Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Cabrio

Comments

• atayavieatayavie Member Posts: 1
    Oh my god, I know. Innately I know my cabrio sucks, but it's my first car & I just can't help loving it. I've put probably $1000 into it since I bought it, but, the more I care for it the more I love it. Who knows why.
  • jbuchinskijbuchinski Member Posts: 2
    Hello Gym,
    I have a 95 Cabrio and the radio is in safe mode, but it doesn't come up with the 1000. Is that strange or common?
  • ditto1ditto1 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with the back small window. I had the motor go out in tthe front drivers side. Instead of paying the fortune they wanted I got a manual unit out of a junk yard. Popped a hole where the outline for a manual crank is on the panel. And now I have a window that works great and looks factory,all for $40.
    If you have an answer to the window problem I would like to know.
  • cabbigirl77cabbigirl77 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Heather here and new to the site. I am one of the parents of a 92 yellow cabi and a 85 thats being worked on in the garage! Austin the other parent is the one who works on them I just sit back and hand him the tools hehe Anyhow hoping to get some good idea's on what to transform the 85 into..thought about restoring it but It has about as much as nothing in it, which gives us open idea's, we were thinking of tearing off the top and turning it into a lil VW pick up...something you dont see every day. Tho it has been done.
  • momtozeusmomtozeus Member Posts: 1
    Thinking of buying a 99 Cabrio for my soon to be 16 year old daughter. It has 60,xxx miles on it. All electricals worked on test drive. What sure i be aware of? Are parts difficult to find? It felt solid and has airbags. It is priced at $8350. Thanks for a quick reply :)
  • princesserin19princesserin19 Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: I just bought a 2000 cabrio.. and it was the biggest mistake.. it is a veryy cute little car!!! and my car is 7 years old and it only has 54 thousand miles on it.. the night that i drove it off the lot.. the check engine light came on and i have had nothing but problems with it..

just thought you should know.. i wouldnt do it if i were you..
  • princesserin19princesserin19 Member Posts: 2
    The VW people are so rude they have no manners.. what so ever.. These cars suck
  • chuck173chuck173 Member Posts: 1
    Funny, I have been debating trading in my car for one of these...seems like a fun, small car with decent gas mileage. I must be dumb because I keep seeing posts like yours and still find myself considering it. I don't know anybody that has one...did you have yours checked by a mechanic beforehand? Do you have to have it serviced at VW? Are parts that expensive and is it that poorly made? After all this, why am I still on the fence! :confuse:
  • kat43kat43 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2000 Cabrio GLS and it only came with a valet key. In the book I got with it(original manual), it shows that originally it came with 2 switch blade keys, a valet key, and a tag. When I talked to my local VW dealership they say that the 2000 Cabrio does not have a switch blade key it has a "banjo" type remote. Can anyone tell me what they have for their 2000 Cabrio? Thanks for your help!! :confuse:
  • ffoouurrffoouurr Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 1998 VW Cabrio, which i love. However, i bought the 6 disk cd changer to go into the trunk, but am unsure what to do next. If figured the connection was in the trunk, but i cannot find it. So is there something i need to buy or a place that i missed? Help? :confuse:
  • jujupjujup Member Posts: 2
    I only have one key to my car but we contacted the VW dealership and to get another I think you have to give them some sort of number and they have to make it for you. I have a 2000 model with laser cut keys and they can only be made by VW itself. Kind of stinks but in a way good so no one can easily copy your keys. :)
  • jujupjujup Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Cabrio GL. When I bought it, it didn't have the owner's manual or the boot for the car. My dad bought a boot from M&T Manufacturing so that I'd have one, but I can't seem to figure out how to put it on. There's no elastic or anything that hooks that I can tell. It did, however, come with two screw like things that snap I guess. Anyone by chance know how it might go on or even able to tell me how the original goes on? Any help is appreciated.
  • simplyhanksimplyhank Member Posts: 1
    I've got a 92 vw cabriolet. the cap rotor and plugs were burn't severly. it had a misfire and after the tune up the miss is even worse. ive heard of everything from firing order to injectoe to a bad ecm.are there any ideas??
  • ffoouurrffoouurr Member Posts: 2
    the cd changer wiring is under the rear seat plugged into a plastic mount on the floor on the right side
  • gfish2gfish2 Member Posts: 3
    WOW WOW WOW It was near 80 degrees today ! All day I couldn't wait til after work to put the top down and...Take the long way home ! I am feeling good again ! ginger
  • sgerlachsgerlach Member Posts: 17
    I'm the original owner of a 2000 Cabrio GLS. It came with one valet key and two regular keys with a banjo type remote on each of the regular keys. Also came with a tag to use for ordering purposes.
  • lindymac22lindymac22 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone else having issues with their VW cabriolet? Here is what I have experienced in the 7 years, 48,000 miles that I have owned and driven it:

1. Tires leaked air when it was brand new due to a bad seal at the rim. Had to replace tires - not covered under warranty.
    2. Electrical system problems - blew fuses constantly - after $1840 later they told me it was due to a bad seal around the window letting rain/water into the door where the window motor and mirror motors are located, thus shorting them out.
    3. Exhaust system bracket always comes loose and makes a huge clunking noise. Service dept always wants to replace the exhaust system instead of just the bracket. This has happened at least 3 times in 7 yrs and I have had the exhaust system replaced once with no improvement!
    4. Engine check light comes on more often than not. I did what it suggested in the owner's manual to let the air out of the gas line and then close the tank cover tightly. Did this fix it? NOOOOOOOO! I have had to take it in to the service center once a year to get it fixed at of course a hefty cost. This time they told me it was due to badly deteriorated vacuum hoses - another $183 down the tubes!
    5. Next on the list was an anti-freeze leak which they could fix for another $300.
    6. Plastic molded support for passenger seat cracked and to replace it - another $73.

The list goes on and on. I could have paid for my daughter's college with what I have put into this "lemon"!

Is anyone else having these problems with their Cabriolet?
    My husband and I have taken great car of this car. I drive it on the open highway but only around 6800 miles per year. Keep it in our garage when not driving it. Have kept up the regular maintenance on it, etc. We have a Grand Cherokee Jeep that is also a 2000 and has 138,000 miles on it and we have not had any major expenses with that car. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has similar issues.
  • jade98jade98 Member Posts: 4
    Ok. Jade is a green 98 vw cabrio.

So far I had some problem with here. Now i know my car quite well, so i know how she is suppose to sound.

I have a rattling sound ... clink clink towards the front drivers side.
    I get to 30mph and it strains to shift into gear ... once i hit 40, I'm ok to go.

Rain and Jade dont seem to mix very well. Puddle or no puddle ... my engine seems to always get wet somehow and I have to wait till all the water sputters out before she will start ... once that happens, she runs quite fine.

I also get an annoying smell inside her every now and again. Smells like the engine.

I have an oil leak it seems. Mechanic and dealer looked at me funny when I went to buy the car, i popped the hood and stuck my hand under the engine ... to their surprise ... my hand was soaked with oil ... so it was supposedly fixed. well yesterday i went about cleaning my baby, popped the hood and there it was again. a puddle of oil sitting on the engine thingymajiggy.

I cant seem to fill my tank up completely, or maybe it is full and the indicator just isn't working ... but its always just one bar shy of full.

my radio volume wont go pass 20 without turning the radio on and off ... so i have to keep it at 17/18 no more then 19. I'm a huge music lover and I catch a lot of traffic on my daily commute to and from work via washington dc and alexandria md.
    i like to pump my stereo at 25 singing along and not stressing that I will be in traffic for a good hour.

My brakes just seems to exhaust themselves ... i hear squeaking. Friday I had to push all the way down to the floor for Jade to stop. Drove her yesterday, while the squeaking was there, it wasn't as loud as friday and I tapped the breaks and she came to a stop. whats that all about?

Bout a week ago, i figured how to put the backseat down.

Also she came with 1 key ... so not good. Where can i get an additional key?

I dont know much bout cars but under Jade's hood dont look good. Her wiring all seems old and deteriorated. One of them I have to check periodically to make sure its plugged in.

Aside from that, Jade runs so smoothly. I love her so much and hope to have her forever. However, I'm a girl and mechanics seems to think we're fools. I want her fixed but i dont want to be taken either. So if anyone had any of the following problems fixed. please let me know whats the average price range of the repairs.

Also i have been advised of a transmission flush for the gear shifting problem
    A oil gasket cover change ( it think thats how he worded it) for the oil leak on the engine.
    New breaks all around for the squeaky brakes ... i think i have pads in front and drums in back.

As far as the rain thing goes ... people seemed confused when this is mentioned ... i guess they dont understand unless witnessed ... anyone else had that problem? if so, what do you do?
    I was thinking maybe rims or bigger tires to bring Jade up an inch or two might help.

I love my baby though and just want her taken care of well so that she may last :blush:
  • snosnamsnosnam Member Posts: 1
    My only complaints with my VW has been the horrible dealership (and only option) in Shreveport, LA.

I have a 2001 GLS (bought new to replace an 88 Cabriolet, bought new), after 5 years 5 months the roof started to become unglued and split on the back seam just above the rear window -- slowly but surely split all the way open and I found an upholsterer to replace it for close to $1,300. just this spring on a trip to mardi gras the check engine light came on and for around $300 I'm replacing an air filter. Other than oil changes that's pretty much all I've had to put into it - and it was the same for the '88.

I have managed to lose all but 1 set of keys and have just ordered the banjo remote from KeylessRide.com for $45. The service dept at Moffitt said I could only get it from the dealer and it would be well over $200, so tonight I'm searching. I found the key blank at their partner site but the blank alone was around $45 as well.

I guess I've been lucky but I work at home so I've also got really low mileage.
  • ardieardie Member Posts: 1
    I have always been a Japanese car owner (Honda, Nissan) and just purchased a 2000 cabrio so I'm a little nervous. I've heard I need to find a non-dealer mechanic since repairs can be so costly. How do I go about finding one?
  • ceecee1ceecee1 Member Posts: 1
    Please help...I just purchased a 98 Cabrio. The odometer screen is blank. How can I get a reading? Is it the computer and where can I find this?
  • jade98jade98 Member Posts: 4
    SO i changed the front brakes....
    Boy did i have to shop around for that since the ppl in my life wouldnt let me do it myself. Once again cuz Im a female.

I went to several different places wanting to charge 120 per tire to this looney tune asking 480 bucks....I pulled out of tehre so fast i felt like speedy gonzalez.

Finally I went to the dealership mechanic and he chared me only 60 bucks to do the brakes. (I already bought the breaks)

Come to find out the brakes was fine, just cheap.

Newest problems. Fuses are burning like wildfire...just last night I parked Jade. 20 mins later came out turn the car on and headlights wouldnt come on. so i switch the fuse with another and voila headlights on.

Parked her again 10mins later and came out 30mins later and same problem. So once again i have to switch a fuse. and once again her headlights r beaming prooudly.

1 month agao, im driving it raining of course and Jade stops. she doesn't want to start again. Mind u it was 8pm when she stopped. By 11 pm i decided she was gone and i called a tow truch. Truck showed up at 2:30am. Got home at 3am.

9am Jade cranks up like nothing ever happened. yeah I was madd as hell at her. lol

Since I have had Jade, i think i've lost 20 lbs stressing over her.

Someone help me understand whats going on under that hood of her's
  • tinosmomtinosmom Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 98 Cabrio GLS and I really love it, except for one thing. Whenever I go above 60mph I hear a bum bum, bum bum sound. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone know what could be causing it? It seems to be coming from the back driver's side.
  • big_ibig_i Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time on this board so I figured I'd say hey. I've had a 1990 VW Cabriolet for about a year and a half now. I got it from a friend, for free actually, it's a long story, but it wasn't exactly in top notch shape. Over the years I've been progressively fixing it with my mechanic who is a solo guy and works only on German cars. I like picking my car up from him because when I go I get to see my car next to porches and the such.

Well over the years I've put a new top on, threw a new engine in from a GTI model (when the original died on me, on probably the coldest night tihs winter), which was relatively cheap at $800, got new tires that aren't bald, got new shocks and springs, which was abut $800 also.

It's been relaxing for a while, because I've been in Brazil for almost three months. Right now, it needs a new water pump, which is going to cost some. Eventually it needs a new pant job, seeing as who the first owner (I being the third) decided to paint it silver, but not paint it correctly, so the paint is peeling, leaving patches of the original blue. The paint job would be another $1000 approx.

I have a few questions for you vets. One, what can I do to prevent further damage to things like the water pump, what do you do to keep the top it good condition. The car leaves me some artist liberty to fixing it up, because the side paneling that one door is missing, I can't get a hold of. My main objective as of now is reliability, because I'll be going off to college and I don't want it to break down or have problems, so what are some longevity suggestions as well?
  • panishpanish Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

This is my first posting on this forum. I'm new and don't understand how all this works, but I'm grasping at all possible solutions to a current problem.

I have an 85 VW Cabriolet and it needs to be inspected by the end of July. Problem is the speedometer does not work and the mileage is the same as the last inspection. Can anyone provide clues or suggestions on how I can get this fixed? Please help.

Thank you.
  • momjennimomjenni Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2001. The "screw like things" actually snap onto the small little post thingys on each side of the back windows. Then you tuck the edges of the boot in all around. There are two tabby things on the bottom back of the boot on each side. Tuck these in and they are what actually holds the boot down. It all works fine and it's very simple. Good luck.
  • lylasxolylasxo Member Posts: 2
    " 9am Jade cranks up like nothing ever happened. yeah I was madd as hell at her. lol "

hahahaha!! i live in FL.. and EVERY day it rains and every day my fabcab decides.. i wanna break down.

i'm so glad to hear that the things that go wrong with my car and the same issues everyone else has. gotta love the cabrio.

is your top coming unglued?? what do i do to stop this madness?!!
  • jezebel1018jezebel1018 Member Posts: 2
    i had a similar situation w/my 2002 it turned out to be a wheel bearing
  • rainedawnrainedawn Member Posts: 2
    mine has the same problem? did you ever figure out what was wrong??? :sick:
  • rainedawnrainedawn Member Posts: 2
    ok i have a 95 cabrio, with 160,000 miles on it and i have alot of things wrong :sick:

1. my car doesnt like to go into first gear all the time, i put it in first and it goes right to third. sometimes i dont have a problem, and then sometimes it just wont go in.
    2. if its sitting in the rainning for a long period of time it wont start right away, it takes me like 4-5 times to get it started.
    3. there is a rattling noise in the lower part of the engine area.
    4. the muffler is loose.
    5. the passenger window doesnt work anymore
    6. the lock on the driver side stopped working, then the lock it self came out of the door handle.

does anyone have any experience with these problems, or know anything about these issues. i want to get my car back in good shape, but i dont want to spend lots of $$. hopefully i wont have to. anyway thanks for the feedback!
  • jimmyzeeneojimmyzeeneo Member Posts: 1
    Hello:

If it is insane to restore one Cabriolet, since it usually takes THREE parts cars to make ONE good one, I REALLY must be MAD to restore TWO at the same time. Well, if it is any consolation, restoring is both insane and rewarding; and if nothing else, they DO say there is a "fine line separating 'insanity and genius'," right?

Anyway, I am looking for a few parts. I need a Front Bumper Cover for the 1991 that I bought on Ebay and various small parts like an ashtray on the 1989. I also need side-strips that are missing on both cars, "Hella" High Beams for the 1991; and other assorted goodies, like boots for both tops. I tried buying some parts on Ebay, however I was ripped off; since Ebay did nothing to get my money back or the parts, I will NOT deal with them. This is a friendly request to find out if anyone knows of parts sources or even a wrecked/beat up parts car. These are fun little cars; someday they just might make it back on the road. Thanks for reading; and by the way, I am in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Gary, AT: JimmyZeeNeo@Yahoo.com
  • cabrio98cabrio98 Member Posts: 8
    Why do we own these cars?!! Every few months i wonder why i didn't buy that toyota rav 4 that's just as cute, but not a convertible. can you believe that toyotas have NO maintenance. I know b/c i've owned a few. But still, i'm stuck on my 98 Cabrio now 3 years, and it's a love, worry, anxiety, hate relationship. Why do I love this car? I have sunk over $3000 in repairs for it!

And yes, my top did start to come unglued, just along the back seam where the roof curves. I thought that it was b/c the top shrunk, and when i brought it in to have it repaired, the mechanic confirmed it w/o my even asking. I paid $950 for a supposed top of the line. i don't know. did i get ripped off? I got the top in July and this past week the back right corner of the top sunk in. i brought back to the mechanic and they think that the boughs are broken. has anyone else had this problem?

-Sambhavi
  • jharlessjharless Member Posts: 1
    Have you gotten an answer yet?
  • mmeadvtmmeadvt Member Posts: 1
    After you enter you 4 digit code, just press the RIGHT SEEK button all by itself and the radio comes on!!!!
  • aruncarunc Member Posts: 3
    Hi all I just purchased a used 2001 VW Cabrio GLX convertible with 51000 miles. I hope this thread stays active I would love to have a sound board for future joys/problems. I kind of fell in love quickly with this car. I am aware that repair frequency and cost on this car may be high and unusual so I am shopping for an extended warrenty and will be happy to share my findings with anyone who would like to know about them. That's all I just wanted to say "hi". By the way what would people suggest are some good extras to get for this car? I find the car very comfortable but would love a way to rest myarm and elbow towards the center console near the emergency break. Oh and as always additional cup holder augmentation device(s) advice is welcome!
    Thanks
    Arun C.
  • sarakisaraki Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I am just curious what you paid for it. I am going to sell mine. I just bought a new car. I hope you have good luck with yours. I have a friend who has bought two used ones over the years and been very happy. I bought mine new and it has had many problems over the years. One problem made them replace the control panel, which means they had to set the odometer back. There is a notice on the inside of the door, but this made the car unattractive as a trade in and so now have to try to find an individual to buy it.
    I have done research, but would like to know what people are paying for theirs. Thanks.
  • driveacabriodriveacabrio Member Posts: 5
    I'm still undecided if I should buy this car with 65,000 miles. I test drove it for at least 50 mostly highway miles and noticed any problems except for I have to push the clutch a little to far almost all the way to the floor everytime I shift it to 1st gear. It drove and handled very well on the highway and about a little wind noise when driving with the tops up. Carfax shows 2 owners and the mileage is about just for a 6 years old car. It also showed that the car has been in the shop 3 times because of electrical issues. I called my mechanic and he told me that it's a good car but the parts will be a little bit more pricey. I called several more mechanics around the area and two of them refused to work on this car. I never owned a VW and a little scared to buy it but I feel like I'm already falling on it. The owner is asking $7500.00 but I think I will get it for $6500.00.
  • aruncarunc Member Posts: 3
    Ok let's see I am a research hound when it comes to purchasing decisions so I can recommend three good ways to help price your vehicle you can enter their names in any search engine like yahoo/goggle. 1. Kelly Blue Book- 2. NADA 3. Edmunds TMV. Everyone knows not to buy a car at Kelly's suggested retail price it is a starting point for negotiations at the dealer your car will most probably sell for less then Kelly's retail. Generally most buyers feel a bit safer at a dealer knowing that at least the brakes and the tires had to have been inspected maybe replaced and they have some small amount of protection or recourse when buying a used car at a dealer if it is a lemon. That is why all of these guys(pricing books) have some sort of private party value lower then the retail sales price and I have found Edmunds TMV to be the most realistic as to what people will pay. Buyers also pay attention to the trade in price which is sometimes much less then the private party price so they know how much money they would lose if they have to get out of the car fast after buying. I am sorry the odometer thing well,... sucks- the first thing I did on any car I was serious about was ask for a carfax report to verify no major accidents, airbag deployments, mileage descrepency and type of title. If I might make a suggestion try to call carfax or simply run one on your own car and make sure they know about the odometer thing and try to get them to report the incident correctly. Also perhaps get some notarized documentation from the people who did the work to show prospective buyers you and your car are legitimate. I probably would not buy a car with an odometer issue unless the price was real good. It also makes the car difficult to find an extended warranty on because the mileage is hard to verify. In your dealings/car adv. with people while trying to sell you should emphasize that you love your car and did all the scheduled maintenance if you have all the receipts and records all the better, you should also point out that (if it is true in your state it is in AZ) tax, tag and title is cheaper via private party sale then if they go to a dealer . Finally perhaps you can use the odometer thing to help you sell your car tell them that if they tried to buy a car as nice as yours at a dealer or private party sale they would have to pay a couple thousand of dollars at least more but because of your easily explained and documented odometer issue you must price your car lower then it is really worth and they are getting a real bargain! At last to answer your question I paid $8700.00 for my car(2001 GLX (cherry condition) with 51000) which was below wholesale and retail by some books but a bit above trade in value by most. The owner was great wanted to see the car go to a good owner and throw in some great extras like a car cover and XM satellite radio. Give autotrader.com or your local paper a try and see what happens with your car and just my opinion here but service the car well before you put it up for sale fix anything you can that they find and then let the buyer know what you did and what if anything is still wrong with the car I kind of think the good Karma of doing that will pay back dividends one way or the other!
  • dsb249dsb249 Member Posts: 2
    Both the interior button and using the remote have stopped working the door locks. I looked at the fuse panel but didn't see a specific reference to power door locks. The trunk remote still works so I'm not sure if this is a vacuum problem or electrical.
    Thanks for your help
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and with such detail. I appreciate it!
  • sgtsbudsgtsbud Member Posts: 1
    I have a 97 Cabrio, and occasionally when I start the car the Tachometer and Speedometer wont work. If you turn the car off and let it sit for a while most of the time it will start working again. Has anyone had this problem before? Is there a way to fix it?
    HI, yes, i had the same a few years after i got my 2001 Cabrio. The dealer had to replace the control panel! I have had no probs with the controls since, but in changing it, they have to start your mileage over (or mine did) and then they put a notice on the inside of the car door that the mileage was changed at at what mile point. It does make it look fishy when trying to sell it.
  • cew613cew613 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, this is my first time posting. i just bought a 99 carbrio GLS with 96,000 miles and it didnt come with an owners manual. I was wondering how you put down the back seats and if i can install a keyless entry system. also the automatic roof is broken so i have to do it my self... any thing else you can tell me about the 99 cabrio gls i would love to know
    thanks
    clo
    I decided to buy this car 3 weeks ago and glad that I bought warranty ( 5 yr/100000 miles). The power door locks stopped working and VW dealer fixed it for $ 540.00 ( $340.00 vacuum + $200.00 labor ). Thanks to this forum, I learned here how expensive to maintain this car so that made me decide to buy extended warranty.

;)
  • craffieldcraffield Member Posts: 13
    I just recently bought a 98 VW Cabrio. My daughter has had hers for 5 years and loves it. She has over 175k miles on it and it is still going strong. I love the convertable top. I traded a 98 Jeep Wrangler Sport for it straight across - the dealer got the better end of that trade. But I get 27mpg around town (last fillup) so immediately I am saving money. (Main purpose for the trade).
    It rained heavily night before last - knock on wood no leaks. But this morning after 22 deg temps I opened the drivers side door (it did open) got in and started the car to warm it. When I tried to get out the inside door handles pulled like they were still locked (no resistance) and they would not open the doors. Rolled the window down and tried the outside handle - no go. Climbed out the window and back in when I had to go to work. When I got to work the doors opened fine. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks,
    Kelly
  • auto108auto108 Member Posts: 1
    I have a message "2 safe" on the radio and I can not input my
    code. What do I do to reset my radio?
    I think you push and hold the seek button and then use the arrows to set your 4 digit code.
    WRONG CODE NUMBER

If you've accidentally entered wrong code number "SAFE" will appear on the disply. Initially it'll flash, then stay on. You can repeat the procedure again ONE TIME. The number of attempts will appear in the disply.

If the wrong code number is entered again, the unit will be displayed for about 1 hour. LEAVE THE UNIT ON AND THE KEY IN THE IGNITION SWITCH FOR THIS HOUR. After the hour has elapsed, the number of attempts will stop being displyed and you can cancel the electronic lock once again. Remember, the cycle is ......

- 2 attempts
    - one hour locked.

(from 2001 Volkswagen Sound System)

booklet 3.4
  • plawhonplawhon Member Posts: 1
    My girlfriend has a 99 cabrio. I took it to the carwash the other day and somehow one of the black inserts thats on the lower part of the front bumper/valence is missing from the passenger side. I've looked for a replacement on many websites but don't know what the part is called so it's difficult and frustrating. Does anyone know what the part is called and where I can find one?
  • retlaw2retlaw2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 cabrio with a stuck or frozen brake. Last nights temp was around 15 deg. and the parking brake won't fully release. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for you help.