Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vk_vanvk_van Member Posts: 8
    Thank you so much sbaratam....you have a very good point about the warranty, which is making me rethink on mine....
  • hshunterhshunter Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me what dealer you went to for that price? I am in NY as well.
  • turbof16turbof16 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dalbi,
    I am looking for a 2014 EX. Can you share which dealer offered the $31.6k OTD? I live in Maryland.
  • huewanghuewang Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    touring (non-elite) for $38,500 and out the door price of $42,436.95 (tax and titled in socal).
  • bluesky20bluesky20 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Huewang.
    Can you please share the dealer info...i am too looking for a 2014 touring.
    thanks in advance.
  • jaizejaize Member Posts: 1
    Hi rajagopals,

Did you end up purchasing the 2014? If so how much did it cost oTd? Also which dealership? I am in the market for 2014 Honda Odyssey ExL ReS in the northern Va area too.

Thank you!
    Jaize
  • dalbidalbi Member Posts: 3
    Sure. It was college park honda. And the sales rep was Q.
    He was very serious about the deal 2014 ex. But we decided 2013 exl Model in pohanka .

You can tell Stan referred Q and deal on the phone.
  • pampie1pampie1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the best price on a 2014 Ex-L w/navi in NY area. So far, have a price of $34,725 (base, no fees or tax). Where can I do better?
  • harryg5harryg5 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2014 Touring (non Elite)

Vehicle price: 38400 (came with Mudguards + Nitrogen filled tires)
    Drive Away Tag: 10
    Dealer Fee: 149
    Sales Tax: 1927
    Out the door Total: 40486

I had found a better deal in Chicago for 37300 + tax + 164 dealer fee, but they didn't have the color I wanted and told me it would take at least 1 month to get my color (Diamond White). I could have saved another 1100, but oh well!

Thanks for all your help guys!
  • bluesky20bluesky20 Member Posts: 2
    Harry, Congratulations!!!! on your new vehicle...This seems to be a super deal on a 2014 model. Just 2 days back, I passed the offer from a dealer for a 2013 touring with invoice at $36,400. I am happy that I did that....

This forum is really helping a lot....

Just a question, is September, right time to expect better price or later in the year....

Thanks again.
  • matt4x1matt4x1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase a 2014 Odyssey EX-L in southern California. The Costco auto program lists the invoice as 32,500 and I'm hoping to get an out the door price around 33,000. Are my hopes too high?

I've just received two OTD quotes for around 37k.

Thanks,
    -Matt
  • thewholetruththewholetruth Member Posts: 3
    Is it true that dealerships are getting over invoice on the 2014 touring elites? I'm getting my first Honda (getting rid of Toyota) and it appears that the touring elites are hard to come by...the dealerships here seem to only get a couple a month and they are selling quickly.

Not sure so thought I'd ask here...thank you...
  • hondaody2013exhondaody2013ex Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Got Ex for $27, 800 + dealer fee + Tax + Tag + Title in Tampa, FL. Also got .9 % 36 months financing from Honda.

Came with dealer installed options: Nitrogen Filled Tires, Pin Stripes, Wheel locks, Cargo Tray.

2014 Ex is nice and has more new features, but not worth extra $3000 plus as dealers are not negotiating much for 2014.
  • hondaody2013exhondaody2013ex Member Posts: 2
    I bought 2013 EX in Tampa for $27, 800 + dealer fee + tax + Tag + Title... There aren't many Ex left. There is $1500 dealer cash and .9% financing available from Honda. You'll pay at minimum $3000 more for a 2014.
  • osrosr Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy Honda Odyssey EX 2014 for 30500....and also here they are saying the APR for 36 or 60 months is 2.4% from Honda. Please share me your views regarding this price..is it good price or else will get lower than that. I am located at San Diego.
  • alecbgonzalesalecbgonzales Member Posts: 3
    Hi, i bought mine 2014 Odyssey Ex-l for 33, 761. I have to ask the dealers in the area and ask if they can beat their prices.
    I have mine 2014 Exl Odyssey out the door price here in Virginia Hampton Roads for 33, 761.
  • osrosr Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Today bought Honda 2014 EX with Pro-Pack for 30,011 (includes destination)+ tax and used Honda finance for 2.49% for 60 months
  • addis2addis2 Member Posts: 1
  • letsboogiedownletsboogiedown Member Posts: 3
    Just came home with the 2014 Odyssey Touring about 5 days ago. I don't understand why we have to go through the song-and-dance of buying a car through a dealer anymore. Most of the time, I'm better informed than the salesman. We need to move beyond the delaership model. Enough ranting... here's some info to empower fellow shoppers:

Caveat: This deal includes a trade: 2 different dealerships and the local Carmax gave me the exact same offer on my trade-in... there was no variation on the trade-in value. Take that into consideration for the other numbers I have below. Here is the breakdown:

16,500 trade-in (3 different dealers were offering exact same on trade-in)
    38,550 base price incl $500 flexcash
    199 processing fee
    1743 - TTL (tax, title, etc)
    259 body molding
    476 roof rail
    85 edge guards
    139 splash guards
    1065 trailer hitch

OTD at $42,376

PS. I love this forum (Edmunds Prices Paid)!
    Can you tell us which dealership you used to get that price? I'm looking for 2014 Odyssey exl with nav or possible touring model in Northeast.
    Woww.....this is a superb price....2014 EX-L for $33.6 OTD ? Could you share the dealer name and contact name please?
  • letsboogiedownletsboogiedown Member Posts: 3
    That was at Harrisonburg Honda in zipcode 22801
  • evdaevda Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Just checking to see what folks have been quoted recently for Odyssey Touring or Touring Elite in the greater Seattle area. I am now beginning the shopping process. Thanks!
  • evdaevda Member Posts: 2
    How did you start your negotiation with them? Did you have a competing offer that they went below? I'm in the Seattle and sensing that the market is tight here so might be looking elsewhere. Thanks!
    I'm in NY as well, which dealership did you get that price from?
  • caremousecaremouse Member Posts: 1
    Hi clifford09,

I'm in Raleigh area as well and interested in the very same car as you just bought. May I ask at which dealership did you get your car? It would be very helpful, thanks a lot!
    Here in Hampton Roads, VA. Confidential for the dealer. Before you buy, shop around and ask their OTD, then walk out. Do it online, that's what I did, All negotiation is done online, we test drive at our nearest dealer. Bought it 30 miles away from the dealer close to me. I ask otd for several dealers. Three responded with their quote price.
  • tootsie5tootsie5 Member Posts: 3
    I just got my 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L for $31,998 ( the price includes door edging, all season mats, wheel locks) plus destination fee, title, tax in Illinois, documentation fee.
  • tweety6583tweety6583 Member Posts: 15
    Did you finance with Honda, and if so did this price include any flex cash?
    I just got 2014 Odyssey EX-L in Illinois. $31,998 ( the price includes edging, wheel locks, and all weather mats) plus title, destination fee, tax in Illinois, documentation fee $165.
    I finance with Honda; 1.9% for 60 months. $32,200 - their Credit $200, final price $31,998 (including what I mentioned before).
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville Member Posts: 6
    $37,709 ($515 below invoice)

$830 destination charge
    $164 doc fee
    $145 lic/ttl/tags

Used TrueCar to get the price quote
  • jiujiujiujiu Member Posts: 3
    Hi Has anybody bought or got a quote on a 2014 Odyssey EX-L with Navigation system in the Chicago area? I am now in the market for one. Thanks much!
    May I know the name of the dealership? Thanks!
    Hi Did you end up purchasing the 2014 EX-L w/ navi? If so how much did it cost oTd? Also which dealership? I am in the market for the same model in the Chicago area too. Thanks in advance for sharing.
  • plamlamplamlam Member Posts: 1
    May I ask which dealership you got the 32k OTD price for a 2014 EX-L? I'm looking for that exact car in the Chicago land area, thanks!
  • jmaverick101jmaverick101 Member Posts: 1
    Used USAA to get quote for Norther California. Dealer agreed to Ex-L with Navi for 34.2K+TTL. Hope to purchase on Friday.
  • vkalyanamvkalyanam Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have finalized 2014 Odyssey EXL withour RES and Navigation for $35,500 out the door in New Jersey. They will offer life time oil change and car wash.

I tried shopping around and the lowest quote i got was this despite two weeks worth of negotiations.

Is this too much or good buy..

Venkat
    Hi vkalyanam, Congrats on your new purchase. Did the dealer provide any accessories in that price please. Also, could you provide the dealer name and any contact name if possible. That seems to be a good price.
  • sbafnasbafna Member Posts: 1
    Hi! Has anybody bought or got a OTD quote on a 2014 Odyssey EX-L in South Florida area? I am now in the market for one. Thanks much!
  • peej18404peej18404 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased on 9/22 in SoCal:

Trim: Touring Elite
    Vehicle Price: $39,798.00 (includes destination)
    Doc Fees: $ 80.00
    Sales Tax (9%): $ 3,589.02
    Electronic Vehicle registration fee: $ 29.00
    Vehicle License Fee: $ 258.00
    Registration/Transfer/Titling fee: $ 100.00
    CA Tire fees: $ 8.75

Total OTD: $ 43,862.77
    Hamilton Honda and working with Elliot Griffin.
  • coldheart945coldheart945 Member Posts: 5
    Could you please let me know which dealer is? Thanks!
  • peej18404peej18404 Member Posts: 2
    Spreen in Loma Linda - very aggressive pricing
    Thanks vkalyanam for sharing the details. Any accessories provided in that price ? thanks again...
  • torajmtorajm Member Posts: 1
    I was at VIP Honda, NJ last week - they had dealer adds totaling more than 2k. the usual not required stuff like non stain spray for carpets etc..

Do you know any dealer who will sell EX-L without these dealer add ons in NJ?

Also any experience with no haggle dealerships? don't want to go through the time of negotiating for hours to get a good price. true car suggests they have 3 dealers. Lowest for EX-L @33,149. Sound too good. Any experience - do they give this price to get you into the dealership and then add to this...
  • coldheart945coldheart945 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you so much!!!
    I took delivery of my 2014 odyssey EXL for 35,499. I was offered Honda care 5 years 60000 miles for $2400..i laughed at them and showed them the online pricing from one honda dealer in MA. Finally paid 510 + NJ sales tax for 5 years 60000 "0" deductibles...

If you ever buy honda care beware of this pricing..its 3 -4 times higher than the actuals..
    no accessories..