Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    If GM employee plans are the same as in the U.S., there you have two options:

GMO is when you order the vehicle from the factory and GMS is when you buy from dealer stock.

For GMO, multiply the MSRP of the vehicle by .86 + MSRP of options by .82 + full destination fee to get a reasonable estimate of the GM employee price.

GMS is typically a few hundred dollars more than GMO to compensate the dealer for lot fees.

Don't forget to add any incentives currently available...you get them too!

Of course you have to request a GM employee purchase certificate, which comes in a packet with documents that fully explain the GM employee purchase plan rules.

If the dealer wants to honour your certificate, he will tell you so. If he agrees, then there is no room to negotiate the deal with you. He has a computer that automatically calculates GMO and GMS pricing and he should provide you with a printout that details the cost of the exact RDV you are considering.

Good Luck!
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Rendezvous CX, with 1SB retail price:
    $25,520 + 1SB $1471 + Dest. $625 = $27,616

Now GMO:
    $21,947 + 1SB $1206 + Dest. $625 + $23,778

Plus $3000 rebate:

GMO price = $20,778

By the way, you should strongly consider getting the 1SC. It's only $500 more than 1SB and you get a ton of additional features, including the 3rd row seat. It's the best value for the CX model.
  • seven9seven9 Member Posts: 2
    Since I already made the deal it is a little late to ask an opinion (LOL) but wondered how people are doing on buying the last of year 2002 models. I just bought a new 2002 RVD CXL Lux pkg.--3rd row seats--sunroof--tow pkg. Mfg $35,465 for $32,500 less $3,000 rebate = $29,500 and got them up a $1,000 over other dealers offer on my trade in(others were offering just over Edmunds sugg. trade value) so I feel good about my deal. I did my research at Edmunds and on the net and thought that was about the best I could do and was ready to walk if I couldn't get my terms. I would have waited for the 2003 but noticed they are raising the prices on the extras so that will be a bump on pricing next year.
  • montreidmontreid Member Posts: 127
    Just got ours today. 2003 FWD CXL Driftwood with 3rd row and upgraded 6CD player: $27,248.24 (including $655 rebate for the leather). We opted for the 0% financing x 5 years instead of the $1500. All fees and out the door: $29,689.96 = $494.99/month x 5 years.
  • leosmith78leosmith78 Member Posts: 1
    We just took delivery today. Edmunds helped a lot. 2003 FWD CXL, third seat, chrome rims, cd changer, roof rack, MSRP: $31915. 0% for 5 years.
    Got them down to $29915, about $700 above invoice, but exactly what edmunds said I would get.
  • jnwflajnwfla Member Posts: 3
    Bought it last week. Sticker was $26,870 with Anti-Lock Brakes, Traction Control and Side Airbags (Light Spiral Gray). Bought it for $24,851, just a little under Edmunds TMV. Took the 0% for 5 years.
  • mnfish1mnfish1 Member Posts: 14
    After watching the big town ads we called our minneapolis mn dealer and bought a base rondezvous for $19,500 plus tax and license. This deal was without tradein and included 3.9 for 60 financing and a carib cruise for two. The vous is a new 2003 and had 15 miles on it...Again this was in Dec of 2002 and was the base model, absolutely nothing extra..watch the ads and hold them to honor their price...we love it!!!
  • olrdvolrdv Member Posts: 53
    Dont pay more than 90%MSRP and apply all the rebates and GM points.
    My case, 35K MSRP - 10% - 3000 rebate - 500 golf rebate - 2500 GM point = 25.5K + taxes
  • bill233bill233 Member Posts: 4
    Just got a price quote on a 2004 Buick Rendezvous
    and found a charge of $643.00 for "ADVERT/ADJUSTMENTS". Can anyone tell Me what this is.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like an advertising fee. Well, it really sounds like additional dealer profit.

Concentrate on your out the door price and don't get too hung up on the various fees. Let the dealer worry about allocating the various line items.

Steve, Host
  • dennie4dennie4 Member Posts: 24
    I would agree with Steve. Concentrate on out the door price. Or the bottom line minus of course transportation fee. I would also agree with 10 percent off MSRP. I was in the area of 8 percent, but I really like dealership and also got a great rebate on a 2003. Almost 8000 off. Mine if I remember correctly had a 300 advertising fee. But I feel that is the dealers problem and should come out of his cut. But most will probably want a few dollars from you. That 643 sounds excessive to me. I think you can do much better than that. I think in the end I paid around 500 more than dealer cost. If he won't budge on that amount I would find another dealer without such high overhead. One thing I did notice. GM seems to be adding a few hundred dollars to MSRP every few months. I purchase an earlier version of the 2003 and it was 350 dollars cheaper that later versions on lot.
  • tmakogontmakogon Member Posts: 74
    I guess, a lot depends on the quality of the dealership. I can say nothing but praise about West Point Buick in West Houston. They have the Best in Class rating, and they live up to this name. I read that less than one in ten Buick dealerships qualify for this rating. At sale we were treated professionally. During oil changes the computer remaining oil life gets reset to zero, as it should. Service maintenance is always completed on time.

In March'02 we got a new AWD CXL (built Jan'02) fully loaded for ~7K off MSRP. The $400 college graduate rebate helped. Since then we have under 14K trouble-free miles. I guess, it helped that this was a PGA Tournament car. Probably, was hand-picked, and only had 180 miles on it.

What I am saying is double check with Buick if there's a Best in Class dealership in your area. It pays to buy there.

Regards,
    Taras
  • icnjillicnjill Member Posts: 2
    Meant to post this last Fall. I had been looking for a CX Plus (primarily for the side impact airbags). My local dealers here in NorCal told me that I could ONLY get the SIA's in the plus model. Was also DISGUSTED with the way these "old boy" buick dealers treated me, with side comments about how women shouldn't be buying a car. Yes, I walked out. Yes, I'm the CEO of my own company and complained to the manager. That's another story.

In any case, was thrilled to find a used, but very clean 2003 CX AWD with side impact bags for $18,000 out the door at, of all places, a Chevy dealer. Was a rental return and they had purchased at an auction. Clean record all around. The only visible damage were two tiny cigarette burns on the top of the back seat that had been cleaned impeccably.

Amazingly, the Buick dealers were not willing to negotiate at all, even for the used cars that were promo cars at the big Pebble Beach golf course. Purchased it on the last day of September.. they were desperate for the monthly stats and gave me what I think was an awesome deal!

Time will tell but, six months later, I'm really happy with it. Knock on wood!

Jill O.
  • northbayguy2northbayguy2 Member Posts: 3
    Last February, I purchased (on line) a special event 2003 CX AWD w/Plus Pkg (w/100 miles) from a San Francisco Bay Area dealer for $24,000.(exl. tax & lic.) off the showroom floor. The MSRP was $31,500+/-, and there was a $3500. rebate then in effect. The next closest offer I had at the time was $26,000.(exl. tax & lic.) after some spirited negotiations, so I felt I got a great deal on the RDV I finally purchased. Although I must admit, I recently saw an ad for a new 2003 CX AWD (w/Plus Pkg.) for $23,495.(exl. tax & lic)...gee, if only I had waited a year!!!
  • northbayguy1northbayguy1 Member Posts: 10
    I'm curious as to whether or not anyone out there has recently purchased a new 2003 CX AWD and,if so, what kind of deal was had? Also, has anyone in Northern California purchased a new Ultra yet? If so, where did you get it, what kind of price did you pay, and what do you think about the extra power, improved ride, amenities, et. al.? I'd just like to know. Thanks.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is hoping to interview a recent car-buyer who participated in
    an overnight or 24-hour test drive and then purchased the vehicle.
    Please respond to 248-890-8582, [email protected] or
    [email protected] by 5pm Eastern Wednesday, March 24, 2004.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • cudaalcudaal Member Posts: 34
    I'm buying this one. Is anybody out there got a good deal on it? It gets pricey ~$32000-$35000 there . Definitely feel RDV shouldn't be over $29000, quality, performance, depreciation etc are poor.
    Anyway what is a good price to pay for CXL AWD with 3.6L?
    Thank you all..
  • stratmanstratman Member Posts: 1
    I am very interested in the RDV CXL AWD. I rented one on vacation for a week and fell in love! The dealer has a demo with an MSRP of $35K+ for sale for $26K+. I know the demo price is less current rebates but I am weighing my options for later in the summer to take advantage of summer deals and maybe PGA promotions. I am also considering the Toyota Highlander but I know the discounts are not as generous and the car is not as roomy. What do you RDV owners think...any advice?
  • northbayguy1northbayguy1 Member Posts: 10
    Depending upon the mileage and the options (e.g. third row seating, captains chairs, leather, etc.), $26,000 sounds like a good price. Tell the dealer that your looking at the Highlander, Pilot, et. al. and make a firm $24,000 offer for the RDV. If the dealer sticks to $26,000 at least get an extended warranty included for no extra charge. Good luck.
  • pastevepasteve Member Posts: 2
    We purchased a 2004 CXL Plus w\ 3.6L engine last Tuesday. MSRP was $38,675, includ. leather, sunroof, X-M satel., captain's chairs, rear audio, steering wheel audio controls, etc. Paid $35,142 (invoice) minus a $5,000 rebate, or $30,142. After taking off $3,250 in GM card points, paid $26,892. Dealer is a friend, but I'm guessing most can get close to invoice. IMO, the bigger engine is well worth the added cost.
  • socal2socal2 Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a 2004 Rendezvous CXL with:
    Chrome Wheels
    6 Disk Changer
    3rd Row seat
    Sunroof

MSRP was $34365 (an older build, so $200 less than current MSRP for newer builds)

Negotiated price before rebates: $30,961
    Rebates: $6000
    Net price: $24,961

I was not happy with the State of California charging sales tax on the $30,961 before rebate price instead of the $24961 after rebate price.

This was an impulse buy... let me know if any of you out there got a better deal.
  • tmakogontmakogon Member Posts: 74
    Looks like you got a good deal, getting $10K off.
    I only got 6600 off MSRP, but the rebates were only $2000 in 2002. Still, you paid $3600 less for a newer model year.
  • socal2socal2 Member Posts: 5
    We are really happy with the car. The decision to get the 2004 instead of the 2005 model was difficult because GM finally added 17" wheels and a passenger side occupant detection system to the airbags standard in the 2005 CXL. The 2005 also has a lower MSRP than the 2004 by a few hundred dollars. But, the 2004 had a $6000 rebate instead of $3000 for the $2005, so that was the clincher
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Buick Rendezvous. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • jeep1988jeep1988 Member Posts: 40
    I have always heard the knock against the Rendezvous was the reslae value. Here is a review link from cars. com. For the initial cost of the vehicle, it seems to lose value fairly quickly. I have a friend that sells Buicks, and he said the same thing. He said they are good vehicle, but for some reason, they drop in resale value.

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?makeid=7&modelid=5407&year=2005&bg=t
  • robertkalealrobertkaleal Member Posts: 4
    What is the current residual value and lease factor for a Rendezvous CXL FWD for a 42 mon lease? Can "red tag pricing" be used with a lease. Same question for a CX Plus FWD.

Thanks,

robertkaleal
    Hi robertkaleal. Yes, General Motors "Red Tag" prices are available on leased vehicles. The only difference between the "Red Tag" price of a GM vehicle that you paid cash for and one that you leased would be the cash incentives. GM's normal customer cash is not compatible with its special lease program. It is providing $1,000 lease cash on this vehicle in a few states right now. If you let me know where you are, I can tell you if you are in one of them.

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, if you were to lease any 2006 Buick Rendezvous through General Motors Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be 4.0% and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be 4.0% and 50%. GMAC may be offering odd-term leases on vehicles this month, but I am not exactly sure how that program works in terms of residual values. I can tell you that the lease rate for any lease for this vehicle less than 48 months is 4.0%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • fdepizzofdepizzo Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I just received an internet price quote for a 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL package, heated driver and passenger seats, memory seats and mirrors for $25,429, which appears below invoice. This is before TTL, which I am getting tomorrow. What can I expect on a lease through GM and is this probably the best time to do this based on the market?
    Thanks,
    Frank
  • melech37melech37 Member Posts: 18
    Many states charge sales tax this way.
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    Car_man:

In the past you have always been helpful in giving me accurate information, so I am now asking you once again.

Could you please give me the current interest rate and residual that GMAC is charging for an 06 Rendezvous CXL Plus AWD in New Jersey for the month of February. I was given a quote of 5.4% and 61% for a 39 month/30000 mile lease. Could you also give me the figures for a 36 month/36000 mile lease.

I think the interest rate is on the high side since I just leased a Subaru Outback in November with a money factor of .00145 (3.48%) from Chase.

Also, is there any place where the interest rates are posted?

Thanks,

Phil
    Hey Phil. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL AWD through GMAC in your area right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year (I have not seen the 39 month numbers for this vehicle), its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 60%, respectively. The 5.4% rate that you were quoted sounds a little high to me. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that General Motors is providing $1,500 lease cash on it in your region right now. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

I am not aware of any reliable source that provides information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hi, Could you please provide me with the residual and base lease rate for a CXL PLUS FWD for S. Florida. There's $1000 rebate plus $500 auto show cash available. Thanks.
    Hi sheepdog1. This car's lease rate and residual value vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. If you were to lease for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, this vehicle's base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nd9979nd9979 Member Posts: 8
    We are looking at an '04 Rendezvous. Here is the link to the car: http://www.nationalcarsales.com/inventory/details.aspx?id=32373

Mileage: 26,017
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Single Compact Disc
    Premium Sound
    OnStar
    Parking Sensors
    Dual Front Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Traction Control
    Third Seat
    Privacy Glass
    Alloy Wheels

Selling price is $16,495. Seems like a good deal. Thoughts?
  • wormburnerwormburner Member Posts: 14
    I purchased a 2002 CX (77K kilometres) in March after doing a great deal of homework, including reviewing several posts on this site. I have to say that i adore this vehicle. There was no way I could ever get so much SUV at this price point from any other manufacturer.

I was sure to get a printout of the service history before purchasing... wheel bearings, intake gasket, wiper motor... pretty much everything other than the BCM have already been replaced with the upgraded parts.

Thank you all for your posts... it made for a well-informed decision on my part.
  • isawitfirstisawitfirst Member Posts: 11
    Is there someone who can simplify this a bit and tell me what a good deal on a monthly payment for a 2006 cxl awd in louisiana for 36months/36000 miles might be- i need to make it through hurricane season in style!
    Hi isawitfirst. If you provide me with full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the Buick Rendezvous that you want, exactly as you want it equipped, I can calculate what a good lease payment should be for it for you. You can find this information by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums

P.S. Hopefully we won't get hit as hard by hurricanes this year. We're in need of a break from all of that crazy weather.
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    I'm being quoted $30,475 (after all rebates) for:
    2006 AWD Rendezvous, CXL Luxury Package, PLUS CXL Plus Package, with 2nd row captain's chairs.

This is the first offer they've given me - done completely via internet negotiations. I've checked & invoice on this looks like $33,253.

What do you guys think? Should I ask for something even lower? If so, what price do you suggest I ask for? Thanks in advance!
  • doliffdoliff Member Posts: 1
    A few days ago I sent an internet quote request for a 2006 FWD CXL Rendezvous to eight dealrships through edmunds.com. To say that the response was lukewarm would be an understatement. I got a few courtesy emails and phone calls, only two dealership emailed me quotes - both for similarly equipped 2007 Rendezvous and both quoted MSRP price. When I sent one of them an offer to pay TMV price he never got back to me.

What's going on, am I doing something wrong or is it a bad time to be buying a Rendezvous.

BTW does anyone know whether $1,500 GM bonus cash through 9/5 on top of already existing cash rebates legit?
  • jesrfjesrf Member Posts: 9
    Car_man,

we looked at a nicely equipped Rendezvous tonite, MSRP was 31500, GMS Price (which we have) is 28172. Received rebates (cap cost reduction?) cash from GM of $2750.

Terms offered to us was 0 down, $355 per month on a 39 month lease, 10k miles per year.
    Not sure of the money factor or residual.
    Is this a good deal?

Do you know about how much more it would be to go to 12k miles?(meant to ask and forgot).... We live in Michigan.

Thanks for any help....
    Hi jesrf. I'm glad to see that you are able to get the GMS price on this car. This pretty much guarantees that you are getting a good deal. In your post you mentioned that you are also receiving $2,750 in cash incentives from GM. This is customer cash that unfortunately is not compatible with GM's special lease program. General Motors is providing a special lease cash incentive on this truck in your area, but it is only $1,000. There is also currently a $500 bonus for vehicles that are sold through GM's Employee and Supplier purchase programs, bringing the total cash incentive for a lease of this model to $1,500 So make sure that your vehicle's capitalized cost is $26,672 and that the dealer you are working with is using GMAC's base lease rate of 6.8% (yuck) to calculate this vehicle's monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • wtap2wtap2 Member Posts: 8
    With the Rendezvous being the phased out,do anyone have reason to believe that the current incentives will be extended beyond the end of the month? What they are offering now is very attractive.
  • wtap2wtap2 Member Posts: 8
    I have been getting Internet quotes on a 2007 Buick Rendezvous.This is an example of how dealers ar determining buyers price:
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $28,765.00
    Options installed by Manufacturer:
    DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER
    HEATED SEATS
    POWER SUNROOF
    MEMORY SEAT/MIRROR

TOTAL OPTIONS $1,120.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $29,885.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** 30,620.00
    CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
    NET PRICE $30,620.00

Net price $30,620.00 +6%tax(Michigan)Total=$32,457.20
    $32457.20 - $5000 Rebate=$27457.20 Which is my price.
    Edmunds suggest Rebate be deducted from best deal arrived at,but it seems as if dealers start with the MSRP.
    Is there something wrong with this picture,or is this the way it's done?
  • 442455442455 Member Posts: 64
    Whenever I have purchased a new vehicle, I always use the Edmunds, GM, and other availible new car price guides which are found on the internet. I configure the vehicle with the equipment and color I want, and than figure out the invoice price.

Once I have invoice, I start at $200.00 over invoice minus any rebates and offer that to the dealer. I am at this point a serious buyer, and let the dealer know that I am making the purchase once my offer is approved.

I know there is still "hidden" money (dealer holdback, factory to dealer incentives, etc) but I deal only from the invoice. I also ask to see the invoice for the vehicle at the dealership. Very seldom is this refused, since they want to make a deal.

I have purchased my last six new vehicles this way, 5 GM's and one Ford truck. I have never purchased a foreign vehcile, but don't think this works with most, because of demand.

Using just Edmunds and GM information, the rebate is $4750 on the GM site. You should be paying around $26000.00 for this vehcile.
  • websiteworldwebsiteworld Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a never titled 2005 AWD CX model for 16295 with 7,200 miles on it. It is the CX model with third row seat, and 17" wheels and the Capaccino Frost two tone.

For me this seemed like a no brainer. :)
  • spike99spike99 Member Posts: 239

Like many, my wife & I shop around as well. We compare base price, we compare options and we compare dealer admin fees. And, we compare used miles under its hood.

In my Canadian area, here's 2 examples:

2005 RDV CXL with 90,000 kms for $19,595
    Note: I don't know if FWD or AWD - wtsh they had a simple sticker on their outside - like other brands of vehicles.

2003 FWD CX with 72,000 kms for $11,999

If on adds $300 for dealer admin fees (washing, waxing, E-Test, Certification and license transfer), it brings it up to $12,500 (for the 2003 or $20K for the 2005). Then, add 14% Ontario Region tax on this total amount.

After nogiciations, we got our 2003 RWD RDV with only 72K (52K miles) for under $12,000 - "Out the Door" and legally down the road.

Prices vary from region to region. For us, there's NO WAY we are paying $20K for a used vehicle - especially with 90K already under its hood.

• intrepidcubintrepidcub Member Posts: 60
    i owuld look for one under 50K and get an extended warranty esp with the intake gasket etc. I got my 02 CX plus pretty much fully loaded for 11-12K and it has 43 K miles
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Hello Car_Man,

You have always helped out in the past. Looking for the lease rates for some of the few remaining Rendezvous out there -- would like 3yr/36mi lease info (RV and MF).

We're looking at one w/$31,775 msrp, invoice is $29,590. I see that there is $4,000 cash on it, can this be used w/a GMAC lease? If so, could probably negotiate a selling price of $25,590 or less. What would a good lease be on this car?
    Hey desgnconcpts. I would be happy to help you out. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2007 Buick Rendezvous with 12,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 58%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $4,000 customer cash that is available on this model in your area is not compatible with the aforementioned lease program. GM is providing a little lease cash on this model in some areas though. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this lease cash is like in your neck of the woods if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.