Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sbaratamsbaratam Member Posts: 4
    Honda and Toyota are reputed brands and one would run into problems after 5 years. I would suggest going for 8 years/120K miles. I paid close to 1300$ for the same but it is worth it.
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville Member Posts: 6
    I can't recommend the dealer, so am not going to post the name. But you can get the price quote from True Car if you want.
  • tweety6583tweety6583 Member Posts: 15
    I am looking to purchase a 2014 Ody EX-L in Ohio, anyone have any recent experience to share?
  • hshunterhshunter Member Posts: 9
    Just received the following quote from a dealership in NY for a 2014 EX-L with Navigation.

$34723 (base)
    $2560 (tax)
    $75 (doc fee)
    $23 (tire disposal fee)

OTD $37381

What do you think of this price?
  • czar8878czar8878 Member Posts: 9
    I am actively looking in NJ for EX-L w/o RES or Navigation and after talking to close to 4 dealers I am looking to get OTD price of $35,500 so yes your price w/ Nav with a difference of approx $1900 is a decent price.
  • scottyd5scottyd5 Member Posts: 1
    I think we got just about the last new 2013 EX-L RES in east TN yesterday. Internet manager quoted $33,387, and we said he needed to come down another $2000. He came down another $1,000 on vehicle price, but gave us $500 Honda flex cash and an added $500 allowance on our trade (which I felt was already a very fair deal). So, the vehicle price on our deal sheet says $32,304, but I feel like we got it for $31,304. I guess the lesson is there's always a way for the dealer to create a little more wiggle room, especially with a trade.

BTW, we almost went with the Quest due to the smokin' deals you can get right now. The interior is SWEET, we just weren't totally sold on the exterior. They're worth a look for the price, though.
  • dinh_henrydinh_henry Member Posts: 19
    Just brought home a 2014 Touring Elite White/Truffle including protection package, Window tin, Pin stripe and 5 Year/100K warranty $44,830 OTD ($1,330 for the Warranty). I was pre-approved for 2.49%, but the Dealer tried to sell me the Warranty, so they buy down the loan to 1.49 (60 months), so I ended up paying $560 for the Warranty. I hope this is a good deal?
  • sdinfiniti8sdinfiniti8 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for 2014 Odyseey EX-L with Nav. in San Diego area. Has anyone in my area got buying experience to share?
  • stallion_vstallion_v Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    So, just got a 2014 Odyssey EX at out of door price of $31500 which include free dealer add ons like wheel locks, rail and door guards totaling $699. This near San Jose CA
    It was all by chance when I went shopping and the first one I went to offered a unbelievable price of $30k OOD (including alarm and lo jack and wheel locks $2000)since it was closing time and they had a bad day, I was unsure since I was not sure if the price was right (being my first time) and also my wife was not with me and I did not want to end up surprising her with something she would be shocked by. So I did not take it ( and I still regret).
    Next day I called a ton of dealers and checked and they laughed at me saying this was unbelievable since invoice price for all in that area is $30,300 so why would someone undersell by $3000(10% for tax).
    Anyways the next day the dealer did not give that price and was offering $31,500 which as well fell through since I was not sure. All dealers told me even $31,500 OOD without accessories is unbelievable. Finally the deal broke down but another dealer close to me offered me that price if I financed. So I finally did get it for $31,500 + free $699 package Out of door. Vehicle price little under (29k)

My question is regarding a few extras that we got from dealer

1. Alarm system to ensure if someone smashes your windows or hits the car hard it goes Bonkers - $699
    2 .Perma Plate - Interior and exterior quotes with special layers, protecting the colors and making seats stain and water proof. Warranty for 7 years to cover any damage (color or interiors ) and fix it for no cost $660.
    We have 2 infants and thought we would surely need this to protect the seat and so was a no brainer for us
    3. Honda servicing - 4 years 48k - $770 (includes all servicing, labor and parts). We were also offered 3 years 36k for $670 but I thought this was better.
    4. Honda Care - 7 years 80k - $1590

Most of this sounds reasonable except may be Honda Care which reading on other forums
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef0eeb7 seems like we could have got way cheaper online ($890 same care).

I went back to dealer and asked and he said we can cancel Honda care and Maintenance within 61 days no issues. But he said people are not allowed to sell it online, why else would Honda allow only dealers to sell it. He said what they are giving is the best price in town and said I need to do my research and be very sure before canceling and switching to some one selling it online. He said get at lease one guy in CA or around who has bought it from online sites, which at least guarantees it work.
    Basically he was very upfront and honest about it.

Please let me know your thoughts. Also do we need both Honda care and servicing or only one like Honda Care. Also how do u get Sentinel services? Sorry for multiple questions. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
  • allavalonsallavalons Member Posts: 67
    Honda Care through the dealers mentioned in this forum is not buying online. You send an email to the various dealers mentioned on this site, they email you back the prices for the options you want.
    You then can call them and buy over the phone, (I'd never put my credit card number in an email). It's really that simple, and it's NOT online. You will get your Honda Care Warranty in the mail within a couple of weeks and it is real Honda Care and honored by all Honda Dealers, or you can stay with the price your dealer offerred and overpay by several hundred $$.
  • ny_danny_dan Member Posts: 12
    Which dealer did you get this price from?
  • venkubvenkub Member Posts: 2
    That's awesome deal IMO. Congratulations on getting the deal.
    Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer where you got this deal.
    I am also shopping for Odyssey in San Jose Bay Area.

Thanks,
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Dealers do not set intrest rates. If the dealer wrote the loan at 1.49% that is the rate for which you qualified. Dealers do have access to loan resources which you may not have. In many cases, they can find a better rate. That is why it is always a good idea to allow the dealer an opportunity to find a better rate.

In this case it appears the dealer was less than honest about the financing.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Dealers do not set interest
    rates. If the dealer wrote the loan at 1.49% that is the rate for which you qualified. Dealers do have access to loan resources which you may not have. In many cases, they can find a better rate. That is why it is always a good idea to allow the dealer an opportunity to find a better rate.

In this case it appears the dealer was less than honest about the financing.
    All,

Best price I got so far is 36,000. They are also giving me 1000 loyalty cash that require financing to use. I don't know if there is any catch of the loyalty cash is as well.

In additional to that, they want to charge me $895 for factory remote starter which I know is crazy. MSRP for the factory remote is only 399. Hence they want to charge 500 for installation.

I'm considering the VIPER smartstart but concern about factory warranty.
    Thanks.
    Yes by online I meant getting quotes and then purchasing over the phone.
    I would surely not want my CC info in an email.

My dealer told me that if you can get it from outside ($890 7yrs/80k) at a much lower price why would honda allow them to sell it at that price ($1590)?
    But he said i can shop around and cancel if I get a better deal.

In fact I got one for $840 from collegehillshonda.com but am just not sure if these dealers are allowed to sell in California and I may face obstacles in case I try to use them here.

Has anyone bought and used these in CA ?
  • rviradiarviradia Member Posts: 44
    As part of the negotiation I was able to get them to do that remote starter for $318 installed.
    Which dealer was that?
  • rohinikumarmvrohinikumarmv Member Posts: 7
    if you don't mind can you share details of the salesperson whom you worked with? I might as well go buy with him.
    Does anyone have a good photo of the truffle interior? Dealer don't have it on display.

Thanks
  • bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    Just search ebay or something for honda trouffle. It is the color you want, kind of a lighter charcoal with a hint of brown, the tan is too light if you have kids it will be destroyed
  • james99wjames99w Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Hi Vkalyanam

I am in the market to purchase 2014 odyssey EXL in NJ.
    Is 35,499 OTD price?.. If not, what was the OTD price?
    Could you also please share the dealer where you purchased?
    Sorry for the delay. We bought it from South Bay honda of milpitas. You can ask for Jennifer or Roberto they were outstanding.

Wish you all the best
    Hope u get a great deal
    Sorry for the delay. We bought it from South Bay honda of milpitas. You can ask for Jennifer or Roberto they were outstanding.

Wish you all the best
    Hope u get a great deal
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Your answer is only partially true. Some dealers have agreements with banks that allow them to adjust the interest rate charged and earn commissions thereon. This is even more true with leases where dealers often mark up the money factor. There are usually limits on how much dealers can mark it up.

Second, while it is often a good idea to allow the dealer a chance to beat the interest rate you were offered by your bank or credit union, keep in mind the fact that the dealer's finance manager will do a "hard" credit inquiry, which will drop your credit score. It's too complicated to say how much your score will change, but if your score is barely good enough for the best rate tier, the extra inquiry could knock you out of contention for the best rate.
  • lowespittlowespitt Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Pittsburgh Area - Today

Sales Price: $34,500 after $500 Flex Cash + TTL
    Installed Options: Roof rails, crossbars, splash guards, and 2 additional headsets
    Financed at 1.9% for 60 months.

After the deal was made, the dealer said his dead cost including the options was $34,569. He also acknowledged that he was still making money after holdback and HTB. Take that for what it is worth.
  • jkisselljkissell Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a '14 odyssey, EX-L w/RES from jeff Wyler colerain. Paid 33878 + destination fee. Thought that was a good price.
  • didedide Member Posts: 3
    Hi, where did you get this from. Can you share? Did you get the extended warranty or anything else included - all weather mats, roof racks, etc?
  • runnerlancerunnerlance Member Posts: 3
    FYI, internet manager at Poway Honda said they will sell 2014 Odysseys at invoice + TTL. One question though, slightly unrelated to this thread, does the EX-L w/o nav have a small capacity hard drive for downloading my wife's CD's, or is an audio hard drive only available on models equipped with the HDD audio/navigation system? We hope to make a decision soon.

Thanks
  • tintin58tintin58 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer you got your odyssey? I am in the market to get one soon. Thanks in advance.
    Does the $31,998 number include destination fee, taxes in IL, documentation fee? I'm in IL as well and curious is this is OTD pricing or before the taxes were applied. Thank you.
  • j621j621 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Columbus, OH, Can someone share their OTDs for 2014 EX? The best offer I got is $32000 including $29500+TLL. Wondering if the dealer could go OTD as $30500-30100?
  • austin2001austin2001 Member Posts: 1
    Did the price included TTL or any extra accessories for the car?
  • antheaguoantheaguo Member Posts: 2
    Is there any people who bought the Odyssey 14 EX-L around San diego? I wonder if we can buy a little bit cheaper than the window price. The Carlsbad Honda Dealer doesn't have an emotion to sell us at a reduced price.

The Carlsbad Toyota is the one want to sell Sienna at good price. sucks!
  • runnerlancerunnerlance Member Posts: 3
    I was at Poway Honda last Saturday. Internet manager said he will sell 2014 Odysseys at invoice + destination + TTL.
  • antheaguoantheaguo Member Posts: 2
    Poway Honda sales called me said, for odyssey 2014 exl, price is 3400+ tax+doc fee. Not that good.
  • psoricapsorica Member Posts: 15
    Anyone have rates for October/November?

MF & residual for an S, SE or Titanium... 10K/36m is fine
    It included mats and mud guards
    Got this from cincinnati. No extended warranty. Got mud guards.
  • cheapreadingcheapreading Member Posts: 32
    Paid $38109 + Tax, Title, Doc which is $1000 below invoice.
    What dealership did you buy from?
  • ucsdjoshucsdjosh Member Posts: 2
    hi. Im new to this forum. Can someone tell me the November money factor and residuals for both the EX and EX-L on a 36 month 12k/yr lease?
    Also has anybody ever used a car buying service like truecar to secure a negotiated cap cost and use that number for the lease? If you are doing your own negotiations with internet sales via email or phone should you disclose to them that you may be leasing instead of buying - or will they treat you differently?
    Looking to lease in the next couple of weeks so any help would be appreciated. thanks!
  • teej2010teej2010 Member Posts: 4
    I am in suburban Maryland outside of DC and trying to determine if my current offers are any good.
    Dealer 1 offered 39,245 (38,415 + 830 destination) plus 200 doc fee for $39,445 (tax and title extra).
    Dealer 2 matches that at 39,245 (38,415 + 830 destination) with doc fee of 189 for $39,484 (tax and title extra).
    Are these deals any good?

We want roof rails and an extra key. Since these are available aftermarket I just called around to see costs at various dealers. So far the lowest offers are $309 for the roof rack and $275 for the extra key. We are not looking for any other dealer installed stuff, but is there anything experienced Honda owners suggest?
  • pristine11pristine11 Member Posts: 3
    Those seem to be really good prices considering 39,104 is invoice price, and a $850 or so dealer holdback (2% of base MSRP) putting the dealer true cost around $38200 (minus any other undisclosed kickbacks from Honda). Do you mind sharing which dealerships you are working with?
  • sdinfiniti8sdinfiniti8 Member Posts: 3
    how much is the invoice for 2014 EX-L in SD?
  • oddsey_2014oddsey_2014 Member Posts: 4
    I got my Odyssey Elite for $42k Out of the door.

Have purchased Honda care extended warranty for 1560$
    also got Honda service plan for 1050$

is this good price ?
  • pristine11pristine11 Member Posts: 3
    I've been reviewing a few different Touring offers over the last few days. I've gotten 2 offers for a Touring in the $37,xxx range + destination now. There's also $500 flex cash floating around, putting prices at almost $2000 under invoice.
  • amintyhondaamintyhonda Member Posts: 1
    I originally felt like I got a good deal but after seeing these posts regarding prices paid for touring perhaps I didn't.

Initial Price of 34,800k--after taxes and everything I was at $35,737 and this is with a lifetime or 250k mile powertrain warranty.

Opinions?
  • gethonda1gethonda1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I got a quote for 2014 Honda Touring for $38,100 (includes destination) + tax,title etc.
    Do you think its a good price?...can some one suggest any better prices/dealers in MD/VA ?

Thanks
  • drjyothidrjyothi Member Posts: 12
    what does this mean as far as price before taxes and fees. Can you state MSRP vs amount you paid? Thanks