Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cowboy4570cowboy4570 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the confusion. My post is trying to deturmine a good offer price on a new 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid with the ultimate package. I was hoping for feedback from the forum on this before I try making my offer to a dealer. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
  • lucas999lucas999 Member Posts: 3
    Be aware if you take the $1500 holiday bonus rebate , payments do not start for 90 days, so you will pay interest on the 90 days, this will increase your payment. Tell the finance guy you do not need the90 days and start payments right away, if that works for you
  • lucas999lucas999 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    So you do not get 90 days free interest, be careful the finance guy will play games with monthly payment to move you into extended warranty, DO NOT PAY EXTENDED 3rD PARTY WARANTY
  • zendog3zendog3 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2012 2.0T with everything (Full power, performance, leather, etc) for $25K and change. this included tax and license and dealer $500 prep. The stidker price was $22,983. This was in Ocala Fl Dec. 3.

I did quite a bit of shopping online. I found nothing near it in its class for the price. I am usually no fan of big plush cars but this one makes me see how folks could go for the BMW, Mercedes,Audy type freeway cruisers. All black with black tinted windows, it feels and behaves like a much more expensive car.
  • mikeyp53mikeyp53 Member Posts: 55
    NO!!! Should be about 23K! Its also an additional $500 if you have military discount. There is an additional $1500 rebate for Dec.
  • oldmandyingoldmandying Member Posts: 4
    After trying to deal on a 2012 Sonata Hybrid Ultimate package with no luck the salesperson offered me a price of $26,000 on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sdn 2.0T Auto Limited with Ultimate package. I am wondering if thats a good price. I would like to offer him $25,500 let me know if thats a good price or still too high. It will have 0% financing as well.

Thanks.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    We really can't answer that question without knowing the specific invoice and MSRP. Can you provide those numbers?
    Steve
    Msrp was around 31.5 Its the top model fully loaded with every single option. White with black double moon roof.
    What's the invoice for that specific car with options?
    Steve
    No clue how do I check
    I am getting I am getting 29,386 dollars from the edmunds calculator
  • michellej87michellej87 Member Posts: 28
    I was pretty sure I wanted o buy Sonata but with the new features on Altima and Accord I was getting confused.

I test drove Sonata, Altima and Accord this morning.
    Altima and Sonata were both nice rides but I just felt comfortable in Sonata..
    Ride on Accord was horrible. I was literally jumping up and down when there were small bumps.
    I liked features like backup camera on Altima and Accord but comfort and low noise are my highest priority.
    Seems like Sonata comes out ahead overall.
    I will try and make offer on Sonata.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited December 2012
    REF: 8644
    Which Accord did you drive? The Sport model has low profile tires and possibly a harsh ride. If you try an Accord LX, the ride might be better. Maybe the tires were over-inflated (common problem from the factory). It is too popular a car to have a harsh ride...Good Luck
  • longo2longo2 Member Posts: 347
    "Popular" mostly with the Gear Head magazine testers who demand a "fun" sports car performance even in a family sedan... Wannabe racers also put up with Honda's classic hard riding, tire whapping noisy interiors.

I sometimes drive for 600 miles a day for 3 days in a row, and the last thing I or my wife want's is to hear and feel is each little bump in the road hour in and hour out.

Give me a nice quiet Toyota or Buick type ride any day.

We can only drive the speed limits anyway as more and more Radar Traps and 'chase cars' are out there to raise cash for each county's budgets. (try speeding anywhere in Texas one day without getting a ticket.)

I do drive a Honda Odyssey and a Honda Ridgeline for specific tasks but for a family highway cruiser..never a Honda.
    I drove the LX. I knew the sport models are bumpier.
    I was kinda expecting bumpier ride but it was bad.
    I drive this road many times in my old camry and ride is much better.
    May be tires were overinflated. I cannot expect people to be buying a popular car if it is so bad.
    This sounds a like a great deal.
    I will try to ask for the exact package.
    I think Hyundai is getting anxious and wants to sell more.

I think Hyundai demand in November has increased 12% but that is nothing compared to accord (88) , camry (22).
    Compared to 2011 Sonata sales are flat (no increase) but Camry and accord are up ~35% and Altima is up 15%.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

Basically Hyundai is not getting enough of the increased sales.
    I am not sure if I have to guess the new models of Altima and Accord are getting shoppers.

So I am pretty sure dealers want t get their numbers up before end of the year.
  • unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2012
    Steve, thanks again for your prompt response.

I went a dealer and obtained an pre-approval of HMF (3.9% for 72 months). I wanted to make sure that I do qualify for a car loan.

I am looking at 2013 Sonata GLS with Popular Equipment Package (PEP). I have a Hyundai Elantra ($500 credit) and I will be graduating within 6 months ($400 credit). I am looking to finance through HMF ($1500 credit).

I got the following information from a dealer:

Dealer asking price:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    MSRP: $20,995
    GLS PEP: $725
    Others: $640 (Carpeted Floor Mats: $100, Cargo Mat: $95, Cargo Net: $50, Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink and Compass: $250, Mud Guards: $95 and Wheel Locks: $50)
    Total Rebates: - $2400 ($1500 HMF + $500 Owner + $400 Student)
    TOTAL AFTER $2400 REBATES: $19,960 plus $775 (Freight & Handling) plus $300 (Doc Fee) plus $1600 (Tax and Title).

My analysis:
    ~~~~~~~
    Invoice: $20,105
    PEP Invoice: $650
    Others: $540 (Carpeted Floor Mats: $80, Cargo Mat: $76, Cargo Net: $41, Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink and Compass: $226, Mud Guards: $76 and Wheel Locks: $41)
    Dealer Holdback (-3%): -$603
    Manufacturer to Dealer Inc: -$2400 ($1500 HMF + $500 Owner + $400 Student)
    Offer price: $18292; No doc fee; PLUS TTL

Here are my questions:
    - Does the offer price sound reasonable ?
    - Right now, I am planning to go through HMF. Once I graduate (around May 2013), I am thinking to refinance to my local credit union (2.24% for 72 months). I just want to make sure that there is no fee/penalty to do this later.
    - You mentioned earlier that the manufacturer gives the dealer about $2000 in the form of incentives ($1000 of which applies to financing) and the dealer decides how to divide them up. It appears that it has now increased to $2400 (HMF + Owner + Student).
    - Is it worth getting the items in the "other" category from the dealer or is there any option to buy elsewhere ?
    - It appears that getting extended warranty from the dealer is not economical and it is better to shop elsewhere.
    Looks like you have done your homework.
    The offer seems right. You can even start with 18k.

I am also looking for similar package.
    Did you make this offer?
  • passionapassiona Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    My friend/client just got this offer weeks ago in the LA/OC Ca area. Let me know if you want more details.

1. 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
    MSRP: $22,325
    Invoice: $21,327
    Dealer Discount: $2820
    Black Friday Discount: $500
    Hyundai Finance Rebate: $1000
    Competitive Car Rebate: $500
    Net Cost: $17,505
    Percentage Below MSRP: 21.56%
    Amount Saved Below MSRP: $4,820
    Amount Saved Below Invoice: $3,822

Cost with Tax and Registration: $19,005
    36months @ 0.9% = $436.66/month after down payment

Since you are a student, you will get another $400 off. I believe you won't get both competitive and loyalty discounts so it evens out.
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the information.

Dealer name ? What color ? Did it come with Popular Equipment Package ? What other accessories did it come with ?

TIA.
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Member Posts: 20
    Car man (or anyone else who may know ;-))

Could you please confirm for me the residual value and money factor for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited basic? Is the residual 58% or 57%? the dealer said it went from 58% last month to 57% this month with the same money factor of .00136.

Any info is appreciated! Looking to lease this month.

Thank you!
  • mo614mo614 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Guess I may have to buy a 2013 Sonata.
    I just saw this on Edmund's:
    Bonus $ Offer ..... Type ........... Start .................. End
    $5,000 ............... Conquest ......12/01/2012 ........01/02/2013

Competitive Owner Bonus Cash is available towards leasing or retail purchases to current registered owners of an eligible competitive vehicle or an immediate family member residing in the same household.

So, two questions:
    What competitive vehicles are eligible?
    Also, is that $5000 a misprint?
  • lucidrealitylucidreality Member Posts: 1
    Could this also be combined with the Bonus $ Offer Incentive 1 of $1,500 Holiday Bonus Cash?

How do the incentives work? Is there negotiating for a price lower than the incentives, or is this it?
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Member Posts: 20
    Think it is a misprint. KBB site says $500 Competitor Conquest cash which would be much more in line since Loyalty Rebate is $500. Believe it can be combined with $1500 Holiday cash incentive.
    I made an offer for 2013 Sonata GLS with PEP and standard options (carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, mud guards and wheel locks) to few dealers near my place.

Based upon the information obtained in this thread, it appears that getting this car between $18k & $18.5k (before tax) seems to be highly possible, especially with $1500 HMF cash, $500 owner rebate and $400 student rebate.

However, I have seen two cases (post # 8651 and 8624) where this car was purchased for about 17.5k before tax.

Good luck !
    edited December 2012
    $1500 HMF bonus cash can be combined with $500 loyal owner coupon and also with $400 student rebate. I got this info from HMF when I got pre-approval from HMF.

About a two or three weeks ago, I had no idea about how to get this car for a great price. I read this thread (few pages starting from year 2012) and got a fair idea of the price that people have paid for this car. I also asked few questions and got it answered by the helpful people over here.

Based upon the information obtained in this thread, it appears that getting this car between $18k & $18.5k (before tax) seems to be highly possible, especially with $1500 HMF cash, $500 competitive/loyal owner rebate and $400 student rebate. However, I have seen two cases (post # 8651 and 8624) where this car was purchased for about 17.5k before tax.

Now, with the amount of information that I obtained from this thread, I am confident that I can get this car at a great price. I have made an offer to several dealers and I will post the price, once the deal is confirmed.
  • supaflixsupaflix Member Posts: 2
    2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited with Premium Package(not the turbo) with car mats and cargo net for $24000 including everything except for taxes, title, and tags.
  • mikec3644mikec3644 Member Posts: 2
    First, thanks to all for the posts on Sonata pricing. It helped a great deal in our recent purchase.

Got a 2013 Hyundai Sonata with pop equip pkg and mats, net, cargo mat, mud guards last week. The MSRP was 22,735 and we qualified for $2500 in rebates (1500 holiday, 500 competition, 500 vet). We paid 18,540 plus $33.50 for tags/title plus 6.5% sales tax. It's not the best deal that I've read about, but was pleased to get this locally and with minimal hassle. This was in Ohio and was about $1000 lower than what a neighbor recently paid at another dealer for an identical model. After the contract was signed, I asked the salesperson what incentives they were getting to sell this model below invoice and holdback. She replied that they were getting "advertising cash" on the Sonata due to the recent rollout of the Accord and Altima. Thanks again for all the posts!
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited December 2012
    The Sonata is selling very well. It's gone from being almost an asterisk ten years ago to being the #4 selling midsize car. The reason they don't sell more is that Hyundai's huge factory in Alabama is at capacity. They've had so much demand, in that, that they've just hired another full shift and are now running the factory almost around the clock to make more. Right now the Sonata is beating out the Fusion, Malibu, Passat, etc.

sales thru Nov. 2012
    Toyota Camry 373,479
    Honda Accord 302,444
    Nissan Altima 278,968
    Hyundai Sonata 209,779
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Yes, sonata is selling well but not as much as last year.
    Year over year other cars are killing Sonata. Camry and Accord are back on top now in market share.

I visited dealer today to pick out a car.
    I was going for white until I noticed how the chrome and the tail lights pop on black and red. On white the chrome just blends in.
    Ruby Red looks good in the showroom especially with the tinted glass.
    I test drove GLS model but refused to talk about "numbers".

Overall I see salesman wanting to make a deal.
    I am just not sure how to tell them my number.
    I am planning to write down all the features I want on a paper next t price I want to pay. I have not done this before so it is hard to do this verbally.

Any quick tips on exterior colors and interior colors??
    Right now I am leaning toward Ruby red with Black interior.
    I wanted grey interior but red does not come with grey.
    Congrats!
    Did the price include window tint?
    What color are the exterior and interior?'Did you get financing from Hyundai? Any rebate?

Knowing what everyone is paying puts my mind at ease.
    I can always walk away instead of getting suckered in.
    I will try to get similar deal.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    I think red would look great. That's what I'm planning to get for my next car.

And your strategy of writing down a price seems pretty good. In terms of features, why don't you check out what's available on each trim at the Hyundai site so that you know the exact model you like.

It might be wise to send an email on that exact model you want to 2 or so Hyundai dealers who are closest, and ask them to give you their best price on it. But your way would probably work too.

With rebates, you might get $2000 off list price....?
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    My suggestion as I've mentioned here on this forum. Never ask the sales rep for a price. You need to be in control. When you are armed with the information such as invoice price, hold back amount, current incentives, etc, you tell them what your price is. You can get all incentives without even mentioning it.

Never say how you arrived at your price. Factor the incentives into your quote. Currently there are about $2000 of Hyundai incentives.

Remember the margin is huge on Sonatas.

Steve
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2012
    I agree that there are other cars killing the Sonata (and for that matter the sister car too, the Optima!) I just gave up on my 2007 Sonata Limited V6 as right from just jut before 60k miles the ESC light was intermittently and then frequently lighting up on the dash. It was mostly on Moderately to very wet wintery weather and the occasional dry local commute situations too. By the time October 2012 came around I was at 75k miles on that car and figured enough is enough! Afterall, the dealers nearby were playing their shenningans with me over this issue. That being the case and all, I traded up for a far nicer 2012 Nissan Maxima with the Premium, Premium Tech, Cold Packages, External Underground Security Lighting, HIDs, Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled) Driver's Seat, Heated Steering Wheel, Spoiler, etc. And yes, addons like Pinstriping, Nitrogen Tire Fill, Window Tints, Floor Mats and Wheel Locks were thrown in. There were pretty decent incentives going on at the time I bought ($4k from Nissan, $500 from NMAC and then over $5500 from Dealer). So in total just over $10k off. With the trade in of my Sonataa getting me around $9k (It had been in a minor rear-ender where I was hit by the other party), I walked out with the Maxima with a lien of about $27k-$28k after TT&L. Overall, the gas mileage at highway speeds for my particular driving conditions was moderately better in the Maxima over the Sonata I had. And who could go wrong with Bluetooth Audio Streaming on Bose with 9 Speakers including 2 Subwoofers? Bose over Dimension or Infinity Audio! All day!! Every day!! :shades:
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    By the way, the Camry scored poorly in the 2012 and '13 models for overall safety. They showed a story on the News this morning on it. I was laughing all the way as I personally hate the Camry for being such a bland car. They even lowered hte horsepower rating on the ES350 to match the Camry's output, which is pretty sad. Toyota to me is just clueless!
  • mikec3644mikec3644 Member Posts: 2
    Michelle- our Sonata is Ruby Red with tan and black interior. No window tinting. Yes we financed about half and therefore qualified for $1500 holiday cash. Mike
    Awesome choice. The red looked better on the showroom floor with the tint.
    If you have any sun at all you should get the tint.

I liked the red myself but I want grey or black interiors.
    Red GLS does not come with these interiors so I might have to choose another color.

Black or Pacific Pearl are my next choices.
    Shimmering white looks good by itself especially today after dust storms muddied up every car here in Texas.
    But the darker colors make teh chrome and fluid design of Sonata pop even more. They will be a pain to keep clean though.

I will go to dealer tomorrow or Saturday and make an offer.
    I will stay strong and be ready to walk away.
    edited December 2012
    Hyundai provides great warranty:
    - 10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN PROTECTION
    - 5-YEAR/60,000-MILE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY
    - 7-YEAR/UNLIMITED MILE ANTI-PERFORATION WARRANTY
    - 5-YEAR/UNLIMITED MILE 24-HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

The following components are covered by Hyundai for time and mileage limits indicated:
    • Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system, and Bluetooth®): 3 years/36,000 miles
    • Paint: 3 years/36,000 miles
    • Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
    • Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles
    • Adjustments: 1 year/12,000 miles
    • Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses)

The extended warranty from Warranty Direct is about $1100 for a plan ($100 ded per covered failure visit) called "10/100 PowerWrap Plus" that covers for 10 years/100,000 miles.

I generally don't buy extended warranty for electronics. What's the general opinion on Extended Warranty for new cars ? Is it worth paying for it ? It comes to about $110 per year.

Waranty Direct:
    Failure - refers to the Failure of a covered part under normal service. A covered part has failed when it can no longer perform the function for which it was designed solely due to its condition, and not due to the action or inaction of any non-covered parts. In addition, a Failure will be deemed to have occurred when a covered part has worn beyond the manufacturer’s tolerances allowed for the particular Vehicle at the mileage when the problem occurs.

PowerWrap Plus also provides coverage for the following listed specific parts:
    Emission Systems: Air Fuel Ratio Sensor, Air Induction System, Air Pump, Anti-Knock Sensor, Barometric Pressure Sensor, Canister Purge Solenoid, Deceleration Valve, EGR Recirculation System, EGR/EFE Thermal Vacuum Switch, EGR/EFE Valve, Engine Oil Fill Cap, Fuel Fill Pipe and Cap, Fuel Fill Neck Restrictor, Fuel Receptacle, Fuel Sensor, Fuel Tank Pressure Control Valve (PCV), Fuel
    Temperature Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, Intake Air Resonator, Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Intake Manifold, Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Oil/Air Separator, Oxygen Sensor, PCV System, Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve, Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Secondary Air Injection System, Throttle Body Assembly (MFI).

OPTIONAL LUXURY COVERAGE: (must be purchased and indicated on the Application and the Identification Card)

GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEMS- Navigation display unit, navigation control module, navigation system wiring harness.

TV/VIDEO/ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS- LCD screen (10" or less), RF modulator, video cassette player with auxiliary inputs (No recording capability), digital video disc player, power converter.

PHONE SYSTEMS- Charger/cradle, microphone, speakers, phone.

INTERNET ACCESS SYSTEM- Power converter, satellite receiver, satellite dish or wireless receiver (Metropolitan areas only).

OPTIONAL AIRBAG ELECTRONICS COVERAGE: (must be purchased and indicated on the Application and the Identification Card)

AIRBAG ELECTRONICS – Airbag module, sensor(s), airbag cable/contact coil, clock spring, on/off switch.
  • mpillaiusmpillaius Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Had some good experience with the dealship in South Austin. The guy named Ilya, seems to be reasonable to was willing to go as far as he can to get me a deal. But seems the numbers does not still compell me to buy the Sonata. I am more interested in Altima, and numbers were my major motivating factor in going with Sonata. I really liked the drive feel of Sonata. but Altima is still good, and is a choice of the majority in the family.

In the end I may not buy the Sonata with the figures I have now. But just wanted to let you folks know of the good expeirence I had.
  • dandydan9dandydan9 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    Just leased a 2013 Sonata GLS with Popular Package and carpeted floor mats in NJ:

MSRP: $22,595 (plus whatever sticker is for Popular pkg + $100 for floor mats)
    Sign and Drive Lease 36/12k ($0.20/excess mile -- seems high but dealer stated this is the new standard for all makes)

$2000 rebates ($1500 + $500 competitive lease)

$220/month incl, all fees, taxes, registration, etc. -- no money down at all $0, zero, zilch

Paid $220 for 1st. month and walked out the door

What do you all think of that?
  • longo2longo2 Member Posts: 347
    So for $7920.00- you got a brand new car for 3 years? Then if any of the 2016's are irrisistable you can dive in then.

Sounds better than buying.

(That is if the Mayans were wrong and today is NOT the end of the world as we know it)
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    That's pretty good, very close to what I got on Black Friday for a similar 2013 Sonata except mine had a few more options e.g. self-dimming rear view mirror with garage remote, two sets of mats, mud guards, bumper protector, cargo net. The stuff was already on the car and they didn't charge me extra for it. I paid $47.80/month for 35 months (they made the first payment for me), 12k a year, nothing up front. They valued my trade, a 2007 Sonata GLS with extensive body damage, at $6000 (I thought that was quite good). So add that to my payments and it comes out to about $213/month. Oh, they had a special that weekend that got me 3 years of no-charge wheel/tire/glass repairs and paintless dent removal for free. I figure that will save me quite a bit over the lease, as I've always managed to scuff 1-2 alloys on curbs and collect a few door dings--especially since the Sonata has no trim strips to protect the doors.
    I've purchased and leased and always prefer leasing over purchase.
    The only caveats are:

1. Disposition fees (Honda has none, most other makes do)
    2. Returning the vehicle and dealing with wear and tear negotiations
    3. excess mileage and paying for that if you go over the allotment

Other than that, yes leasing is the way to go IMO.

Buying involves pouring money into a car after 3-5 years on an annual basis to keep it running, including, but not limited to:

Tires, brakes, timing belts, motor mounts, a/c compressor, starters, batteries, etc.

If the world ends today, it won't matter anyway.
    Wow!

I'll have to have you negotiate my next lease!

I don't think those numbers are doable in NJ.
    Drive in Altima felt really good.
    I liked the seats, etc.
    But Sonata numbers are s much better especially on base model.
    I am looking for lumbar adjustment and I do not get it in Altima unless I take SL which is top end.
    Also Sonata seats looked good compared to black plush look of sonata.

I know you get other features in Altima SV like dual zone climate control, back up camera but I do not care much for them.

I am not sure what the right price is for altima so I
    The extended warranty from Warranty Direct is about $1100 for a plan ($100 ded per covered failure visit) called "10/100 PowerWrap Plus" that covers for 10 years/100,000 miles.

I generally don't buy extended warranty for electronics. What's the general opinion on Extended Warranty for new cars ? Is it worth paying for it ? It comes to about $110 per year.

Thanks in Advance.
    If you can get a 10-year b2b warranty FROM THE MANUFACTURER for around $1100, and either plan on keeping the car a long time or the warranty is transferable, that could be a good deal. Consider the cost of just one repair e.g. a computer. And a used car with a full warranty is worth more.

But I stay away from 3rd-party warranties after a bad experience I had with one a few years ago. I bought a used Mazda MPV with what seemed like a great extended warranty. Cost about $1200 but covered everything. For awhile it was great, used it a couple of times, saved maybe $500 on repairs. Then the warranty company went belly-up... never got any kind of settlement out of it.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

I spoke with the dealer. He said that Hyundai does not have its own extended warranty plan, unlike Ford. I need to do some research.

I have few questions:
    Is it true that Hyundai does not have its own extended warranty program ?
    Is Warranty Direct a decent firm ? Are there any other reputable ones ?
    What happens, if these third-party firms go out of business ? Are they not backed by any organizations ?
    That's news to me, that Hyundai does not offer an extended warranty plan. They used to, because I was offered such a plan more than once by Hyundai dealers in the past. And as I recall it was a pretty good one, too--extended the b2b warranty to 10/100k and was transferable. But I passed on it. Good thing, too... my 2004 Elantra is nearly 9 years old and has never needed a major repair. And I still have some powertrain warranty left.
  • dreamcatcher34dreamcatcher34 Member Posts: 1
    I Just leased a 2013 Sonata GLS with Popular Package + Remote starter & Floor Mats. With the $2000.00 of incentives + a down payment of $500 I was able to get my monthly payment down to $207. This includes taxes and all other fees. The term is for 36 months/12000year. I would like to think that I got a good deal. It seems it but I would like to hear some feedback from you