Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    odyboy2012odyboy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys, I am new this group & planning to buy an odyssey but not sure brand new or certified
    Looks like this forum is very useful for all..

I have got an Internet quote for 2012 EX-L w/res - 30,500$(base price)
    From a Honda dealer in new Jersey

What do you think of this price

Plz share your thoughts
    Good luck with your search :)

Thanks
  • Options
    tutimamitutimami Member Posts: 7
    No dealer in the entire country is offering 2012 ODY EXL with RES for 30,500. You might want to check again, it might be just the EXL without the RES at this price.

If it is EXL with RES then jump on it without any questions!
  • Options
    areyoumadareyoumad Member Posts: 2
    Does it include "Tax","Documentation Fees", "Dealer Destination Charges" etc? If Yes, this is an awesome deal.

I have got my 2012 EX-L/RES for $33,823 (Drive out) in Atlanta.It came with Protection package accessories (wheel locks, Splash guards, trunk tray). My price included 7% tax as well.
  • Options
    trabatraba Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2012
    Your price is very good. I ended up going with the touring model but my price on the ex-l with res was very close to yours. $30,631 from DCH kay honda in eatontown. I say go for it at$30,500 bc no one was beating my price and yours is $130 less.
  • Options
    yhxyhx Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Hi areyoumad, I live in Atlanta area too. Could you please share information of your dealership and the breakdown of your drive out price? Did you have a trade-in? Thanks!
  • Options
    Yes it is 2012 ody EX-L with RES I just checked my quote again & I called them to confirm too she said well under 30,500$ for that model & dealer is planet Honda,NJ

That's just the base price nothing included in it

Btw when can we expect 2013 odyssey into the market any idea?

Thanks for the replies guys
  • Options
    Is there any chance of dealer removing/excluding some options from my ody for this price (30,500$)?

Do I have to double any dealer options/accessories ...before I buy my vehicle from them?
  • Options
    patryan127patryan127 Member Posts: 1
    I contacted Planet Honda in NJ for a quote as well and they sent me an email stating an EX-L with RES for under $30,500. I called them to get an OTD price but they wouldn't give that amount unless I went in personally. I am from out of state and would travel there for that price, but a local dealer is telling me that there is no way they would sell it for that price and that they must have hidden documentation fees.
    I would expect their price to be
    $30,500 + TTL
    $830 Destination Charge
    $75-150 Dealer documentation fees

Anyone verify that they were able to buy for that price? Anyone specific that you dealt with?

Thanks,
  • Options
    mike_d2mike_d2 Member Posts: 1
    Congrats tommylaws1...

I'm also looking to buy Odyssey Touring in NJ. So your purchase can guide me so that i can also get a good deal.

Can you please mention dealer name and location. Also what all add ons/features did you buy from dealer in addition to basic touring feature?

Also wanted to know if you tried to purchased it with cash or financed it from dealer to get it at 35082 OTD?

Regards,
    Mike_D2
  • Options
    rouge411rouge411 Member Posts: 1
    NY metro area - 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, $31,200 + tax and DMV.
  • Options
    web2webweb2web Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    I am getting the lowest on this is $32700. Is this a good price? I purchased Consumer Reports for Odyssey 2012 (not worth it) and it says the bottom line price as $32700. Should I go ahead with $32900?
  • Options
    block123456block123456 Member Posts: 1
    I am from bay area and lowest quote I get for base EX-L is 30988. I have not started bargaining yet.

Because MSRP of EX-L + Navi is 2000 more than base EX-L, so I think we are getting a similar price :-)
  • Options
    I got the same price on EX-L. I have managed to bargain EX-L with Navigation for 32500 + tax + reg. If you want we can go together and get a better bargain. Let me know. I am planning to go tomorrow to the dealership to pick up the vehicle.
  • Options
    hunter888hunter888 Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind posting dealership name that you got the quote from in the ATL area?

I am coming over there in a week or so from MS, and that is about $1000 better price than I can get over here.
    Thanks
  • Options
    hunter888hunter888 Member Posts: 2
    Hi areyoumad or yhx,
    I am traveling to the Atlanta area next week I beleive. Could you please share information of your dealership and the breakdown of your drive out price? Did you have a trade-in? Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,204
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    car_buyer12car_buyer12 Member Posts: 6
    Hi odyboy 2012,
    I was inthe process of buying an 2012 Ody Ex in april 2012, planet honda give me the best price in the market in online quote,but once you enter in their dealership,the person send you the email will greet you and will guide you to sales person.So the sales person will start adding up the +fee+stuff+++++ so on the final price he will give you more than $3000/- from the original online quote this is realy happened to me,luckily I am in NJ and just waste 30 mile drive+2 hours+gas only,so be careful........., I ended up buying my 2012 ODY Ex from Paul miller ,NJ,atleast they will beat your competitor online price quote and finish my deal in 1 hour.Good luck and if you bought ody from planet honda ,nj with that price (EXL W/RES =$30,500) please post back.
  • Options
    davis22davis22 Member Posts: 17
    Please post dealer name! I am also in East Bay and looking for an Odyssey! Thanks!
  • Options
    gazprince80gazprince80 Member Posts: 2
    Price~:$31,610
    Accessories w/ Install~: $1,800 (fog lights, cross bar w/ rails, remote start, illuminated interior, auto day/night mirrors)
    Tax, Fees: $2,490
    OTD Price: $35,900

Other dealers in the IN, KY, OH area were $700-$2500 more for the same specs.
  • Options
    tommylaws1tommylaws1 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2012
    Would you please provide a specific breakdown of the cost.
    Did the $31,650 include the destination charge and 'dealer fees'?
    What other charges were there?
  • Options
    bmwmerisawaribmwmerisawari Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer you got your van from. can you please share the location and saleman.thanks.
  • Options
    stephdeputystephdeputy Member Posts: 1
    I'd also appreciate your breakdown. I am planning on purchasing this weekend and was trying to see what kind of a deal I could get out of Sam Swope in Louisville, KY.
  • Options
    indianagalindianagal Member Posts: 2
    Im in Southern Indiana and have gotten quotes for ex-L for 30,850
  • Options
    jacobbbeamjacobbbeam Member Posts: 2
    Hi hoping someone can help. EX-L no nav, no res. MSRP is 35.8k.

I'm pretty close to buying.

The deal is 32,700 (w/Destination) then subtract the $1,250 cash.

That feels like a decent deal to me - below invoice before incentives.

But what I can't figure out, is that people are getting pricing much lower - like 31,500 before incentive.

I think there is only 700 in holdback on the van + 350 in HDAG. I think I'm giving them a profit of about 600 bucks - that is fair.

Most of the really low prices that I have seen are in states with sales tax (oregon is not).

Does anyone know if dealerships go lower in states with sales tax?

Any other advice - if I'm within $200 bucks of a great deal, that is fine.

But I don't want to be $1,000 off.

Thanks.
  • Options
    bmwmerisawaribmwmerisawari Member Posts: 3
    Can pls let me know the dealer in southern Indiana you got the quote from? Thanks
  • Options
    jetmag23jetmag23 Member Posts: 2
    This forum was invaluable.

Yesterday I bought a 2012 Odessey EX-L (RES) from a PA dealer close to Philadelphia.

32000 Base (Includes Destination 830)
    250 - Propack
    +tax
    +tags
  • Options
    jetmag23jetmag23 Member Posts: 2
    This forum was invaluable.

Yesterday I bought a 2012 Odessey EX-L (RES) from a PA dealer close to Philadelphia.

32000 - Base (Includes Destination 830)
    250 - Propack
    +tax
    +tags
  • Options
    davis22davis22 Member Posts: 17
    Hello! I am looking to buy a 2012 Odyssey TE. I'm in the Bay Area, CA. I've gathered quotes from about 7 different dealers and the lowest price I've received so far is $38,995 and this includes destination. Is this a decent deal? Will prices go lower when the 2013 models reach the lot? Thanks!
  • Options
    sammy_chung1sammy_chung1 Member Posts: 3
    Can you let me know which dealer give you the quote for 30998? My quotes for EXL are all above 31288. I'm in the bay area.
  • Options
    bbe1bbe1 Member Posts: 1
    Found this forum helpful, so wanted to share. Just closed on 8/10 on a 2012 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES at a dealer up here in New Hampshire, got this as an internet quote and it turned out to be the best deal I could get, though perhaps someone with more patience could do better.

Price OTD:
    EX-L w/ Res: $32,300 (includes $830 Dest. charge)
    + $399 Doc Fees

That was it. They had about $500 worth of that junk they put on all the cars up here - door edge guards, pin-striping etc, but that was ignored in the pricing.

Cheers!
  • Options
    I purchased EX-L with Navigation for 32500 from SF Honda. Extremely positive experience and very pain free transaction. I can refer you to the guy I worked with.

Quote for EX-L from Anderson Honda>>
    Based upon your budget, you may want to consider a less expensive model such as the 2012 Odyssey EX-L (no navigation) that we are selling for $30,988 plus tax and license.
  • Options
    gardnr01gardnr01 Member Posts: 5
    That is a good price. I got $38,500 but there was another $600 in "dealer fees" which is simply profit. I would take the deal.
  • Options
    rsh1339rsh1339 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, who was the Philadelphia area dealer that gave you this pricing.
  • Options
    norcalnativenorcalnative Member Posts: 5
    How can the navigation cost an additional $1.5k more? What other options did you have added to get to your $32,500 from $30,988. I will be looking to buy a new Odyssey in late August/early September in the bay area. Thanks.
  • Options
    mamadesietemamadesiete Member Posts: 1
    I'm in southern illinois and they've offered a deal of $31,500 for ex-L (no res or navi) without trade ins.
  • Options
    my3psmy3ps Member Posts: 6
    We are just starting to look for a new 2012 Odyssey. We have a 2005 to trade in. Just wondering what others have paid recently OTD for an EX or EX-L (no res).

I am not sure the leather is worth an extra 3k over the EX.

Thanks!
  • Options
    rsh1339rsh1339 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me which dealership near Philly?
  • Options
    tarunitaruni Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for EX-L RES in Atlanta metro area, i did received quotes from 4 dealers and their on road prices was around 36K. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    Hey, Could you please mention the dealership name? thanks.
  • Options
    Just wanted to post a followup with some quotes we got. We are heading out Tuesday to take a look so I'll post Dealer info after we sign. We still haven't decided between the EX or EX-L. Anyone else trying to decide between the two?

Accessories included in quotes 1 & 2 (mud flaps and wheel locks), no additional accessories on quote 3.

EX $ 25,495 + $830 dest + $199 proc. fee + $328 acc. + TTT

EX-L $ 29,395 + $830 dest + $199 proc. fee + $328 acc. + TTT

EX-L $ 29,100 + $830 dest + $199 proc. fee + TTT

(Bummer cover had to be replaced on this one due to damage during transfer from the factory this is from a different dealer then the two above)

Most quotes I received were about $800-$2000 more. I have emailed these dealers and also spoken to them over the phone. I can't see the sales guy lying as I flat out asked him if there are any additional fees or changes and he said no. Several dealers told me they didn't know how they could sell so low as they would be at a loss. Guess we will find out if it is too good to be true we go Tues.
  • Options
    javaperljavaperl Member Posts: 1
    web2web, could you please refer me to the guy you worked with? thanks!
  • Options
    morfysmorfys Member Posts: 2
    Recently bought an EX-L w/ RES.

Base price: 32400.

OTD: 35500.

Dealer: Grace Honda @ San Bruno, CA

OTD quote obtained via email.

Experience: Great. Sales person didn't try to sell anything extra.

Thanks to this forum for presenting valuable info.
  • Options
    x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Proc. fee seems a little bit high. I just bought my EX and only pay $80. Are you sure the EX is $25,495. It seems to me more like a LX price, but if it is. You got a really good deal.
  • Options
    psomupsomu Member Posts: 3
    To my3ps:
    I am also from dc area and looking for quotes for ex-l. Can you provide the dealer name for your 3rd quote. Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, I am sure that is the EX. I have an email from them. I even called and made sure over the phone. Since my last post I have even had one other dealer say they'd match it and give me free accessories so you can knock another $338 off that total. The Proc. Fee is $199 across the board for all dealers I have dealt with here in MD.

Still trying to decide if the EX-L is worth $3,000 more. We are going in tomorrow night.
  • Options
    This quote is for an Odyssey that took on some slight damage to it's rear bumper during transit from the factory. The dealer has fixed everything. I'm just not sure it's worth getting a prior damaged vehicle to save $300. If we don't go with it, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    py777py777 Member Posts: 62
    Just bought my 2012 EX-L Odyssey yesterday. Got quotes from various dealers and the lowest I received was $31,288 + TTL. I was trying to negotiate a lower price with another dealer earlier to $31k but they won't budge. So I emailed back the dealer who offered $31,288 and asked them to throw in the all weather floor mat. The sales is also the fleet manager so he quickly replied yes. Since they have the color I want in stock, I went in that day. The manager lowered the price of the car to $31,000 + $219.9 for the mat, bringing the total with the mat to just $31,219.9. Even better than the original price he quoted me. My husband wanted the splash guard so the total price is $31,383 + TTL.

Here's the breakdown:

$31,000 base EX-L
    $219.9 All season floor mat
    $163.6 Splash guard
    ----------------------------
    $31383 Total + TTL

I did not purchase any warranty or maintenance plan from them. They were asking $1790 (already reduced from original $28xx) on the 5yr/60k extended warranty with $100 deductible. I asked if there are $0 deductible plan and he flat out said no... I told them I will get it somewhere else. The guy keep saying I'll be getting a different plan like a 3rd party one but I ignored him. We asked about the details of the maintenance plan (sentinel plan) that he quoted $875 for those services up to 60k, but he couldn't provide the actual cost of those services would cost me at their dealership, and not much detail on what the service will perform. I told him no thank you again as I don't have enough info to make my decision.

The sales guy was great, easy to work with and pretty good deal.

The finance manager was not so great...
  • Options
    melovecarsmelovecars Member Posts: 1
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I don't quite understand this forum thing, but I definitely found it useful! Last week I picked up our new Odyssey Touring model. I paid $36,950 including all dealer doc/admin fees, not including tax and license. However, to get the deal done the dealer threw in a $250 service department gift card that will allow me to add the body side moldings, so I suppose the price is technically $36,700 and utilized the . Also, beware of the add ons at the end - mud flaps, all weather floor mats (it comes with carpeted ones), and the previously mentioned body side moldings. All should frankly come on the car, and none of those were mentioned in the negotiations. So, don't do what I did and get to the end feeling pretty good about your deal, only to find that you have to add in several hundred more dollars to protect yourself from door dings and mud :) Also, if you are so inclined to purchase some of the extended warranties, etc. that are offered in the finance office, wait for the dealer to discount them. I had to say "no" three times as they kept reducing the prices. Good luck!!
  • Options
    scottchen7scottchen7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring from Corona Honda. Riverside ($35,979) and Corona Honda has the best price from all the email quotes that I sent out. @ $35,980 includes Destination Fees. But they did not tell me that I need to get the propack for $895. After Haggling with them, they agreed to remove the propack and I bought the dealership warranty. I can cancel the dealership warranty within 60 days and get full refund. I had transmission problems with my older Odyssey, so I might keep the warranty. If they do not want to give you the price you want, just get up and walk out.

$35,980 + Tax + fees + $1,399 dealer warranty = $40,624.40

$692.94 per month for 60 month. APR is 0.90 %
    Finance Charge is $952, Amount Financed is $40,624.40.
    Total Payments = $41,576.40

My next best price is $36,197 @ Sierra Honda in Monrovia and @ West Covina Honda. I bought my last Odyssey from Sierra Honda and it was fast and easy with out Haggling.
  • Options
    sujacsujac Member Posts: 1
    I am pretty close to closing a deal on a 2012 Touring elite. I was offered an OTD price of $42,640, which includes remote starter, roof rails, door visors and moon roof visor. Any thoughts?