Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rkothaparkothapa Member Posts: 4
    I have been trying to get some quotes for 2012 Odyssey EXL in the DFW area. The best I have been getting is around $31500 including d&h and dealer added options. Wanted to get some opinions on this forum. Is this Good price or over priced?
  • lpaternolpaterno Member Posts: 2
    gardnr01, What's the dealer name and location?
  • kps1234kps1234 Member Posts: 1
    what would be best deal to buy odyssey EX-L in va/md/dc area?
  • dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    I purchased my odyssey 2012 3 months ago for 31800. You shd be able to get it close to 30k to 30.5k
    Please try Fenton Honda of Ardmore Oklahoma. Ardmore city is 90 mi from dfw. I am sure you will get good deal.
  • lmcjcaolmcjcao Member Posts: 16
    Got EX-L with RES for $32,000 from McDavid Honda Frisco, probably could do better on price, but I was in a hurry to use the car. So for EX-L, below $30,500 should be possible in DFW.
    Thank you dp_crv. I will send a quote request to Fenton Honda. Can you recommend any sales person at Fenton?
    Thank you lmcjcao. When did you purchase your vehicle? Can you share the salesperson's name. you can email me at danieldotgenryatyahoodotcom
  • jwooijwooi Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to get the Touring Elite for $38500? Which dealership was this at?

Thanks
    john
  • whacky1whacky1 Member Posts: 2
    We recently bought our Honda EX-L (destination included) with no other options and no trade in for $29,900 in MA.

Thank you everyone for sharing their experience and price.

Good luck!
  • carjuly2012carjuly2012 Member Posts: 2
    Can you pls tell the dealer name? Also was this OTD price?
  • gazprince80gazprince80 Member Posts: 2
    All,
    I've got a dealer offering the following. Is this a good deal for a EX-L w/ Navi
    Price:$31,652
    Accessories: $1,434 (fog lights, cross bar w/ rails, remote start)
    Tax, Fees: $2,537
    OTD Price: $35,623

I'm purchasing two vehicles identical. I haven't yet pulled the trigger and was wondering if I can get down more on the price.
    Looks like a very good deal. Can you tell me which state and dealer? Thank you.
  • lpaternolpaterno Member Posts: 2
    Spreen raised their quote from 35995 (good in May/June timeframe) to 37080 on a Touring (quoted yesterday). So, your $36,500 looks pretty darn good. What dealer are you talking to?
  • 3ringcircusmom3ringcircusmom Member Posts: 3
    I am hoping to trade my 2010 Odyssey in for a 2012. Would a trade in raise or lower the price on the 2012?
  • honodyhonody Member Posts: 1
    Just pulled the plug on 2012 Odyssey EXLW/RES in Chicago area with OTD $34700. This was the lowest price I got after exchanging quotes for over a week. Got 0.9% financing for 60 months. Also, got the Pro Package at a discounted price.
  • whacky1whacky1 Member Posts: 2
    Honda village was the dealer and the price is not otd.
  • donethat_1donethat_1 Member Posts: 66
    Do you research before you buy......February 2012 Motor Trend Long Test Article 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite, 6 months old, 14999 miles "...we'll have the technicians look at the transmission as well. Over time, shifting has become rough, and occasionally upon acceleration between first and second gears, the transmission seems to be shuddering."
  • vtec369vtec369 Member Posts: 8
    Finally got around to making the purchase on a Celestial Blue EX-L (no NAV, no RES) for a purchase price of 30,453 (destination included). Thanks to all who have shared their buying experiences and prices.
  • rpark417rpark417 Member Posts: 1
    got mine 2012 touring elite with wheel locks, all season mats, trunk tray, and splash guards for $37,500
  • carjuly2012carjuly2012 Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2012 ex-l (no nav or Res) 30k + ttl+doc +tax in central ct
  • linh9linh9 Member Posts: 6
    Does your price at $37,500 including destination charge? What is your OTD price? Thanks.
  • sham01skisham01ski Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    2012 Touring Elite White diamond pearl with truffle interior

Vehicle Price: 37,400
    Dest 830
    Doc Fee 398
    Tire Tax 7.5
    NJ Tax 7% was 2676.62
    NJ DMV 430

OTD was 41750 or so... Paperwork is in the car.

They tried to charge me 95 dollars dealer prep and 199 for etch and I almost walked on the deal so they lowered the selling price of the car to 37106. Open Road Honda in Edison. I also bought the tire and rim package for 695 along with some key replacement etc. The tire and rim alone was 595 for 5 years so for another 100 bucks bought it all. Shopping for honda care now....

Hope this helps... This edmunds site and odyssey club helped me negotiate this wonderful deal..
  • bobo8652806bobo8652806 Member Posts: 3
    Offered a 2012 EX at $27,769 plus tax. The $27,769 includes the doc fee, mud guards and rubber floor mats. The dealer usually has 20 plus vans on the lot. There is only five or six left.
    They must really be looking to move these month end.
  • linh9linh9 Member Posts: 6
    That is a very good deal. Thanks.
  • tommylaws1tommylaws1 Member Posts: 11
    Could you break down your prices a little further?
    1. Was the 31,652 the 'base price' or did it include the destination fee?
    2. What 'fees' were in the $2,537 you cited.
    3. Were there any dealer prep, documentation, etc. fees and if so, what were they.
    4. What was the name and location of the dealer.

Thanks.
  • mallik1mallik1 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Got today EX-L RES $32000 + $80 doc fee + $150 wheel locks+ $330 allfloor mats + 1250 7yr/100K warranty
    +dmv + taxes
    OTD 37K
  • akhterakhter Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Is it possible for you to post the dealer info.
    What is the dealers name and where is it please
  • bobo8652806bobo8652806 Member Posts: 3
    Metro Honda Indian Trail NC
  • vtec369vtec369 Member Posts: 8
    Sure..I got mine from Valley Honda in Naperville/Aurora. Very pleasant experience considering we had 2 young kids running around the sales floor while we had our trade appraised and all the paperwork done.
  • trabatraba Member Posts: 9
    Is this a good price? $35082 + tax, destination, doc, and registration. I am hoping to buy today or Monday at the latest. I am in NJ. Thank you.
  • areyoumadareyoumad Member Posts: 2
    I have purchased a 2012 Honda EX-L RES with protection package installed for a drive out of $33,828 in Atlanta. This includes 7% Fulton county tax, dealer documentation fee, and tag/title fees. I tried for Smoky Topaz but ended up closing with Metal Metallic as ST was not available.
    Could you please break down the price, i.e., base, dealers fees, reg fees, tax, etc.
    It would be very helpful. thanks
  • indianagalindianagal Member Posts: 2
    Would you also please specify if you had a trade in?
    edited August 2012
    Sticker was $41,330
    Doc fee is $299
    Nj tire tax is $7.50
    DMV fee (not sure) I think $400
    Tax is 7%
    Dest is $830

Their price was $34782.23 but they did not have the color combo I wanted. I am paying $300 for the transfer which makes price $35082. I thought the fee was ridiculous but their price was still lower than anywhere else. I am picking up tomorrow.
    I started off thinking I should trade in but their offer was low so I sold privately.
    Traba: Please help me out here. You paid for a Touring $34,782.23 plus these 'fees' below:
    Doc fee is $299
    Nj tire tax is $7.50
    DMV fee (not sure) I think $400
    Tax is 7%
    Dest is $830

Is this correct and what is the name/location of the dealer.
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Sorry had not visited forum. The best pricing I got at SF bay area at end of Juky was $35,800. However, wife had a change of heart and we decided to go with a crossover vs minivan. We will eventually get a van i supposed few more years diwn the road. However if anyone is interested in the pricing, email me as i had done almost the entire deal.
    Was this price before tax, destination, etc? If so, I am happy with my deal I am getting today. :)
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Yes, your pricing sounds great. I just don't know if Honda announced any extra incentives to dealer or customer during August. If not that is a great price. As I mentioned $35,800 end of July was a price that most dealer refused to match.
  • yhxyhx Member Posts: 5
    Could you please let me know the name of the dealership where you purchased the car? Could you break down the price, i.e., base, dealers fees, reg fees, tax, etc. It would be very helpful. Thanks!
    Here is the final breakdown...

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring
    MSRP: $ 42,160.00
    Discount $ 6,248.00
    Internet Sale Price $ 35,082.00
    Destination $ 830.00
    Net Selling Price $ 35,912.00

Total Taxable Amount: 35912.00
    State Sales Tax: 2513.84
    Documentation Fee: 299.00
    Motor Vehicle Fees*: 69.50
    NJ Tire Tax: 7.50
    Total: 38801.84
    Thanks for your kind response. My question was to areyoumad for the EX-L with RES. Thanks anyway.
    areyoumad, could you please let me know the name of the dealership you got your EX-L RES? Could you also break the price down to base price, destination, doc, tax, etc? Thanks!
  • chopstixwifechopstixwife Member Posts: 3
    Hi csriram45,

I live in the bay too. Do you mind telling me the name of the dealer where you received the $35,800 quote for the Touring?

At the end of July, we were looking at the EX-L w/RES and were quoted $35.5K out the door but the husband wants to see how much a Touring would cost us.

Thanks!
    I have requested quotes for EX-L Res at Atlanta area. The best offer I got is $31,790.13 (base+destination). This does not include doc, tax and title fees. It seems there were better offers from previous posts. I am wondering if you could share the name of the dealership and your OTD price and breakdown (base, destination, doc, tax, title, etc.).

Thanks!
  • web2webweb2web Member Posts: 7
    Would you mind sharing the dealership information. THanks.
    I purchased at DCH Kay Honda in EatonTown, NJ.
  • web2webweb2web Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the information.

September is already here and 2013 models will be out in September. In that case, how much discount can I expect on 2012 Odyssey? I see that there is already a $1250 manufacturer discount on all Odysseys. I was wondering if I wait for another month would I be able to get more discount than this?

I am getting Odyssey EX-L with Navi for $33866 (includes dest charges) + taxes. Is this a good price? Or should I wait for a month?
    My dealers price on the ex-l with res was $30631.95 plus $830 dest. Your price seems very high.