Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Escalade Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Cadillac
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Escalade!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• megasuvownermegasuvowner Member Posts: 64
    Hello to all you fellow escalade owners. I just joined the Escalade "club" on July 13th with the purchase of my black 2002 Escalade 4wd. I have turned my car into a project and so far i have tinted the windows and added vogue wheels and tires. I have front and rear brushguards that are awaiting to be attatched. While i was recently on vacation in Las Vegas i saw a number of customized 02 Escalades including an 02 stretched limo. Future customizing plans for my car include DVD entertainment system, a premium stereo system, custom exaust and more. I seriously doubt that i will take my truck off-roading but i also doubt that many 02 escalade owners will.

-Dave
  • mars24mars24 Member Posts: 3
    hello out there i waiting for my 02 escalade black price was $51,000 max out was that good or can i do better nj dealer i also mark would love to see that suv with those vogue wheels what rims are on those wheels. post a photo. any think i should look out for.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Should come with the Subaru-Isuzu owners crew to a light off-road trip to the Pine Barrens of NJ. Check this thread out:

http://i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=543bce2b2c716f667e19b432b656d056&threadid=130770

-mike

'00 Trooper

'88 XT6

'91 XT6

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A major daily newspaper is looking for luxury SUV owners to talk about why they bought their vehicles and what they like/dislike about them. Cadillac Escalade EXT and Lincoln Blackwood owners especially encouraged to respond. Please respond with your contact information and vehicle description to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than May 10.

Thanks!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • whatsnuwhatsnu Member Posts: 5
    My Escalade is 3 mos old and the air conditioning went out today. Mileage 3,300. Anyone else have any problems with air cond?
  • cobragmikecobragmike Member Posts: 21
    I live in the KC metro area, and just aquired an 02 Escalade AWD. Added 20" Boss 307 wheels and 285/50R20 Goodyear Eagle GT II's. I used a Diablo sport programmer to modify performance, and a few other cosmetic pieces. I have had all the fluids replaced, and all fiters replaced. The in cabin air filter needed it bad! Installed Bosch Plat. 4+ spark plugs. Having a few warranty items fixed. Vibrating driverside mirror, results in a double image. Occasional, stall when braking, possibly due to low idle. Power point cover on back of center console is broke. Nothing major, just needs a little TLC from her new owner. Color: Green Envy
  • escalade5150escalade5150 Member Posts: 1
    Dude, I have a couple questions about your escalade can we talk?? :D
  • ca5ca5 Member Posts: 1
    Congrats on your purchase I've added wheels and a sound system to my 02 Escalade and I have loved every minute of it. I'm now looking to sell mine and get the 07' if you haven't seen it...go on line and check it out. They have totally redesigned the interior and it no longer looks like a GM pick-up...

Hope you enjoy your truck...
    CA
  • turboladeturbolade Member Posts: 1
    The truck is a 2003 with the following mods:

Detroit Speedworks Intercooled GM Truck Turbo Kit
    Stainless Bassani 3" Catback Exhaust
    Lowered 3" Front, 4" Rear (utilizing factory air ride)
    24x10" GFG Type GF-1 Wheels
    Baer Eradispeed 14" Brakes
    Kenwood Excelon and Kicker Audio Components w/ 5 Screens and 3 Square 10" Kicker Solos
    Tuned by Livernois Motorsports

Photos

Video: 13.50's w/ GT-37 @ 8 lbs.

Video: 12.88 @ 107 mph w/ GT-67 @ 13-14 lbs.

Just playing around - GT-67 @ 5 lbs.

-Rick
  • pbarbaruolopbarbaruolo Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 07 in FEB. there's an extream wind noise all the time at highway speed and whistling swirling wind noise in cooler weather. The dealer has tried everything cadillac has told them to replace. Its very fustrating since I do all highway driving. I'v tried masking tape on the doors and mirrors, no help. Its like driving with the windows cracked opened. Cadillac has out out sevral TSB's on the problem. cadillac told me their done trying I'm on my own. I'v contacted a lemon law lawyer. I know of other owners with the same issue. Anyone care to coment , please do..
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Not sure if this link will work for you, but in the Caddy Owners forum, this item showed up.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/105076-2007- -escalade-wind-noise-total-fix.html?highlight=wind+noise

Dave
  • 3threedogs3threedogs Member Posts: 1
    I've been seriously thinking about purchasing an Escalade, its an 02 with 80000 miles. Pearl White, it also has the scoop's on the hood.Are they cosmetic or do they serve a purpose? Any sug. or comments would be very helpful. By the way I can pick it up for just over $20.000. It seems to be in very good shape, but of course I'll have my mechanic look at it before I make up my mind. Again any input would be helpful.
    Thanx
    3threedogs
  • brenda49brenda49 Member Posts: 1
    i don't know if my wind problem is as great as yours (i think that i have just tried to ignore it) the dealership that i brought the car from told me that it's just something that has to be because of the BIG side mirrors create a wind tunnel
    i have found this extremely annoying because i had a 2002 suburban (with BIG side mirrors) and there was NO wind problem and that car was a lot cheaper and both cars are on the same frame - the front windshield was replace a month ago (due to a crack) and the problem still exists
    i got tired of complaining (i'm sure that's what they hope you'll do) #13 have you had any luck since you posted your message ?
  • raleighextraleighext Member Posts: 2
    Hello to all members. I just bought a 2004 EXT and was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone about the grille inserts that are available. 1. Can you tell that it is a insert? 2. Can you see the original grille behind the insert? 3. If anyone has one, would they recomend getting one? They are a whole lot cheaper than buying a new grille but I def. dont want to compromise the look. Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
  • raleighextraleighext Member Posts: 2
    Hey to all! I just bought a "04" EXT and am looking at buying a new grille. The inserts that are available look good online but I have not seen one in person. If anyone has a insert or knows of them it would be appreciated of any feedback. My biggest concern is if anyone can cleary see the original behind the insert.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Welcome aboard!

I recommend posting your question in Cadillac Escalade.

Good luck.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.