Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Aurora Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    I started to answer you yesterday, but my power went out!

It's not your browser. The Owners Clubs discussions are set in a certain order. Some of the other clubs have long lists of linked discussions from other boards. This way the "Owners" discussions stay at the top of the list order. Sorry for the confusion!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• stickking1stickking1 Posts: 247
    Dropped by my Olds dealer while at work today to look at a nice black 2002 they had in stock and was chatting with the salesman when he mentioned that they had gotten a "Final 500" in. I went over to take a look then returned later that day with my camera. I thought I should get a few pics of my '95 with the last of the brand. Seeing as how my car was built in 6/94, this is about as far apart as they get. Sorry if my car is a bit dirty, I would have loved to give her a wash before the shoot, but time didn't allow.

If you look closely, my car is waving in the reflection...at least I'd like to think she is.

The dealer had about a dozen '01 or newer in stock, I was really surprised. You can see mine hiding out in the back..."One of these is not like the others...."

Here is the one I was there to look at....drool.

I was really stunned by how dark the color of the Final's were....almost plum to my eye. I'd love to have one of them, but I like the original wheels and the color was not my favorite, still beautiful...but I am a sucker for black.
  • rjs200240rjs200240 Posts: 1,277
    Looks like an Aurora gathering or something! I've never seen Aurora's lined up like that before. Not even at any Olds dealers. The most they ever had was about two at one time. That reflection shot of your car off the CE is excellent.

Maybe we need to start an Aurora Owner's club so that we can see Aurora's lined up like that...

They all look so much better without the front plate. My state requires them, but I've yet to have any problems with not mounting it.

Thanks for sharing those photos! What awesome cars... I'd want to sit in each one... Hey, did they have any that weren't neutral/light neutral interiors? I've seen it gray once, but that's it. It was nice, but not nearly as welcoming as the lighter colors. Plus, it wasn't two-toned. Never saw the sage or mocha two-toned interiors.
  • larryfllarryfl Posts: 214
    Great Pictures! Your car looks great. I'll pretend that's mine next to the 'Final'.

I still like the looks of the Classic best - and the comparison just validates it! ....of course, I'm not biased or anything....
  • garnesgarnes Posts: 950
    Yes, great photos. The reflection one is very cool indeed.
  • HenryHenry Posts: 1,106
    I was beginning to think I was becoming too attached to my car.

I see I am not alone.

Once you drive Aurora theres no going back. (not without a fight)

Henri
  • You know, when I was looking over some pics of my car with the new rims, I started to see a resemblance to the Antares show car. I think the 2001+ wheels are a big step towards that...which is great, because I think the picture of the Antares is awesome! Now I just have to figure out a mod for the exhaust....
    The Antares:

My car:
    I checked out the Series 1 at the local Ferrari dealership again. This time I had a camera with me:

That is VERY cool! Can you e-mail me that picture if you have it in a higher resolution? That'll go on the wall.
    Here's some nice shots of Greg's car. Man does it look deep. That paint is flawless!

Here's some night shots of Greg's car:

P.S. Greg, you've got mail.
    Thanks for the Shelby Series 1 picture. The 1.6 MB jpg provided plenty of resolution such that I cropped the door emblem and printed it out on photo paper and it's almost the full length of of the paper. It's still razor sharp too.

It's really a cool picture that'll go on the office wall with the other Aurora stuff.
    No problem. It's actually a dash emblem, though. It's right in front of the passenger. You can see the plastic grain around it (I wonder if that's good plastic or bad plastic? I guess it depends on the sticker price.)
    It's the cheap plastic. The Series 1 is made in USA and has an Oldsmobile engine so it must be the bad plastic.

Someone should make the car critics do a blindfold test of the "feel" of plastic to see if they can tell any difference. You could do the same with material samples to test the "look" part too. The results would be hilarious for sure. My bet the only thing looking and feeling bad would be the stupid car critic.

Thanks again.
    I was perusing the photos again and was surprised by how many are little red x's. A lot of them are links to Cardomain. I wonder if they stopped allowing people to link to their stuff? Or if they just changed some directory hierarchy and broke everyone's links...
  • Yeah, Bob...I had notcied that a day or two ago as well...popped on to see what was new in the photo gallery and many of my pics were turned into beautiful little red x's. Let me try to post one of my pics to see if it works.

Well, there you go...must have just changed the index and broke all of the links...I'll have to update my old posts sometime soon.
    Those silver 01+'s look really good on that bronze mist. - guessing on color name.
  • Close, but no cigar. This '95 is Light Antelope Metallic...I thought the name had been changed to Bronze Mist for later models, but maybe it is a totally different color.

I always told myself I would get black for the next one...but I'm really starting to love this color. I am a detailing fanatic, so it doesn't give me quite as much satisfaction as black or even a nice dark green, but there is something about this color at dusk. I don't get the feeling that the car is reflecting the color of the sunset, it really takes on the color of the sky...good stuff. If I got a 99 or older, I would go with this color or black, but if I got a 01 or newer then I would also consider that Bordeaux Red that RJS has...I love that color!
    but it is Cherry Red Metallic. The Bourdeaux Red was a 2003 only color, and judging from the color sample (never saw one in that color) it is slightly darker, redder, and less metallic. Though, it would be nice to see it on a whole car (I'd have liked to see that 2003 Steel Blue color too).

It was actually the color that got my wife and I looking at the Aurora. We were checking out Intrigues and wanted red, but the Intrigue red was leaving us just a tad cold. Then my wife said "Can't we get it in that red?" as she pointed at a Cherry Red Metallic 2001 Aurora. Then we made the fateful mistake of going over and sitting in it. That was it. She was sold totally on the interior, and of course I was duly impressed. What impressed me more was the V8, increased level of luxury and features, the IIHS "best-pick" rating, the V8, the fact that it really wasn't a whole lot more expensive than a loaded GLS, the V8, and mainly the fact that it had a V8.

I was aware of Auroras at the time, and always thought they were neat cars, but it never really dawned on me to check one out when we were looking for a new car. Thank God the dealership had a red one in stock or I'd be over on the Intrigue board!
  • You can go ahead and change this to the "mistaken color" thread now...oh well, yours is the only red that I have really liked in the Aurora. The Final 500 is a bit too dark for me.
  • Bronze mist is alomst orange in color. Saw it on ebay and though it was pretty odd for an Aurora lol.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm chiming in to interject my comments on the color discussion currently taking place.

I have seen all the 2003 colors for the Aurora in person and the 2002 Cherry Metallic also. My thoughts about some of the colors are:

My selling dealer had a Bordeaux Red Aurora on the lot and I compared it to the Dark Cherry Metallic of the Collector's Edition that I have. The Bordeaux Red looked more like a dark plum metallic color. It was slightly brighter than the Dark Cherry and you have to be in bright sunlight to get the angle of the sun reflecting just right to see the metallic sparklies in the paint. The Dark Cherry is like that too. I obviously preferred the Dark Cherry more. I think that it is prettier and the more dramatic of the two.

The Steel Blue Metallic looks like a baby blue metallic as best as I can describe it. The picture in the 2003 Oldsmobile brochure for the Aurora is pretty true to the actual color. I thought that it was the only one that was of all the colors in the brochure samples. This same color was also available on the Bonneville for 2003.

My selling dealer had one last 2002 model on the lot for a long time and it was a Cherry Metallic 3.5. The Cherry Metallic is definitely brighter than the Dark Cherry and can be a little dark looking too when not in direct sunlight. The sunlight brings out the color and the sparklies in it as well. It liked it better than the Bordeaux Red, but still am hooked on the Dark Cherry.

If I had not bought a Final 500, I would have bought a White Diamond as a regular model. It is my all-time favorite for the Aurora. It seems to be such as thick paint color.

I think that the Aurora was the best value Luxury car that GM offered for 2003 in terms of luxury, performance, features, warranty, and price. A Park Avenue Ultra costing over $42,000 fully loaded and FAUX (fake plastic) wood trim instead of REAL wood trim like the Aurora and NO BOSE radio option like the Aurora is an IMMEDIATELY turnoff to me. What is Buick thinking? I thought that they were supposed to be the Cadillac wannabee division. Looks like Oldsmobile beat them every time with the Aurora.

O.K. My 2 cents is over(probably not worth one). Continue the discussions! ;-)

Bryant
  • javidoggjavidogg Posts: 366
    Here you can see the HELLA ballast on the far lower right corner of the engine area.

Here is a front shot, lights on.

Side shot.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/javidogg

Peace.
    Your car looks great. Looks like you did some exhaust work - maybe?? Tips look good. You should tell us what you did on the mod board.
    There was a guy on Autopia who posted up a shot of his 911 being jacked from the rear point. The whole side was lifted up, and everyone was all aflutter about the impressiveness of anything Porsche... The idea being that Porsches are so infinitely superior in chasis structure that the whole side can be lifted from one jacking point.

It was a neat shot, but I can do it too with the Aurora. Unfortunately I can't capture the picture as well since my garage is small (and the photo never seems to show it lifted as well). The back tire doesn't come off the ground, but that's mainly because my car has substantially more suspension travel than a 911, and the rear seems to have more than the front. The tire is barely touching, though. If the front jack had like an inch more travel, both tires would be off the ground (the front gets raised just enough to pull the wheel off, but it isn't much further off the pavement than that.

Just thought you guys might find it cool. In this shot, my car is jacked up from the front driver's side jacking point:

• Loved that thread...thanks for posting the pics and reminding me of it again. I was thinking of changing my signature line to: "It sure does burn evenly", but I thought only you and I would get that. Great stuff!
  • yea, he has a complete flowmaster system he's had for 3 years :O I found him trying to search for Bose help.
This discussion has been closed.