TX area from my purchase this past Saturday:

2012 Odyssey EX-L (no navigation, no RES, polished metal color with grey leather interior)
    Dealer Additions Included:
    - wheel locks
    - window tint
    - splash guards
    - all season weather mats
    - cargo mat, folding
    - cargo tray

Price, including destination fee, and all additions: $32,126.05
    Sales Tax (6.25% - but I had a $2,000 trade in, which lowered the tax a little): $1,882.88
    Title, License, and misc other fees: $401.07
    Total out the door cost: $34,410.00
  • mapperonemapperone Member Posts: 10
    I paid $32,000. for a new 2012 EX-L with no additional options on 3/16/2012. I got it at a dealer in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. And that seemed to be the going price for one in the Tampa Bay area, from what I've read here. The price includes freight, but not the taxes, tags, dealer fees, etc.
  • sureshsk1sureshsk1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Sdani,

Can you please send me the dealer name ?

Regards
    Suresh
  • mppdmpmppdmp Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2012 Odyssey EX for $28226 (without any option) +TTL from David McDavid Honda in Irving TX. This was about $1800 lower than lowest offer I got in Austin area. So I just drove there and picked one up. No one in Austin area wanted to match that offer.

There were some dealer installed options worth $1600 that I was able to knock of 50%. May be some one can negotiate better than that.

Thanks.
  • msid1msid1 Member Posts: 2
    OTD 36K for 2012 EX-L with DVD ... 0% Apr for 3 yrs.

After reading comments in this forum, I feel like I over paid, can anyone comment please.
  • drewskidoubledrewskidouble Member Posts: 10
    Let me begin by thanking everyone for the resources you have contributed on this forum, it really has helped my buying experience. I'm currently shopping for a 2012 Odyssey EX-L w/RES in Black Pearl Crystal in the Atlanta area.

To begin, I started off emailing 8 different dealerships around Atlanta (minus the one closest to my home) and now am down to only 3 dealers (one of which is the one closest to my home). All cars comparisons below are based off MSRP $37,285

Carey Paul Honda in Snellville (1 hour drive away) quoted me...

INTERNET SPECIAL PRICE:
    Remote Engine Start: $256.00
    Protection Package (wheel locks, splash guard, paint sealant, sun roof visor, nitrogen in the tires): $895
    Sub Total: $33,001.00

Documentation Fee: $587.00
    Sales Taxes @ 7%:$2,015.28
    Title Fees:$21.00
    TOTAL DRIVE OUT: $35,624.28

ON THE OTHER HAND....

Willett Honda in Morrow (10 minute drive away) quoted me for...

INTERNET SPECIAL PRICE:
    Remote Engine Start: NOT included
    Package included: (interior protection, first aid kit, nitrogen in tires, some free oil changes): FREE
    Sub Total: $32,395.00

Documentation Fee: $599.75
    Sales Taxes @ 7%:$2,30963
    Title Fees:$21.00
    TOTAL DRIVE OUT: $35,325.38

The OTD price difference between both vehicles is ONLY $298.90. LOL I know BIG DEAL BREAKER but is that Remote Start worth that difference and the 1 hour drive? All opinions are greatly valued thank you.
  • drewskidoubledrewskidouble Member Posts: 10
    I'm in the sale ballpark at around 35.5k with 1.9% for 5 years. Other dealer offered me 3.9% for 6 years. Let me ask, did your dealer throw in any extra features or packages (i.e. wheel locks, mud guards, nitrogen tires, etc.)?
  • 2012odybuy2012odybuy Member Posts: 1
    Thank you to this forum and its members.....because of you we were well informed buyers!

On Sat, March 31st we bought our new 2012 Odyssey EXL w/NAV white/truffle for $35,999 OTD (Orange County CA tax rate of 7.75%) inclusive of the Honda Protection Package (splash guards, wheel locks and cargo tray- retails $499) from DCH Honda of Oxnard. Our Salesperson was simply awesome to work with- extremely patient, courteous and professional throughout our dealings. Our process started as an e-query and 3 weeks later we were ready to drive all the way up to Oxnard (about 100 miles from us). Yes, we couldn't ignore this competitive offer (much better than min. 12 other dealers in a 75 mile radius from us). Over and above we took advantage of the Honda financing where they will pay our first month's payment upto $500. The Finance guy did try to slap the 8 year 120K mile extended warranty on us for $2300, however we couldn't be outsmarted (thanks to the warranty thread on this forum)! We plan to buy it from either Hyannis or Saccucci.

Since all negotiations had already taken place over the phone, our Salesperson ensured that we had a smooth and hassle free experience at the dealership. We were in and out in less than 2 hours (which makes happy kids Kindly note: Even the accessory pricing quoted by this dealership was cheaper than local dealers in Orange County.

So, all in all it was a 35K OTD deal for us and we are very pleased! We highly recommend DCH Honda of Oxnard!