Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Avalanche Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• timfarntimfarn Member Posts: 289
    I did not pay the 1% the dealer was asking. The fee is also rebated by the mfr., similar to holdback. I pointed out how much advertising they had to do to get me into the showroom (no "change for a dollar" or any advertising at the time). This is a good opportunity to ask to see the invoice. If it appears on the mfr. invoice, ask when they receive the payback from the mfr.
  • seamusthedogseamusthedog Member Posts: 21
    The GM website states that there is 0% intrest PLUS and additional $1000 rebate to qualified buyers, so it seems to me that they can be used together, and if the dealer says you can't just tell them I said it was OK.
  • jst4fjst4f Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my K1500 with Z71, convenience package and heat leather seats for $1600 below Kelly Blue Book invoice value. I did have to take what was on the lot: no transfers, no orders. Hence the leather heated seats in So CA!
  • metalgearmetalgear Member Posts: 8
    Picked up my AV. two days ago. Black w/gray cloth,Z-71,conv. pkg.,WOL tires,3.73:1,
    MSRP-35,578.00
    MINUS-4,233.00 off msrp
    MINUS-1,000.00 rebate
    MINUS-2,385.00 gm card earnings
    ---------------------------------
    TOTAL=27,960 plus tax and tags.
    PLUS I GOT THE 0.0% FINANCING (3 yrs.)
    By the way,I had some doubts about buying this vehicle(cladding,weight,gear ratios,radical looks,Z-71 susp.).
    But let me tell you this ride is AWESOME!!,the looks are growing on me very rapidly to the point where other trucks look way too plain and simple.
    3.73:1's are fine,5300-plenty of power,tranny is extremely smooth,the Z-71 susp. and agressive tires are unbelievably smooth and quiet.King of the road type feel.
    PLUS THERE ISN'T A TRUCK OUT THERE THAT CAN DO WHAT THIS ONE DOES!!!! (AT THIS PRICE-CADDY FANS)
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • chrisntamchrisntam Member Posts: 7
    Got ours for $6.336.00 under sticker. Fully equipped Z-66 except luggage carrier. Also got the GM extended warranty for 72 months/75k miles for $1300. I think they got to us on the warranty, but didn't complain since I thought the discount on the AV was pretty good. First tank of gas was around 18.8 (half city/half highway), and yes, I took it very easy for the first 500. We also took advantage of the 0% financing. Its a cool unit.
  • slayer69slayer69 Member Posts: 18
    The sticker was $38,571 for the 1500 4WD Z71, however I managed to get my Av at the actual dealer invoice amount. It helps to know people at the dealership. My Av has all the options and I added a molded bug deflector in summit white, black headlight covers, Z71 billet hitch plug, black aluminum billet grill and a K&N FIPK Generation II Kit.
  • imaniguanaimaniguana Member Posts: 19
    Where did you pick up the billet grill?
  • slayer69slayer69 Member Posts: 18
    At www.stylinconcepts.com

Item number 41263 Billet Grille -- Black $139.95
  • idocpilkidocpilk Member Posts: 18
    Delivery tomorrow...MSRP 32610 Z66 Red/Tan with Luggage rack and assist steps. Invoice (28485)-2002 Customer cash - 1000 GMCard = $25483 OTD Over $7000 off sticker with no bogus charges.(It helps to have a brother in charge dealers money). Actually had a better deal before Christmas but couldn't get to Austin to get it ;-[ I know the 0% is over but Peoplefirst.com is going 5.44% 60 months. Hopefully I will have a trouble free unit as I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.
  • fastz28fastz28 Member Posts: 19
    Congratulations. Took you long enough.

Damn, you robbed me out of my $100 referral fee. :-)
  • idocpilkidocpilk Member Posts: 18
    Smartalec! I finally pulled the trigger and really love this rig. I need to have the alignment done...pulling to the left. Other than that its sweet. Did have the rust under the window seals but the dealer cleaned it up and it looks perfect. My brother inlaw traded this one up from Arkansas...just finished breaking it in. Trying not to look at the gas guage ;-) Already looking at what I can do next..after the mudflaps of course.
  • rthayerrthayer Member Posts: 10
    my GM gold card, circa 1996, was, I understood
    capped at $3500 and you had 7 years in which
    to use the accumulated credit (7 x 500) Since
    I am planning to use this when I get to 3500,
    is this correct? I read the agreement and even
    contacted GM about it and I think this is the
    correct interpretation.
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    And the accumulation is always for 7 years. So if you haven't used it in year 8, year one's earnings drop off. At least that's the way it was when I first got mine. Not sure if it's changed. I've used mine 3 times, so the most I ever had was just under $1k.
  • sabrezssabrezs Member Posts: 3
    My dad's retired GM, So a good gms price of 28,200 msrp 33,435 plus 2,200 on gm card and 2002 rebate. Total price $24,000 w/ Z66 and Leather.
  • avnutavnut Member Posts: 10
    Selected my Z/71 with full leather, sunroof, running boards, 410's, pinstripes, WOL Tires and Onstar. The dealer's sticker was $39,901 & MSRP $38,501. They had advertised a "plain jane" for $6,500 off MSRP. I told them I wanted this particular AV with the same discount. They allegedly called GM before signing off on it. With the $2002 cash, she went out the door for $29,888. There is no sales tax here in Oregon. Watch the ads and ask for the same deal on the vehicle you really want.
    to it to raise the price to $39,901 from MSRP?
  • johnnycat8johnnycat8 Member Posts: 12
    I need to move i live in sacramento california av's are all over here my dealer john l sullivan in roseville ca has about 150 1500's and 100 2500's in stock i got the red z 71 with all the goodies ecept the sun roof and roof rack seen enought problems on here about them this is my second av the first one was a pewter z 66 but it was lemoned by gm and they replaced it with the z 71 at no add cost i only paid 27,600 for it but took 6 hours of game play the avg price here is about 32,000 for the 2 by and 38,000 to 42,000 for z 71's
  • vermontlanchevermontlanche Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a pewter Z71 Avalanche, loaded with everything. I didn't read all the posts so I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet. The 1st Avalanches off the line were base priced $720 less than they are know. At some point they were raised $220 and then a month or 2 ago raised the other $500. So the idea here is to try to find one on the lot thta has been there a few months and it will be lower priced. Anyway, the MSRP on mine was $38,966. The dealer is willing to take under invoice. I happened to have a GM Supplier discount which gave me $200 under invoice and the dealer gave me $600 of his $700 profit under this program. This was $800 under invoice(the one was on the lot a couple of months so it was $500 less than a one that just came off the truck). Take off $2002 rebate, $2500 GM card rebate, $1500 Driver Edge credit card rebate and I paid $27,000 out of the door. This thuck had Z71, heated leather seats, sunroof, luggage carrier, convenience package, and running boards. I drove 400 miles to pick this up from Vermont to Pennsylvania. See Valley Chevrolet in Wilkes Barre, Pa. Good Luck.
  • jerseygirl2jerseygirl2 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased my dream truck...metallic green Z66, except for On-Star, it is loaded. I did my research and was able to get 3% over dealer invoive with no hassle. Awesome, I can't drive it enough!
  • bullfrog1bullfrog1 Member Posts: 5
    I am intrigued with how everybody states how far below dealer invoice they paid for their new Avalanche. With a GM Supplier discount form you are entitled to 4% above what a GM employee pays. This price amounts to 88.6% of the MSRP or 11.4% off the MSRP. A GM employee can buy the same vehicle for 15.5% off the MSRP. The dealer still makes a profit of about 3%(7% if you use GM Supplier discount form), if you take into account holdback. These prices are spelled out on the invoice form that the dealer uses. Until July, the rebate on an Avalanche is $2500. So on a 40,000 Avalanche, and a GM Supplier form plus the rebate you pay $32940 for a savings of $7060. Add to it GM card savinges etc, you get your best price. Not sure where some of you get these strange prices. I also have never purchased a new vehicle with over 8 miles on the speedometer.
    Used to be gauged by how much you got off MSRP. Now with more information available and buyers being better informed it's "how much below invoice". Not everyone knows about or is qualified for a GM Suppliers discount. And if you have a trade-in it's all moot anyway. Then it all comes down to difference. I paid invoice for a Demo with 3200 miles on it. But I got a good price for my trade. All that really matters is that the buyer is happy with the vehicle and the deal they made.
  • bullfrog1bullfrog1 Member Posts: 5
    In Western PA most trade in vehicles are judged by the local auction numbers. You can still get a good trade in using the GM Supplier program because although they say they use Actual Cash Value they will do most anyting to make a profit. I bought an Avalanche, used the GM Supplier form, and found that there was a $3500 trade in value variation for a 93 Chevy K-Blazer among dealers. Dealers have 18% to play with and they need to sell cars. You can still get 11-13% off the MSRP without any supplier forms.
    In our area some dealers send cars to the auction if they do not create consumer interest over 60 days. Recently a new Avalanche went for 28,000 on the auction block because of the color (burnt orange).
  • drjilldrjill Member Posts: 3
    Where did you buy your Z/71 in Oregon?
    Sounds like you got a great deal!
  • bobropabobropa Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to buy a 2002 Avalanche. Can someone explain how you get the GM supplier discount? Has anyone purchased their Avalanche using the internet. If yes what was your experience? Without any negotiating I have been able to get quotes for $300 over invoice and there is also a $2500 rebate from GM.
  • friendinthebizfriendinthebiz Member Posts: 31
    bobropa - to get the GM supplier discount you just go to the human resources office of your employer and ask for the form. Your company must be a supplier of pieces or processes to GM. Can be applied to factory ordered or out of stock units. You can not sell for one year and you can not contest the arbitrator in a Lemon Law dispute down the road. All regular retail incentives apply and the dealer gets the holdback as the handling fee. Win - Win if you work for a supplier.
  • changstachangsta Member Posts: 1
    I got a brand new 2003 Black Z66 avalanche msrp around 31,000 for 24,446 out the door. What a steal! I had a GM credit card with a 1,000 bonus with the 2,500 rebate. My total rebate was around 8,400!
    paid just over $24. GM Supplier Discount Price - $4,000 rebate -$2019 earnings from GM card. (approx. $1350 courtesy of the General). Couldn't pass it up.
  • joelisjoelis Member Posts: 315
    If there is an auto show in your state, then you are probably looking at a $4500 rebate (500 extra for the show). Add that to the $5000 reduction from MSRP to Invoice on a loaded model, and its a damn sweet deal.

I forgot to mention the 3.9% financing on top of all that too.

(I think I better buy this week).
  • gregdempseygregdempsey Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a new Avalanche before the end
    of April, 2003 when 0% financing for 60/mos is set to expire.
    Does anyone have any credible info on whether 0%
    financing can be used with a Smart Buy contract?
    Dealers say no, GMAC says they have heard of it.
      Also, how does a GM credit card aid in discounted GM vehicle prices.
                        Thanks People
  • friendinthebizfriendinthebiz Member Posts: 31
    Good News - they extended the rates & rebates (at least in the North Central Region)
    Better News - they increased the cash back to $4000 from the previous $3000 (this is in lieu of the 0%)
    Bad News (for Greg Dempsey) 0% is only for real retail purchase contracts, no SmartLeases or SmartBuys. They have their own incentives ie., supported residuals, special money factors (not 0) and CCR, Capitalize Cost Reduction
  • ffmcobaltffmcobalt Member Posts: 20
    With the GM Card, every purchase you make will accumulate earnings that you can save for up to seven years. Depending on which color GM Card you have, you might be able to use all of those earnings or only some. One card (the old card) gives you 5% of your purchases back in point earnings and allows you to spend only a certain amount on vehicles. Another card (one of the new ones) gives you 1% of your purchases back in point earnings and allows you to spend all of your points, no matter how much you have, on the vehicle. I don't remember if it's one or both, but I remember there being a 3,000 point cap on some card. Check out the GM Card website for more info.

http://www.gmcard.com/
    (the original) it was $500 per year for seven years totalling $3500 max. And seems like in the eigth year your first yr dropped off, so it in effect is the last seven years earnings.
  • dmanz66dmanz66 Member Posts: 1
    I have more than the $1000 available for use on the Avalanche on my GM platinum card. I have found out at the dealer that I can not combine the platinum card earnings with the GM employee discount. The dealer would not budge from the employee discount price. I haggled over the phone the the gm card reps to no avail. That $1000 would have closed the deal. Walked away with no Avalanche.
    change they made. They certainly aren't making it more attractive to use the card.
  • adomingoadomingo Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am looking to finally get an AV. Let me know what you paid. I am looking to get a Z71 without the body hardware.

TIA

-A
    are able to get pretty close to Invoice and then pile the rebates on top of that. Shouldn't have any trouble buying for Edmunds "True Market Value".
  • dcrislerdcrisler Member Posts: 118
    Everything except the XM radio for around $32k (sticker was $43), using my GM Supplier discount and the current $4k rebate and an additional $500. for doing the 24hour testdrive... I have been very pleased with the truck so far.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is hoping to interview a recent car-buyer who participated in
    an overnight or 24-hour test drive and then purchased the vehicle.
    Please respond to 248-890-8582, [email protected] or
    [email protected] by 5pm Eastern Wednesday, March 24, 2004.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • gsdavisgsdavis Member Posts: 4
    Wow it has been awhile since anyone bought an Avalanche. I ended up with a 2004 1500 Avalanche for $250 below their invoice. (Their's $30750, Edmunds $30585). Av is Silver Birch Metallic and has Trailering package, Lock. differential, roof rack, WL tires, and had chrome assist step added. Dealer gave me $7500 for my trade (1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 w/ 87000 miles) and $4000 in rebates.
  • julierob1julierob1 Member Posts: 3
    How frequent are the $4000 rebates? We want to buy now but the rebate is only $1500. Should we be patient?
  • shipestershipester Member Posts: 1
    If you are looking to buy a 2004 the current rebate is $3500 plus $1000 if you finance through GMAC, and an additional $500 if in the military. I think the $1500 rebate is currently on 2005 models. Given the state of the economy and rising gas prices, I'm sure dealers will have trouble moving the 2005s as well. That being the case, it's only a matter of time before the rebates on 2005s increase. Though it's impossible to predict when or if the rebate will reach $4000.

If you plan on keeping the truck more than 5 years I would recommend trying to find a 2004 with the options you are looking for. Dealers are eager sell them.
  • julierob1julierob1 Member Posts: 3
    Why did you say 'if' we plan to keep it for 5 years 'then' buy a 2004? Thanks for responding.
  • malsrmalsr Member Posts: 1
    Chevrolet sent several dozen Z71 WBH Avalanches to New Orleans for the 2003 Bass Masters Tournament. After the show they were offered to the public at $10,000 off list price. The trucks were all equipped the same way in the same color. Mileage varied at 200 to 400 miles per truck. List price was over $42,700. My price was then $32,700 plus TT&L. GM would not let me use my GM Gold Card rebate so I save it to use on my 2004 Grand Prix GTP with the COMP package that I bought in 1/04. (Very fast car)
  • funpilotfunpilot Member Posts: 66
    I paid $30,240 for a $39,500 vehicle.......great sale.
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    I need a new truck for my growing business, and one of my requirements is it must have stability control and side airbags for safety. (I currently have an 00 Mercedes ML 320) After an initial search, the Honda Ridgeline and Chevy Avalanche were the only 2 models that met my needs. After further evaluation, I found the Avalanche provided the most flexibility with the folding midgate and lockable tailgate and cover. If the Ridgeline had the folding midgate, it would hands down be the winner from a reliability standpoint, but I figure with the new extended GM warranty, I should be fine.

Any experiences out there anyone wants to share? I'm looking for an LT3 2WD, since there's not much of a price spread between the LS and LT trims. Prices paid, dealer willingness to deal, and OTD pricing BEFORE TTL would be helpful to know. :shades:
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Boy, the Avalanche forums are slow these days. Update on our purchase. Ended up buying an LTZ 2wd, sport red metallic with sunroof. No nav or rear dvd. Sweet ride! The DOD though doesn't seem to kick in very often though. Hopefully after the break-in period it will. Avg mpg so far is around 18 mpg - not bad!
  • gmrules1gmrules1 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone in Eastern Massachusetts with some feedback on outgoing 06 4x4's? Are they dealing yet? My 2003 is starting to N&D me to death so I would like to upgrade to a new one before I hit the 100k miles mark.
  • bowl2276bowl2276 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

Recently got a quote on an 2007 Avalanch LT (sale price $33,321). Asked for figures on a 60 month buy or 36month/12K mile lease with no money down. This is what they gave me, which seems high.

$634 month (includes tax) on lease
    $750 month on 60 month buy.

Is this reasonable, and if not what would be?
  • tmccarrontmccarron Member Posts: 4
    I got a loaded 07 LTZ used with 1700 miles for $35.7k out the door.. it was in service for 2 months then traded back for a different car from the same dealer.... i'm very happy... let me rephrase that; I could not be happier