Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 MAXIMA

larryls92larryls92 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Nissan
FOR THE FUEL CUT PROBLEM.I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY NEW POSTS ON THE FUEL CUT SINCE JUL.26,2001.HAS NISSAN REALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM THIS TIME.I DON'T HAVE A 5TH GEN.MAX BUT WOULD LIKE TO LOOK INTO THE 2002.I JUST FOUND THIS MESSAGE SITE BUT I'VE ALREADY READ ALL THE PAST POSTS FROM "5-SPEED PROBLEMS".WHERE HAVE BIGK200,OPIMAX,DAVEDZNY AND,Y2KSE GONE?

Comments

• thomasjordanthomasjordan Member Posts: 1
    We don't expect to see a manual (6-sp) 2002 maxima for at least a few months (I've even heard January), so we can't really tell if the fuel cut problem exists. I imagine since we've had a fix ( granted that's arguable) for a while that the 2002 max will be fine.
  • gtspecgtspec Member Posts: 55
    I've just bought a 2002 MAXIMA SE "Sterling Mist" today, and I will pick up the car tomorrow! Does anyone know what's the exact procedures for new car "break-in". This is my first time buying a new car, so please advice on the break-in steps : ) THANKs!

I will keep updating my feedbacks from my 2002 SE, hopefully will be good ones.
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    Your owner's manual will provide detailed information re break in procedures, but generally avoid the following for the first 1,000 miles:

- extended driving at the same speed
    - hard acceleration
    - trailer towing
    - hard braking ( for 100 miles of city driving or 1,000 miles of highway driving)
    I've just pick-up my 2002 SE yesterday afternoon, and so far so good, except that the "clock" and "Security" LED won't show or light-up????? I will take it to the dealer next week?

Does anyone know if the indash 6-CD changer is standard on all 2002 Maxima, because I think mine doesn't have it, and I check with Nissan website and it says the indash 6-CD changer is standard on all Maxima, now I'm confuse???
    I just brought my 2002 SE to the dealer and they just need to replace a fuse to make the clock and security LED come ON! Simple!
  • nicktnickt Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone leased a new Max? My dealer is quoting a money factor of .00317 on a fully loaded SE for 39mo 15k/yr
  • jpierobonjpierobon Member Posts: 1
    Please share any info or opinions you have. I'm considering buying a 2002 Maxima GLE. Rough price I'm being quoted is about $29,000, depending on the options.

Specifically, are the fuel and clock & LED light problems I'm reading about on this message board endemic to Maximas?

My baseline for comparison is 10 years of no unscheduled maintenace with my 1992 Honda Accord LX. My daughter starts driving it next month.
    The "Clock & LED" is not a problem at all, it's just one of the fuse was not plug in that's all. So far so good with my 2002 Maxima SE. I paid $24,000 before tax (on 10-12-2001), with not much option except floor mats, rear splash guards, and automatica transmission (no additional cost). I'm still in the break-in period with only 260 miles on it. Haven't really floor-it yet, cann't wait till I get my 1st oil change at 1000 miles, then I will really find out the potential of this 255HP engine : ) Very HAPPY with it as of now !
  • merlionmerlion Member Posts: 39
    I just got my 2002 Maxima SE (Sterling Mist)too ! with floor mats and splash guards like u. Heh ... we got the same thinking here.

so far the driving is fun ! I tried the HID lights just now. One word ! Awesome ! They are bright and white in color. Worth every penny. At night, all the buttons are lit up in the interior ... very nice !
    I am upgrading from a 1990 car so the difference for me is huge !

Like u , I will break in the car as recommended in the user manual.
  • mikemc1mikemc1 Member Posts: 10
    I just picked up my 02' Max GLE last week. The car is really wonderful. Has every option
    except the navigation system and I paid less than $30,000. The Xenon lights are awesome.
    I really like the heated steering wheel. The fuel mileage is excellant for a 255hp engine.
    This is my first brand new car I have ever had and the first foreign car I have purchased.
    I anticipate having no problems with this car based on Nissan's quality control.
    I would like to know from other owners how their new Max is doing.
    Can any other 2002 Maxima owners tell me what's their idling RPM? My 2002 SE is idling at 500~600 RPM and I think that's a little bit low, because I can feel the slight vibration through the steering wheel at idling speed. Is this normal? Thanks in advance !!!
  • mikemc1mikemc1 Member Posts: 10
    That right around what mine is idling around. I do not feel any vibration through my steering
    wheel though.
    Does anyone know if a 2002 MAXIMA SE comes with the wiring for the 6 disc CD-changer (trunk mount) pre-wired to the trunk, and can it control the changer? My is a 1 CD (2-DIN) base system, without BOSE option. Has anyone installed a trunk mount Nissan changer (made by Clarion) themselves? Thanks!
  • pwitzpwitz Member Posts: 51
    Drove the new Maxima, and am hooked.
    Anyone know if I can possibly get a better deal on a GLE with the following:
    Meridian Package
    Mats
    Side Air Bags
    Sunroof
    Traction Control

Dealer right now has the Nissan 3.9& for 36 months....his deal is $300 over invoice...do I not look back, or have others gotten better?
This discussion has been closed.