Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Owners: Events

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Honda
Have you attended a recent CRV event? Talk about it here.

Please let me know of any upcoming events so I can include them under "additional resources".

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• bobgordonbobgordon Member Posts: 156
    Hi,
    I am organizing the first Midwest Honda CR-V meet. This event will be held on Sept. 22nd and Sept 23rd at the Fabyan Woods Forest Preserve in Geneva, Illinois. The park is located about 35 miles west of Chicago, Illinois on Route 25, north of Fabyan Parkway. Close to interstates I-88 and I-90. I have reserved a picnic shelter, with cooking grills, for those two dates in case people can't make it for both. The preserve is heavily wooded along the Fox river. It does not allow any camping but many hotels near by or any off-roading. But since this is the first meet, and kind of late notice, we can plan for next years meet.
    I am looking for any sponsor's who might be interested in helping out with this event.
    Hope to see you there and look for further post's.
    Thanks. Bob
  • sluglineslugline Member Posts: 391
    More details to come. :)
    I have designated Tortuga Coastal Cantina on the Seawall as the initial gathering point for lunch, with a proposed excursion to San Luis Pass as the follow-up.

The official meet site is http://galveston.texasbluebetty.com.

October 6 . . . October 6 . . . October 6!
  • varmitvarmit Member Posts: 1,125
    Nice job with the web page, Vince. Being a Yankee from the Nor' East, I won't be able to make it, but it looks like fun. :-)
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I've added your info page to the Additional Resource box. Be sure to tell us how it went!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    The "unofficial" site is

http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/BobsVerdeV.html

See you there!

• varmitvarmit Member Posts: 1,125
    Bobby - Page looks great! I'm taking the time (and spending the cash) to go to Gator's Scrub in FLA, so I can't make your event. Sometimes Boston isn't the right place to live. Good luck!
    I've added your event to the Additional Resources box!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Crossposting a bulletin by one of the organizers:

"Due to the recent tragedy on the East Coast, the trip is canceled. We will keep you up to date for the rescheduled date. Hope to see you on the next camping trip."

I am leading the October 6 event in Galveston, and I am still intending on making that happen.

Bob's Midwest Meet is two weekends from today; I wonder if that will be able to happen. . . .
    The MWCR-V meet in on as scheduled.

Due to the number of sponsors I have, it would be difficult to reschedule, but not impossible.

The dates for the meet are Sept. 22nd and 23rd.

All details of the MWCR-V meet can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/bobbyg157/BobsVerdeV.html

E-mail me if you have any questions and look forward to seeing you.

Just wanted everyone to know that the eight of us that got together on Galveston Island had a blast with our five CR-Vs. I hope to put together a full writeup in the next few weeks, but for now, here's a shot of our cars in the shadow of the San Luis Pass bridge:

Thank you Edmunds.com and bobgordon for the T-shirts!!!!
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Another meet coming up in March. A description of last year's meet can be found here at this site. Another write-up (written by your's truly =) ) can be found in the CR-V IX library.

Details of the Trip:

Friday Night (March 29th)

For those arriving Friday night I will make some plans for a dinner. I will wait to make specific plans until we know how many may be coming in on Friday.

Saturday (March 30th)

Breakfast - location TBD - 10:00am

Visit Kinzua Bridge State Park - When this viaduct was built in 1881, it was the world's highest and longest railroad bridge at 301 feet tall and 2053 feet long.

Drive to Smethport, PA - This is a small historical community with a great many unique buildings and small shops. If this trip turns out to be a non-family trip this stop may be dropped. Smethport features the "world's first year round Christmas Store" or so they claim.

Drive to Kane, PA - We will stop here for lunch. Kane is known as the Black Cherry Capitol of the World. There are several restaurants to eat at here.

Drive up Route 6 - This is a national scenic route. We will take Route 6 accross the ANF to route 59.

Kinzua Dam - This was a spectacular site last year. Due to it being very cold we didn't stay and enjoy it for very long.

Long House Scenic Drive - ONLY IF THE WEATHER IS GOOD. This is a drive down the Resavoir that the Dam created. If the weather is good we should be able to travle these forest roads and see a great many wondeful views of the resavoir. If the weather is bad this item will be skipped and we will head back from the Dam.

Dinner - We will have dinner. I will not plan evening events after dinner so people can break off as family groups or go do things with
    people they have met.

Sunday (March 31st)

Breakfast and Goodbyes - location TBD - 9:30am

Here's a few pics from the St. Augustine Scrub.

This is a road sign somewhere in Georgia. I thought it was appropriate given the purpose for the drive.

Here we are playing the back nine. We took advantage of a golf course under construction and did a little lite off-roading.

Another pic from the fairway.

This is Thai making his way through the trails.

• tomsrtomsr Member Posts: 325
    If there is one or you want to start one
    please E-mail me.(tomargee@juno .com)
  • vtecrules7vtecrules7 Member Posts: 1
    Time is coming up for the 2nd annual Midwest CR-V Meet.

Here is the "official" site for the meet.

http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/2002_Midwest_CR-V_Meet.html

Remember to check back at the site often as I will be adding links.
    Thanks.
    GoongalaGoonga :)

Some CR-V owners will be organizing an outing to the Houston Auto Show on Saturday, April 13 (opening day). Stay tuned. <GRIN>

http://www.houstonautoshow.com

For the post to the "2002 May Midwest CR-V Meet" under "Helpful Links"
    :)
    You're welcome!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
    OK, I have a webpage up for this event:

http://autoshow.texasbluebetty.com

Basically, we'll meet at a McDonald's down the street from Reliant Center for lunch, then head on to the show.

KarenS, will Edmunds be connected with this event in any way? Or are they just concerned with the covering "biggies" -- Detroit, NYC, LA and Chicago.
    I don't know if this one is on the Editors' roster, but I'll ask and let you know.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
    Ten days and counting until CR-V owners are going to the Houston Auto Show! (http://autoshow.texasbluebetty.com)
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. The word is you won't be seeing any Edmunds.com representatives at the Houston show.

If possible, be sure to post some pics of CR-V owners and yourself at the show!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

This was my "entourage" on Saturday. I wanted to say "hello" again to Virgil and his dad (darn, forgot his name again!), who found out what we were up to via Edmunds Town Hall. Honda's main thrust at this show was promoting the new CR-V. Ironically, we spent almost no time at the show looking at the CR-V -- we had slready gotten an up-close-and-personal look at Virgil's '02 during the lunch hour before heading to Reliant Center!

Here is our group pondering the Model-X/Element concept. As one person said, the whole show was the car nut's equivalent of being let loose in a candy store. If American Honda would continue to send me more free tickets, I'll be glad to host a trip like this again!!!
    Great photos!

Thanks for posting them!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
    Due to unforeseen commitments, the May Midwest CR-V Meet has been cancelled.

But, it looks like it will be rescheduled for the weekend of June 22nd or 29th.

Sorry if this has caused you any problems.

Stay tuned!
    GoongalaGoonga.
    The new dates are June 22nd and 23rd. :)

Check it all out here at; http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/2002_Midwest_CR-V_Meet.html

Karen, if you don't mind, could you please make note of this at "Helpful Links."

Thanks. Bob

Done!

Hope you have some good weather that weekend.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
    OK, time is now to start packing.

I plan on leaving Friday about noon for the 5 hour drive to Eau Claire Wisconsin.

Weather sounds good as does the trails so hope to see you there.

GoongalaGoonga

http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/2002_Midwest_CR-V_Meet.html

Drive safe!

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."

- Daniel Webster

I started contacting folks a while back about this meet. This will be a long drive for some, and I feel badly about that, but TRUST ME the area is absolutely worth the extra gas! It's stunning! Quite possibly the most breathtaking natural scenery in New England.

The agenda is still under construction, but this should give you an idea of what we hope to do.

Let the games begin! This event will be the world's first Honda SUV Olympics. Many events are team oriented, so be prepared with breath mints and an opening joke; you may need to make friends. There will be many events, but I'll only describe one as a teaser... It's called "Blindfolded AutoCross". Don't worry, it's safer than following a Kia in rush hour. A driver and co-pilot will attempt to navigate around a small course made from traffic cones. The driver will be blindfolded and must take directions from his/her co-pilot. Vehicles with built in NAV will only be allowed to play if they cover the console.

I'm working with a fellah at Cannon Mt. to see about using their facilities for parking, food, and space to play games. Cannon is a well known ski resort in the Winter, but the tram runs people to the top for a breathtaking view of the whole Notch. Click here for a pic of one of the little mountains.

This area is heaven on earth for both serious hikers and day trekkers. There's also ATVs for rent, fishing, paintball, antiques, outlet shopping, camping, watersports... did I mention the Hondas? The Lincoln and Woodstock chamber of commerce has a good selections of links, but there is much, much more in this area.

As always, there will be a gift give away and fun for everyone. I'm working on getting gifts that will work for Pilots and CR-Vs of both generations.

If you are interested, please post here or contact me by e-mail. If we've already been in touch, you're good. Thanks everyone! I think this could be the biggest and best rally yet!

For those of you thirsting for more information about the Honda SUV Olympics. There you go. Click away...
  • chuckk1chuckk1 Member Posts: 13
    More info pls? Can't seem to tap into the www link posted by varmint.
    Does the link in the sidebar work for you?
    Chuckk1 - Hmmm... Maybe it's a browser problem. The links work for me. Anyway... What sort of information do you need?

The meet starts at 10:00 am on August 24th, at Cannon Mt. Ski Resort. It's a one day event, but many of us will be there for the whole weekend.

There are plenty of hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and local inns. The area is surrounded by stunning natural scenery and has a large tourist industry supporting it. There's no lack of things to do.

The meet includes a tram ride to the summit of Cannon Mt. (over 4,000 ft.), and a road rally through the Notch. We'll also be holding the world's first Honda SUV Olympics. Medalists will receive prizes and we'll have a raffle for other donations. Speaking of which, Edmunds.com has generously donated Edmunds Live T-shirts. We have enough for us to give one to everybody! There are some fun (but not challenging) dirt trails in the area, as well.

We already have a good number of registered attendees, but I'm always looking for more. We have folks coming from NY, CT, RI, MA, and Montreal. We even had a CR-Ver from Miami who was interested (his wife couldn't get the time off from work). It should be a pretty big group!

I think that about covers it. If I haven't answered all of your questions, feel free to drop me an e-mail. I can e-mail you a flyer, as well.
    We had a great time. We parked under the shadow of Cannon Mountain, traded stories, played games, and enjoyed the scenery. Here's a pic taken by Diana; owner of the only 2002 at the rally.

Okay folks, it's been two years since the last post in this thread. And that post was for the same event I'm plugging now!

2004 Honda SUV Olympics

As Community Leader, Commander and Chief, Grand Poobah, and Supreme Overlord I do hereby decree that the games shall begin.

Where? Lincoln, NH

When? July 31st

Who? Any Honda SUV owner and their rig. That includes Elements and Pilots.

What? Fun and games in one of New England's most spectacular natural landscapes.

Why? This is one weekend when you won't have to mow the lawn. C'mon, what else where you going to do?

We are meeting at Cannon Mt. in New Hampshire's Franconia Notch State Park. We have a spot near the Tramway to the summit. Post here or e-mail if you have specific questions about the location.

Prizes include t-shirts donated by our wonderful forum hosts, Edmunds.com. We also have gift certificates for an OEM accessory dealer along with medals for the winners of the day's events.

Speaking of events, these are "fun and games" events. Your vehicle need not be in racing spec to compete.

My e-mail is in my profile. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798

When: Saturday, July 30th
    (rain date: Sunday, July 31st)

Where: FDR Park
    (a.k.a. Mohansic State Park)

Time: Noon until

Refreshments: BYOF&D

RSVP: by posting on "The other site"

We really like to call it the BYOF&D Event (bring your own food & drink)
    All we need is for other members to join us!

Come on! Don't be shy! This will be a fun-filled, relaxing way to start the summer.

FYI: There will not be any door prizes or special events. This is just a time for all of us to get to know one another. Oh yeah, and to eat too!

Don't forget to bring your own hibachis, frisbee's footballs, baseball equipment, soccer balls, bikes, folding chairs, etc., along with your food and drink.

For Directions and a little more info about the park, http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=139

Hosted by the NEMC

Sorry, as per Edmunds rules can't post link to the site that is hosting it, but come anyway.
  • hgpbrendacrvhgpbrendacrv Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to organize a meet in Watkins Glen for a weekend of racing and wineries. anyone on here interested in attending can :confuse: POST ME A MESSAGE... :confuse:
    I am VERY interested :-)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol, right answer Dave. ;)

Steve, Host
    Racing and wine... Good combo.

Unfortunately, I'm too busy playing daddy and being a homeowner to free up any more weekends. But save yourselves. Go on without me...
  • bshelbshel Member Posts: 232
    I'm interested. I'm over in Rochester for part of July 8th, so I'll be available for part of the festivities.
    There is a Honda SUV (CR-V, Element, Ridgeline, Pilot, MDX, RDX) meet near Albany, NY this weekend.

Details here
    The evnet went well. No one from Edmunds showed up... :cry:

• vic49vic49 Member Posts: 5
    Anyone planning an event for Honda SUV owners in New England area this year??
    There is a 6th annual Georgia chapter of HondaSUV meet in Bar Harbor ME in June. Details are at HondaSUV website, which I am not allowed to link. So, google is your friend.
This discussion has been closed.