Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• burgh1960burgh1960 Member Posts: 1
    I got a Titanium Gray Limited w Black leather interior. Auto Dimming Mirrors,Bumper Applique,Carpeted Floor Mats,First Aid Kit,Mud Guards, Cargo net. Out the door $21,500. 2-10-13
  • ttb217ttb217 Member Posts: 1
    burgh1960, may i ask what state this was in? before I read your post, I've been trying to negotiate starting at 20k OTD, but ive been been accused of low-balling.
  • bdriessebdriesse Member Posts: 1
    MSRP $24,295 (incl. destination)

First I got an "ePrice" quote of $20,518 which included $1,250 in retail incentives (finance bonus and competitive coupon) and dealer discount of $2,527. Once I went to dealership they tried adding $299 for etching, but I got them to take it off. Add TTL & doc fee... I was out-the-door at a little over $23k.
  • badeacon1badeacon1 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought 2013 Elantra Limited with Tech and some other addons-auto dimming, mud flaps, mats, etc with Msrp 24,450. I had trade in of 2000 Acura TL.. They made initial offer of 22,645 plus tax, tags and other fees and only offered 1400 for trade in which would have been 24,650 I would have to pay. I countered with $22000 for car which included all other fees and tax and registration and $2000 for trade in which was $20000 for me to pay. They countered and I accepted with offer of me paying $20800 after trade in. I told them I was only interested in final OTD price I had to pay and could do whatever they wanted to with price of vehicle and trade in to get to this.
  • therockettherocket Member Posts: 11
    hey I got a internet quote from a dealership for a 2013 elantra GLS with preferred package for $17,500 OTD. Personally I think it's a very good deal, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    what was the price before TTT??
    they didn't say... all they gave me was a OTD price. is this a good deal?
    edited April 2013
    got an OTD price from another dealer for 17,600 for a GLS with preferred package. I feel like there is still some wiggle room. what you guys think? I'm in Georgia.
    what was the price before TTT??
    i didn't ask... just went for the OTD. why do you keep asking this?
  • drvolvo24drvolvo24 Member Posts: 1
    Out the door doesn't help people compare the actual cost of the car. You live in Georgia. The sales tax & registration fees alone vary from state to state.

Also, someone above spoke of an out the door price that included a trade-in. This further dilutes the actual price of the car and the deal the person got. How much was the trade in worth? You could trade in a car for $1000 or for $5000 or more.

If you want to be helpful, break apart the cost of the car so people can compare apples to apples. Otherwise you aren't being helpful.
    got you. I was trying to provide some useful info but unfortunately I don't know the price before tax and title and I didn't ask either. But then again, new car tax rate is at 6.5% in Georgia and title and registration costs around 270 according to Edmunds.com. So with a 17,500 OTD price, it would put the tag price of the car at roughly 16,200.

nonetheless, do you think 17,500 OTD is a good deal?
    I agree,although people are trying to be helpful about what they paid for the vehicle the best way to do this is to provide the final negotiated price for the car before any fee's and TTT simply because sales tax and the fee's vary from state to state...
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    It also helps to provide the MSRP including destination charge any any options, and also what rebates/discounts were included, as some of those don't apply to everyone e.g. student, loyalty, competitive, financing, and military rebates.
    guys, I got what you mean, and please see my last post for an estimated price before tax and tags. In all my posts I asked if i got a good price from the dealers but so far no one has said anything yet
  • honk10honk10 Member Posts: 1
    Based on Costco pricing I got a quote for an Elantra GT Automatic with style and technology packages including destination and advertising charges for 23,671. Dealor documentation fee is $99. The incentives would be seperate ($1250).

Based on research on Consumer Reports it looks like this quote gives me most of the dealers hold back.

Do you think I should pull the trigger over the Patriots Day weekend? Hoping they might offer sweeteners like free oil changes or inspection stickers. Or should I wait until the end of the month?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    edited April 2013
    Seems like an excellent price from what I can see. But honestly, does it really matter now? It's yours and what will you do if you find out that it wasn't the best price you could have gotten? Enjoy your beautiful new vehicle and forget about it! But from my research here in South Florida, ya did real good at $16,200 for a GLS with Preferred Package. What color combo is it? The charcol is my favorite but the sand color is also a beauty. Whatever, you bought a stellar vehicle which will give years of great miles. Enjoy your new toy and get on with your life!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

this is a great price considering that i paid $18,100.00 for a 2013 elantra gls with the preffered package last summer..
  • bigtoestepperbigtoestepper Member Posts: 1
    limited otd 21900 at i.e. hyundai in loma linda, Ca

This was before TTT and 1250.00 in incentives
    Its not the greatest price but the y got mein sales. You ( future buyer s) must negotiate before signing anything. I had a clear misunderstanding because we negotiated at 21 150 (shook hands on it which is null) and I thought it was the selling price. They said (sales manager) it was after the rebates which put me at $20,650, which I think is a crock of shnitz, ehh they got me. I love the car but I'm neva eva gonna buy a car from them again. The rebates are not part of the negotiated price. Its an incentive for the buyer to step onto the showroom floor. Anywho, in Ca there isn't a cooling off period. I have no buyer's remorse, i love the car..i guess its dealership remorse ; )

80.00 doc fee i said no (17 times) i kid you not regarding the extended warranty.

Floor mats,auto dimming mirror,cargo mat,first aid kit, wheel locks ( no spare tire = lame)
    haha, thanks. that's just the quote i got from a dealer, i haven't actually bought the car yet. Hopefully when i step into the dealership there won't be any hidden traps. my favorite color combo is black exterior with gray interior
    Black is a bit intense down here in South Florida but many do buy that combo! Saw a charcoal one with a spoiler at the dealer yesterday which looked really sharp but have decided that if I do go Hyundai, it's gonna be a Tuscon which seems to be an Elantra that just sits a few inches higher. Tried a Nissan Rogue a couple weeks ago and it was great so hoping the Tuscon will top it...a co-worker has a Tuscon and just loves it. It would be perfect for me and would fit on my side of the garage perfectly. Price wise it's in that sweet spot that I'm willing to spend and truth be told, even though I'd love a C Class or 3 Series, they are just not practical in my case. A vehicle like the Tuscon is perfect and it really is an Elantra underneath I'm assuming.

From what I can tell, a refresh is due in year 4, which would be 2015. Should be interesting to see what Hyundai comes up with.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I bought Limited with tech package, floor mats, auto dimming and first aid which had cost of car $23685 with $775 freight for total MSRP $24,460 dealer had added mud guards, door edge guards and nitrogen inflation for final total price $25,159.95.

I paid cost of car $23.340.00 then minus $1750 rebates for $21,590 plus TTL. this is in Georgia and according to Edmunds this price before rebates was less than invoice so feel received good deal. They also gave me $2800 on a 2000 TL trade in which was $500 more than any other trade in offer I received.
    wow, $1750 rebates? how did that happen? Also, would you mind telling me which dealer you went with? I'm in Georgia too. Thanks!
    It was Rick Case in Roswell. The rebates were competitive maker and using Hyundai finance.
  • john_doe_wnyjohn_doe_wny Member Posts: 28
    Hi, I have a question about the customer choice alternate rebate ($1500) with the special apr that needs to go threw Hyundai financing. Why offer both when they offer the special apr alone that is even lower? Both have to go threw Hyundai so why not just offer a low rate that would come out about the same as a rebate with a higher apr? Thanks
  • akola1akola1 Member Posts: 1
    Went to the dealer and told i got quote from another dealer with 1500 below invoice price. After few back and forth they offered me elantra gls automatic with preferred pkg (wheel locks, carpeted, etc) for 16550 includes 1500 cash back from hyundai (1250) below invoice. so my total including taxes and everything came out to be 18050.
    great deal. which state you bought the car in?
    Just bought a 2013 shimmering silver/black int. Elantra Coupe a/t with mud flaps, cargo tray, carpeted floor mats and first aid kit for $18706 before any taxes, title, ect. I went with a lower interest rate instead of the rebate/interest rate offered by Hyundai. I'm in New York State.
  • selectcarsselectcars Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I want to thank you all Edmunds members who shared their purchase information since it helped me alot. Got the 2013 Elantra GLS automatic w/preferred package 2 weeks ago with all possible incentives + cash back for $16,000 OTD.
    At dealer today and sat in a sedan with a sticker of $22.4k before anything else added on. Comfortable vehicle especially with the power drivers seat. Not ready to pull the trigger yet but a very nice vehicle though a bit pricey.

Maybe look at a Elantra gls instead...still a nice car with a lot to offer and a lot less money.
    Due to pretty bad spinal issues, a power seat is going to be a must on my next vehicle. And the GLS doesn't have that option from what I've seen.

• xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    Hey all,

Just got this quote and am wondering what you think. something doesn't check out with the numbers and i can't figure it out.

sell 20398
    doc fee 80
    lic 132
    tire fee 8.75
    tax 1638.24
    total price 22369.99
    rebate 400
    rebate 0% financing
    amt financed 21969.99
    pmt 366.17

looking to get this thing today.
    thanks in advance.
    wow, this is the all time lowest price I saw on a gls w/ preferred package. can you elaborate more on what exact incentives and cash backs you got? and where did you purchase the car?
  • melusa1melusa1 Member Posts: 7
    I started by contacting Brandon Florida Hyundai this past Friday night on my way home from work, I was driving so I didn’t write down the “Internet Manager” name I spoke with at 1800 hours, he promised a callback with numbers on an Elantra base within 15-30 minutes, guess what no callback so I start on Saturday morning by contacting the GM Dan Norris who runs a TV ad saying if your experience was not good contact me on the store web site and tell me, “I will fix it.’ I sent the email and 3 minutes later I get a callback from Earl an Internet manager saying how sorry he was about how I was treated, what can he do to help me, I explain again what I am looking for my son, the Elantra base no bells & whistles. I explain I would see him between 1400-1500 hours that afternoon as we had other plans for the morning. Another 10 minutes later I get a call from “Anthony” who claims he is calling on Mr. Norris behalf and he wants to fix the error from Friday night, so I have to explain to him once again what I am looking for and I explain to him when I would be there, but I also explain to him I had already spoken with Earl but “Anthony” says he is calling directly because Mr. Norris asked to act on his behalf. I ask “Anthony” to get with Earl and sort out who is going to work with me and he says he will but it will be him because Mr. Norris specifically asked him to call me. I say that is good, I told “Anthony” where I needed to be on lease payment and purchase payment the first time we spoke and details of the car we were looking at for our son, “Anthony” says we can get there on either payment easy. I explain to “Anthony” that we are turning in my sons 2010 Mazda 6 lease with 5000 miles on it when we purchased 36000 miles on the lease, “Anthony” says we can use that as a trade in since the miles are so exceptionally low, they will pay us several thousand dollars above our lease turn in numbers for a exceptionally low mileage vehicle like that, guess what another LIE. Anthony” calls me back 12 times before I arrive at the dealership and lo and behold “Anthony” is not his real name, it is Amir and guess what he had never spoken to Earl who is whom we meet when we get to the showroom. “Amir” also LIED to me numerous times on the phone saying Mr. Norris was waiting for me to personally apologize to us, guess what another LIE Mr. Norris had been gone for over an hour for the day already. “ Amir” comes and tosses some keys at Earl and then sulks in the background like a baby who lost his favorite toy when we depart for the test drive with Earl, needless to say they never spoke about who was going to work with me as I had asked numerous times. I had asked both Earl and Amir on the phone who I had spoken to the previous evening and when I got there they claimed they couldn’t track the phone call, but somehow they had no problem making a combined 17 calls to me at the same number. Then please let me get to the numbers and how messed up they were, as previously stated I had given them both ballpark numbers we needed to be at, they both claim on the phone , “We won’t lose a Repeat Hyundai buyer deal on numbers”, guess what another LIE, they lost the deal on NUMBERS, HONESTY and STUPIDITY. Their lease numbers were over a $100 dollars a month above both Chevy & Mazda and their purchase numbers were over $50 a month above both as well. Mr. Norris FIX the people who represent you to the public, “Amir should be terminated immediately for all the LIES he told us starting with his name, tell me your real name not an American name you make up, Please”. Earl shouldn’t promise things on the phone he can’t deliver in person when you show up ready to do business
  • xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    update:

sell price went down to 19398.
    Punctuation is a beautiful thing. Your post is hard to read sir, in the future, use proper punctuation so it can be read easier. Sorry you had a bad experience but you ended up with an o k car at a great price so all ended well. I've found that purchasing a vehicle ain't much fun unless both sides communicate...in your case, the Hyundai store dropped the ball while being a bit dishonest so y'all did the right thing and left. Why reward bad service with a sale?

• melusa1melusa1 Member Posts: 7
    I had done prior phone prep and email prep and Bottom Line Upfront they couldn't deliver what they promised in person.
  • soxthedogsoxthedog Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm looking at a Hyundai Elantra GLS (manual) in Illinois with a MSRP of 18145 and invoice of 17596.

Starting point from the dealer was:
    msrp: $18145
    sell $16832
    dest $795
    taxable price = $17627
    hyundai financing rebate -1500
    financed price (excluding TTT) $16127

In playing with some data on the web I'm thinking that this isn't really a great price and I was going to counter them with this:

msrp: $18145
    sell: $15700
    dest: $795
    taxable price = $16495
    rebate -1500
    financed price (exc TTT) $14995

Have we seen them go that far below invoice before? Do we know how much the holdback is on the car?

Thanks in advance!
  • selectcarsselectcars Member Posts: 2
    I took advantage of the following incentives/cashback, in NC:

Hyundai Financing = $750
    Competitor Vehicle = $750
    Recent Graduate = $400
    Motozuma Down Pyt Match = $500
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    We don't have competitor vehicle here in Colorado on the Elantra, but we do have it on the Sonata hybrid. We get $1500 for Hyundai financing. Good deal for you.
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    Just curious, what is an American name? Is there a list of these names?
    So close to a deal on the Elantra limited sedan with leather for $16,500 including my trade-in of $1000. Essentially this car is discounted $5500 with a MSRP of $22475, so not too shabby.
    were there any rebates involved to get this really low price???...I paid $18,100.00 last year for a 2013 elantra gls with the preffered package and a few other goodies.your deal smokes my deal...
  • soxthedogsoxthedog Member Posts: 2
    That could be a bad trade in price to make up for the steep discount on the elantra price.
    edited May 2013
    I think the deal was great. We traded in a 1997 Toyota Camry with 170,000 miles in fair condition and bought the silver Elantra Limited with black leather. The car has the normal "limited" equipment including moonroof and fancy wheels but no navigation.

The MSRP was actually $22,390 because there were a couple of small items included on the marone sticker. The price of the car before the trade-in stood at $17,006. These numbers included a $1500 financing rebate from Hyundai.

Details: MSRP $22,390
    Discount -3,884
    Rebate -1,500
    Sale Price 17,006

This price does not include dealer handling of $499 or tax and license fees. We were pleased with the deal since we got $5,384 off including the rebate. Then we got the $1,000 for our trade to make the final price $16,006.

We love Toyota's and Honda's but they both were in the $20,000 range for a comparable car with leather--Corolla and Civic. Hopefully the Elantra will perform to our expectations. :D:D
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Looks like you got a great deal, even with the $499 dealer "fee" which brings your effective price before trade and T&L to $17.5k. The KBB trade-in value in my area for a Camry LE 2.2L with no options and 170k miles in "good" condition is $1200, so looks like you got a good deal on your trade also if it was only in "fair" condition per KBB's yardstick.
  • danyc1danyc1 Member Posts: 11
    Was just quoted $0 upfront payment inclusive of all taxes (6.35% CT state tax) and fees and $286/month for 3 yr/36k miles for the Limited.

MSRP: 22,210
    Selling price: 20,700
    Net cap cost (incl taxes/fees): 21,700
    MF: 0.00153
    Residual Value: 63%

I received 3 other quotes, and after pushing back, this was still the best ($293 was next best with all fees/taxes capitalized).

Feel like its a fair deal, but any other thoughts/data points welcome before I pull the trigger. I was not eligible for any incentives.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    My only comment is that the current money factor on a camry is .00001, although I realize it's a totally different car. Although the 4 cylinders get about the same gas mileage in both. Plus I thionk there's some rebates with the camry. Any way, I suspect you could get a much more loaded camry for the same payment and out of pocket. My lease is up in a few months and i too am debating between the camry/accord size cars, and the compact elantra/mazda3/civic cars. Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    If you're willing to drive a couple hours, check with Towne Hyundai in Denville, NJ. It's 100 miles from Trumbull, CT. Back in '07 we saved $5400 (from list price) buying from them. Pretty good for a 200 mile round trip.