Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• radiobuckradiobuck Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    I am looking to get a good deal on a lease for a Limited Sonata, has anyone in PA been able to get a decent deal like shuale in the PA area? Or can anyone recommend a dealer they have worked with in the past? I have been unable to find a dealer to deal on a lease.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    I can't really speak much on the blind spot. I'm a head turner by nature. I drove a taxi for 14 years and there's no way I do anything without double checking the blind spot.

But I will comment on the white because that's what I bought. I don't know about changing colors but, you can see specks in the paint. It looks very sharp. Is it worth $200, that's hard to quantify. But I liked the white. It was the color I wanted after seeing them all. So I guess to me it was worth it.
  • jbariljbaril Member Posts: 43
    The rattle was fixed in 5 minutes. When you open the hood, there are two rubber-covered little domes, one on each side, upon which the front of the hood rests when closed. If you look closely, they can screw in and out (or up and down, as the case is), they are adjustable, IOW, much like the bottom of the legs on a table, to keep it from tilting to one side. That was it. No more rattle.
  • shuale_ejsshuale_ejs Member Posts: 115
    Sure try Ron Marhofer Hyundai in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. Ask for Pete and tell him Evelyn referred you. He's great!
  • carnut86carnut86 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2010
    Just pulled trigger on 2011 sonata LTD no NAV. $0 down $324.00 per month. 3yrs 36K miles. Tax and tags included. First month was due at signing
    Where at? I have been looking for a deal like this...
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    Not sure where you are in PA but try Freedom in Hamburg. Around these parts the owner is known to be very aggressive.
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    My Dad is looking to buy an 11 Ltd without any options, cash. He will be selling me his 07 Sonata (with 17k miles!) so I'd really like to help him out ;) . Looking at the numbers I think if I shop hard I can get someone to do $25k otd incl the $500 loyalty bonus.

PA has 6% sales tax btw. Local dealer where he bought his current Sonata suggested they may be able to work the deal like he was trading the 07, then turn around and sell it to me, to save sales tax. I'm ok with that as long as I keep the 10/100 warranty.

Anyhoo, does $25k otd sound do-able on a Limited?

Thanks.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    Anyhoo, does $25k otd sound do-able on a Limited?

Here in Illinois it cost me about $350 for doc fees and license. So if you subtract that from the $25K it leaves you with $24,650. That number pre-tax comes to $23,254. That's tight, but doable.

I paid $25,468 for my limited with NAV and that included the $200 extra for the white. So if you subtract $2K for the NAV and $200 for the paint that means $23,268. Right in the same ballpark you're looking at and I did not qualify for the loyalty rebate.

So I would say that YES, $25K OTD should be doable without even fooling around with trading in your car and playing games with the sales tax.
    edited March 2010
    We got it from pacifico Hyundai-Mazda-Ford 6715 essington ave,phila, Pa. 19153. It's out the airport auto mall. Our sales rep was Deshawn Thompson & Gary Holmes Very easy to work with. And I forgot to mention they paid last 2 payments on trade in which was $343.00 per month.
    Thanks 4 help. I really thought it was a good deal at first. But when I went back it took me about 12 hrs and 3 car dealers 2 get deal. THX again
  • ralpph_wiggumralpph_wiggum Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 2011 Sonata is eligible for Hyundai's Associate Purchase Program? The 2011 Sonata isn't an available selection on the website. Thanks.
  • pman5pman5 Member Posts: 11
    Picked up an 11 sonata limited with nav. for 25250. cash. Toms River NJ dealer.
    that price also included dealer extras,door guards floor mats wheel locks and pin striping.
  • vgl6061vgl6061 Member Posts: 3
    What dealership is it? Does your limited has the smart key and rear camera? You paid $25250 OTD or plus tax, license and registration.
    edited March 2010
    You are most welcome! That's what the forum is for...to help each other out.
    Thanks, I will give them a call
  • longhaullonghaul Member Posts: 17
    I suck at negotiating, so most folks could have gotten it cheaper.

I got a red 2011 SE for $22,110 which includes wheel locks, carpets & iPod cable. No NAV or sunroof.

I didn't love the dealership. Settled things via phone, then got there for pick up only ti find out doc fees were higher than explained & interest rate was higher than expected (missed qualifying for the 2.9% promo rate).
  • jacktheonejacktheone Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    FITZGERALD (FITZMALL) HAS 5 LIMITED AT 24,076 IN NORTH BETHESDA MD
    + 500 VALUED OWNERS CASH
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Actually,
    Typical dealer trick. If you would have "walked away" after you arrived, it would have been as you agreed.

What changed - after your telephone conversation and your arrival at the dealership-NOTHING. Other than the fact the dealer wanted more profit, and you let them have it. Even if you didn't qualify for the lower APR (are you sure you didn't - did YOU check your credit score?) there is no reason for the doc fees to have changed.

But, enjoy your car, they are very,very, nice!
    I thought I'd check out Fairfax Hyundai. They have great internet prices and the sales rep gave me a GREAT price. However, when I told him I wanted to lease and I was from OH, he told me it would be $453/month with $2,400 due at signing (after doing some checking). RRIIGGHHHTTTT...I think not!
    could you email me your first name :) Thanks again for all your help.
    no problem Patricia. The sales rep is deshawn thompson or gary holmes. black on black sonata LTD. We drove it right off the show room floor. that was the first time I ever did that!
    thanks again, I hope to have the same type of experience as you did, I will keep you updated.
  • sanfromvasanfromva Member Posts: 14
    So you are saying he gave you those figures because you wanted to lease or you're from Ohio or both. Do you mind sharing what that great price was :)
  • sanfromvasanfromva Member Posts: 14
    Those of you who have limited with nav, can you please answer my question re the rear view camera. Is there a sound, such as 'beep' when you get very close to a something, say a wall, when backing up? Or is it plain video that you can only see to figure out how close you are to an object?

I looked around Hyundai website and brochure and didn't find much info on it. THANKS!!
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    No sound with the backup camera. There is a yellow and red rectangle imposed over the camera view. The yellow zone is the safe area. Red means you are getting too close to the nearest object.
    I think it must be because of both. That is just ridiculous. But the selling price was $25,247.
    good luck.
    I'm glad you were able to get such a great deal.
  • dkouchevdkouchev Member Posts: 2
    Was that the price after dealer fees, tag fees and taxes?

Enjoy your new car!!!
    Me to. Im going back for the genesis coupe in june, I hope im able to get the same type deal.
  • salviesalvie Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone seen a Limited with the Wine interior, or are there any pictures online? I'm curious to see how it looks before I make my final decision, but there is very little info available about this option.
  • servethekingservetheking Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for an SE Sonata in Socal. Were any of you able to score a good deal on this model. So far the best offer I have is 22589 plus TTL.

Thank you,

Tommy
  • jazzyzeejazzyzee Member Posts: 1
    I just paid $16646,taxes and fees included, for the cocoa metallic one with option group 2 and no trade in . Was that a good deal considering the 2011 was in the show room. I purchased at West Broad In Richmond,Va.
    Hey Patricia any chance you can email me your last name they were asking to pull the info so they will match it, you can email me at radiobuck (at) aol.com so its not on the forum, thanks again I appreciate all the help.
  • busterbritbusterbrit Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2010
    Anybody buy one recently without nav? What price did you pay (buy not lease).

I will be getting one this week.

Thanks!
  • busterbritbusterbrit Member Posts: 27
    I'm looking at either getting the Sonata 2011 limited (no nav.) or the Altima 2010 2.5 SL this week.

I really like the Sonata but I'm a little nervous getting a new model so soon.

Any thoughts would be very helpful.

This is literally keeping me up at night and I have to decide in the next day or two.

Thanks!
  • cooldesakcooldesak Member Posts: 15
    I dont know yet about the dealer fees, etc though, but let say the dealer fees are reasonable, is $23.8K for 2011 Sonata Limited a good deal (this is a financing sale without any trade-in)?

Thank you.
  • cooldesakcooldesak Member Posts: 15
    Anybody know if I really need to buy wheel locks and carpete floor mats from Hyundai for the 2011 Sonata?
    We'd have to know the MSRP to know how good it is. Is it one of the $26,100 ones? If so, that's pretty good. I only got $2k off of mine, plus another $500 for owner loyalty.
    Yes--you. Is it worth the cost to you to have those things, or not?
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Member Posts: 116
    I made a deal last week to buy a Limited with Nav. My dealer usually can trade with some of the locals in the area, but since Navs are so tight, they have not been able to get the type I wanted. (Pacific Blue with Gray)
    They may have a shot at a Harbor Gray with Gray leather in the region, and they expect to get an answer tomorrow.

I actually wanted Pacific Blue with Camel Leather and Nav as my first choice, and I may be willing to wait 2-3 weeks for that combo. I understand that Hyundai does not allow actual orders, but can a dealer request to get a specific combination of color and equipment? The dealer has been good, taking my trade, and is giving a 2010 Limited to drive until they get my car, but I am wondering if I have a decent chance of getting my first choice of color. :confuse:
  • thereftheref Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys
    just a heads up. cars.overstock.com has the 2010 I4 Auto GLS for $13,982. For this price I would get the 2010 before considering the 2011 for $5K more or any other car for that matter.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I guess my area must be much higher as it shows $16,689.
    I don't think the market for the 2011 and the 2010 Sonata are the same individuals.
    Signed the paperwork for my Sonata Limited w/nav this morning (will pick up on Sat) with a really nice Dealership - Ron Marhofer (ask for Pete). Nice easy transaction, much unlike my dealings with the first dealership (with whom I am fighting through the credit card company to get my deposit back). Ron Marhofer agreed to honor the price the previous dealer was giving me, without any hassle or proof of selling price.

Stats:
    Model: 2011 Limited w/nav (doesn't look like i got one w/HD radio) - Does anyone know if it has HDD storage? Sales rep nor I could find any info on it so I'm assuming it does not have it.

Color: Harbor Gray w/black interor (really wanted Silver but combo does not seem to exist in the market right now)

MSRP: $28,300 (it came with everything)

Selling Price: 25,927 (includes $250 Ad Fee)

Fees & Tax: Paid upfront (to get airline miles )

Term: 36 mths/15,000 miles

Pymnt: $312/mth

I think I did very well for myself. I am very happy with my deal!

P.S. Everyone is paid a salary. Their pay is not based on commission! The entire experience was very very pleasant!
  • meikmeik Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    I have Pearl White Limited wo Nav.
    On my sticker, Carpeted mat, iPod cable and Pearl White are displayed under optional section and MSRP is $26,315.
    So I don't think I "bought" them except Pearl White ($200 extra).
    I thought Carpeted mat and iPod cable are included MSRP even if web site shows them as optional accessories.
    Really?! Can you describe the difference of the individuals?

Replying to: theref (Mar 17, 2010 8:47 pm)
    I don't think the market for the 2011 and the 2010 Sonata are the same individuals.
    I myself was planning on getting a 2010 when the 2011 came out--until I saw the 2011 and all it had to offer.

To me, current 2010 shoppers are looking for the lowest price deal available and/or are V6 fans and aren't as concerned about features and MPG as 2011 shoppers.
    edited March 2010
    I am not sure if the difference in MPG (10%) and styling can justify $5k which is about 30% discount. What are the additional features you are thinking that justify such a discount? The 2011 has no strut hinges for the trunk and engine and some say its noisier and has less rear visibility.
    If an individual liked a 2010 sonata a couple of months ago chances are still likes it!