Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus Remote...To purchase or not to purchase????

blkmgkblkmgk Member Posts: 54
edited March 2014 in Lexus
I need to buy the remote that comes with a 97 LS400. Mine got damaged. The dealer is charging an arm and a leg(nothing new)for a new one. I believe it's about $295 to purchase the remote-not the key-.(not to mention the labor, which is no less than $85/hr)
The remote opens the trunk, doors and driver side window.
If I were to purchase a clifford,which costs about the same, it turns the car on, opens the trunk, opens all windows and it might just bring the car to you!(not sure)
which would you buy?

Comments

• Options
    wtd44wtd44 Member Posts: 1,208
    I had a Nissan Pathfinder remote stop functioning. I was shocked when told that a replacement for this $5 electronic "nothing" would cost me $85. When I regained my composure, I asked that the entire episode be handled under the 3 year 30K warranty. They did it without batting an eye. My warranty runs out in 2 months...
  • Options
    I am glad that you gained your composure, I almost when into a coma when the dealer rep told me the costs for the same item.
  • Options
    tp1967tp1967 Member Posts: 2
    Just like so many other things in life. You can get remotes on eBay foer under $20...........
  • Options
    Does anyone know of an over-the-counter source for aftermarket "clickers" for automobiles? I want a less expensive alternative that doesn't involve Internet risks.
  • Options
    jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    Here is an on-line shops that deals in replacement keyless entry remotes.

http://www.remotesunlimited.com/shop/default.asp
  • Options
    Many thanks. I'll surf that site ASAP.
  • Options
    I called them up and they told me 79 bucks for my 96 ls 400 remote.
  • Options
    lokkilokki Member Posts: 1,200
    Tell them you need a remote and ask them if you know where you could get one for $50....

You'll get one.
This discussion has been closed.