Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• 442455442455 Member Posts: 64
    Research the C-305 connection which causes problems such as yours. I believe it is located in the area under the driver's seat and beneath the carpet. Many problems have been caused by the wires in that connector not making good contact, corrosion, or the wires having pulled out of the connector.

The fuel pump circuit gets routed through this connection. I would also check your fuel pressure regulator to make sure that is not faulty.
    The following was copied from a Google search

GM

Starting problems, various electrical gremlins. Drivers of some 200006 GM minivans (full list below) may come into your shop complaining of some really strange symptoms. Among the comments you might get is that the engine won't start, starts with difficulty or stalls. The starting troubles may be accompanied by an inoperative or out-of-whack fuel gauge. In addition, the MIL and the ABS and/or TCS warning lights may be illuminated. The TCS system may have a mind of its own, activating in dry conditions. Finally, Service Traction System and/or All-Wheel Drive Disable messages may be displayed on the dash. To put the icing on the cake, all these symptoms can come and go, leaving behind multiple DTCs in the process.

Veteran techs know that unrelated electrical gremlins like these usually have their origin in either one of two maladies: a bad ground or an intermittent connector. In this case, it's the latter-more specifically, connector C305. You can find this connector on the floor, just to the rear of the driver's seat. And what you'll probably see is that it's either corroded or has spread female terminals.

How you approach the repair depends on what you find. If the connector is corroded, water is getting into the vehicle from somewhere. Find and fix the leak first, then replace the connector. If there's no evidence of corrosion, GM warns not to try to repair the spread female terminals. Instead, replace them with parts from a terminal repair kit.

The following vehicles are susceptible to the starting and electrical problems described:

2000-04 Olds Silhouettes

2000-05 Chevy Ventures and Pontiac Montanas

2001-05 Pontiac Azteks

2002-06 Buick Rendezvous

2005-06 Buick Terrazas, Chevy Uplanders and Pontlac Montana SV6s
  • ford_docford_doc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 buick Rendezvous. The gas guage is very inacurate especially from 1/2 tank to empty. I have been to the dealer 5 times, 3 sending units, a cluster and a reprogram. Now they want to tell me this is normal. If so why did they throw all these parts at it. Anyone had this problem and get it fixed? :mad:
  • crudcrud Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2004....same problem. I noticed it when the vehicle was days old. TWICE, the dealer drained my tank and adjusted the mechanism that measures fuel levels. It was never fixed to my satisfaction. I gave up on it. The gauge shows low fuel when the vehicle is facing downhill, and just the opposite when facing up hill. I have owned many cars in my short life, and I have never seen this issue before. I guess have gotten used to it....I usually get 400 miles on one tank....that is my "accurate" gauge.
  • ealfordealford Member Posts: 15
    I have a 2005 RDV with the same problem and I have already had them replace the sensor and the instrument cluster which did no good. There is a tech. bulletin from GM on the 05',06 RDV's which states basically that there could be problems with the temp gauge and or the fuel gauge with erratic readings and there is no fix. It even says that the service people shouldn't replace the instrument cluster because that won't fix it. Buick says they are working on it but this has been a problem from 02' to 07' and unless more people complain and file suit, GM won't do anything about it. Look what it took for them to do something about the gaskets on the 2002's. Anyone who's car is still under warranty should seek justice through their state Lemon Laws. Because I bought my 05' used, even though it was still under warranty my state Lemon Law is unless. I would sure like to get a class action suit going
    I have a 2005 RDV and the only connector even close to this location isn't inside the vehicle but under it and the connector is water proof. I have exhaustedly searched for it inside with no luck. As I said there is one at that location under the car.
  • chuckie2chuckie2 Member Posts: 16
    I have a 2004 and whenever I park on a hill, the gauge will read inaccuately...of course parked on a level surface the gauge reads fine....try parking your vehicle on a level surface...I think you're just looking for a problem when there is none. If the gauge does not right it self when level then you may have a problem....I have read many posts here and 80% are people who, A: don't take care of their vehicles, B: think the only thing you have to do is put gas in it and go....anything to bash American cars....no wonder our economy is in the "tank" (pun intended)
    You obviously don't have a clue about what we are talking about in reference to the fuel gauge on the Buick RDV. I for one do all of my own maintenance on all of my vehicles including my 02' Dodge Ram Diesel and my 95' Harley. Did you not read my post about GM acknowledging the fact that there is a problem with the fuel gauge and they can't fix it? Get a grip Chuckie!!
  • chrissy4chrissy4 Member Posts: 2
    Is your RDV an AWD? I have this problem with my 2002 AWD, but I know what it is with my car. If you have an AWD it could likely be the rear axle. It's a German part that needs to be flushed and lubed about every 30k. It costs about 250.00 to do it and if you put it off apparently the thing will break at a cost of 3k to replace it. The kind of noise it will make is a whinning noise (like wawawawa) every time you make a wide turn left or right at slow speeds. My problem that I have with my RDV is the A/C isn't working, it just blows air. Also my window control on my driver side doesn't work, my rear view mirror leaked and now is foggy permanently, I forever have my check engine light on (emission issues) and some of my lights on my dash are out, such as my odometer. I have no idea what else could be wrong with my car and frankly I don't want to know because I don't have the money to pay for it anyhow. :sick:
    The C-305 connector does transistion from the outside of the vehicle to the inside behind/under the drivers seat. The problems others have had is corrosion inside the connectors (even though it is "waterproof") or pulled wires which are not making a good connection. One owner has taken numerous pictures of how he repaired the connections, the damage he found when he first took it apart, etc.

If you live in an area of the country where you drive in snow and the resulting salt useage, you are more prone to have problems with this connector, or depending on the way it was built, problems with the pulled wires.
  • h2oaquadogh2oaquadog Member Posts: 11
    If the ONLY thing I had put into this car was gas, I'd have 5,000 dollars in my pocket today.
  • bostonterrierbostonterrier Member Posts: 17
    Well, that noise is NOT right. I had this problem on my 2003 CXL and just had it repaired today and the sound is GONE! It is from the traction control in the rear. It must be flushed out 2 or three times by them. They flush it then they drive the car for 5 minutes in a left hand circle then 5 minutes in a right hand circle. Flush and do it again. This whole process is about $250...but if you don't do it, it will get worse and worse and when it fails its about $2500 to replace. The dealer should have a service bulliten on this (my dealer actually showed me the bulletin). My dealer at first said it was my power steering pump and they replaced that...to no avail. So then they looked it up and found the bulletin. Luckily they didn't charge me for it as I had already paid for a unneeded power steering pump so it was a wash for me.
  • woopswoops Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a used 2002 Rendezvous( I swear I did not know they are lemons) and I want to clean the cooling system and install new coolant,but I need to know where the bleeders are located to purge the air out of the system. :sick: THANKS
    As far as I know you only have to drain the radiator, flush, (with engine running and up to temperature) and refill with some antifreeze other than the bad stuff that GM uses. Don't worry about air in the system it will purge itself.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I believe there is 2 bleed screws for the coolant system. I just don't know where they are :confuse:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Draining and Filling Cooling System

Draining Procedure

Important: Do NOT add any engine coolant supplement sealant pellets to the cooling system. Drain and refill the engine cooling system every 5 years or 240 000 km, (150,000 ml) , whichever occurs first.

1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.
    2. Remove and clean the coolant recovery reservoir. Caution: To avoid being burned, do not remove the radiator cap or surge tank cap while the engine is hot. The cooling system will release scalding fluid and steam under pressure if radiator cap or surge tank cap its removed while the engine and radiator are still hot.

3. Remove the radiator cap when the engine is cool:

3.1. Slowly rotate the cap counterclockwise to the detention tab. Do not press down while rotating pressure cap.
    3.2. Wait until any residual pressure, indicated by a hissing sound, is relieved.
    3.3. After all hissing stops, press down on the radiator cap and rotate the cap counterclockwise in order to remove the cap.

Important: Recover and store used coolant in a used coolant holding tank and submit the used coolant for recycling on a regular basis. Do NOT pour used coolant down the drain. Ethylene glycol antifreeze is very toxic. Disposing of ethylene glycol into the sewer system or ground water is both illegal and ecologically unsound.

4. Place a drain pan under the radiator drain cock in order to collect all of the used coolant.

5. Open the radiator drain cock. If only partial cooling system draining is required, drain enough coolant to perform the procedure.

6. Open the air bleed valve on the thermostat housing 2 full turns.

7. Open the air bleed valve above coolant pump 2 full turns.
    8. Place a drain pan under the engine block drains in order to collect the used coolant. Important: Allow the coolant to drain completely.

9. Remove both of the engine block drains.

o The front left engine block drain is located between the starter motor and the engine oil filter.
    o The rear right engine block drain is located near the crankshaft position sensor.

Filling Procedure

1. Reinstall the engine block drains.

2. Close the radiator drain cock.
    3. Install the coolant recovery reservoir. Notice: When adding coolant, it is important that you use GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL(R) or HAVOLINE(R) DEX-COOL(R) coolant. If Coolant other than DEX-COOL(R) or HAVOLINE(R) DEX-COOL(R) is added to the system the engine coolant will require change sooner; at 50 000 km (30,000 mi) or 24 months.
    4. Slowly add a 50/50 mixture of GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL(R) or HAVOLINE(R) DEX-COOL(R) and clean, drinkable water to the radiator until the coolant level is at the base of the radiator fill neck.
    5. Wait for 2 minutes and reinspect the level of the coolant in the radiator. If necessary, add coolant to the radiator until the coolant level is at the base of the radiator fill neck.

6. Install the radiator cap.

7. Ensure that the radiator cap arrow points toward the radiator overflow tube.

8. Close the air bleed valve above the coolant pump.Important: The air bleed valves are brass. Do NOT over-tighten the air bleed valves.

9. Close the air bleed valve on the thermostat housing.
    10. Fill the coolant reservoir with a 50/50 mixture of GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL(R) or HAVOLINE(R) DEX-COOL(R) and clean, drinkable water. Important: If the coolant temperature indicator turns ON, turn the engine OFF immediately and allow the engine to cool. Do NOT remove the radiator cap.
    11. Start the engine and allow the engine cooling fan to cycle on and off 3 times.
    12. Turn off the ignition. Caution: To avoid being, burned, do not remove the radiator cap or surge tank cap while the engine is hot. The cooling system will release scalding fluid and steam under pressure if radiator cap or surge tank cap is removed while the engine and radiator are still hot.
    13. Allow the engine to Cool.
    14. Ensure that the engine coolant concentration is sufficient.

Mr. Shiftright
    VISITING HOST
  • tablescapetablescape Member Posts: 18
    my rear bumper sensors have stopped working, any ideas how to fix them, is there a fuse or something easy I could do? thanks
  • lconover1lconover1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 CXL that has had 3 new power steering pumps put in it and it continues to make the same noise each time they put a new one in. They keep insisting it is the power steering pump but have not been able to fix the problem. So far they are saying the pumps are defective. What is the bulletin you referred to on your car?
  • marleykuzimarleykuzi Member Posts: 1
    I can't believe Buick will put their name behind a car that is such a piece a crap and they are not willing to fix the problems that are obviously an issue with the make and year of the car. I have had to disable the AWD or it would have cost more then $3200, the wheel bearings have had to be replaced, AC compressor, AC condenser, gasket repairs, and now I am trying to figure out why all of a sudden I have to jump my car every time I try to start it. The second the car is turned off everything goes dead. EVERYTHING. Once it is started it seems to be fine but I noticed something strange and it only happens every now and then but when I push the window buttons up every once in a while the battery light comes on and everything flashes and now my gas gauge does not work. (I hate my car) If anyone has had any similar experiences I would love to know what you had to do to fix it.
    OK here it is:
    06-04-114-001A MAY 06 Drivetrain - Moan/Groan Noise From Rear Differential

Now, here is a site that lists all the bulletins (don't panic when you see it!):

http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/82/038201gn.html

This is a list of the Buick Rendezvous bullitens. To actually see them, you have to pay a fee (which I have not done), but usually just seeing the title gives you an idea of whether or not Buick has seen your particular problem before. It amazes me that Buick dealer/service doesn't seem to have the initiative to look this stuff up themselves. I got an unneeded fuel pump too!
    Sounds like the BCM (Body Control Module) is shot. This runs $600-800 depending (mine was 600 but I've seen others on this forum say they paid about $800). My symptoms were similar: radio and CD player going at the same time, all sorts of relays clicking, mirrors ramdomly moving all around, battery going dead within about 45 minutes after parking my car - every time. You really have no choice but to get a new BCM. I wonder if leaving a cel phone charger plugged in all the time can cause this? I don't know - but I don't leave mine plugged in any more just in case. Anyone know if this is a possibility??
  • hrvkleinhrvklein Member Posts: 2
    The fuel filter on my 2005 Rendezvous is inside the fuel pump assembly which is located in the fuel tank.
  • partagaspartagas Member Posts: 6
    Hello All,

As you all , will soon find out (by the way i talk and type) I am new to this, Hell I mean I have never done any sort of "post" or Forum thingie!!! here goes

Stats- "02 BuicK Rend. CXL AWD-miles @150,000 (honestly)

Issues- Already done the intake BS, I have done brakes all the way around,of course tires, as well as regular maintance (I have done all except intake, i let a shop do it...i had no time, got in car, ran to FL from OH)

NOW- I have been through AWD DIsable/anit-lock brakes signal on dash, found out that,string ripped the wiring apart. was able to re-install the wiring, took care of issue!, (yesterday) HOWEVER- I have been hearing some nasty noise up front, driver side. some what of a gearing, grinding noise. I know that it is not the engine, I have took apart the front wheel Asm. the wheel bearing seems fine, no cracks in seal, no wobbles! I know that the faster the car goes the louder the noise gets! It seems to me that it has to be related to either the bearing, the CV shaft (which all good, not even a crack in them) maybe the rack-n-pion?? or maybe the gear box next to tranny? (frt gearing? it is full and the oil look good!)

I have been a damn good wrench at home. Fixed many cars, this issue is making me nuts, 'cause i can not locate the real issue, the shops around here, want too much just to "look at it"

any help wopuld be awesome!! ???
    PLS!!

( I can say this, other then what i have said above, my wife has not had any other issue with the car, actaully she loves it. ride good, plenty of room, plus I can say, after going through the "forum" thingie, and reading so many issues that forks are having, or had, had before........I feel very lucky, and greatfull!)

Tanx
    Tom
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You may have to bite the bullet and get this thing up on a rack and run it, to isolate the noise. I mean, what could 15 minutes of rack time cost in your area? The problem is that driveline noises transmit along the drivetrain and it's very hard to locate from the driver's seat. Did you actually pull the bearing out, wash it and examine it? And the race it runs in?

How about draining some oil from the transaxle and looking for debris?
    Typicly I believe if its a front whel bearing issue the noise would change a bit while turning one way or another, do you notice that at all? With mine (Pontiac version) when the front bearings were bad the noise seemed to go away at highway speeds.

As Mr Shifty eluded to, it can be difficult to diagnose from inside the cabin. Agin in my case when a rear bearing was having issues, the noise would be worse as speed increased in general. In addition the noise would go away (or lesson) ahen going over a bump (and load taken off) and would be MORE noticable when taking high speed turn (such as taking a tight exit ramp off highway)
    I have been looking into shop time around the area. i my self have had this up in the air, but really was unable to make the same noise. but did not run at any real spped though. I will get under it today and check the trans/axle. as well as make a full inspection of the frt/lft wheel bearing.

thank you
    yes, checked Mr shifty, and replyed, 2071.....
    as to what you mentioned, my noise, at first it did not come on till aprox. 25 mph...from the point, it would get a bit louder as the mph went up...all the way up! as of now, it comes on right from the start, (about5mph) and goes up from there acordly with mph. I can say that from about 50-80 the noise id about the same, LOUD! just maybe, a bit louder on the highr mph, but you can not tell that much diff..

thank you, as siad before, will have it up, and check the trans/axle fluids...TODAY! and get back to you all...

again, thank you.

I am actaully happy to see some fairly desent advise, from folks you just dont know. yes, i know that i should be more "in-tuned" with these computers/net...but to me, it is just not right. to spend so much time as i have heard of others doing on them, is actaully mind-numbing.
    again, thank you.
  • vwarrenvwarren Member Posts: 4
    Do you work for Buick? By strictest definition, the Buick Rendezvous does not qualify as a lemon. BUT, I do think it is very suspect that the Buick Rendezvous has a large number or threads in this forum AND if you look at each one of those threads, you will see complaints of the same problems occur over and over. Some of these occured within the first year of ownership. You start to see the pattern and you start to see the problem. I am happy for you that you have a virtually problem free vehicle. But for the thousands of others who spent $30,000 or more on this car plus the outrageous repairs (sometimes two and three times for the same repair), I'd say we have a right to call this car a lemon or anything else we want to call it. And if you are one of those like me who found out just what this vehicle is worth at trade in, I'd say sour a great description.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I do think it is very suspect that the Buick Rendezvous has a large number or threads in this forum...

I think that is a bit of stretch. We have 52 active discussions dedicated to the Rendezvous and fewer than half of those deal with specific problems. More importantly, those "problem" topics average far fewer than 10 postings each.

As to the frequency of postings in a vehicle specific maintenance and repair topic, that is much more a reflection of the relative number of people who own a particular make and model as well as how long the vehicle specific M&R discussion has been around. The Rendezvous M&R discussion has been around a VERY long time! :)

That is not to say that problems don't exist or that they aren't serious. It only means that it is not valid to make generalizations about a vehicle's reliability based solely on the number of threads in a Forum dedicated to discussing problems.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    It is valid to make generalizations about a vehicle's reliability when there are so many problems with it and when GM acknowledges a problem and doesn't do anything about it ie; the fuel gauge problems experienced with the 2004-2005 Rendezvous. The reason there are so many posts is because there are so many people dissatisfied with their cars.
  • oneofhismenoneofhismen Member Posts: 3
    I know this at the end of February 2009 I will get rid of the POS and Never, Never buy another GM product. They did not stand by their product and as of today I have spent over $3,500 for repairs to a vehicle that has never been in an accident. Uggghhhh. Oh by the way the heater stopped working this morning. :(
    ok...still have not been to shop yet.....extremely crazy past few days! however, I can say that I did get under and check the trans axle fluid level, which is "a-ok". I can hear that the noises, seem to come from the drivers side, or at least it is louder on that side, per right side. now, I did take a test drive a little....well, at least get out of house away from ...PMS wifey....when you get to hwy speed, it is loud and seems to come from the front, left......now, I can feel this in the steering wheel. I can say, if you turn a little to the left, as to change lanes, it is louder....now, if you are changeing lanes to the other side, it seems to get less as loud, or even calm down a little....this is why at first I thought I might have a steering issue, but the pump is full, and it does not have the regular signs, for a steering pump.

like i have said, this is a hard one for me to grasp. I guess i need to break down and found a place to get it in, have them take a look. just hate that, becouse, for some reason, they tend to find things wrong that are not......been there, not doing again!

see ya
  • guytrahanguytrahan Member Posts: 3
    Good day,

I am also a new owner of a used Buick RDV 2003.
    I'm experiencing little problems... I'm wondering if you tell me all of the problems you encountered. I may have the same problems. First, the T/C light with a little wrench beside it lit in the middle of the dashboard. Second, the ABS light came on. Third, a light with a little truck with a wrench. Can you give me hints on what articles I can read to find my solutions?

Regards,
    GUY
    OK, I do have the wheel bearing going bad....driver frt.

I now have it up on jacks, all apart....cleaned, and ready with new bearing hub....
    my issue is this, what are the torq specs for the three bolts that hold the bearing on, as well as the huge "hub nut"....does anyone have this info,

Or can anyone give me a desent range to be in. I know old school always was, for the huge hub nut, was torq down good, then back off 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn.....

not to sure if that will work right on these, which are different!

any help is awesome

tanx
    I don't know what the specs are, but The 3 bolts I believe are torqued to yield (meaning I believe just short of breaking, and new ones should be used, not the old ones)
    Just looked in my factory manuals for my wife's 2004 Rendezvous. Your specs should be the same, since no changes were made to the front end assembly pieces of the wheel.

The three bolts should be replaced with new ones, since like the previous post mentioned, they are designed to stretch only once, that being the original installation of them. However, I have reused those bolts with no problem. They get torqued to 96 Ft Lbs (130-N-m).

The wheel hub locking nut gets torqued to 192 Ft Lbs (260 N-m). If you don't have a torque wrench that large, some auto part stores will "loan" you one if you leave a deposit which is refunded when you return the tool. Auto Zone or one of the large chain stores do that.

When you install the new wheel spindle nut, the two washers have a "ramped" side. They must face each other. Hope this helps.
  • ceriffceriff Member Posts: 5
    So I fell for the trap and bought an 02 cxl about a year or so ago. I was told that it had already had several things replaced on it and I guess this should have been a clue. We really love the car but the repair is getting expensive.

Ok, so we have a new BCM to install, I have found the basic how to on removing the BCM but here is the problem. I cannot remove the fuse box that the BCM is attached to. Does anyone know how much of the console needs to be removed? I can't find a repair manual anywhere in town and we really need this car running again.

Thanks, Stephen.
  • anthonyefanthonyef Member Posts: 9
    My shop manual tells you to remove the Front floor console (center console), 4 bolts.
    To remove the Junction Block (fuse box):
    1. Disconnect the BCM electrical connectors (3) at the top.
    2. Disconnect the console accessory wiring junction block electrical connectors (2). Looks like they are held on with allen head bolts, it says when reinstalling bolts, finger tight first then tighten to 54 lb in.
    3. Release the (2) retainers on the sides.
    4. Finally, Remove the console accessory wiring junction block out of the bracket.
    5. Now you should be able to access the retaining lever for the BCM. Looks like a little hockey stick.

Good luck, I have an 2002 cx I Just purchased (afraid after reading all these forums) and found the shop manuals on ebay. They seem like the will be extremely helpful. Just did a thermostat on it. Kind of a pain, manual says to remove exhaust manifold crossover (no way), i was able to get it without doing that.
    Let me know if you need scans of the instructions and I can email it to ya.
    Anthony
    If I could get scans that would be awesome. This is really getting the best of me. Thank you very much for the reply. Also, what did you look for on ebay to find the shop manuals. This might really come in handy.
  • tahoebctahoebc Member Posts: 6
    Check engine light came on and I'm getting the following code

P0135
    HEATER CKT MALF
    BANK 1 SENSOR1

Any one know which sensor it's referring to and it's location?
    Car seems to be working just fine.

Thanks
  • tahoebctahoebc Member Posts: 6
    Still looking for any help anyone might be able to offer. I'll add these links though as a good start on figuring out your check engine light codes

http://www.engine-light-help.com/buick-check-engine-light.html
    http://www.engine-light-help.com/generic-check-engine-light-codes.html

My code:
    P0135 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) - see our "articles" link for additional help with these generic check engine light codes

An even better link
    http://www.obd-codes.com

P0135 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) - see our "articles" link for additional help with these generic check engine light codes

this code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135.

you will likely notice poor fuel economythe illumination of the MIL.

Causes
    A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

O2 Heater element resistance is high
    Internal short or open in the heater element
    O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
    open or short to ground in the wiring harness
    Possible Solutions
    Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
    Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)
    Quite simply, Bank 1 refers to the side of the engine that has the #1 cylinder
    by the way, I'm gmail.
  • jamesjames Member Posts: 2
    Last night, i was attempting to lower my drivers side window. It didn't go down. I assumed it was due to it being frozen since it was snowing and very cold outside. Later while driving home, the window started to all down. The motor seems to be working but not connected?? Is the problem these clips I have read about?
  • dickburgiodickburgio Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping someone can help. I have 2002 Buick Rendevous. The interior lights will not shut off after you start the car. I have changed fuses without sucess. Currently running without dash board lights because cirucuit is same as interior lights. Any suggestions?????
  • rosingrosing Member Posts: 3
    Your "Body Control Module" (BCM) computer is probably failing. My GM dealer told me the 2002 is particularly susceptable. Cost me $480 to have him repair. The other symptom that you should be on the lookout for is failure of the interior lights and dash readouts. Also if you use the auto feature for the headlights they will not light, but you can override by turning your headlights to the "on" position. The 02 also had trouble with the fuel tank wiring harness and control module (again a computer part.) When it fails the fuel tank gauge always reads either full or empty. This is a more costly $700 repair.
    In addition to the BCM being bad, you could also have a bad dimmer switch which is in the headlight control switch, a bad connection in the steering wheel controls, a short in the interior lamp voltage supply circuit, or the dome light on switch might be in the ON position.

Most of these repairs require a scan tool in order to set up the BCM after repairs. Sounds like a trip to the dealer unless your dome switch is in the ON position.
  • juliaomjuliaom Member Posts: 29
    I second the motion, if I had any money left after all the repairs on my 2002 then I could trade it in for a Toyota.
  • exhaustedexhausted Member Posts: 21
    :lemon:

Window regulator. Happened to me when my 02 was only 1 yr old. was about a $300 repair @ dealer.
  • dondrodondro Member Posts: 2
    SO I made a rookie mistake 2 years ago and bought an '02 RDV CX without researching it first. Boy have I paid for it!

Anyway, I bought the car, and it didn't have an owner's manual. Today, getting it unstuck from snow, a light showed up that is like a little car/truck/SUV with a wrench on it. I'm looking everywhere trying to find out what the hell this means.

I've seen this before, but it always went away after restarting the car. I've restarted it three or four times since it appeared and it comes back every time. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  • spike99spike99 Member Posts: 239
    > "little car/truck/SUV with a wrench on it.".

This is Service Engine light. Only way to determine exact cause of the problem is to visit a qualified auto shop, and they use a code reader. Could be anything from plugged pollution item to a bad sensor.