Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bread8bread8 Member Posts: 16
    I am hitting the old supply-demand wall in my area. Is there anyone else in FLA who is having better luck with pricing. I cannot get locals close to what I see on this forum.
  • oceans3101oceans3101 Member Posts: 4
    Where are you located?
  • cmastercmaster Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at an otd price of $20,284. No taxes as I'm in NH. What do you all think .
    Pearl White GLS
    PEP2.
    Nothing more than that...
  • bread8bread8 Member Posts: 16
    Fort Myers/
  • cricketmancricketman Member Posts: 7
    do u think u can give me more information about where u got ur sonata from? i am in md/va area also and looking to buy very soon. thx
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Not sure of your exact location, but the Fitzgerald, Countryside North, Clearwater seems to be a good dealer, and is on line with prices, etc. You should at least check them out for comparisons.

van
  • truelies1truelies1 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2010
    I am not happy that sonata changed MPG from 24/35 to 22/35. Are they cheating?
  • noway6noway6 Member Posts: 6
    24/35 - Manual Transmission
    22/35 - Auto Transmission

I don't think they have changed. They are EPA's rating anyway.
  • thndrstmthndrstm Member Posts: 47
    Fairfax Hyundai, remember we qualified for $900 in rebates. Ask for Don
  • rico84rico84 Member Posts: 7
    2011 Sonata GLS Auto with Pop Eq2 Pack....MSRP is around 21665 so yea. I think it is below invoice too.
  • auto240205auto240205 Member Posts: 7
    Can you share dealer information with me. I want to buy one at your price.
    auto240205 Gmail

Thanks alot
  • cricketmancricketman Member Posts: 7
    thank u so much :D
  • petdogdfwpetdogdfw Member Posts: 26
    I am in the Dallas area and got a limited with harbor grey and the wine interior too. Fully loaded with nav for 26,000 also. Three months later I love the car and feel like I got a fair deal.
  • ybnvusybnvus Member Posts: 4
    Good to hear. We love the car. Navigation serves us well as we do home health.
  • colfrankfitzcolfrankfitz Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 2010 GLS Auto for my teenager. I input it in Overstock.com, and it came up with a target price of $17,674. I was thinking of starting offers at $17k. Does price sound reasonable? I'm in Houston,TX if that helps...

Thx
  • drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    Truecar says $17,625 is average paid. You may be able to do slightly better since 2011's are so hot.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Will hyundai give rebates on 2011 Sonata's anytime soon? What do you all think?
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any rebates anytime soon..the new sonata is selling like hotcakes right now so there is really no reason to offer any rebates until all the hype settles down......
  • usfarbuo1usfarbuo1 Member Posts: 35
    There is a $500. rebate incentive but it for the valued coupon offer. It's on the www.hyundaiusa.com website. I just bought a 2011 Hyundai Azera after trading in my 2006 Azera and the car is a real beauty. There is a $1,500. dollar rebate valued coupon offer on the 2011 Azera so I took advantage of it. Good Luck. I did road test a 2011 Sonat, in fact, the dealer let me take me for almost three hours and I loved the car but decided to go with the Azera.
    I really like the 2011 Sonata GLS with PEP. Do you think its possible to get a new 2011 GLS w/PEP for $21K OTD?
    Certainly. $21k for sonata with PEP is a regular price. I think it should be $18K in march 2011
  • ppage2ppage2 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for some info on the Sonata gls. has anyone purchased one recently in New Jersey, if so, what did it cost for the car minus any other fees?
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Based on what?
  • lordy1952lordy1952 Member Posts: 8
    I dont live in virginia, but fairfax hyundai have this daily deal for 2011 sonata gls auto for
    MSRP: $21,050.00
    Daily Deal Price: $18,162.00

google fairfax hyundai, then click on daily sonata deal at mid page
    whats the tax rate in VA? is this a good deal?
  • alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2010
    18,700-19,000 with destination charges inc. is very doable for GLS with auto and this dealer is in that range.

I was quoted $19,500 w/dest. charges included with PEP plus TTL in June.
  • amgontarzamgontarz Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased Harbor Gray Metallic SE with a few small options, MSRP $23,595 (Inv. $22,554) OTD $22,473 ($21879-$500 military rebate+$699 dealer fee+tags and fees (no sales tax for military in SC)) Dealer delivered car to our doorstep, and took our trade-in sight-unseen. Used ZAG pricing through USAA.
  • auto240205auto240205 Member Posts: 7
    Bought it end of july. We have $100 docu fee and 6% sales. Includes Standard + floor mat + ipod cable + cargo net + dimming room mirror + gap insurance + $400 extended warranty. I don't know car only price. :confuse:

Before any rebate. I almost fighted with manager during nego.
    Was it good deal?
    Do you have PEP or is it just a Sonata GLS automatic?
    I was offer $20250 in Texas 4 months ago for GLS Auto.
  • mosesmalone29mosesmalone29 Member Posts: 1
    Is $21,000 OTD good for a gls auto with mats, ipod cable, tinting, wheel locks, alloys and fabric proofing and an auto dimming mirror (does this mean it include the homelink??) - for reference, my tax rate is 5.75%

thanks
    recently looked at a 2011 sonata gls that had in addition to the msrp a adm of 2500.00 due to market adjustment..should i pay this???
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    And this was in South Florida? Wait a few months and things will settle down price wise with the Sonata. Paying an adm fee is ridiculous on any item. Definitely wait a few months till the prices stabilize. Just my personal opinion.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Which dealer was that? Pass on any markup. Check edmunds and www.truecar.com to find some more competitive dealers, or travel a little bit to get what you want.
    right now because of the high demand and the popularity of the new 2011 sonata the ball is in the dealers court as far as haveing the upper hand in negotiating a good deal with the sonata..maybe when the interest dies down a bit there will be more room for getting a good deal.but right now the sonata's are selling like hotcakes or lemonade in the hot summer sun.maybe i should purchase a camry instead.i have heard that because of toyota's recent problems they are basically giveing camry's away at dirt cheap prices.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Yes, I've seen great deals on Camrys, Altimas, Fusions, Optimas, Malibus etc. recently. And very low lease rates on Accords (my local Honda dealers never advertise purchase prices, just lease rates). So lots of other choices if a Hyundai dealer tries the ADM game (ironically first popularized by Toyota and Honda) and doesn't eliminate it--be sure the Hyundai salesperson knows you know that.
  • brian1brian1 Member Posts: 29
    Black SE with Nav, , floor mats, ipod cable, cargo mat, auto dimming mirror, mud guards, wheel locks. MSRP= $26,530. Bought for $25,610 + tax.
  • leah525leah525 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. No navigation. Black with wine interior. $22,936. Doc Fee $199. No warranty, no GAP, no ttl. Total = $23,135. I am in Oklahoma.

Leah
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    before taxes and other fees- $18,000
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Sat in one at the dealership today...sweet car. The sticker was pure fantasy on their part..$25k for a GLS model! Power seat but no roof...wonder if $19k would be reasonable? The seats in the 2010 C Class I drove earlier in the day over at the MB store were so much better, but for $13k more, they should be. Sonata felt like a bigger car but Hyundai has finally made it compared to the Camcord/Fusion competition...no longer a low rent car by any stretch...great job Hyundai!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• sonatasesonatase Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2011 Sonata SE for $21.8K + TTL in texas. I heard from many friends that GLS with PEP can go below 20K if you really haggle. Do your research from few websites like consumer reports about dealership markups, take info on what other people in your local area are paying from truecar.com or motortrend.com. Also try to avoid getting into any dealer issued packages like "vehicle protection plans", etc. Unknowingly, I ended up buying the VIN etching for $199 which I am going to cancel since I have not picked up my car from the dealership yet.

Sorry if I am being too cautious here. I am a newbie to such forums :).
  • leah525leah525 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. No navigation. Black with wine interior. $22,936. Doc Fee $199. No extended warranty, no GAP, no ttl. Total = $23,135. I am in Oklahoma.

*Forgot to mention trade:
    2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S 4DR
    Black Book Avg: 13,990
    Kelley Blue Book Good: 13,250

I got 14,000 for my trade.
  • sam123sam123 Member Posts: 2
    Been offered a price of OTD 22100 for Sonata SE std package with floor mat & Ipod cable. Includes 3.75 DE tax + tilte, documentation fee? Is it a good deal or still room to bargain
  • mdrewerymdrewery Member Posts: 1
    Did you have to pay sales tax in OK. Got a price close to that for a pearl white limited with mats and mud guards but at 23900 otd with NC state tax at 3%.
  • eynonimuseynonimus Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    PP was $24,200 + sales tax (can't fight Uncle Sam but at 8.875% in NY I would love to get a few shots in to be honest!). Got Wheel locks, mud guards, floor mats, and iPod cable thrown in as well.

Also purchased same night Pearl White w/ Wine interior for the same price (no $200 premium for the Pearl White).

BTW I don't know if any of you guys have heard this but apparently there are many dealers who haven't even SEEN the Wine interior and most dealers here in NY wouldn't let me order for that price, I would have had to take inventory!!
  • baskibaski Member Posts: 4
    Any idea about the latest dealer incentives for September?
    I am in the market for an SE (AZ). I believe there used to be a $2500 dealer incentive in August. Is it still going on?

Thanks
  • arto7arto7 Member Posts: 8
    The $2500 cash back is for the 2010s - and I don't think there are too many around now. That lasts through Sept 7th according to their web site - they don't provide information on future deals of course. The incentives on the 2011s have been limited to financing and existing customer incentives - along with the standard military and college incentives - at least since March when I first started thinking about getting a new car.
  • leahchchleahchch Member Posts: 10
    what is PEP?
    Thanks.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Popular Equipment Package (Power Seat, Trip Computer, etc)
  • baskibaski Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the customer cashback for 2010. I was referring to hidden dealer incentives that are currently available.
  • leahchchleahchch Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    thanks.
    So, but is this worth $700? I wondering... as the dealer will add $700 to the GLS AT!