Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• paramoreparamore Member Posts: 2
    Is this just for 2002
    I have a 2004 and the dealeship claims it is not for 2004
  • macphersonmacpherson Member Posts: 33
    My letter said that it was for 2002-2004. Yours is probably on it's way. Unfortunately my 2002 has 137 K on it so it's no good to me :P
  • paramoreparamore Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 with 59k and I need the left wheel bearing. After much persistence on my part inquiring about the special policy, the dealer finally said the special policy is for 2002 only. I have not recieved a letter and must shell out $386.00 to have my car repaired. What dept is your letter from, I have called GM and not really given any info. Any info you could forward would be appreciated
    thanks
    Hi- I have my letter in fron of me. It's from General Motors of Canada Ltd. Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7. It starts with the following" As the owner of a 2002, 2003, or 2004 model year Buick Rendezvous or Pontiac Aztek vehicle, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us" Blah Blah Blah
    Signed by Customer Support Dept. GM of Canada & then a #06036 There is no phone # though
    Hope that helps- Lorrie
  • regalluvr2regalluvr2 Member Posts: 114
    After all these years Buick finally admits that the 02-04 RDV 's have a wheel bearing problem.Wow!!!Thats big of them after basically telling people that there are no problems and dont believe anything that you read on the internet,etc!

Now why dont they admit that they also had BCM,intake gasket,ac condensor,and other major issues too?Buicks and GM's attitude stinks.After 25 years of being loyal GM customers we are thru with them peroid.Our 2002 CXL RDV did GM in for us!!We were so glad to get rid of it.
    I couldn't agree more. This wonderful letter they sent, won't even help us as we have too many miles on it. So, we have no A/C, we need wheel bearings, the car still has the starting issues, I'm not sure yet about the BCM. The gasket will be covered on our extended warrenty- but that's all that will be. I wonder if the new promotion they are offering will entice back any of the customers they lost? They as much as called me a liar when I called Customer Service & explained all our problems :lemon:
  • netnerdnetnerd Member Posts: 118
    Here's a copy of the letter I received. I live in the U.S.A., so maybe that explains the difference between the letter I got (stating only 2002 owners), and the one the person from Canada got (stating 2002, 2003, and 2004 owners).

For the record, I have less than 60,000 miles on mine, but only by about 8,000 or so.

I haven't contacted Buick for the replacemnt yet, but I do plan to.

http://people.haverford.edu/dsdavis/buick_letter.pdf
  • jk27jk27 Member Posts: 244
    Great news! I have 57,000 on mine, so I'll definitely take advantage of free replacement wheel bearings. I got the letter last week.

Regalluvr ... you still sore about your RDV experience? Time to move on! :D

FYI, my letter is identical to the one posted above.
  • gcia4lifegcia4life Member Posts: 2
    i removed mine,you must remove the whole panel,
    get one of the trim removal tools from a auto parts store. i believe there are three screws also(Maybe four)
    the plastic toggle inside the switch wears out which stops the windows from working. i tried to swap it from one of the rear switches but it jusz broke again.
  • gcia4lifegcia4life Member Posts: 2
    my hood was rusting just as you described it and we took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free, except now it is rusting again.
  • sgr1sgr1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, we received the letter also. We had one bearing replaced, but at 62K. Very probably little hope getting satisfaction, but we are sending the repair receipt just in case.
  • regalluvr2regalluvr2 Member Posts: 114
    Hi jk,
    Hadnt seen you on here in a long-long time.I thought that maybe you were stranded beside the road somewhere or maybe had even traded the RDV off. :)

As the former owner of a RDV I believe that I still have the right to post on here.It was a big step in the right direction for Buick to admit that they had wheel bearing issues.Now,if they would only step up to the plate and help all those with BCM,AC Condensor,Intake Gasket,and Stalling issues which are far-far too common on the 02-03 RDV's. :lemon:

The RDV's should have had at least a 5 year-60,000 mile warranty from the factory when new.Look at the new 07 Chevs with a 5 year-100,000 mile warranty.

Buick used to know how to build some quality vehicles.My old 91 Regal Limited go to work car has been almost flawless in 160,000 miles.Its had one brake job,one battery,one alternator,one PW motor,and a new fuel pump at 130,000 miles even though the old one was working fine.Not very many early RDV owners are ever going to get that kind of service.

Good luck with the RDV.
  • jeffohljeffohl Member Posts: 1
    Now if they would only do the same for the AWD Disable problem. I've had my 2002 Rendezvous in service two-three times for this problem (numerous times for other things) and they can't figure out what is wrong that the AWD Disable light keeps coming on. I am now finding out this is a common problem, but our Buick service department acts like they've never heard of this problem before. In reading through some of the entries on this site it sounds like it could be:
    1. Wheel sensors
    2. Wire harness
    3. Hub assembly
    I even took it to another (non-GM) service shop for a second opinion. They said they got an error code B2552 (which is more than GM could tell me). But they said that code does not even appear in any of their GM service documentation. So I'll be heading back to my Buick dealr for the 3-4 time to see figure out the next step.

Any other information anyone can provide would be appreciated
    ******** Hadnt seen you on here in a long-long time.I thought that maybe you were stranded beside the road somewhere or maybe had even traded the RDV off.

Nope, sorry to disappoint you, I've been cruising in my RDV safely and comfortably with no problems. So far, I've owned this '02 for 4 years and 4 months.

********** As the former owner of a RDV I believe that I still have the right to post on here.

I agree, but complaining about something you owned years ago? Sometimes you've just got to let it go and move on. And just because YOU weren't happy with your RDV doesn't mean that EVERYBODY isn't happy. I'm very satisfied, for example.

******** It was a big step in the right direction for Buick to admit that they had wheel bearing issues.Now,if they would only step up to the plate and help all those with BCM,AC Condensor,Intake Gasket,and Stalling issues which are far-far too common on the 02-03 RDV's.

Agreed, it was nice of Buick to offer to pay for the bearings. And, all of those issues you mentioned were taken care of under warranty (paid 100%) in vehicles under the bumper to bumper warranty (3 years, 36,000 miles). If you didn't have those problems occur during that time frame, or if you didn't purchase an extended warranty ... that's just the nature of the car business. No manufacturer pays for ALL problems as long as you own the car! That's simply an unreasonable expectation. And, many people have had problems (that weren't paid for) with vehicles made by other manufacturers. Just look at some of the other Edmunds forums here.

******* The RDV's should have had at least a 5 year-60,000 mile warranty from the factory when new.Look at the new 07 Chevs with a 5 year-100,000 mile warranty.

If you did not think the warranty was long enough when you purchased it, you should have either 1) bought a different car or 2) bought an extended warranty. You knew (full disclosure) how long the warranty was when you purchased the car. Nobody forced you to buy this particular brand or model of car -- especially in the first year of its release (most people are somewhat wary). And, for the record, Buick has extended its warranty now to be 4 years/50,000 miles bumper to bumper AND 5 years/100,000 miles on its powertrain. That's quite an improvement, imho.

********* Buick used to know how to build some quality vehicles.My old 91 Regal Limited go to work car has been almost flawless in 160,000 miles.Its had one brake job,one battery,one alternator,one PW motor,and a new fuel pump at 130,000 miles even though the old one was working fine.Not very many early RDV owners are ever going to get that kind of service.

Not many cars ... period ... are going to have that kind of performance. Maybe you should have kept your Regal ;)

I've had pretty good luck with my RDV. Sure, there have been some problems (as with ANY car I've ever owned in my life!). However, I was fortunate enough to have most of the problems occur during the bumper to bumper warranty period. The one problem I had out of warranty (BCM) was partially paid for by Buick (which they did not have to do).

I'd buy another Buick again without hesitation. My point? All cars have problems and not ALL Buick Rendezvous (even 2002's) are lemons. I'm very happy with ours and I'd buy another Buick without hesitation. YMMV.
  • murfdogmurfdog Member Posts: 61
    I have a nice series of problems that have occurred recently on our bare bones 2002 CX.

1) yesterday my wife was nearly out of gas and was sitting idling while waiting to pick up my daughter. She decided to stop the car. It then would not start. We added 2 gallons and it would not start. We added another 2 gallons and it then started. I then refilled it and added the STP fuel cleaner stuff. Today the "service engine light" came on and is staying on. I assume they are some how related. Any ideas ? She said the light was on when she could not start it yesterday.

2) our accessories do not work and have not worked for a while. I checked fuses on the inside of the car and could not find a bad one. Am I looking in the right place ? About 8 months ago she went in for an inspection and whatever they hook up to check for smog test did not work. Is that related ? Some electrical problem ? They had to do the smog test the way they do for old cars.

This car just hit 80k miles.

3) what about taking the car in for a tune-up. What do you recommend ?
  • clm51clm51 Member Posts: 9
    I was having some of the same problems you are describing on my 2002 in April and May. Of course when I took it in to the dealership they could find nothing wrong. Finally one day when I had no A/C, CD or dash lights I drove straight to the dealership and told them to test the Body Control Module. I had done a lot of reading and research. They did and sure enough it was not functioning correctly. My car was 300 miles out of warranty, but they fixed it and I haven't had a problem until I got new tires and now my "traction active" light keeps coming on. Apparently there are sensors somewhere that were affected when my tires were replaced. It is always something with a car. I still like my Rendezvous a lot though.
    Should I be really concerned about this light going on ?
    My wife ran out of gas. We added gas. I also added a fuel additive and the next day the light went on. She said the cap was not on correctly and fixed that and the light stayed on.

We had that light go on once a year or two back while driving down the highway and it was due to the cap not getting placed correctly. I thought fixing the cap corrected that fairly quickly. Then again we continue down the highway another 50-60 miles. Don't remember exactly how long it took to correct the problem.

Could it be the fuel additive. It was the "complete fuel system cleaner".

This light is frustrating because does it mean something bad or is it what it says in the book concerning fuel cap or bad fuel or ???

I hate to waste time and money for something that might be nothing.
    Call it BS if you want, they're not my procedures. However, I am an attorney and I will tell you with certainty that if a vendor supplies you with grievance procedures -- and if you don't follow them exactly -- you may be out of luck in court. Courts almost always insist on having people follow published grievance procedures PRIOR TO filing a lawsuit -- or taking any legal action whatsoever.

Do what you want. If it were me, I'd follow the procedures to a T and document everything (e.g., certified mailings, record dates of conversations, names, etc.). You will be much more prepared for any potential legal action (and you can then prove that you went through the grievance procedure -- without satisfaction). YMMV

Good luck! :)
    Two days later, our car would not start again even with a full tank. My wife used a stick to bang on the tank and then she was able to start the car.

Took it to a local shop we trust. First they found the blown fuse that I missed so the accesories work and the diagnostic interface. They determined it was the fuel pump and are going to replace it along with the fuel filter.

I searched through this forum and that seems to be a common problem with these GMs. He told me this was the third generation of the part, which means they know they had problems with it before.

He also said the transmission fluid looked dirty and was going to replace it. I suspect that was due so I hope there is nothing there.

Expensive, everything I am getting done is going to cost 990.

This will most likely be our last GM. Back to honda/toyota next time.
  • cancel99cancel99 Member Posts: 4
    Fuel pumps do fail, but by running out of gas, you may have overheated it trying to start it. The fuel acts as a coolant for the pump. You should not make a habit out of driving with low fuel, or with the low fuel light on.

You went for eight months with the data connector and some of your accessories not working? That would have driven me crazy after the first eight minutes, yet alone eight months.

When you have to go in and get alot of work done at once, it will be expensive. All cars need to be maintained or it will catch up to you. Good luck with your Honda or Toyota.
    The reason we are looking away from GM for our next car is because not only this problem but because of the air conditioning going out and some other smaller issues with this car and with past GM cars. Reading this forum is another reason to scare you away, though I suspect its not balanced, since those without problem would not post.

We love the roominess of the car and many other features. Its the quality that scares us with GM/Ford.
    Just picked up by car from a Buick dealership ... replaced both front wheel bearings at no charge (just had to bring that letter from Buick with me to the dealership). If you have less than 60,000 miles on your RDV, make the appt. and get those bearings replaced!

Also, had front and rear brake jobs (1st one in 58,000 miles).

Finally, had rear differential flushed (groaning and moaning upon tight steering). The flushing appears to have cured the symptoms completely.

Cool :)
  • tablescapetablescape Member Posts: 18
    I finally got a chance to have my fuel tank issue worked on. They told me it was a software update or a new cluster depending on the car. They ended up replacing the cluster. I will let you know if it worked when I get near empty.
  • jacklin30jacklin30 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know. I haven't taken mine in yet. I haven't had any other problems since I had the battery replaced (bad cell). I guess I just haven't wanted to fool with the gas gauge issue. I took it in once and they said it was caused by the design of the gas tank and GM didn't have a fix for it. I just don't want them fooling around with it and messing something else up! Please let me know if replacing the cluster corrected the problem in your car.
  • shelby349shelby349 Member Posts: 13
    Good to stumble on this site with other Buick owners(or the disenchanted ones!that got frustrated with the buggy...since '02 when I bought my CXL I've had a love/hate relationship with it so I'll try to be fair.I live live and commute in the Canadian Rockies and it's great in a fresh snowfall/slush,ice and back ice.I love the Versatrac. I've had 140k and the A/C condenser failed(replaced the aluminum with a Chinese steel aftermarket at 1/3 of the price.Coolant leak?Probably a frost plug because it started when it was -25C.Fixed it 2 yrs. ago with Prestone Stopleak,The hood has been repainted at my expense.The bodyman said the seam connecting the 2 sides was collecting water and wasn't sealed properly at the factory.Factory Uniroyals lasted 30k and any vehicle's fuel pump will fail if you run around dry,mine hasn't.But it's gotten me home every time and I'll keep it.Sorry to hear about all the former GM'ers who jumped ship.Maintain,maintain,fluids and filters!! ;)
    Oh,today I had the tires changed out(third set at 140k) to recommended Nokia all-season,winter rated.The front wheel bearings seem ok,but the right rear is sloppy...$500 Canadian,350 for the part.
  • ron44094ron44094 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new to this message board! I have been a relatively satisfied owner of a 2003 RDV CX and have just decided it was time to move on. I just left the Buick dealer and am planning on purchasing a used 2006 CXL AWD with 11,000 miles on it. It seems to be very similar to my 2003 except with more equipment. I am wondering if the AWD is a good choice (we live in the Northeast). I see that Buick no longer offers it in their 07 lineup and was wondering why? Has there been an exceptional amount problems with this feature or have the experiences with it been positive?

Thanks - Ron44094
    The AWD will cut your fuel economy by 30-40% vs. a fwd but for me up here in snow country it's worth it.I wouldn't own a fwd,but with so many other suv's available,the Versatrac is brainless all wheeling,with,to my understanding 4 wheel independant braking capabilities(ie traction control).I haven't had any problems with my AWD system and it's been a good buggy all in all,check prices as these have been known to depreciate quickly,Ron!
  • jerezajereza Member Posts: 1
    I usually research a vehicle to death before buying but I didn't this time. Today I just bought a 2002 Rendezvous. It has everything! It's a CXL and we got it for a good price. I had a Subaru that was totaled recently(rear ended)so I had to buy something and didn't want to pay much more than I received from the insurance company for my 99 Outback.
    I noticed on the drive home that the fuel gauge fluctuated a lot. I'm glad I bought the extended warranty.
  • bigowlbigowl Member Posts: 3
    About a year ago my 2004 RDV was making a moaning sound on tight, slow turns. I asked the dealer service about it, they checked it out and said it needed a rear differential replacement. They did the work under warranty and it was OK. Now (13,000 miles later) it is moaning again (louder than before). Some posts on this forum suggest a fluid flush might fix the problem. Do I have to look forward to a $300 flush every year? Or should I yell at them for giving me a defective differential? Any wisdom you can share would be appreciated.
    We received a recall notice today! We will be getting rear ball joints absolutely free. I can't believe it. Maybe all of our negative posts on this site are being read after all. Now, if they would just claim responsibility for the starting problem, A/C, BCM etc............. :I am happy though- it's a start.Good for you GM.lemon:
    The service manager at my local Buick dealership told me he does not know for sure what causes the differential moaning, but thinks it is accumulation of wear particles on the clutch plates in the differential. That is why flushing will stop the noise. He said it is expensive because it has to be done twice, with five minutes of tight turning in both directions between flushes. He said GM originally recommended changing the module, but now says to just do the flush. Does anyone have a number at GM or Buick Motor Div. that I can call (or an email address) to ask what is really going on here? My guy says it may last two years before needing it again. Good luck to me on that.
  • onebriteladyonebritelady Member Posts: 5
    UPDATE:
    I took my 2006 Rendezvous back to the dealer for the 2nd time with this issue and they kept it overnight, last time they had it more than a week and sent it home saying it was fixed. Then yesterday I got a call telling me to come and pick it up because GM had issued a bulletin stating not to fix it. Yes, you heard that right. I have a brand new vehicle and GM sent it home with me. It would be different if it wasn't a safety issue, like a radio didn't work or something. But this is my GAS GAUGE! I have no idea how much gas I have in my tank. And sure shouldn't have to measure how much I use in a log for a brand new car. They gave me a copy of the bulletin I will type it in below since they didn't make it readily available for anyone to search online.
    SUBJECT: The Fuel Gauge Fluctuates - cluster erratic intermittent IPC
    Models: 2006 Buick Rendezvous 3.5L
    The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI
    Condition/Concern:
    A number of fuel tank sending units have been returned to the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) for fuel gauge fluctuation concern, with no trouble found.
    Recommentation/Instructions:
    Engineering is investigating this fuel gauge concern with the 3.5 LX9 engines. This concern will address fuel gauge fluctuation concerns for customers who typically park their vehicle on an incline. Should normal diagnostics fail to identify a concern, DO NOT REPLACE ANY PARTS for thsi concern at this time. This PI be updated or a bulletin will be published when a fix becomes available.
    Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completeing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
    Document ID# 1 8 4 0 0 5 8
    Ok.. so in the mean time I drive a broken vehicle. If I run out of gas on the side of the road, GM better send the President to come pick me up. My salesman actually told me it might be best to get an attorney because he has never seen GM issue a statement like this. He mentioned the lemon law :lemon: . But don't you have to have it in the shop a certain number of times to get a vehicle replaced? And if GM issued a statement not to work on these vehicles they kind of just created a loop hole for themselves huh? :cry:
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm looking at the doc from different eyes (since I don't have the problem) it looks like they are acknowledging the problem, but don't have a fix for it yet. It doesn't help you but at least they won't go throwing parts in that won't solve the problem, resulting in lost time and effort for both you and dealer.
  • onebriteladyonebritelady Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I understand that. But if you look back on other forums it looks like this has been a problem with more than just the 2006. I reported the problem as soon as I got the car. And it seems others have been reporting it since the 2006's were released. So the only question will be... If it took this long for them to aknowledge the problem, how long and much effort is being put into a solution I suppose. It's a game of wait and see for now. But I am not playing nicely for long.
  • 7seater7seater Member Posts: 2
    Just had my 04 AWD in for service. It was making a slight squeal on left turns. It turns out that this was break pads making the squeal even though the break was not being pressed. Dealer said that pads need to be replaced, which was fair enough, but also that rotors needed to be replaced as well. I disputed the fact the rotors would wear out before any real signal that break pads were needing replacement. After our discussion, dealer agreed with my put of view and put through the rotors as a goodwill warranty.
    Also when I was in, it seems that there is a recall notice just going out to replace the rear ball joints. Perhaps this will fix the noise that most Rendezvous owners seem to notice. Ball Joints were replaced and everything is fine.

My 04 Rendezvous has about 44,000kms on it.
    I agree with ray80's comments about not throwing parts at the problem, but it is a little scary when they say "Engineering" is looking at the problem. Unless they have a special "quick fix" engineering group, it may take a long while. The typical engineering fix is to determine the cause of the problem, then redesign a part, get the parts manufactured, distribute them to the dealers, issue the repair bulletins, etc. etc. All that can take months. Maybe you will get lucky and it will just be an adjustment.
  • tablescapetablescape Member Posts: 18
    I had my cluster replaced under warranty for the fuel gauge and it seems to much more accurate, I no longer have a half tank of gas for ever and then drop quickly. good luck with yours.
  • esw4esw4 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just bought a 2004 RDV CXL with 35000 miles 6 weeks ago. During the test drive we notice the steering was not right. Salesman said it needs balancing and alignment.
    The RDV has a pull in the steering, when you make a right turn and return to center it pull to the right. It also does the same with left turn which ever turn you make last is the direction that it pulls. The RDV has been sitting at the Buick dealership in the service dept. for the past 3 weeks and they have NO clue on how the fix the problem. The dealership has called for engineer but as for a date of his arrival a week or two. If someone has expirenced this same issues, I appreciate any information.
    Sounds like it was in an accident. Are you sure it isn't one of those that has been written off, then re-sold? Scary
    They have to check all of the common suspects. Alignment (front and rear), tires (balancing and inflation pressures), suspension, etc. It's still under warranty, so don't let them give it back to you if it's not fixed. Steering is definitely a safety issue. If they can't fix it, let them know you'd consider a reasonable buyout. Have you considered a lemon law claim? I had to do this with an Isuzu Rodeo that wouldn't steer straight and kept veering to the side of the road if you took your hands off the wheel.

Keep on them!
  • jacklin30jacklin30 Member Posts: 14
    I personally think this bulletin just protects themselves. That way they can say they are "working on it." For how long is anybody's guess. As long as they can get by doing nothing, that's exactly what they will do most likely. I keep my tank above half a tank consistently so I don't have the problem of running out of gas. Should I have to do that? No, but I don't think GM will be coming to my rescue if I do run out of gas, so in that way I am protecting myself. The gas gauge problem is an annoyance. I don't like having that problem on a new car, especially when everyone I know told me "save yourself some headaches and just get a Toyota or Honda or something, they are better cars." I decided to give GM a chance. Then I have a problem with the gas gauge and the battery right from the get go. That's not a good sign in a new car and everyone who told me not to buy a Buick has been telling me "I told you so." I have owned Nissans and Hondas for 25 years and never had a problem with their new cars - not one! Having problems with the Buick this early in the game does not look good. But, I do like my Rendezvous very much. The battery was replaced (they said it had a bad cell in it) and so far, so good. It does still show signs of a problem when starting now and then, but so far it turns over and hasn't left me stranded anymore. The other problem is the gas gauge problem, which I took it in for and for which the dealership told me they didn't detect a problem. They told me the design of the gas tank was the cause of it. I guess we all need to make sure we have extended warranties just in case the car continues to have problems down the road. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't, because I do love my car.
    Well, today we took the 2002 in for the recall on rear ball joints. We are really happy about that recall as it's an expensive fix if we had to do it. Now, we have another problem- just started few days ago. The fuel gauge is going crazy!You can sit and watch it go from a 1/4 to full and back again. If you rock the car it goes even faster. Has anyone had this pro :lemon: lem & how did you fix it, and how expensive was it??? Help!!
    macpherson posted that Buick sent him/her a rear ball joint recall notice for the 2002 RDV. I have a 2002 RDV and I haven't received any such notice (nor have I noticed any problems with the rear ball joint). Did anybody else get this?

macpherson, what type of 2002 RDV do you own? I have a 2002 AWD CXL -- no recall notice. Also, did you experience any problems specifically related to the ball joint?

Thanks.
  • clm51clm51 Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering about a recall also. In fact, did a search on the Internet and can't find anything about such a recall. My Rendezvous is a 2002 and the only notice I have received in 4 years was a recall on the rear latch assembly and recently something concerning wheel bearings. Which after reading it I didn't think that since mine had not been replaced during a certain time frame that I was not going to benefit in any way.
  • jdksjdks Member Posts: 42
    I have received two other recall notices in addition to the bearing recall. One of them is the rear ball joint and the other one it just mentioned recall #####. Hope this help.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm I'm not sure if its officialy a recall or a special fix it thing. Every one I've heard of so far that got the notice is in Canada and since its seems to imply salt being culprit in degrading seals it may be more prevelant in the snowy north. On the RDV side I think it would apply to all of them since they all have the independant suspension in rear, on the Pontiac side only the AWD versions would be involved.
    In Canada,here,I got one about two weeks ago.If you owned the vehicle since new,they should have your address.Maybe your dealer can help,as this is an across the board RECALL,and an otherwise expensive fix.Did you get the wheel bearing notice?
  • steveo33steveo33 Member Posts: 3
    I had both bearings replaced at 62,500 and submitted the recipts to Buick after getting their letter. I was denied, but am trying to write a letter documenting the other problems along with the bearing that were taken care of at the time -- namely AC Condensor, bad wiring in the tailgate, blown rear wiper motor, and fan blower resistor.

Has anyone had any sucess getting the wheel bearings replaced at no cost just after 60K?
  • jwatmkejwatmke Member Posts: 3
    Hi, just purchased a 2005 RDV CXL with the XM radio and Nav. However, we have found that there is EXTREMELY poor reception for the AM stations. When doing a search, the radio will only find 1 AM station. My other cars would find the dozen or so local AM stations... Anyone else come across this problem and how it was fixed? Car is still under warranty for another year.