Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kiltedfoolkiltedfool Member Posts: 18
    In the Philly area for a Dark Red 2003 5 speed GT 5 door with moonroof and ABS, my quoted handshaked price is 14,331 out the door without my downpayment and trade in. Tax and tags were 940, so call it 13,375

Didn't take my trade in along because we weren't really expecting to proceed along lines of a purchase today. Will clean it up tomorrow, check out financing between my bank and Hyundai, drop off the forms, and probably pick up the car on Thursday when my salesman will be back, he's off tomorrow.

Never financed a car before, a little nervous about it.

How'd I do?

KF
    edit: This is at McCafferty in Langhorne, 5 miles from my home
  • soonbaeksoonbaek Member Posts: 17
    Congrats hfunsol!

Awesome deal you got. Could you tell us which options you choose? Did you walk-in with the newspaper ad or through the their website?

I'm researching for a new car and can't get away from Elantra... Especially since buyer like you were able to get it at low price.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your new car!
  • hfunsolhfunsol Member Posts: 3
    Spent 3 sessions visting Maxon.

They honored thier ad price on an alternate vehicle in my color choice with the same sticker price.

I negotiate cars for my family and friends. I quite enjoy it. I've bought/negotiated for about 12 new cars over the last 10 years. Maxon was the most professional and non-pushy dealership I have bought from in all these years.

Like other dealerships, if you are serious, go in with a credit card in your hand and be ready to sign and leave a deposit if you think the deal is right.

I picked up my car tonight.

I negotiated with the dealership (Finance Manager) at delivery on a couple of options.

First, I wanted the woodgrain kit installed. Hyundai parts quoted me $228 for the kit (retail) and the dealer installed it for 2 hours labor for a $350.00 total (orignally wanted $495).

There are two kinds of kits- a stick-on kit and an actual replacement kit- make sure you ask for the replacement kit so as not to have the stick-on ones fall off in 5 years.

I also wanted the Hyundai 10/100000 bumper-to-bumper extended warranty. Orignally the dealer wanted $1200. I told him that an aftermarket warranty was available through 1sourceautowarranty.com for $649 and he came down to $750. I bought it. He told me his cost was $710.

Maxon was an outstanding experience, and they assured me that the "front-end" lost money on the unit, but it helped them make a Hyundai unit quota for a $10000 dealership bonus.

No matter what, I would recommend them and buy from them again.
  • soonbaeksoonbaek Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your info...

I've been looking around and I can't believe how much you paid for your car. If I can't find anyone to beat Maxon price, I'm planning to contact them as they're only ~200 miles away :-)

Could you provide me with the name of the salesperson you dealt with? If you feel comfortable giving your name, I'll pass it along to dealer as well.

My email is trash_this2@hotmail.com

Thanks again
  • statkatstatkat Member Posts: 1
    Posted this under folder called : 2002 Elantra Negotions, but talking 2003 so adding it here. Dealing in Brooklyn NY....Armed with $8000 down payment, dealer offered 2003 Black GT 4-door sedan fully loaded with all standard features plus ABS, traction control and sunroof at $16,800. I love the drive, leather interior and leg room. My kids love the purple-illuminated trip computer. I did my homework on Edmunds and other sites and knew that the TMV for the GT without sunroof and ABS in my region is $15,165. Accessory Group 7 (all standards plus ABS and sunroof) is priced at $1070. Even though the dealer was not far off from the $16,230, I told him I wasn't interested. He then offered $15,221 plus destination, etching and taxes. I asked about the 0.0% financing and he said it was only available on a 24 month loan for the first three months. Again, whipped out my Edmunds print outs and he came back and said he'd do it for entire 24 months. Total price with taxes, destination fees and etching is $17,200 (what a jump from $15,221!). I love this car, but don't want to know I could have tried for a better deal. Any input would be appreciated.
  • gotbgotb Member Posts: 39
    Edmunds' new car info says Hyundai Elantra's standard warranty covers 10year/100,000 power train. However someone wrote on Elantra deals thread that he got 10/100,000 warranty for $750... I'm confused... what was the warranty he paid for $750? 10/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty?
  • dsanok1dsanok1 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a basic (group 1 package) Elantra GLS with floor mats in N. Virginia. The price was great in my opinion. I got it for exactly $12,000! It included everything. All the little extras: sales tax, tags, freight, processing fee, etc. And it was for 0 down and 0% interest for 36 months. So I only have to pay $333.32 a month and it is mine (never a penny more). The staff was great and relaxing! It is nice to see that they are dying to make deals and the possible war is also making them want to sell NOW!
  • pretechpcpretechpc Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchase a 03 Elantra with auto, power package and floor mats, for 10,998 plus 1,785 in fees (tax, gap, dealer prep) for a total of 12,783. Anyone feel like that was a good deal? I do not know how to feel!
  • hnijkamp63hnijkamp63 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 02/18/2003 at Grappone Hyundai Concord NH. Pwr moonroof, Wind Deflector, 4spd. Automatic, ABS, Traction Control, Mud Guards, CA emisson.
    MSRP $16,876
    INV. $15,994
    Purchased for $14,200 (no tax in NH)

Pretty good deal I think.
    I had them put on a Tiburon antenna (black) wich looks way better with the Chianti-Red car.
  • edd9edd9 Member Posts: 2
    2003 Elantra GT, Auto, 4dr, Standard Features, No alarm

Tuttle Click Hyundai, Irvine California

MSRP: 15,500 (Destination charge included)
    Invoice (Edmunds): $14,280
    Rebate: $1,000

Car price after negotiations: $13,250
    Document Preperation Fee: $45
    Tax: $1107.86
    Gap Protection Program (willingly signed up for): $400
    License: $139
    California Tire Fee: $5

Out the Door Total: $14,941

Down Payment: $3,000
    APR: 5.74%

While negotiating the sales manager was trying to tell me that my price was $700 below his invoice. He had me walk up to his computer and he showed me all sorts of figures. According to Edmunds my final price was only $30 below invoice, unless this particular dealership is paying way above average. Who knows.

"""I'm confused... what was the warranty he paid for $750? 10/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty?"""

Yes. The standard warranty is 5yr bumper to bumper. For $900 you can have it upgraded to 10yr btb. After I refused this they kept lowering the price. I think they offered it as low as $500, but I still didn't want it. 5yr's is good enough for me.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    How did you get an Elantra GT without an alarm? I thought that was a standard feature.
  • edd9edd9 Member Posts: 2
    Oh sorry, it has the standard alarm system but I didnt get the upgraded window sensors and all that.
  • ejakabejakab Member Posts: 20
    How much would you pay for:
    2003 Elantra GTS
    Automatic
    Option Package 3
    Mud Guards
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Trunk Cargo Net?

Carsdirect.com quotes it at $13,770, including destination charges and rebates.

Also, if anyone has bought through carsdirect.com, how long did the whole purchase take, from ordering on the website to getting the car?

Thank you very much for your help, guys. I am new on edmunds.com. but this forum is amazing. I learned more in 2 hours of reading the forum, than in 2 days of online research.
  • mrvanmrvan Member Posts: 17
    Well, I'm about to buy my second GT (identical, 'cept this one's auto) through Carsdirect. Here is my take on it:
    They are fast (like 2 days) and fair, but might not always have the absolute best price. Contacting the fleet manager at a dealer yielded a lower price, for the car, but a higher price for the options (like the woodgrain trim, which I very much like). In the end, Carsdirect matched the price and was able to lower the cost on the options.

I have found several dealers who have said "We will match CarsDirect", so it seems like they have set the bar "lower" on car prices -- usually a couple of hundred above invoice. Here's what I got:

GT Hatchback, Auto, Pewter
    mudguards, cargo net, cargo tray
    $14,411 +TTL before $1000 rebate.

(Carsdirect first quoted $14,810 before rebate, but matched the dealer.)

ejakab, I would take the CarsDirect price to your local dealer and see if they will match or beat it. Do this before setting up a CarsDirect request.

Good luck.

-mrvan
  • lrh_2003lrh_2003 Member Posts: 4
    Gee, a novice, can you tell?! Having spent a good amount of time researching, I wish I would have found the message board section sooner! OK - in Chicago area I have been having a very difficult time finding a new GLS manual/tr with package 3 (cruise/keyless entry/ABS& traction). Some dealers actually told me that l'll "never find one", tried to talk me into automatic OR told me I don't need ABS and offered other packages. Finally a good guy from the Shaumburg dealership did a bit more thorough research than 2 other dealers & came up with one he thinks he can get on a trade (manager not in other dealer today so not 100% certain). I put $1,000 down to see if they can get the car (if not I get full amount back, of course). From Edmonds TMV I thought I did pretty well, but it seems some of the above deals are lower. Total w/freight & dest etc.= 12,998 (optimal TMV is 13,101), then minus $1,000 incentive =11,998. Add in taxes/license fee adds approx. another 1,180 for a grand total of 13,178. I might add another 500-1000 to my current 1,000 down, (so financing 11,178-11,678 through my credit union at 3.99/60 mths). Does this sound reasonable?? Also - since technically the 1,000 back rebate ends TODAY (and car isn't there, thus not delivered!) they told me I'll at least get 1,000 back but if the upcoming incentive improves I'd get that one instead. But I read on the boards that "Hyundai does incentives every couple of months"...does that mean there may be NO incentives offered for awhile? (I can wait, but not sure what kind of "deal" I am locked into - have signed nothing but the 1,000 credit card receipt. I'd be most gratefull to anyone with advice/thoughts on al this (and sorry for lengthy post... although generally a pretty confident person I do try to watch my finances closely (finishing up PhD and have raised 2 kids by self for 11 years - hasn't made me an heiress) but this new-to-me experience is daunting! I hate feeling like such a girl here. Thanks!
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    Don't worry about the $1000 rebate not being continued- according to carsdirect the $1000 rebate is continued on all elantra models until 3/31. Also your quoted price sounds very fair considering that it is a model with ABS/5-speed (which is in short supply), and is below TMV. Don't feel like a girl, b/c trying to get answers/advice to your questions is what Town Hall is all about. Good Luck!
    If you are still browsing this forum, I would like to ask you a few questions, and congratulate you on your GT purchase.

1) Was your price of $13,375, including the 1000 rebate or was there one at that time? If it was, it is still a great price for a car with style and features. In May 2002, I was helping a friend look at a GT at McCafferty (Auto, sunroof, no abs) for $14,900. At the time I thought that was a fair price (about 150 over invoice, but it seemed too easy to negotiate on that price (Maybe now I can see why, considering the deal you got). As it turned out he ended up getting a used 99 Maxima.

2) Also, who was the salesman you dealt with? ( the one we dealt with was very friendly and easy going, but can't remember his name right now)

3) Did you shop anywhere else , and if so what was your experience compared to McCafferty? We went to a couple others but none were very helpful. Advice to anyone in the Philly area, DON'T GO TO NORTHEAST AUTO OUTLET!!! I live right across the street from them( no kidding) and decided that since they were so pompous, the 10-15 mile drive to McCafferty was worth it, and they couldn't beat the price or the interest rate. By the way the same car we test drove (pewter) was still there a month after we were there. LOL!!!!

I am asking this info because I am thinking about a GT sedan or hatchback sometime after I get out of school in May( hence my username), and would like a contact to make the process smoother. It would be great if it was the same guy we dealt with. Thanks!!!
  • npkbnpkb Member Posts: 25
    Last night I bought a 2003 Elantra GLS AT with package 2 (cruise+keyless+alarm) for $12,250 including tax/doc+other fees with freebies like mud guards($60), mats($50) and appearance/rust protection package($750). Thats about $2K below invoice + $850 in freebies. Also got financing at 4.9% for 48 months.

GLS with AT -----$10,600 (MSRP $13,350)
    Package 2 ----------$ 400
    Freight ----------------$ 500
    Taxes -----------------$ 750
    -------------------------------------
    Total -----------------$12,250

I think I got a good deal. What do u guys think?

I like it so far and I'm pretty impressed with Hyundai's quality. I don't see any difference between this and a Civic LX, which would've costed me $14.5K+taxes (~$15.5K). I paid 3 grand less and got a much better warranty!
  • kiltedfoolkiltedfool Member Posts: 18
    Not certain it's ok with the hosts, but my salesman was a young guy named Ken Minch. He was somewhat able to hide behind his youth as a lack of authority and just be the good cop go between between me and the sales manager in the office. Very low pressure.

I did receive a rebate which took me to my final price. Northeast I dealt with briefly on the phone, I was also warned by Ken that they have a rep for low initial "agreed" price and then layer on fees. Of course, all dealers have that to a degree.

I got a good price, they got a little back by chiselling me on my trade-in value, but I'm happy with my purchase. The little blonde from F&I started out aggressive and adding in etching and such to the final price without my agreement (adding over $50 to my potential payment), and nearly scuttled the deal on the spot. I told my salesman to put the piranha on a leash or it'd impact my survey at a minimum. She quit trying to sneak adders and mop 'n glo in, and I bought the car. I think she gets a bonus based on participation in the etching program, since she knocked a point off my rate to get the etching included.

If you have better credit than I did, try to go in already financed, you'll have more leverage than I did, I'm refinancing in a year.

As far as other dealers, I researched through edmunds and called internet people for Maxon and 1 or 2 others. Most had competitive base prices but multiple adders. The dealer in Doylestown is alliled with McCafferty so I didn't bother going out of my way, I was comfortable with my salesman.

Also note that my GT is a manual, which drops the price and can sometimes make them more motivated to deal, though the GT is more often sold with a manual than GLS for "sport".

KF
  • lrh_2003lrh_2003 Member Posts: 4
    To imp180psu, thanks for your reassurnace re:fair price. I got a call today from the dealer saying he could indeed get the car I wanted. The rebate actually improved, so I get 1500 off instead of the 1000 I would have gotten if delivered last week.

To all: something I am confused about that may be specific to location (I'm in Chicago area)...are you taxed on your rebates?? Online calculaters, (Edmunds, etc.) figure taxes BEFORE subtracting rebates, yet my dealer is including this amount into figuring sales tax. So he mentioned with a 1500 rebate now my taxes will increase a little. I questioned this, stating my research suggests that rebates come off after, but he said he "wasn't sure if it was IL specific or something but that's what they did". Anybody have any knowledge of this practice differing by location? Is this accurate info?
    Thanks a bunch. I am excited to be getting my new GLS but am trying to avoid "buyers remorse!" -LH
  • mjchmjch Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm new to the town hall. I just bought my first Hyundai ElantraGT 4dr 5sp with a moonroof and will take deliverary on Tues. My purchase price was $13051 plus TT&R less $1500 rebate for a total after everything of $14265. This was a big step for me as I've never driven anything other than GM vehicles, but they could not touch the features available for any where near this price. So far, dealer experience has been good. This was the only 5sp 4dr available in NY. Will post again after I've has some experience with the car. Wish me luck!!!
  • mratliffmratliff Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys! I'm considering buying an Elantra GT 5 speed soon, but I have a question. I have spoke to several dealers around my area, and one in particular says that they will sell an Elantra GT to me $100 over invoice. My question to you guys is this a good thing? This will be my very first time buying a brand new car, so I'm a little new at this.
  • mjchmjch Member Posts: 2
    MRatliff,

That's pretty much the same deal I got ($100 over dealer invoice) and the rebate pretty much took care of the taxes. It felt like a pretty good deal to me. Are you looking at the 4 dr or the hatchback? We could only find one 4 dr 5 sp in all of NYS. Hatches were much more available.
    That's $100 over invoice before the rebate, right? And including all fees except tax and license, right? Then that seems like a fair deal to me. You could try to get them down a little more, because they may have the holdback to work with plus there are other incentives that come into play (especially near the end of the month). Also, 5-speeds are less desirable to the general public than automatics. But IMO anything that close to invoice is a good deal.
    What dealer was it? I live in Northern Virginia too.
  • omasterqomasterq Member Posts: 6
    2003 GTS base model with no trade-in and pay in full. $11,000 after the $1,500 rebate + tax + destination charge. will negoitate to dealth about not paying the dealer processing fee. should i go for it?
  • pont41pont41 Member Posts: 4
    $11000 for a 4 door GT ? What are you waiting for? Sounds great! Nearly unbelievable. Are you pulling my leg?
  • tictac2tictac2 Member Posts: 12
    I am new to the discussions and want to say thanks to the hosts and all who have posted for the wealth of info available here. I have been looking at a new 2003 Elantra GT hatchback and doing a lot of research here on Edmunds especially the last couple of days (stuck at home in a blizzard in Colorado). Have decided on Chianti, auto., w/ABS and am just trying to decide on what price I would like to find, and I noticed today that all the prices offered here on Edmunds have increased including invoice (about $300 over yesterday). Does this happen often and what causes it? Thanks again for helping me make the decision over the Protege.
    We must now face the inevitable repercussions of the positive press and improving reliability of the Elantra: Hyundai just raised the MSRP by $300 on the GT models and $400 on the GLS models. That's why you saw the price go up at Edmunds.com. And no, it doesn't happen very often. This is the first price increase on the current-gen GLS since it debuted in September 2000. The GT price went up $150 (I think) this fall for the '03 model year. Interesting gambit for Hyundai; we'll see how it works out.
    I live in Connecticut, and I want to buy a base 2003 Elantra GT Automatic hatchback. The dealer asks for $13500+sales tax (after cashback). Is this an acceptable price for THIS area, what do you think?

The only difference between this and Edmunds.com or CR is a $400 advertising fee (which is on Hyundai's invoice) and a $300 dealer conveyance fee.
    Recently hyundai increased prices of all elantra's $300, so the MSRP/invoice for a base GT auto is $15,774 /$14,555 (TMV is $14,845)without rebate($1500). If the car has an MSRP that is about 15,444 then it is a car that was on the lot before the price increase. Even if it is a GT w/price increase, I think it is not a good deal because it is a little over TMV with rebates. Depending on availability, try to get a price of about 13-13.3K which is at invoice or slightly above. If it has an MSRP of 15,444, deduct $300 from the above numbers. You can negotiate the ad fee or tell them you aren't going to pay it, and unless you are getting the car from a distant dealer, you shouldn't have to pay for the conveyance fee. If you get those fees taken off or a part of it anyway, your deal would indeed be a good one. Good luck!
  • uturn2whouturn2who Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an automatic 2003 Elantra w/ package 2 (keyless entry, cruise control) for $12,000 including T + T + L. I had noticed that same models just coming in were increased by $400. The dealer only had 2 of the "older" models left and that was fine with me.
    I actually felt good about the price I was getting, thanks to your comments from the previous couple of pages. :-)
    I actually got a better deal from an internet quote I received from this site versus going to a dealership in person.
    Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

The advertising fee is on their invoice (I've seen it) so I guess it's a regional fee. The dealer insists on the conveyance fee, because he knows I don't have a car and it's difficult for me to go elsewhere. I would be paying like invoice+3% for this car, and I just want to know if it's worth even with the extra $500. I forgot to tell you that I don't do any financing through the dealer, and that the car was manufactured in February.

2 more things:
    - How much is a Hyundai 10/100,000 extended warranty worth?
    - Has anybody heard about the Warrantech Repair Master Wrap extended warranty? How much is that worth?

I am thinking of getting an extended warranty at invoice price, at least, if I pay more for the car.
    no problem, just trying to help. It sucks that you don't have the ability to search other dealers, because I think that dealer is taking advantage of your situation with the conveyance fee. Otherwise, 3% over invoice is a fair deal for everyone involved, and enjoy your new GT; I hope to be looking for one after I get out of school and have a job for a few months.

About the warranties, I don't have specific answers, but you might trying using the search feature on this page to search by keywords like "warranty" etc.
  • jhershauerjhershauer Member Posts: 3
    I just bought an Elantra GT sedan this weekend, and I decided to get the Hyundai 10/100,000 extended warranty. The finance person told me it would be $13xx.00 (I can't remember the exact cost).

I told him I was interested, but was going to pass because I wasn't willing to pay more than $800 for the warranty. At the 4.9% rate we had agreed upon (.5% below my credit union) that would come to $15/month for the 5 year loan I was taking.

He said they were authorized to offer lower financing terms on the vehicle in order to sell the warranty at their designated price, so I ended up paying the $1300+ price on the warranty, but got the car/warranty financed at 3.8%, which resulted in the same additional $15/month for the warranty that I was looking for.

I'm sure there are people out there that could talk them into an even better deal, but they met the price I expected to pay, so I was happy.
  • renfrow1renfrow1 Member Posts: 7
    Well I think I got a great deal for the car I got...I got everything this car can have added to it, including the wood-grain trim, and the mesh front grill (it looks great!!!) Oh well, I didn't get the roof rack, I opted for the tinted wind deflect shield that goes in front of the moonroof...

The sticker on my car was $16,945.00, and I ended up getting not only a $2,000.00 rebate from the dealership, but seeing as my credit was really good, they waived the t&l fees, and gave me another couple of discounts...After it was all said and done and the i's and t's were dotted and crossed, I walked out that night paying exactly $14,000.00 out of pocket to the penny...My trade in was a 1994 Hyundai Excel hatchback 5 speed...They gave me $1,000.00 for my trade (which was also in near mint condition, I'd bought it new and had it since)...

Aside from wishing I'd never given them my Excel, I think I got a good deal...Puente Hills Hyundai in So. California has some really good people working for them, friendly, and knowledgable about their cars :)

DAN
  • dbidermandbiderman Member Posts: 5
    I was just quoted $10,999 plus tax/tag/freight for
    an Elantra GLS w/ the option 3 package (over the phone after I contacted via e-mail). Its the last day of the month and the $1500 rebate expires today - if I visit the dealer I assume I can shave another $300-500 off the price. What do y'all think?

I'm driving a 92 Honda Accord w/ 137,000 miles. How much of a quality drop off am I going to have going from an Accord to an Elantra?

You guys rock.

DB
  • renfrow1renfrow1 Member Posts: 7
    I'd say go for it...Theres not much difference in comfort and quality of the car when comparing the Elantra and Accord...Especially an older Accord with a new car no matter what the make is...Live, be a risk-taker, get the new Elantra!!!

I always tell people, you'll never get all of the options Hyundai offers in their cars in any other car-maker's product...Almost everything extra on Hondas now is an additional cost to the buyer, everything is optional when buying new...

Go with Hyundai!!!

DAN
  • dbidermandbiderman Member Posts: 5
    I bought an Elantra GLS (option 3 package) for $11,200 plus taxes/tags. I almost walked when they tried to tack on the $289 processing fee at the end but the manager gave in. Good dealership, at least the day I was there. How'd I do?

Dan - thanks for the encouraging words. I assume you sell Hyundais for a living....

I live in the status conscious DC area and when I tell people I bought a Hyundai I have a feeling they will look at me like I'm a martian or something. I guess that's something I have to deal with.
    Congrats on your new Elantra! Did you get a 5-speed in D.C.? Then you are a better shifter than I am. I am vacationing with my family this week in D.C. and northern Virginia, and after my experience in Georgetown tonight you couldn't pay me to drive a 5-speed in that traffic every day! But maybe one gets used to it.

Re the status thing... yes, there might be some "he's from Mars" looks, but you might also get some raised eyebrows when you explain what a great deal you got for all that car.
  • hi1234hi1234 Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a 2003 GT 5-Door with option 7 in the NYC area. What's a good price? Any suggestion for a dealership?
  • rks100rks100 Member Posts: 6
    In message # 344, uturn2who writes "I just purchased an automatic 2003 Elantra w/ package 2 (keyless entry, cruise control) for $12,000 including T + T + L. "

uturn2who, do you mind sharing the name/phone of the dealer. That seems like a very good price. Anyone getting similar good deals in NY/NJ area? The carsdirect quote for the above car is $11800 before T+T+L.
    In continuation of my previous post, I received a quote of $12800 (including T+T+L) for tha base model with automatic transmission. Is this a reasonable price?
  • kaz6kaz6 Member Posts: 331
    Does that include the $1500 rebate?
    yes, the $12800 base Elantra price with an automatic transmission includes the $1500 rebate. This is almost $800 more than what uturn2who (message #344) paid. He paid $12000 with package 2. The price has gone up $400 but he also got an extra option (package 2) worth $400. My delaer is located in central NJ. Have Elantras simply become pricier with increasing demand or am I getting a higher quote?
  • hi1234hi1234 Member Posts: 2
    Who and where is the dealer?
  • kaz6kaz6 Member Posts: 331
    Check with carsdirect.com-their price is what my Mom got. Elantra w/auto. for $11800! Of course, this was in Las Vegas. Maybe East Coast prices are higher? I might be moving out East this Fall and am considering getting the GT w/pkg. 7 and 5spd. It'll be great for hauling all of my stuff!
  • dsanok1dsanok1 Member Posts: 2
    The dealership is in Alexandria, VA. When I picked it up they had a problem with my purchase so I got upgraded to package #2 on the 2003 Elantra GS. I got the keyless remote, alarm, cruise, and the extra thing in the truck for only $90 more. That made the total price 12,090. I could have saved a bit more if I took the $1500 rebate and finaced it instead of taking the 0%, but I couldn't be bothered with that.
    what dealer is it?
    thanks for your reply!