Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Aurora Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2014 in Oldsmobile
You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites (www.ofoto.com/, www.fototime.com, www.clubphoto.com) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/122804.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please let me know.

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• rjs200240rjs200240 Member Posts: 1,277
    Here are some picts of my car. This is when I first got it. I had just washed it and applied some Gold Class wax. Actually, you can see some haze where it didn't wipe off all the way. This is mostly on the lower body parts where it is hard to see when standing. I've noticed it can be a hard product to remove.

You can see what the chromed exhaust tips look like. The inside looks sort of crappy because of the rust color around where the pipe joins the tip on the inside. I think the flash of the camera and the low angle made this more noticeable because it isn't usually noticeable.

http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/

• javidoggjavidogg Member Posts: 366
    Picture of my Aurora soon.
    How did you manage to post the picture of your Aurora, getting a good size to fit in here? The Town Hall HOST said that if you put a up a picture to make sure is not that big, your picture seems of a good size, how did you do that? Oh by the way nice looking ride.
  • nne3jxcnne3jxc Member Posts: 134
    The picture's source is already that size. The "img src" code doesn't do any resizing, just reads the picture from where ever you specify and displays it. If you pointed it to a huge 800x600 bitmap, it would display the picture at that size, but then anyone using a dial-up connection would take a couple of minutes to download the image. (and be rather annoyed with you!)
    My pics are Jpegs at 320x240 pixels and are 30k and 25k respectively.

And, Thanks -- I like it, definitely was a steal last year at <$9,000.
    Here is my Ride what you all think? Sorry for being all big and all, I will work on that, this is my first picture that I post.

• shucknetshucknet Member Posts: 98
    That's a sweet red X you drive. Where are the wheels?
    It's weird how every time I log in here, I'm able to see the picture of my ride. I got to fix this thing, may be I'll shrink down the pic a bit.
  • HenryHenry Member Posts: 1,106
    Your picture project sounds like a very involved process. I hope that you finally get the pictures to work.

Beep beep
    I gave up posting pictures here, I finally signed up at http://www.cardomain.com/, I'm under Javidogg if you like to see my Aurora rollin' hard. It's a lot easier to create a profile for your ride with a web page setup, all for free there. I like to see you all there, as of now there is only 12 Auroras listed with me, I invite you to check it out, tell me what you think? You have an Aurora? Show it off there.
  • 800wattaurora800wattaurora Member Posts: 187
    Finally got some pics up. Cardomain.com won't let me up-load any pics today, error city.

Anyways here's some pics anyway http://photos.yahoo.com/taylorsturf

800wattAURORA

• shucknetshucknet Member Posts: 98
    I don't see any pics.
    Yesterday cardomain gave me error codes, Today pics up-loaded!!

Still some sorting/adding to do over the next couple of days

http://www.cardomain.com/id/800wattaurora

800wattAurora

Not bad dude, man that's a sweet pearl white. Nice Alpine too.
  • musclecar97musclecar97 Member Posts: 111
    Nice ride, tell me what the wheel chroming process cost and what was involved. Thanks.
    I think you should take a look at the black Classic with the 2001 chrome wheels. THAT is HOT HOT HOTT

By the way, you know that the 800 watts is really closer to maybe 35-60 watts RMS into 8 ohms.

But WATTman you still got a nice ride and system. I am sure if I listen late at night I can hear it here in NJ.
    Thanks guys for checking out my ride,

musclecar97-The wheels are from http://www.aaarims.com First they send you thechrome plated rims, Charge $1,000. After you put them on, send back your old alloys in the same boxes, they refund you $450. They will deduct extra for major nicks and stuff. Very happy with the quality of them. They look brand new.

Henry-I'm not one of those guys who claim their PEAK power, because it's higher #, like you think I'm doing. My peak power is 1,600 Watts.
    I KNOW MY CAR STEREOS!!! In the CAR AUDIO WORLD, most speakers are 2-ohm or 4-ohm, subs could come 8-ohm thru 1-ohm and wired many ways. Anyways, ALL of MY speakers are 4-ohm speakers, I know, I bought them.

House speakers are mostly 8-ohms.

My JL AUDIO AMPS put out 800 WATTS RMS @ 4-ohms

75x4+500X1=800watts RMS @ 4-ohms

peak power is double @ 2-ohms=1,600 watts.

More pics coming soon, entering in my first stereo competion this Sunday. I don't really care what I score, just going for fun. I'm at a disadvantage as far as stereo competion go. Since I'm rated at 800 watts RMS( IASCA rates @ 4-ohms), I'm in the 601-unlimited class. I'll be against guys with unlimited wattage. I have no chance, but It'll be fun.

My stereo sounds unbeliveably CLEAR. It's set-up for sound quality, there's plenty of mids-highs with the bass, actually more highs than bass. Any kind of music sounds great in my car, it's not a BASS HEAVY set-up. Every-one that I've taking for a test ride/listen says my stereo is the most clear system they've heard. JAMS ANYTHING. Next comment is nice dash. Thank you exoticwooddash.com

800wattAURORA

ps. I'm NOT the guy bumping down the block.

I used 8 ohms because I am a house audio person. Though you are correct that most car speakers are 4 ohms. When I got rid of my car, I kept my Polk car speakers from 1984 and used them in my house. I had to put a 4 ohm resister in the cabinet with them to make sure my Pioneer amp was properly loaded. Yes, I still remember Ohms triangle.

E=I*R
    Finally got more pictures up. Can you say heatshield?

Taylor

You said you wanted to see us with our cars, so here I am with my Aurora! Ok, it didn't work. So go here to see it. Man, it's hard to find a free place to host pictures that will allow you to link to them (probably because there's no money in it).
    Hmm, you are a true reflection of your car.
    Ok, I am trying to get the picture to show inline.

Tada... :)

Here's a shot of the hood.

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Love the first photo! :-)
    Nice 2002 Aurora pictures. You should add some more exterior shots of the whole Aurora. Man you guys with the 2002 Aurora's. They look nice. Ever consider adding some bigger wheels like some 18's or 20's? Check me out, click the link below, I got 18's on mine. Peace.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/javidogg

Nice pictures Bob. Shine looks real nice. I like the 4.0 reflection best. What's your detailing methods? Is it Zaino?

How did you get pictures to show up here? Karen? Also can you show pics off hardrive instead of a linked html address? They should add attachment option.

Taylor

No, you can't upload pictures to Edmunds. That would be nice, though. What I did was search for a place that lets you host images instead of just albums or websites. If you go here you can set it up to show some pictures. However, they put that little banner across the top. This place also hosts photos and doesn't have any banners. But you are limited to 5MB of transfers a day, so if you have a few picts, or they are sort of big, only about 10-20 people can view it. However, that might be ok for the Aurora forum here. I like that "Aurora 4.0" reflection too. It looked better in person, though. And that little banner sort of messes it up.

The car at the time of the picture was prepped with Meguiar's products. I used Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, then #7, and then #26. For some of the pictures, there was Medallion Premium Paint Protectant under the #26, but I found it removes the #7 so I stopped using it. I can't tell which pics are which, though... This last weekend I went over the car with Meguiar's Swirl Free Polish which did a good job removing the light swirls (I'd rather not use a harsher product because I'd rather keep as much clearcoat as possible and just try to hide them). Then I used Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and two coats of Blackfire Protectant. So far I'm really pleased with it. It has a similar depth to #26, but a much clearer reflection. Also, it seems to make the paint look more metallic. It's easier on and off than a carnauba and am very satisfied with it. As long as it lasts a while... I might try topping it with a carnauba just to see (I've got some #26, but also some Souveran).

Here are some shots of the bigger picture (although I really love those across the hood shots). All of you who don't see the resemblance between classic and new, study this pic and study a picture of the classic. I tell you, the lines are there.

Here's another front shot

And here's what the car really looks like, with its license plate on.

Thanks for the compliment Karen!

Ok, here's some picts to compare. I really think they have a lot in common. Taylor, I hope you don't mind that I stole your picture of your car.

And here I was just goofing around with Photoshop. It's mildly interesting to see the cars overlaid on one another (although the pictures don't have quite the same angle).

Ok, I'll stop now. I won't make you say "mercy". I'll draw the line here since I've posted a million pictures.

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I use to post a list of photo hosting sites, however, many of them no longer allow cross linking to other sites. Thanks for the info on those two sites!
    Nice cars. I suggest evry Aurora owner that plans on keeping their cars until they become true "Classics" should consider buying an extra set of center caps for the car. I had one of mine stolen (as did two other guys) and they are not that easy to find outside of the dealer. I think that is why mine was taken.

Henri
    Here is a shot of the back of the car. It isn't the best picture, though. I don't have any real good ones of the back.

Karen, it's no prob listing the sites. Actually, I figured some of these guys would post some picts now that they know a place that will host them. I'm sure some of you have some pretty awesome Aurora pictures.

Nice.

How do I get a picture to show up here? Not a just the link location. What do I type?

Thanks in advance.

Taylor

If you go to villagephotos.com and open an account, you can upload some pictures. Try to keep them under 50K (use JPEGs) because you are bandwidth limited to 5 MB per day. Anyway, once you upload it, it will show up in your "folder" on their site. If you click on an individual image to make it bigger, it will list the html code you need to clip. Basically it's [img src="here's the source"] except use < and > instead of [ and ].

If you go to that other site I listed photo.starsomething or other, you'll have to manually type in the location here. However, they have no bandwidth limit (but they put a banner on your picture). You also have to figure out the address. It will be photo.starblvd.net/youruserid/x-y-z.jpg where x and y and z are the location in the gallery. You'll see. The gallery will have like 5 pages (x) and 5 rows (y) and 5 columns (z). So your first picture will be 1-1-1.jpg and your second will be 1-1-2.jpg and your sixth will be 1-2-1.jpg. It's sort of weird at first, but easy once you figure it out. Plus, your pictures won't show up as a red X like if your bandwidth were exceeded.

Here's an example for that front shot of your Aurora. It would be

[img src="http://images.cardomain.com/installs/214000-214999/214083_34_full.jpg"]

and here is what would happen with <> instead of []
    I didn't think it would work. So I guess you don't need to bother setting up another location. I didn't figure cardomain would let you link their photos outside of their site. So all you need to do is put in the address of your cardomain photos (you can right-click the photo on a webpage and select "properties" if you want to know it's address).
    Thanks man!

First shot at it,

My trunk

and behind the wall, Did somebody say louder? No problem!

Taylor

Nice, it worked!

Under the hood shot.

One more for fun!

Taylor

Looking good, Taylor. That airbox shield you made looks very professional. Did you tint the rear lights/trunk reflector on your car? It looks really dark. I thought they were redder than that.
  • stickking1stickking1 Member Posts: 247
    Well, let's see if this works.

Sorry about the crappy LeMans in the background....(what was I thinking?)

• hardestyhardesty Member Posts: 166
    That's a great shot Hardesty! I like the chrome rims. I never really liked chromed wheels before, but Edmunds had some shots of a cherry 2001 with chromes. It looked pretty good. Yours look awesome. Maybe I should have considered them. Can you tell me what your detailing regimine consists of? The paint looks great. It has a nice glow to it (you missed the tires, though). Great photo!

Oh, was that with a digital camera, or did you scan it? We just got a scanner (an HP 2200c) because it was super cheap. However, the picts come out fairly grainy. I'm not that impressed with it (that's why I scaled mine down so the grain isn't as bad). Wondering what you used...
  • stickking1stickking1 Member Posts: 247
    Allright I couldn't resist. Since the "Across the hood" shot seems to be very popular, I thought I'd put another up. Maybe I'll get around to posting pics of my car while I'm working on it. I wish my pics could be as clear as Hardesty's. I hate my scanner

Please do me a favor and see my comment on the main board.

Thank you
    Here's a night shot at the track. Notice no hubcaps.

and one of the rear, not as nice as the first,

Taylor

More track pics from a while back

Taylor

However, I think you used a flash on the night shots. What kmakes the picture hard to tke is that the flash eliminates some of the shadows that highlight the lines on the body.
    Here is that advertisement I mentioned. I actually have a lot of Aurora ads now (some booklets I came into as a result of notifying Olds that their website needed correction. You'll notice those problems I pointed out earlier are now gone). I think I will set up some pages on my website since it's too much to post here. Or maybe a gallery on one of my photo sites would be easier. Whatever, I'll let you know.

just so you have an idea what sort of pictures I'm talking about. They are mostly IRL-related ads/photos. I don't know how interested the rest of you are in the IRL stuff, though. Let me know if you are dying to see it.

Ok, I tried yahoo pictures for a gallery, and they don't let you view full-size images. So then I tried this starphoto thing. It seemed like it would work, but then some of the biggies are scaled down. This means you can't read the text... :\ Here they are for now, though, until I find some way to show them full-size without having to put together a web page. Besides, my free geocities account is getting pretty full. How about this, since many of you may not even care, if you want a bigger picture of one of these, email me at aurora402002@yahoo.com and tell me which ones. I'll send them to you.

http://photo.starblvd.net/aurora402002?st=album&pg=2

Here are some shots of Greg's car. This is with the original wheels. Doesn't the sort of matte look of this photo make the car look tough? It looks like the car is about to kick someone in the face:

And here is with the 2001+ 17" wheels. Man, look at the shine on that thing. It's crazy.

And another:

This discussion has been closed.