Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Hi -- I am having the exact same starting issue with my 2003. I replaced the battery and ignition switch but the problem is still there. Curious if the Steering Senor did the trick for you. I have also read it may be the crank sensor. Any insight is much appreciated.

Nate
  • Hi, I have a 2000 escalade, and it is having problems starting. The engine will crank but not start unless you spray the air filter with starting fluid. Today, I went to try it again and, the battery was "dead" (its only 2 wks old, and all the lights and dings worked fine, just clicked when I turned the key). We tried to jump it and after 15 minutes of being hooked up, it tried cranking again, but still wouldn't start. it sounds like the fuel pump is kicking on, but I can't be sure. I can't even get the damn thing started to take it to a mechanic! can someone please give me an idea of anything else it could be? so far, all I've gathered is that it could be the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. I know this doesn't mean much, but the fuel pump was replaced about 2 or 3 yrs ago.

thanks so much.
    amanda
  • Hey everyone....well, I got the fuel pump changed (and the battery since cranking the engine was killing the previous one) and my escalade runs again! My check engine light is still on though...taking it to auto zone this week and see what thats about. thinking it may have thrown a code when the previous battery was weakened.

anyway, if anyone is having problems with their escalade doing the same as mine (see post 190) I reccommend starting in the fuel system....
  • well, i jinxed it. it started doing the same thing all over again. Thinking it might be a coolant sensor or something....
    gonna try it. let you know
  • ram26ram26 Posts: 1
    were did you find the recall about the speedometer or instrument cluster
  • What degree did you have to turn the wheels to right now i have a real hard time turning the wheels and think this may be the problem but i have no crank but full battery when i turn the key i get nothing and its annoying i had to have the car towed and don't seem to know what the problem could be and i'm sure that the dealer won't know either. i had this problem before but after getting the car towed home it started right up but now i have nothing.....please help. if you could send me an email to mkunz24@yahoo.com thanks
  • I'm getting a "Ride Control Service" message on my Escalade. What does that mean?
  • i have a 2000 escalade with the v8 vortec, when you drive for 50 + or sometimes 100+ miles the engine starts loosing power. you give it gas and it slowes down.
    if you keep your foot in same place it will maintain same speed let it sit for a day or so it will run fine for 100 or so miles. i have replaced cadilatic converters,fuel pump,spark plugs,wires. Please Help!!!! thanks ben
  • len8827len8827 Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Escalade 5.7L, it is telling me that I need to change my O2 sensor. How many does the truck have?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,588
    That's not exactly what it's telling you. It's telling you that there is a problem in the circuit that includes the 02 sensor. The code may only mean that the 02 sensor is responding to something else. Lots of wasted 02 sensors being replaced these days.

It COULD be the 02 sensor but you may not want to be guessing. A mechanic can usually test these for you.

here's everything you ever wanted to know about 02 sensors. Might save you some $$$.

http://wps.com/LPG/o2sensor.html

• 2002 Esclade- Only when pressing the gas pedal we get this slight thump, thump, thump,thump sound. If we coast it does not happen. One also could describe it like
    a rub, rub,rub type noise.
    We rotated tires.
    Replaced the drivers side wheel bearings.
    Replaced brake pads and roders.
    It only happens when we accelerate. It seems like the car is tilting lower on drivers side too.

Any ideas???
    Might check for a bad axle CV joint.

Also, it may have something to do with torque on the motor, so I'd check all drive belts for unusual wear patterns and also take a pry bar and check the tightness of all accessories, like pumps, compressors, etc.

• ezeiamezeiam Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 2003 ESCALADE AND TODAY I HAD A MESSAGE ON THE DISPLAY THAT READ SERVICE RIDE CONTROL WHAT IS RIDE CONTROL, AND HOW BAD IS THIS? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP PROVIDED
    Bulletin No.: 03-03-11-001

Date: July 22, 2003

TECHNICAL
    Subject:
    Service Ride Control Message Displayed, DTC C0580 Set (Replace Right Front Shock Absorber Solenoid Connector and Install New A/C Suction Hose and Auxiliary A/C Evaporator Hose)

Models:
    2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade
    2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    2001-2003 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
    2001-2003 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
    with Rear Air Conditioning System (RPO C69) and Real Time Damping Chassis Package (RPO Z55)

Condition

Some customers may comment on the Service Ride Control message being displayed. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC C0580 set.

Cause

Poor clearance between the auxiliary A/C evaporator hose and the right front shock absorber damper solenoid connector may be the cause of this condition. Contact may occur damaging the connector and causing a poor connection at the damper solenoid.

Correction

Replace the right front shock absorber solenoid connector and install a new A/C suction hose and auxiliary A/C evaporator hose. These new A/C hoses will provide proper routing to prevent contact between the auxiliary A/C evaporator hose and the right front shock absorber damper solenoid connector. Use the procedure listed below.

1. Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging in the HVAC sub-section of the Service Manual.

2. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the General Information sub-section of the Service Manual.

3. Remove the right front wheel assembly.

4. Remove the right front wheelhouse panel.

5. Remove the nut and the auxiliary evaporator hose from the accumulator line block.

6. Remove the nut and the suction hose from the accumulator.

7. Remove the bolt and the suction hose from the compressor.

8. Install the new suction hose and bolt to the compressor.

Tighten

Tighten the bolt to 16 N.m (12 lb ft).
    9. Install the new suction hose and nut to the accumulator.

Tighten

Tighten the nut to 16 N.m (12 lb ft).
    10. Release 4 line retaining clamps, starting at the wheelhouse and along the underbody towards the rear of vehicle.

11. From under the vehicle, mark the location on the auxiliary evaporator line where the line will be cut. Using the forward running board bracket as a reference, mark the location inline with the bracket-to-body bolt (1). If the vehicle is not equipped with running boards, mark the location inline with the bolt hole.

12. Using a tubing cutter, cut the marked section of the auxiliary evaporator line.

13. Remove the front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose from the vehicle and discard.

14. Install the new front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose into the vehicle.

15. On both sections of the auxiliary evaporator line, cut back the plastic coating approximately 76 mm (3 in).

16. Splice in the new front section of the auxiliary evaporator hose using J 41425 A/C Line Repair Kit and J 41425-750 splice. Refer to the Heater and A/C Pipe Repair-Auxiliary procedure in the Service Manual.

17. Install the auxiliary evaporator hose to the accumulator line block and nut.

Tighten

Tighten the nut to 16 N.m (12 lb ft).
    18. Secure the line retaining clamps.

19. Install the wheelhouse panel.

20. Install the wheel assembly.

21. Lower the vehicle.

22. Inject the oil into the A/C system that was removed during the recovery process using J 45037 A/C Oil Injection Kit.

23. Evacuate and recharge the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging in the HVAC sub-section of the Service Manual.

24. Leak test the fitting and splice using J 39400-A Halogen Leak Detector.

25. Replace the right front shock absorber solenoid connector using service connector, P/N 88986417. Refer to Wiring Repairs in the Wiring Systems sub-section of the Service Manual.

• ezeiamezeiam Posts: 2
    HELLO, I HAVE A 2003 ESCALADE AND IN THE LAST 2 DAYS I HAVE 2 MESSAGES ON THE DASH DISPLAY. THE FIRST WAS SERVICE RIDE CONTROL, THE SECOND WAS SERVICE STABILITY ALONG WITH ABS LIGHT AND TRACTION LIGHT WITH A SLASH THROUGH IT ALSO CAME ON. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THESE THINGS MEAN, AND HOW EXPENSIVE THEY ARE TO REPAIR, AND IF I HAVE TO TAKE THE TRUCK IN TO THE DEALER, OR IS IT SOMETHING ANOTHER MECHANIC CAN FIX. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCED
    See post #204

• jezelljezell Posts: 3
    How can you be sure thats what it is Ive been told many things one thing Ive noticed is that my compressor for system is not running any longer and before this all happened it seem to be running much longer before it would shut off
    Well this is information from Cadillac itself on a known problem, so it's a good first bet.

• kris34kris34 Posts: 1
    The Tranny on my 06 Escalade just blew.No warning lights just lost power and said Transmission hot. I took it to the dealer all the time with the same clunking noise and lunging feel. It felt like the brake was being pushed back at you. And it would grab and pull one way. Bad hesitation when pressing on gas. Clunked when put in reverse. Dealer always said it's just the way AWD is and customer concern not duplicated. According to the service manager they never checked the tranny because no codes were set off. Now, blown, it still hasn't set off any. I have had the steering gear replaced at 48k, the front differential R&R at 48k, the power steering pump replaced at 49k, navigation and stereo both replaced twice, back glass replaced 3 times. Now with 68k on it I'm out of warranty and probably won't get any help from GM. They say I never had problems with the tranny before. But reading all the stories from others it seems like it is a major GM problem. Any suggestions? Also, does anyones roof leak? Have problems with the rear defroster cord breaking off? Lights on steering wheel not working?
  • kasmirkasmir Posts: 3
    I realize this post is 3 years old, but what did you find out about your differential on your 2002 Escalade? Mine is doing the exact same thing and I've just had the front differential replaced. Still not fixed. Suggestions????? It's gotten beyond frustrating!!
  • drich8drich8 Posts: 1
    DOES THE SERVICE RIDE CONTROL EFFECT THE AIR CONDITIONER
  • brandis05brandis05 Posts: 2
    We too have the service stability light turn on. That does not bother us. What is really frustrating is only when we accelerate, we get this rub, rub, rub feel on the drivers side of the truck. 02 Escalade. We changed the drivers wheel bearings, new rotor for brakes, rotated tires. We have taken a few places. I hear idler arm. pitman arm.. Most want to" expirement" . That would be costly for us. Any ideas? It only happens when we accerlate, not when is is coasting.
  • During rainy days or whenever I hit a poddle of water my a/c compressor will turn off on its own then after a while(seems like something is getting wet) it will automatically restablish its normal function.
    I have change the Service valve/high sensor/accumulator and the compressor
    What else can I do???
    !!!!Does anyone have a solution for this problem!!!!
    It's very annoying specially in a hot place like this one (central america)
    HELP!!Help!!
  • I have a 2008 Escalade and I'm told the flash only works when NOT in the AUTO setting. Apparently Cad decided that "flash to pass" was not safe????
    I like the ability to flash at tractor/trailers to let them know it's safe to change lanes!
  • My 99 Escalade will randomly lose power to the windows, clock/radio, wipers, etc. If the center console is tapped/hit just right, all comes back on. Any ideas on repair/cost? :confuse:
  • Hi,, I note this is an old post but I have the same problem with my 2003 Escalade with the rear door access message on, horn going off when door is locked etc. Did you ever solve the problem and if so, how. Would appreciate a response, thanks, Editz
  • Am having problems with the cruise control not working at times, anybody have this problem, 80,000 miles on the car. Thanks, Editz
  • I have a 2002 Escalade and since January 2009 I have been experiencing some problems with the brakes. When coming to a stop or idling , I noticed that the brake pedal locks up when I get between 1-5 mph... Prior to the brakes locking up, the truck makes a humming/growling noise which sounds like it's coming from the accelerator or somewhere in that area.

I have also had a problem with the stability system light being on ever since I bought the truck in 2007. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be, or is there anyone experiencing the same issues? I am concerned that this will be a pretty expensive fix. The truck has already been in the shop 3x in the last year. The wheel bearings have been replaced, as well as the wheel speed censor, so unfortunately that was the not the problem. Any advise or assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
  • frpmanfrpman Posts: 1
    I have the same problem on my 99 Escalade and have not been able to fix it. What did you do to fix your problem?
  • jaxon2jaxon2 Posts: 5
    Sorry, I've been in the hospital for the past 8 days. I usually respond the same day. I have been living with it since. All seems to go awry when the wipers are started. There is a module located within the lower section of the center console that may be the culprit. I thought perhaps I had a loose ground, tightened it and life seemed good for a couple of weeks. The problem has since recurred but I've not been in the best of health to further inspect it. If you do discover the solution to your problem, I'd appreciate an update. Thanx!

Jaxon