Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rpeiperrpeiper Member Posts: 1
    You can also try out Albany Honda in Albany, GA. They sold me a Silver EX navi for $750 under MSRP and delivered it to Atlanta for $100 bucks.
  • i006129i006129 Member Posts: 71
    Great responses. I've got an e-mail out to Albany Honda and will let you know what happens. Thanks.
  • mr_dmr_d Member Posts: 10
    On April 4, 2000 I was placed on the United Buyers Service waiting list at Browns Honda in Arlington, VA for a GG 2001 Ody EX/NAV. The price is $26,182 including dest. (msrp -$2,658). I waited 5 months to be offered a TW 2000 EX/NAV. I declined. At 6 months I was offered a MB 2001 EX/NAV. I declined. At 7 1/2 months I was offered a SS 2001 EX/NAV. I declined again (uggggg!). I am now still waiting for my Granite Green EX/NAV.

The wait is fairly long but the price is good, if you can wait. The UBS manager (Zubair) is very helpful and friendly. The salesman (Gabe) is less than enthusiastic. But hey, at this price!

Hope this helps.

Don

PS: United Buyers service is in the Wash. D.C. area and is available through you credit union.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    How many Ody's do you think that Browns has gone through since April?

It would seem to me that UBS is doing you a disservice at saying you can get Odysseys at a unrealistic price and then not being able to deliver.
  • mr_dmr_d Member Posts: 10
    I don't know how many Ody's they have gotten since April. They get 1-2 EX/NAVs per month for the UBS program. Remember that they still have their regular customers that are not part of the UBS program and that I have been offered about 1 van per month since month 5. A 5 month wait for that large a discount is not a bad thing. I think that expecting a waiting period that is the same as someone who is paying MSRP or higher in unrealistic (IMHO).

Don
  • elinvaelinva Member Posts: 7
    The Honda Dealership on Route 1 in Alexandria, had a GG 2001/nav on Saturday that was not spoken for. I test drove it. As I was test driving, I did not talk price. I spoke with Ms. Lloyd. I doubt, they will come down to the UBS price. I still am driving my 1986 Honda Accord which is going strong. However, I'm not sure I want to wait a year for my Odyssey. I have not heard any plans by Honda for a special edition 2001 Space Odyssey coming out (it would have been a great marketing tool- buy I guess they can sell all they make), so have settled on GG. I'd be happy to find someone to sell it to me for $500 or so under MSPR. Did you find anyone in the DC area that was close? The other buying service through my credit union could get me an Odyssey through Hersons Honda in MD (we bought through them the last time we bought a Honda - 1995 and they were great) at MSPR.

Thanks for the info.
    Eleaner
  • davids9davids9 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have some info about Southeast MI Honda dealers and Odyssey prices? There are two in the Ann Arbor area, but I'm not sure where I'll get the best price and/or service. Any help is appreciated.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Stay away from the Lansing dealer, they are jerks. They will sell you what they want to sell you. No color choice and their service sucks. I drive 60 miles to Grand Rapids for all mine.
  • jbg1jbg1 Member Posts: 1
    We're starting the search for a minivan and would appreciate any advice on dealers in Washington State. Also what are prices being generally quotes for either an EX or LX and the waiting period if any?
    Thanks in advance.

jbg1
  • regertregert Member Posts: 1
    Looking for an L.A. dealer who will sell a 2001 EX below MSRP and without dealer add ons. Carsdirect.com's price is $965. above MSRP. Wow, what a bargain! Please share your experiences.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    It would be great to find Odysseys at ANYTHING below MSRP, however, with supplies being low and demand being high prices seem to be at MSRP. The problem we are having is getting enough Odys to satisfy current demand.
  • theboothsthebooths Member Posts: 1
    ....without leather. It included cloth seats and dealer threw in seat covers.
    Leased for 48 months (dealer gave ma 48-month warranty) and 15K per year from South Motors Honda in Miami.

$477/month including tax. Compared it to other dealers and this was about $20 cheaper than anyone else. And Honda's fiscal year ends in November, not December.

What do you all think?
  • ddiedrichddiedrich Member Posts: 3
    we just bought an ex a bellevue off the lot. they had several in and seem to be getting them in often. Renton honda also seems to get them often and do nto do a waiting list. they were having a sale for $600 offf over thanksgiving weekend and Seattle Honda was $1000 over msrp. I think there is a little room to bargain because they arenn't preselling as much as they were 6 months ago.

good luck
  • giaongiaon Member Posts: 1
    I've been on the UBS waiting list since June 2000. Contacted them once a month which they continue to say that the wait was 4 to 6 months. Just called them last week, now they say that I may have to wait to June 2001 before getting my EX. Has anyone run into this situation?

I'm not in a dire need to get the van, but the way they play this game makes me mad. They have you wrapped around their finger when you're on the UBS list.

Jim Coleman Honda has many EX 2000 and 2001 available, but are selling for $28,000. Whoa!!!
    I guess because they are located in a somewhat $ area gives them the right to sell it at that price. Maybe when I hit the lottery then I will buy it at that price.

Sorry, I'm just griping. Hope everyone gets their van.
  • malarchymalarchy Member Posts: 7
    I see a whole new group of names hangin around here these days. Haven't posted since the summer, and my original search started back in the spring. This is economics in the U.S., the old supply and demand again. Figured I would wait it out, thought for sure by this time of the year prospects for a 2001 might be better, but unfortunately nothing has changed. Still hearin from the internet managers, 'one on the lot and if you want it's yours for $1000 above MSRP', heard it all before!! Another thing, more and more commercials on the tube, more and more Odys on the road. Anyone shoppin in the NY Tri-state area, have any luck with any of the dealers round here?
  • lessilberlessilber Member Posts: 10
    I would like to know where I can get a Green EX at $500 over cost. I am willing to fly/drive to any location within the USA or Canada!
  • lessilberlessilber Member Posts: 10
    Please contact me at LesSilber@aol.com

I am looking to buy a green 2001 EX with no additions for $500 over dealer cost and will be will to fly/drive to the location for pick-up.

I need a bonifide written agreement e-malied, faxed or mailed to me.
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    You will be lucky to find an Odyssey for $500 under MSRP! These things still sell as fast as they come in (and often with waiting lists, so darm near before they come in!). Many dealers are still asking for a premium over MSRP. Supply and demand will most likely keep you frustrated in fulfilling your stated desire for a couple years to come....
    Rpeiper,
    Contacted Albany Honda yesterday. They are holding firm on MSRP plus $190 for Mud Flaps and Roof Rails and $249 for Customer Services. Did you have a good experience with these guys?
    Thanks
    Aberdeen washington will sell for 500 over msrp
    Also a dealer in idaho will sell for msrp 1 888 30 honda. ask for jerry mcconnel. although you may have to wait a couple of months
  • nlaunlau Member Posts: 2
    I paid 26,000 with Roof rack, keyless, CD, and mudguards and splash guards in an LX dark emerald green. Can someone let me know if I got ripped? write me at nlau@ews.uiuc.edu

if I got ripped, boycott that damn grand honda in Elmhurst, IL.
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    It would seem that asking if you got "ripped" after the fact is rather like closing the barn door after the horse has departed...what's the point?
  • crodysseycrodyssey Member Posts: 4
    As mentioned in an earlier post, I declined the dealer's offer for the Honda warranty on the 01 EX purchased last week. After reading many of the Town Hall discussions, I decided it wasn't such a bad deal after all. Sooooooo, called the dealer (he's about 70 miles away) and got the Honda Care 7/100K/$0 ded warranty for $890, plus tax. While I had him on the phone, I talked him into tossing in the cargo tray, since I had to pay MSRP + freight. Thought it was a nice thing for the dealer to do!

Richardson Honda in Dubuque, Iowa. Very laid back selling philosophy. As I told the manager, almost too laid back! It was a change from what I'm used to, that's for sure!
  • me_2me_2 Member Posts: 3
    Brian Martin at http://www.capitolcityhonda.com/ is a good, straight salesman. I buy my LX from him at MSRP without any bargaining. Contact him by email at brian@capitolcityhonda.com. I drive 90 miles (from the Seattle area) to buy from him. Good luck.
  • vazqudavazquda Member Posts: 1
    Are you talking about Albany City in NY or GA
    If you are talking about NY I bought a 1996 Civic from Albany City and vowed to never buy again from this dealership. Very bad experience. I purchased my 2000 Odyssey in June from Keeler Honda in Latham, NY and would strongly recommend. At the time I bought my van Keeler charged MSRP and included floor mats and mud guards. They only asked for $100.00 refundable deposit and no hidden costs and add-ons. I also received the van in about 2 months. I would check with Keeler first before committing to Albany City. Just my 2K cents.
  • rvsv5rvsv5 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought EX, asked to pay $1,200 for a warranty. Went ahead and bought, but told I can cancel w/in 90 days. Is this the going price for the warranty? Can I get just a good as warranty over the net? The warranty is for 5/100k mi. BTW 6 wk wait and MRSP + destin. please reply, thanks
  • chip30chip30 Member Posts: 11
    My guess is that you paid little attention to this forum over the last 3-4 months. In many posts, the Hondacare 7yr./$0 ded./100k mile wty. has been bought for $885-$895. My dealer quoted me their cost ($810).
    Yours is 5 yrs? May not be a Hondacare which is considered the best type to purchase.
    Use the 90 days return policy, and read this forum more often. Don't be taken by these guys!!
  • judyp2judyp2 Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to mention a salesman I dealt with on the Internet. He sold me a 2001 EX in Dark Green for $200 off MSRP and had the car in stock.
    He said if I wanted any other color besides Beige he would have it by the middle of December at the same discount price. I guess he gets more Odysseys then other dealers. His name is Dennis and you can email him at JAYHONDADJ@aol.com. I am picking mine up this weekend, Dennis was wonderful.
  • mojo66mojo66 Member Posts: 83
    That's great news. No wait....under sticker? Hey, maybe you've started a trend!!! Enjoy your new Ody.
  • kalajiankalajian Member Posts: 43
    Let us know how it goes!!!!
    Bought my ody on tuesday for msrp from bellevue. renton honda called me today and said through the month of december the Sales Manager is ALLOWING them to sell for msrp plus whatever they have added on. Alos on the warranty you should not be paying tax. Some one a few respnse previous said they paid tax on the warranty and several dealers told me ther is NO TAX on the warranty.

I beginning to think the price of the odyis going to come down over the next few months.
  • flaoddyflaoddy Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone bought an Odyssey in the Central Florida area recently? What dealership did you user and what did you pay?

I'm looking to get a 2001 LX.
  • flaoddyflaoddy Member Posts: 4
    For Oddy owners that bought but to wait months on a waiting list for their cars- Did you negotiate the price on your trade in when you put your deposit down? Or did you just put your deposit down and just hoped to get what you expected on your trade when your odyssey arrived?
  • barrvanbarrvan Member Posts: 8
    Jans4 - WE bought our 2001 EX\SS from Penske Honda in Ontario. Dealt with Mark Henry from fleet dept. Avoid general sales department we heard them on the phone quoting MSRP plus mandatory 1000+ of options and a 3 month wait.

I sent e-mail to all the dealers within 100 miles of us (using Honda web site/dealer locator) saying that I would pay MSRP and wanted SS or TW.

The van we got was ordered for someone else who backed out that morning.

We did get a lot of calls from other dealers who said we'd have to pay over or pay for options we didn't want.

Use the internet & don't pay over!
  • oldlymeoldlyme Member Posts: 1
    I got a call today that an EX model was available at MSRP. However, the dealer mentioned paying additional dollars for Vinedge ? ($159) and dealers handling fee ($199?). This is in addition to cost for vehicle delivery, tax and registration fee. Has anyone paid for these kind of cost? I live in CT.
  • elinvaelinva Member Posts: 7
    Did you pick up your Odyssey this weekend? I've been in touch with Dennis and would like to know if everything went smooth; did Dennis come through. You can email me at eloos@erols.com.

Thanks.
  • dooooohdoooooh Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info about Albany Honda. If it goes well I will try to get you the "bird dog" or referal fee.
  • ocuihsocuihs Member Posts: 138
    What is the ongoing price for dealer's installed entertainment system for '01 Odyssey? What brand and the warranty about the system?
    We know that there are few after-market options, but just wanted to know about dealers' prices.
  • lmoretzlmoretz Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have information regarding dealers in NC that have '01 Odyssey's in stock or have positive experiences they can pass along? We're turning in an Accord at lease end in a couple of months and want to get an Odyssey. The two dealers I've spoken with in the Raleigh area say there's a waiting list. I haven't even talked price yet. Are NC dealers getting at or above MSRP? Should I place an order and hope it arrives by mid-March. I'm told there's up to a 3-month wait. Thanks in advance for responses!
  • jack653jack653 Member Posts: 1
    We ordered our Ody last week. Was told it will take 6 months. Ordered the EX model without the navigation system. We test drove an LX with leather. The local dealer has someone install the leather for $1800. Is this a good deal? Since it is not a standard will it help or hurt resale? Also, anyone know of dealers in the midwest who have a waiting list shorter than 6 mos? Also, we are paying MSRP on this unit.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Go to the Honda site and get a list of dealers and call or email as many as you can and as far away as you care to fly or drive and I bet you could get one in a few weeks at MSRP if you aren't to picky on color. Also $1800 is a little high for leather, I paid $1300 for Classic Leather (www.classicsofttrim.com) and $350 for the 2 temp heated seats. Most people are paying around $1600 but there have been dealers that ask upto $2500. Classic is about the best leather according to most people here. Also as far as resale, I would think anything that improves on the cheap looking not neccessaryly quality interior that Honda installs would be an improvement.
  • ekremekrem Member Posts: 5
    We got our '01 EX-N from Crown Honda in Greensboro after 3 weeks wait back in September. They charged us MSRP + $299 doc/dlr prep fee. Other dealers around (within ~50 miles) were also offering at MSRP but with some months to wait. (with the exception of Autopark in Cary, they had no waiting list and called the prospective customers to come and close the deal within an hour as new vehicles arrived, as far as I remember). Hope this helps.
    I called around to a few of the after market seating guys in our area. Since the Leather installation is subcontracted to these guys by the dealer, I figured they would know what it costs. I found the guys that actually do some of the work for my dealer. He quoted me his cost for the "highest quality" leather kit for the Odyssey is $1395 including installation. He suggested that the Leather looking Vinyl would last/wear longer and that would go for about $995.
    My guess is that anything above $1395 is dealer markup.
    Chip, thanks for the response. You are correct, in part, I did surf the topic, but I did not think the $800 figure was applicable to my geographic region. In any event, after reading your post, I called the finance manager re: cancelling the warr and he said fine. My question is, part of the reason I went ahead w/ the $1200 is because the finance guy led me to believe that the warranty was far superior to any other warranty. My question is, does anyone have any experience w/ the 3rd party warranties, and secondly, can I buy the warranty from Honda, from Honda itself or another dealer (over the net or otherwise)?
  • kalajiankalajian Member Posts: 43
    The Honda Care warranty is bumper to bumper, no deductible, 7 years, 100k miles. You can purchase it at any time prior to the expiration of the factory warranty and it can be purchased from any Honda dealer. For comparison, you can log onto geautowarranty.com and see what else is available out there.
  • judyp2judyp2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm a salesman at a Honda Dealership in Cleveland.
    If you are being asked to pay $199 or $299 for a "prep" fee, that's ridicules. Honda pays the dealers to do the PDI (pre delivery inspection)on the cars. And I saw something about someone paying $159 for a "vindage" what the heck is that??? Profit???? I work for one of the most HONEST dealerships anywhere, we charge a $50 doc fee and $19.25 for temp tag or plate transfer.
    If you are paying more, I don't know why.
  • oldlyme1oldlyme1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks judyp2 for your response. The vin # etching was a required option for $159. I got both, the dealer conveyance and vin etching removed and am only paying for MSRP, tax and registration.
  • LexorLexor Member Posts: 2
    Rusty at Dallas told me that among all the fees
    they charge on top of MSRP include a "state fee"
    of $250? is this correct? can any TX car buyer
    confirm this? thanks.

lexor
    Yeah, when dealers are making $3,000 on a car, you bet they will make the buying experience nice.
    Thanks for the site re: warranties. I guess my question should have been, has anyone ever seen any site that compares the warranties that are out there. Honda looks like it has a pretty good warranty, but, I have not read the fine print and I do not want to pay $500 over the market rate. Do dealers honor the third party warranties, I am sure that they are happy to take money wherever it comes from, but I am just curious if there have been negative experiences regarding the third party warranties as to getting approval, payment to service providers, etc.