Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Pohanka has a good reputation in the DC area. You might also try Criswell and Sport Honda. They are also good. Avoid College Park and Ourisman Honda unless you enjoy deception.
    What is lemon law for $80? You have to pay $80 for the dealer to comply with the law? This appears to be a new dealer trick. For this dealer, $549 additional profit is not enough! Wonder what else this dealer is up too?
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    That's a great price. I am in the market for the same van. Would you please pm who you dealt with at Sport.
  • sktxsktx Member Posts: 6
    Hi there .... can you let me know if your final price that you posted (Sales price: $34,302) included the destination charge $830 ??
  • rosalita829rosalita829 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased EXL yesterday at college park, md. I started with 27798 + 499 appearance + dest + ttl. I am disappointed, because they added and an additional 500 and claimed I needed to pay that to get manufacturer's incentive. It didn't smell right, and I should have gone back to sport honda in silver spring, but they were stingy on the trade.
  • rollins217rollins217 Member Posts: 10
    I dealt with Ginny Marshall at Sport.
  • rollins217rollins217 Member Posts: 10
    Did you have Carmax appraise you trade before you went to the dealer? I did, and Sport matched it after I showed the Carmax offer. Their initial offer for the trade was 1000$ less.
    I tried calling her but she seems to forgotten about this deal. Oh well, I am going to Pohanka since they now have a polished metallic metal in stock and is willing to beat the deal you got at Sport.
    Pohanka came through for me on a Polished Metal Metallic EX-L for 29,500 OTD. This price includes the $750 rebate for financing through Honda. They ended up matching Carmax's offer on the trade in.
    They asked me what price they needed to beat to seal the deal. I mentioned the deal 29,700 OTD deal from Sport Honda as mentioned here and they came back with 29,500.
    With the $750 rebate, the price of the Van without TTL is around 28,300. This includes destination.
    Thanks everyone for their help.
  • bigguy91bigguy91 Member Posts: 6
    Negotiated pricing on '13 Odyssey EXL with RES for $31K and '13 Odyssey Touring for $35K in Dallas the past few weeks. Decided to go with Touring as my wife wanted the Navigation built in. Both prices include the $750 flex cash discount from Honda Finance (0.9%). Dealer is also including a number of accessories at no charge in with my price: Tint, Paint/Fabric Protection, Hand painted pinstripes, Door Edge Guard, Body Side Molding, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Nose Mask and Plash Guards.

I would strongly recommend Weather Tech Floor Liners as we had this on our last Odyssey: link title

Lastly, there are a number of sites that allow you to purchase HondaCare extended warranty. 8 year/120K mile with no deductible for less than $1,500, great investment and piece of mind if you plan on keeping the van.
  • swissgreekswissgreek Member Posts: 1
    Do you mind sharing which dealership you received this quote from? Or the town at least? Thank you so much for your help.
    Rusty Wallis, John Eagle Honda, Lute Riley all quoted me similar prices--all Dallas area dealers. I did not have a very good experience with David McDavid Honda in Frisco, they were somewhat arrogant and weren't as competitive on price as they made themselves sound. Two other dealers: Freeman Honda and Honda Cars of McKinney pricing were too high and they openly admitted that was the best they could do. I had the best experience from John Eagle Honda so far in Dallas.
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    Does the vehicle from Rust Wallace Honda come with an extended warranty from Rusty's US Fidelis?
    Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas. Honda Care is extra. Do an internet search and there are numerous dealers offering extended Honda Care warranties at a discount from what you would be charged when purchasing a car by their finance department.
  • amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    Hi, Could you please let me know who you dealt with in Pohanka?
  • venkubvenkub Member Posts: 2
    Hi ,
    I am in the market for Odyssey EX-L in San Francicso Bay Area, and
    as I have missed the memorial day deal, just would like to know, if any body around
    SF bayarea, got into Odyssey, and If you could share the details of your findinds or deals,
    I would be thankful to you.
    Also very new to the forum here.
    Thanks-
    I submitted an online quote and Tasha assisted me. Tell her that you want Todd Melton's deal.
    awesome. thanks a lot.
  • ttanttan Member Posts: 3
    I paid $36144 OTD EXL RES in Seattle. The fees can add up. So it depends how much is the various fees but I think your price is fair.
    paid 9.8% sales tax in Seattle
    WOW! You did good! 31K for 2013 EXL w/ RES is very impressive.
  • cboy2cboy2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    The price you got for EXL /RES is Awesome. Could you please share who was the dealer with in Dallas?

Thanks
    Of course, in most states. However, each dealer's finance office generally gains over $1,000 in profit on the sale of an extended warranty. They do this because you are sitting in their office and they assume you will buy at their exaggerated price due to the ease of incorporating into the financing. Other dealers are willing to sell at a reduced profit as they do not have that advantage.

What is a discount when it comes to an extended service contract. There is no MSRP on such a contract. Each dealer F&I person basically sets the price, which has no correlation to cost. Not sure I would categorize a reduction to such a price as a discount.

It would be nice if dealers were required to disclose the actual cost of the extended service contract. Then consumers could judge for themselves the true value of a dealer's price. I doubt many folks would be happy to hand a dealer $2,000 for a contract which only cost the dealer $800 or so.

Rusty Wallace Honda is in Tenn. US Fidelis was in Missouri, now in jail I believe. Ol Rusty was the front man for US Fidelis, remember the plethora of commercials from past times.
  • jzhouinmdjzhouinmd Member Posts: 4
    I am also in the market for EX-L. The quote I got from Pohanka is no way near $29k. amsen, can you please let us know the price when you talk to Tasha? thanks! Also several dealers in DC area told me that the flex cash promotion($750) has expired since Memorial day. Is it true, everyone?
  • serialleaseeserialleasee Member Posts: 1
    Our dealer called me to let me know that the numbers looked right to turn in our 2011 EX-L RES (Southeastern US). We were happy to do so since we had 34k miles and would be needing brakes and tires in the next 6-8 months. Wife wanted either Crystal Black or White Diamond Pearl (Touring only color) and ONLY the Truffle interior.

Van traded for what we owed (fine with me, had a dent in the tailgate from a garage door vs. tailgate fight). Originally offered $617 on Touring Elite (white diamond pearl). Due to the fact they would have to trade another dealer for a black RES, we finally got down to $555 for 36 months 12k/year on the Touring Elite. (We would have kept same payment on RES - which was awesome too).

If you want a Touring, I have a feeling dealers are willing to cut deals, but get in before end of month - did our deal yesterday - highly incentivized to move inventory. My advice - find a dealer with the vehicle you want so they don't have to trade.

Best part - the residual on this new lease is $2k lower than on the previous lease!
  • danz75danz75 Member Posts: 7
    Which dealership was this and what was the cost w/o TTL? I just started shopping around for an EXL.
    John Eagle and Rusty Wallis both in Dallas, TX. Now is the time to buy, they are dealing!!
    edited May 2013
    I just bought the vehicle from Pohanka Honda from Tasha today. The vehicle is Honda Odyssey EX-L w/o navigation, or RES. The price is $30,728, including everything. MD tax is 6%. It may be not the best deal of the world, but I feel okay. Tasha gave me the price over the phone, and I decided to go for it. I didn't negotiate since I feel the price is reasonable.
    Actually considering that I am a VA resident with a tax rate of 3%, the deal you got is very close to the deal that I closed with Tasha so I would say you got a great deal. Enjoy the Odyssey.
    I too got the same price from them. But i passed on the deal. Enjoy your new car.
    Your posts really helped me get the vehicle I want. Thanks!! Given that I was only in the market for two days, I am very happy with the deal.
    I needed to buy the car quickly(wife needs the car on Monday) so I cannot afford waiting for better deal. This deal was good enough to me. Good luck!
  • aksebnaksebn Member Posts: 15
    Honda odyssey LX msrp. $29,405.
    Price $25,469
    + tax , doc fee ($131)
    + license fee ($52.50 )
    - $500 for financing.
    Is this a good deal can I do better?
    May be trading a 2009 Hyundai Elantra with 34000 miles
    They are offering $8400 for it
  • miltonrodsmiltonrods Member Posts: 1
    Got this EX-L ( no Nav/Res) for 30,400 OTD ( With title, Tax and Doc fees)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Splash/Mud Guard Set & Wheel Lock Set
    Internet Sales ePrice = $28,997.18
    Destination & Handling of $830 is Included
    Accessories = Splash Guards & Wheel Locks
    Yeah. It is a real good deal. I just passed on it because i am not in a hurry.
  • briko3briko3 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought the ex-l for $29,500 out the door. Now granted, in my state, the taxes are capped at $300, but I still felt it was a good deal.
  • vtoomuvtoomu Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy a Odyssey EX-L w/NAV in the Raleigh market, Charlotte, Richmond etc. What price should I be looking to pay?

Thank you for all your help.
  • krishnavkrishnav Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Thanks to all the info we gained from this forum, did enough home work.
    Friday we picked the TE for $37060 + Doc fee 349 + reg 100 and tax . We got 3 offers from Truecar each about $1K apart and picked the least one. Traded in my 07 CRV for 9100 ( 111K miles and a small fender dent) With Tax out the door price was around 30300.

Got the 0.9% 60 months finance from Honda. The dealer had to trade the van from another dealer for he did not have the Met Topaz we wanted. In the end it all worked out well. Just ordered the All weather mats and Door sill garnish online - they were selling MSRP at the service center.
  • gopackers2gopackers2 Member Posts: 1
    What was the pre-tax, etc. price? That seems like a great deal. What state?
  • thedreamer2thedreamer2 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    You can check the True Car prices in your zip code and surrounding areas.
    My Zip code gave me the following prices and the dealer accepted them. I got the Touring Model ($34,785 +TTL).

One should be able to get at these prices and probably even lower if you can negotiate well. There will be better bargains in late June and July as the dealers try to clear the 2013 Models but color availability and model choices will get limited.
    Model "MSRP" "True Car Price Zip-65203"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LX $29,505 $25,060
    EX $32,655 $26,933
    EX-L $36,055 $29,034
    EX-L w/Entertainment System(RES) $37,655 $30,493
    EX-L w/Navigation System $38,055 $30,858
    Touring $42,360 $34,785
    Touring Elite $44,855 $37,060
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    Hi briko3

You paid $29,500 for a brand new EX-L out the door. The skeptic in me cannot believe it.

Dr Google says that SC has a $300 cap on sales tax on a new car purchase:
    http://www.sctax.org/NR/rdonlyres/0218A84E-5203-4ADB-8540-3A8904B985A7/0/Salesan- dUseBrochureweb.pdf

Which dealer was it?
    How much was your title and doc fees?
    What was your pretax cost of the vehicle alone?

Thank you
  • rgmbrgmb Member Posts: 2
    Clarksville, IN:

Base (incl. dest. fee): $25,205
    Taxes: $1,764.38
    KY fees: $37
    Documentation charge: $200
    Discount for financing (0.9%, 36 mo.): -$750
    Out-the-door: $27,379

The TrueCar price for Louisville, KY, confusingly, was $26,160 (incl. dest) yesterday and dropped to $24870 today.

Also, why does Honda have a $750 incentive tied to financing only, when 0.9% financing for 36 months results in much less than that in interest fees?
  • thedreamer2thedreamer2 Member Posts: 3
    I am not clear about the $750 Honda incentive for Financing. Are people able to get that on the top of the True Car Price?

I did Financing but I am not sure on that incentive.
    Anyone, please.
  • rgmbrgmb Member Posts: 2
    I didn't got through TrueCar - I was just using that price as a reference point. I did get the $750 off my base price (which I forgot to add into my out the door, so it should be $750 lower)
  • woongjinwoongjin Member Posts: 1
    I'm dealing with dealer for my second car.
    But I don't understand the suggested price in dealer shop.(I'm new commer in US)
    Could you any body tell me it is reasonable or not?

At first, dealer suggest around $29K as an internet price include destination fee, So I think it is resonable. But I visited the dealer shop he said I should pay $1250 more if I don't use Honda finance.(other dealer shop said $2500 more). Unfortunately, I don't have any credit in US.

If possible, Could anybody explain the incentive or rebate plan in Honda Odyssey?
  • bigroc34bigroc34 Member Posts: 7
    Current Honda Incentives on the Odyssey offer $2500 in dealer rebates if you use Honda Financing there is $1,000 Dealer Rebate if you do not use Honda Financing. So if your quote included the $2500 you would need to add $1,000 to the price.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a couple who recently purchased a family car together. If you and your spouse have kids, purchased a car within the past six months and would like to share your story with a journalist, please send your daytime contact information at pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bobomojobobomojo Member Posts: 4
    Honda Odyssey EX-L with dealer add-ons (protection package, molding, tint, etc)

$31,500 OTD with Honda Financing

Texas Tax at 6.25%
  • j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    2013 EX-L W/RES Celestial Blue with Gray Interior. dealer add-ons (mud guards, protection package etc)

MSRP: $37,655

PAID

Sale Price $31,550
    Tax $2,800 (8.875% NY)
    Doc. Fee $399
    DMV $411

$35,160 OTD with 0.9% Honda Financing
  • xxwoomanleexxxxwoomanleexx Member Posts: 2
    I spent some time going through all the posts and copying purchases with the lowest offer so I can use this as leverage on negotiating a OTD with the dealerships.

The dealerships saw the prices and noticed they were OTD's from the East Coast and dismissed them. I'm back on the forum and am noticing that CA prices are a bit higher...sucks for us.

The car would be registered in Elk Grove at 8% tax.

Any suggestions on how to continue? What is a good price for CA on the EX-L's?

The lowest quote I've received is from Avery Green Honda in Vallejo: $31,579.
    E-price $28,694, Tax 2,481, DMV 404.75. 60 months @ 553.47 @ 0.9% financing

I'd also be interested in keeping the protection package that's already installed on the car. It really disturbed me that they wanted to charge us extra after all the work we had done negotiating on our last car (also purchased at avery green). So this time i'm not going to budge and make them include those items...mud guard, wheel locks, protection film...

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!