Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eja4eja4 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, the first dealer I went to wouldn't budge from MSRP since he only had one 2014 on the lot and assumed nobody else had any, but now I'm getting offers around $3000 under MSRP on 2014 EX-L so it seems reasonable that is about the invoice price (same spread as 2013). Someone upthread said they got about $200 under invoice on a 2014 which is the best I've seen so I wanted to be sure I was in the same ballpark.
  • lisabuddlisabudd Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know about the dealer cash/incentives? Any reason our price should be higher today
    than Monday? I had two quotes on Monday (one in TN, one in GA) for 2013 EX-L
    for around the price odyjbp got in Jasper (31600 incl tax) but the dealers are taking their time "checking" if the price is still good. Monday, at a local dealer (N. AL), DH decided he wanted a specific color (that they don't have) after we were just about where we wanted on price, so we walked out and maybe missed the boat :( Jasper is telling us "$31,500 plus taxes and fees, for a total price of $33,135.46" but not sure if I should tell them my other quotes to get him down since I am not sure they are still valid. Would prefer to buy within AL, and Jasper says they're getting the silver/gray DH wants. Interesting that someone posted about their good experience at Willett in Ga. I emailed Joel and just got a generic response from some other guy who didn't even give me a quote.

We are planning on financing (preapproved via honda) and two
    Dealers, incl Jasper, have already told us we can still get the .9%. If the $750 was bringing
    That price down and is gone, a higher price would be expected, I suppose.

I'm hoping they didn't go up, and if they did, not sure what to do since stock
    Seems to be dwindling... :confuse:
  • chanthemanchantheman Member Posts: 4
    There were two incentives combinable with the special .9 APR that were set to expire on the 8th of July. These totaled 2500.00.

Another 750.00 in Honda flex cash exists for dealers that, according to other posts, have some left to award.

Also keep in mind that certain manufacturer incentives to dealers on volume could have expired. Ability to achieve manufacturer sales targets and incentives "encourages" dealers dot get more competitive.

With 2014's on the lot and an ability to hold higher prices on them you will likely find wiggle room on the 2013's significantly reduced. Dwindling inventories also hurts the consumer as certain preferences make it easier for dealers to hold higher prices on 2013's against closer to MSRP prices on 14's as still a better deal.

I'm sure the loss of Honda's 2500.00 in incentives is the fundamental reason you see a price change from Monday.
  • kingmeatkingmeat Member Posts: 10
    To be fair try to compare 2007 and 2008 side by side with equal mileage and then a 2003 and 2004? You will see that the differences are much narrower when you have owned to vehicle 5 or 10 years and the $3-4K you save today looks very good in comparison.
  • sigrudesigrude Member Posts: 4
    I purchased the Smoky Topaz model at Honda of El Cerrito today. This was the only place I found that has it in stock. The price was $34796.22 plus tax and fees. The price included $677 of dealer installed accessories which I didn't want. I accepted it because they matched a lower TrueCar price for a different dealership. Luckily, the $895 alarm system was not installed. I traded in a 2004 Acura MDX for $9500 ($500 dealer cash). 72 months finance at 1.9% for a lower payment with no early payoff penalty. $1526 for the 84 months 80000 miles extended warranty. During the final inspection, I found a ding on the driver's sliding door which I was told the dealership will fix. Overall, I think it was a good deal.
  • odysseysdodysseysd Member Posts: 4
    first I had negotiated for an exl with res for $31,250 on july 5 with 0.9 financing with a dealer in san diego. I thought this was a great deal. However, we wanted a white with beige interior and the only one they could find was in Riverside (about 100mile or so away). I had signed all the papers, got a dmv slip, and handed them a deposit. I come to find saturday morning that when their guy got there, the Riverside dealer had sold the car an hour before he got there. There seemed to be no exl with res with white and beige colors. I checked other local dealers and that seemed to be the case. Plus the wife was very against truffle. So we decided to try for an exl w/o res. But I knew I had to start all over again.
    The dealer had to locate one. This time in el centro. they got the car, I saw it there, inspected it, and even test drove. I knew from this forums that sdody got one for around $28,800 so i was trying to go for that. They offered $30,250 and I walked out. Other local dealers had an exl with white and beige so i tried to call and get better prices. I was able to get the original dealer to go down to $29, 500. I believe sdody had good timing with the $700 dealer cash. no dealer seemed to have any left. Best deal from Pacific was $30,533 at that time.
    So even though we didn't get the first car which i thought was a great deal and I still had to wheel and deal (it's their job, so can't really blame them for trying) , they were still the best price on our second choice. Didn't pay for any thing but tax and title. Oh I paid the $80 doc fee. I decided not to negotiate because it wasn't worth the hassle. Oh, I forgot when I went there in the afternoon (july 8) to accept their offer can you guess what happened (if you believe it)? That, oh there's another buyer coming down to get the car. I know what you're thinking, they're going to ask for more money. He did but as a joke. The manager said it's policy to hold or something like that the car for 24 hours since they went to the trouble of getting it for me and honored the $29,500 price. So OTD was $32,557.95. I have 9% sales tax $2,662.20...you people with 3 and 4%, so jealous. ttl was $297.75 I think that all added up right.
    So thanks mossy for the best prices and the people on this forum for your price information. Next time I will try to only negotiate for a car that's in the lot!
    from Mossy I got $29,500 on july 8th.
    I financed part of my car. Beware that there is a minimum of interest that needs to be paid. With mine I believe I have to pay at least $75 worth and if i paid before the amount, I pay the difference as a fee (i think that's right). Check the conditions for paying off early.
  • badbilly27badbilly27 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    This site has been helpful so thought I post some details of our new car we drove home tonight.

2014 Honda Odyssey Blue Obsidian EX-L w/navigation

MSRP $38,455

Paid $35,422 plus tax, Lic and Doc Fees

(Used Credit card for $5K got additional $100 back due to cash back credit card)

Tried using Truecar but 2014 not yet supported on the site but still used to make initial contact with 3 dealers. Contacted two others directly via internet. Got all pricing through internet negotiation. I didn't share pricing with any of the dealerships just was up front with each - I'm serious, will buy this week from one of three dealerships I'm contacting, no games. Many pushed 2013 models and confusion over inventory on 2014 since they just came out. In the end, Rosen Honda in Gurnee got my business.

Very responsive and direct communications. Best price out of the box no haggling required. Worked with Pat who was terrific. Experience at dealership was equally enjoyable - no pushing on anything. Not typical car buying experience which I appreciated. I'd recommend. Unlike Schaumburg Honda who had my service business for last 12 years, asked for quote and they would only offer sticker price. Offered to match or maybe beat others if I could produce written quote - otherwise no lower than sticker. So 12 years of profit off of me and no discount? They lost my service business now as well as my new car purchase.

Hope this info helps.
  • tdaotdao Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for an EX-L in Atlanta area too. What was your out the door price? Were they willing to negotiate with you at all? I've called a few places and I'm not getting great deals.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2013
    Whether your comparing a 2011 to a 2012 Opposed to 2007 and 2008 Touring model your resale numbers still remain at almost 3000 difference between years. You have missed my point. If you could buy a 2014 model right now for invoice or below it makes more sense than the 2013 model. My numbers below still proves my point. As you keep the vehicle longer the numbers are probably 2k apart. Most people upgrade after 5 or 6 years on there Vehicles..

2007 touring driven 72k for 6 yrs= trade $14,997 Retail $17,930

2008 touring driven 72k for 5 yrs=trade $18,293 Retail $ 21,195

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ody_owner_99ody_owner_99 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a new 2013 Odyssey EX-L (no RES or NAV) for $29,100 in upstate NY. Used the $750 Honda "flex cash" and 72 months 1.9% financing to get there.

OTD
    $29,100 Price of Van
    $271 for TTL
    $2388 for 8% NY State Sales Tax (includes tax on flex cash)
  • sammycccsammyccc Member Posts: 13
    Congratulation on your new purchase. Do you mind sharing the name of the salesperson or his/her contact? Do you know if there is any more available? Thanks.
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    In most states there is no penalty for paying an auto loan early. If a new car dealer suggests there is such a penalty it is probably best to look elsewhere for financing as that would suggest the dealer may not be trustworthy.
  • nj2013nj2013 Member Posts: 1
    I visited a dealer yesterday and they said they only have the car with additional package called
    millennium package which costs additional 699. Any idea what it is? Is it useful?
  • briko3briko3 Member Posts: 6
    I see it a little bit differently than you. For the price, I get a 2013 EX-l vs a 2014 LX. Compare those prices and see what the resale difference is. You get the best for your budget. If you want leather for a non-leather price, you get the 2013. If you go back to a 2008 ex-l vs a 2009 lx, the 2008 ex-l will be worth $4500 more even though it is a year older.
    edited July 2013
    I dont see your logic.. ..... If you are comparing price from one yr to the next.. Vehicles have to be the same model. Apples to Apples. This is how you judge to see if its worth buying old model to newer model thats out. If you cant afford the Odyssey to begin with you buy a 2013.

• dkk5dkk5 Member Posts: 1
    I am following this thread recently. Thanks to everyone who were posting their experiences. After reading the thread I got a good idea how much I need to pay. Here is my experience on recent purchase new Odyssey Touring 2013 on 07/08/2013 in Columbus, Ohio.

I got quotes from True car.com and one of the dealers Honda Marysville quoted for $3600. I got a better quote from a dealer from Cincinnati, but only $200.00 difference and I don’t want to make trip. I tried couple of other dealers who said initially can beat the other dealer price and after inform the price they said can’t. Finally on Monday I made a trip to Honda Marysville, met Jason from their internet team who was courteous and very professional. Finally he gave me the quote for $34750 after Honda flex cash. He even gave free all season mats. Even though I got the better pricing, but I have to compromise on color. Initially I want to buy polished metal metallic, there was only one left was Smoky Topaz Metallic and I went for it.

Here are the details:

MSRP: $42,360
    Price Paid: $34,500 (includes $750 Flex Cash)
    Free Accessories: $214 (all-weather mats)
    Tax: $2328.17
    Title/License: $41.00
    Doc Fee: $250

Total OTD: $37,120
    •
    I strongly recommend this dealer for any vehicle purchases.
  • sammycccsammyccc Member Posts: 13
    Price quote from AOL Autos Best Deal
    :P
    LX Passenger Van
    MSRP$28,825
    Invoice$26,366

EX Passenger Van
    MSRP$32,125
    Invoice$29,376

EX-L Passenger Van
    MSRP$35,625
    Invoice$32,569

Touring Passenger Van
    MSRP$41,880
    Invoice$38,274

Touring Elite Passenger Van
    MSRP$44,450
    Invoice$40,618
  • mdmurphmdmurph Member Posts: 1
    Purchased last Monday from Pohanka in Capital Heights, MD. Wardell was great to work with. If you are still looking to get a great deal done on the remaining 2013s, ask for him and tell him Murph sent you. Celestial Blue (no NAV or RES), .90 Financing and $30,500 OTD included all MD taxes, title and a very easy transaction.
  • cc183cc183 Member Posts: 2
    Performance Honda in Fairfield Ohio. Don't go there. Lied and mislead me. Check out the reviews on their own website and judge for yourself.
  • vanman123vanman123 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the current Honda Flex Cash program, for an 2014 Odyssey in Georgia is $750 or $500? A couple dealers have told me $500, although #30280 mentions $750. Are there regional differences, or differences based on model year?
  • shock01shock01 Member Posts: 2
    tdao, I'm not sure if you're looking for strictly an EX-L. I bought a Touring here in Atlanta a few weeks back from Willett Honda. Before I decided to go with that model, I considered an EX-L with Navi and one with RES. Since the price was right I went for the Touring.

In case you decide to "upgrade", here's the out the door price I was quoted from Joel (internet manager) for either EX-L with Navi or RES:

$32,695 (base)
    + $599.75 (dealer fee)
    + $2193.75 (taxes in Georgia)
    + $70 (title fee)
    ----------------
    $35,558.50

At the time, Honda flex cash lowered the price by $750 with financing. It sounds like now dealers are offering $500. So potentially, your final OTD price could be: $35,058.50

Good luck!
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Member Posts: 142
    I do not think there are any flex cash options on the 2014, its been out only 2 weeks and the 2013's need to go first.

That said unless you have to buy/lease NOW, the 2014 EX-L vs the 2013 for a small bump in MSRP offers some great improvements that will have me wait for the 2014 model year to be in full swing with Honda.
    The 2014 EX-L now adds 6 speed auto transmission, lane departure warning, right side camera (similar to Accord) and the touch screen radio interface (similar to Accord)... The front nose refresh is nice too
    Hidy honda, and Waikem Honda have been good on pricing over the years in Ohio. Try to make a deal with them at the end of the month.

• hondafan76hondafan76 Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know if anyone has bought 2013 odyssey ex-l or ex-l with RES recently. If yes, what was the total price paid including TTL.
    thanks shock! i think the prices are fluctuating from week to week. seems like some of these dealers are playing dirty games. one dealer told me they had no more 2013 and tried to sell me a 2014 EX-L for 2000+ ABOVE MSRP. Can you believe that??

I'm still not at the price I want so I'm gonna hold out.
  • jurenpamisjurenpamis Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote from one dealer in writing with a $250 deposit:

2013 Odyssey Touring
    Base: 35,295
    Fees/Options: $254.50
    Hondacare 8 yr/120k: 1464.23
    Tax: 2286.27
    TOTAL: $39,300

First off, is that good considering it has the extended warranty included?

And secondly, I'm using that quote to make sure no other local dealer can beat it or get me a better vehicle for that price. But one of them not only wanted me to scan the quote and send it over, but now wants the dealerships name so they can look up the stock number? Is that necessary? Should I tell them to take a hike?

Thanks!
  • jurenpamisjurenpamis Member Posts: 2
    Also, the dealer we went to didn't know anything about Simonize? Can it be bought after-market? And does anyone here have a positive review of it? The reviews online that we've read haven't been good.
  • bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    Id go with it. That is a good price and the hondacare pricei s very close to cost. The other dealer is trying to do what happened to me a couple of cars ago, do a dealer swap or reserve it using a different sales person putting the car you want on that dealers lot...I would not share that info.
  • superman30superman30 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    What state are you in? I'm in Florida and negotiated $33,750 over the Internet on a 2013 Honda Touring, only when I finalized the deal is when I drove to the dealer., I made it PERFECTLY clear to all nine dealers I received pricing from that I "DID NOT or WILL NOT PAY" for the dealers add-on (aka Dealer RipOff) sticker. Taxes are based where you live, there was however a dealer fee of $699, and Tax/Tag etc. Overall, I felt it was a good deal.

PS, this price also included the $830 destination Fee, and $750 Flex Cash was utilized for taking the Honda Financial at 0.9 Interest :shades:
    I googled simonize and it seems it has something to do with shine and sheen. I'm guessing they're going to wash and wax your car.

I wouldn't get it. Tell them to take it off. Any addons I wouldn't pay for. I didn't even like paying for the $80 doc fee but I did because it wouldn't have been worth the haggling to get it off. That's how they get you by wearing you down.
    Remember the most powerful thing you can do is say no thanks and start walking out. One time I stopped to use the restroom and when I came out, the salesmen asked me to come back to the cubicle to talk more.

ps. did you ask them what simonizing was?
  • indusaindusa Member Posts: 1
    That is a super price. Where in Florida are you and which dealer did you get the price from? does this include the destination charge of 850 $.
  • grndstnygrndstny Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Anyone in socal having any luck? Looking for a 2013 ex-l and no one seems to be willing to play ball. Got a really good price using truecar but a google search showed that dealer uses that tactic to bait and switch and its too far to drive and take a chance.
  • vtoomuvtoomu Member Posts: 3
    I negotiated an EXL in Alexandria, VA with NC taxes and tags for $30,300 on the road. Dealers in my local Raleigh, NC area were unwilling to come down to lower than $31,600. I'm going to pick up the car tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
    Hey grndstny, what was was the selling price, taxes, doc fee, etc for that EX-L that you got? Can you break it down for me?

Plus, what dealership did you get it at and who did you talk to. That sounds like a good price and I'm willing to make the trip to get that price.
  • grndstnygrndstny Member Posts: 3
    That was vtoomu not me. Im still fishing for a deal.
  • kingmeatkingmeat Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Knowing how long you will keep the vehicle is critical in your decision making. I have had my last 5 vehicles for 10 years or more so purchasing my 2013 EXL at $28500 vs a 2014 at $33500 makes perfect sense. And this does not even factor the interest you are going to pay on the additional $5000!

This is info I pulled from KBB tonight:
    2003 EXL 120000 miles $7211
    2004 EXL 120000 miles $8082
    Both vehicles private party value and rated "very good" condition.
  • wcbuddywcbuddy Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. Just let everyone know I was quoted at Avery Greene Honda near the SF Bay Area $28,834 for a 2013 EX-L. I got the local dealer in Monterey to match. After reviewing the options (color, safety, transmission) on the 2014, however, I picked up a 2014 EX-L (in the new blue color) for $32,988. I got an additional $500 for military and $500 for the new graduate program at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA for a total of $31,988. (No TTL included in any price)

Great experience at Anderson Honda with Kyle as a salesperson.
  • rgeniecrgeniec Member Posts: 1
    Was the $37,300 including the destination charge of $800 or so?
  • pgdavidpgdavid Member Posts: 1
    Thought I'd better post my experience considering how much I learned from the rest of you.

Had to spend some time on email, phone, and at dealerships to finally get a price we could live with. I had gone in with pretty high expectations based on some of the stories I've read here, but in the end felt we got the best deal for this area, time.

I ended up buying my 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz from Honda of Fife for:

$44,025 Starting MSRP

$38885.25 Base price
    $300.25 Vehicle Tax, License, Title and Registration fees
    $3771.87 Sales Tax (9.7 Yikes)
    $150 Doc Fees (Washington State Cap)

$42,607.37 OTD including $500 flex cash for financing through Honda

Overall, the experience was pretty rough. We went in because we were told we could be close to 40,000 OTD with the trade in of our 98 Honda Civic, but started out the process far from that. I put up as much of a fight as I could, and through our conversations with everyone in the area, felt we weren't going to get a better deal at this point. I don't think there are as many Odyssey's in lots as their used to be so we didn't have as much leverage as I would have liked. I also don't think there is any dealership incentive cash floating around.

I was most disappointed that I couldn't even get them to throw in the protection pack that was already on/in the van. You'd think they could handle the $400 dollar comp at this point but no dice.

In the end, we were pretty much at the internet price we were quoted initially minus the flex cash which was better than anyone else could offer in the color and trim package we wanted.

Hope this helps the rest of you!
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    Just purchased a new 2014 EX-L here in Northern Virginia. We traded in a 2009 EX-L with RES that had 72K miles. I was unhappy to find that CarMax only offered $14K for the trade when KBB and Edmunds both quoted around $16K.

Anyways, in the end, we traded it in at the dealer. The original offer for the 2014 was their version of invoice $33,300 + $1,500 in dealer adds such as pinstriping, mud guards, wheel locks, etc. They offered $15K for the trade.

After all the haggling, I got the 2014 EX-L for $19K out the door which worked out as follows:

Invoice: $33,300 (MSRP $36,455)
    Dealer Adds: $0 Free
    Taxes: $1,450 (Virginia)
    Tags: $22
    Dealer Processing: $499
    Trade: $16,271
    OTD: $19,000

Seems like I did pretty good for a brand new 2014. I realize I could have done much better on a 2013 but like other people have said, the list of enhancements to the van are pretty extensive for a mid-cycle refresh and I couldn't picture being 4 years or so down the road not having those options on the van.

So, was getting the van for $3,100 under MSRP with free add-ons, and then getting $2,271 in my trade more than what Carmax offered a good deal?

Oh, and during financing, they said that they could only do 3.9% financing because it was a 2014. But then they offered me the exterior and exterior protection package for around $900 and bought down the interest rate to 1.9% for 72 months. The monthly payment actually dropped, which essentially made the protection package free. However, I do wonder if they were just playing games with me and if I could have gotten the 1.9% financing without having to get the protection package. They held firm that Honda Finance wasn't giving financing discounts on the 2014's. Anyone have thoughts on that?
    You made a good deal getting a 2014 model in july for Invoice price. In addition the upgrade options are a nice touch that you will enjoy.

Penn Fed credit union may still be offering 1.9% for 72 months.

you could apply and pay off the honda loan if higher

• ellen24ellen24 Member Posts: 1
    May I Ask which dealer in Northern VA?
    Thanks!
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    It is important to recognize new car dealers do not set interest rates. Interest rates are set by the lending institution and are not adjusted for additonal items purchased by the customer.

When a person decides to buy a vehicle the dealer F&I managers swing into action. They run credit reports and verifications and then contact a financial institution. For top tier customers they already know the information.

The finance institution will inform, or has informed for top tier buyers, the dealer the interest rate for which a customer qualifies along with the maximum dollar amount which will be financed. The F&I person will use those numbers to structure the best overall deal for the dealer.

For example, the financial institution may advise the dealer the customer qualifies for 1.9 percent up to $20,000. An unethical F&I person will tell the customer, he or she may buy the vehicle for $19,000 but at a rate of 3.9 percent.

However, the F&I person will then work magic for the dealer by informing the customer if they agree to buy certain extra products for an additonal $1,000, the amount needed to reach the $20,000 amount the finance institution will finance, the dealer will be able to reduce the interest rate to 1.9 percent.

In such as situation, the buyer believes they got the extras for nothing but in reality the buyer gave the dealer a hefty addition to its profit margin.

If the dealer wrote your contract at 1.9 percent, that is the rate for which you qualified regardless of whether you purchased the extra protection package.

This is why it is always good for a buyer to research financing before they go to the dealer. Such information will usually mitigate financing mischief in the F&I office.
  • jacobi2jacobi2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering pulling the trigger on one but I'm not sure the discount is steep enough.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I agree that the buyer should have an understanding of the finance options before going into their office. I think what may have happened in my case was accidental on their part. After he did the free "maintenance & protection" deal lowering the rate to 1.9%, apparently he was under the impression that I was purchasing a 2013 Odyssey. In that case, indeed, the 2013's should have been eligible for at least 1.9% maybe even .9% in which case he was playing around with the numbers.

However, after he started printing out the finance documents, he went "oh sh#t" and said he didn't realize I was buying a 2014, not a 2013. Then he went on to say that he couldn't offer me the 1.9% financing buy down because there were absolutely no incentives on the 2014's and that I would now have to pay 4.9% for 72 months because that was the best rate that Honda was offering on the 2014's. He offered to remove the maintenance and protection plan, but would have to leave it at 4.9% which jacked up my payments substantially.

I started to make my move to walk away and he called a few people on the phone and then agreed to "eat" the cost and left the deal as is at 1.9% for 72 months with the maintenance and protection plan.

The more I replay that back in my mind and hearing others say that the 2014's don't have any incentive money, the more I think it was a mistake on their part which they ultimately did the right thing and honored the original finance deal. So maybe, I did end up coming out ahead in the end, but only because they made a mistake. Seems like their effort to trick me into buying down the rate backfired only because he truly thought it was a 2013 and not a 2014.

Also, just to clarify, I re-looked at my paperwork. I paid $618 for a 30K Maintenance package that includes all scheduled maintenance through 30K. I also paid $499 for an exterior and interior protection plan that includes a top-coat sealer on the exterior paint as well as fabric and vinyl protection inside the car with a 5 year warranty against scratches, chips, stains, discoloration, etc.

"Buying" down the rate from 3.9% to 1.9% offset the cost of those two plans, essentially saving me $1,100 in interest charges over the 72 months. My monthly payment actually went down $2/mo.

So now I truly feel that I essentially got those two things for free, especially considering I could have been subject to having to pay 4.9% interest on the 2014. Thoughts? Still think it was bait and switch, or did they screw up?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    It sounds like you got a good deal
  • cmr2cmr2 Member Posts: 1
    Woodland Hills, CA

Paid $32870 for 2014 Odyssey EX-L. MSRP was $36,455
    +$1117 in accessories, which included $234 installation charges.

Destination,doc,title,Tax were extra.

Dealer tried to add alarm, etch package, protection package but haggled out of them.
  • nautilus1nautilus1 Member Posts: 4
    Negotiated with several dealers in Houston for purchasing 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring. True Car/Consumer reports suggest $39,900 as target price. MSRP is $42,760. Dealer Invoice $39,104. The best price I could get is $41,000 plus TTL. Walked out of several dealers. Most wouldn't even go below $42,000. In the end, only Gillman Honda would sell it for $41,000. They all looked at Consumer Reports & True Car reports on the pricing & also disclosed to me their invoice. They all said the market is currently paying more for 2014 and therefore stats from true car & consumer reports data are too early to form definitive trends.
    Anyone have any better offer than $41,000 for 2014 Odyssey Touring? Is this a good price? Or Am I paying too much for it?