Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Aurora Maintenance & Repair

1141142143144145147»

Comments

• dkarnesdkarnes Posts: 4
    Re-glued the button to the windshield, trick was getting the button off the mirror, take the housing apart so one can use pliers to squeeze clip together to slide button down and off.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,244
    yes some car mirrors are tedious because of their design. So it works now?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• dkarnesdkarnes Posts: 4
    Yes the mirror/w compass and housing clicked onto the button fine. I had bought a glue kit from OReilly's but when I found the mirroe/compass was fairly heavy, I went down to the Cadillac garage and got a kit that they use, a couple dollars more but I wanted to be sure it would work. They also did the initial "button" removal for me, which was not easy. A metal compression spring holds the "button with teats on the back) in place! So does did not slide out easily. Needed to use pliers to compress the spring metal etc. Thanks a Bunch!
  • brinwoodbrinwood Posts: 32
    The clicking could be from one or many injectors. they do click when functioning.
    (sorry I am 7 years late with an answer) !
  • I have a 2001 Aurora 4.0, installed Bosch Platinum +4's...6 years ago. Still runs like a new car (124,000 now, had 70,000 when installed). I plan on taking them out at 170,000 miles or more if it still runs like it does now-so much for internet myths. By the way, install those 'regular' plugs in your aluminum heads (more often) and tell me why it is a good thing.
  • I know its late, but I just saw this post. When I bought my 2003 Aurora 4.0 in July, it had similar condition. Replacing the master window switch in the drivers door cured my problems. (Dealer had diagnosed it; they sent me the part when they got it.) I cannot remember if the sunroof was bad, but I know the remote gas/truck lid would not work until I replaced the switch, which is easy to do. The power for those switches runs through that switch.
  • korcarikorcari Posts: 16
    Brody3

I have an '99 Aurora and ran into the same problem. I cant open the passenger front door from inside or outside.

What did you do to get your open?

Thank you
  • my mechanic opened it with a slim jim opener.
    door needed a new mechanism.
    rust got it.