Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Accessories and Modifications

123457»

Comments

• ironmanjmaironmanjma Member Posts: 3
    I hear you...I will be extremely careful in deciding to let CT touch the truck....they do have one mechanic here who is very good and I would trust. They did a Benz for me a couple of years ago and it worked out okay. Anyway, thanks for the "heads up." I will source a Toyota dealer to see what they can do.
  • teach45teach45 Member Posts: 4
    I had the install done at CT in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. I did not go for the $25 kit and went with a kit manufactured by Standard Auto Parts (DRL-1). Check out the Tundra Solutions Forum(DRL's Issue Thread)posted by me. Installed in March/07 by CT electrical tech(his 1rst time), the unit was not available at CT but was picked up at a local auto parts supplier in PA. Cost about $140 for parts and install.
    I received detailed instructions from Standard Auto website as to install specific to the Toy Tundra(2005). To date unit works well with all the features of OEM. Good luck. If u need more info email.
  • teach45teach45 Member Posts: 4
  • ironmanjmaironmanjma Member Posts: 3
    Teach45: Thanks for the info....Our local NAPA has DRL Kit from Echlin (They told me Echlin and Standard are subsidiarly companies). I will let you know how I make out. Thanks again.
  • truckbmetruckbme Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 07 tundra last night & love it...but....
    TOO BIG for wifey....thought about side steps but this is a huge truck soooo....any suggestions anyone....
  • jwinnerjwinner Member Posts: 7
    Have the same problem!! Only solution....get a bigger wife!!
  • eric102eric102 Member Posts: 122
    Or, install the Aries Deluxe 4" oval tubes. They look great and the wife isn't complaining anymore (at least about getting in the truck :) ).
  • znooriznoori Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me the tec name and Number at Prince Albert CT to ask him the supplier and diagram to install DRL in my truck.

Thanks
  • h20h20 Member Posts: 42
    Can anyone direct me to a good site to view and or purchase a bed divider for a 07 tundra crew max.

Thanks in advance, h20
  • lcw1lcw1 Member Posts: 36
    Any recommendation on the type/make and where to buy is greatly appreciated.
  • barirwbarirw Member Posts: 2
    I have a topper on my Tundra but when I drove a Dodge I used the Truxedo low profile tonneau cover - it worked great. Access tonneau covers are great also - there are the cover that Truxedo copied.
  • lcw1lcw1 Member Posts: 36
    Sure thanks
  • nickdunickdu Member Posts: 3
    I've got four kids and therefore need seating for six. Our other car can seat us just fine, but in case that car is in the shop we need to be able to fit all of us in the Tundra (if we go through with purchasing a Tundra). I therefore need the bench front seat. I was told they can turn the cloth seats into leather using an after factory company to do the work. But in looking over the options it appears there are several I can't get with the bench front seat. So I'm wondering if there is any way to get a Limited model and turn the front bucket seats into a bench seat.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Can someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages between the 18" and 20" wheels? Just wondering if upgrading to the 20" wheels is something I would want to do.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • h20h20 Member Posts: 42
    The differance is $$$$ lots of $$$$ unless you are trying to impress with bling bling bling don't bother with 20's. 18ings will do the trick.
  • bonestonebonestone Member Posts: 3
    no, your either gonna have to wait it out, or get a custom kit made. i just got mine done by hostile costoms in berneville pa. they did a great job !
    I recently purchased a 08 Tundra CrewMax. For the most part a base model because I needed the bench front seat. I'm wondering if there is a way for me to upgrade the side view mirrors to power collapsible ones?

Thanks,
    Nick
  • tonycamtonycam Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 08 Tundra double cab, right now i'm getting about 14-15 mpg. How much will the dual exhaust help in power and mpg? Mine is the two wheel drive with the TRD, with the 20'' wheels. Love the truck.

Tonycam
  • yoteyote Member Posts: 2
    I really like the Tundra but today noticed what might be a show stopper. During the winter here in the mountains I sometimes need to use tire chains. However After looking at the front and rear wheels and suspension there is so little clearance I doubt that I'll be able to get a set on the tires. Has anyone got a solution to this problem??

'yote
  • brissettebrissette Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning on purchasing in-channel window vents for my 2008 Tundra. Has anyone had experience with these? I don't want to have a problem with wind noise when the window is closed or have the window back itself down as a safety feature if the vent gets in the way.
  • davebaumdavebaum Member Posts: 2
    What can I do to soften the suspension on my truck. It bounces so bad on the frwy, that my glasses fly off and anyone else riding with me can't even talk clearly. Please don't say to put 500 lbs of weight in the bed. Also when I slam on the brakes, the whole vehicle shutters like it's coming apart. I was wondering if I can remove the helper leaf on the rear suspension without causing any problems.
  • olerascalolerascal Member Posts: 13
    I'd like to rig my back up camera (nav. system version) to be able to use it in even in forward gear. There are many situations where this would be handy. I understand Toyota probably thought there may be some safety issues and did not want us to enable it that way. Does anyone know if it can be wired (with a switch) off of the back up light switch or something?
  • darstundradarstundra Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2008 Tundra and have the flat black that fit nicely against the cab. They are great and easy since the truck to up high. The tubular ones I have had in the past are harder to get your footing one and can become slippery when it rains. Mine came from the dealer but any after market would do. I have used mywooddash.com, they sell lots of aftermarket stuff besides dash kits and they have great prices. Hope this helps.
    I have a 08 Tundra Crewmax and it came with the temperature on the dash but the rearview mirror offers a compass and it migh also offer a temp ad on. It can be purchased aftermarket and from what I understand it is not an easy install but I could be wrong. Try looking up tundra 05 rearview mirror on google and you will probably find what you are looking for .Hope this helps.
    I have had them in different trucks and they have always been 3m stick onand you just have to be real careful to alighn perfectly, I have not experienced a drill type system. The 3m ones stay on as I drive at high speeds 70 to 85 on freeway. Hope this helps
    Hey, I am a girl and own a 2008 Tundra crewmax. BIG. I have running boards on the side and they work just fine with me getting in and out. I am 5'6 so I don't know about shorter girls but I think running boards would help and there are many to choose from to make you truck still look beaffy. My truck looks totally beaffy. Hope this helps
    I have a 08 Tundra Crewmax loaded. I just ordered the mangaflo dual side exhauset and spoke with several performance mufflers parts places to see if this will give me more hp and gasmileage. They saig 10 to 15 % more hp and more gas mileage. I also put on the air coolor air filter kit. I will let you know how it works out, bit everyone I spoke to say they do see a increase in performance ahd hp and mpg.
    hope this helps
    I have a 08 Tundra Crewmax with Navigation but once moving it will not let me change or even enter the destination. Is there anyway around this. Its kinda of a hassel because I have to stop to make my changes. Any help would help.
    Thanks
  • mrfleetwoodzzmrfleetwoodzz Member Posts: 2
    it helps! i put "JBA"s HEADERS,MAGNA FLOW EXAUST 2 1/2 IN AND 3" PIPE OUT STAGE 2 COMPTER CHIP <>< "JET PERFORMANCE THROTTLE BODY SPACER K&N INTAKE SYS. I OWN "05" TUNDRA IM IMPRESSED WITH PERFORMANCE.... IM NOW WORKING ON RACE OUT "CAM" & I NO ILL BE HARD TO CATCH OFF THE GREEN LIGHT!!!!!! SO PUT SUM $MONEY INTO UR TUNDRA U"LL BE HAPPY.........
  • mrfleetwoodzzmrfleetwoodzz Member Posts: 2
    IMPORTANT TIP FOR YOU LOSE THE FLOWMASTER THE BACK PRESSURE IS BAD ON ENGINE.REPLACE IT WITH MAGNAFLOW TRUST ME!!!!! I OWN 2005 TUNDRA MY UPGRADES /JBA)HEADER/STAGE2 CHIP/MAGNAFLOW/EXAUST/2 1/2" IN 3"OUT PIPE /THROTLE BODY/K&N INTAKE $5000_oo im building racing CAM 90% COMPLETE
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    I have 07 Tundra 5.7L. I've read posts here and there stating they increase MPG and or HP. Heard they make no difference at all. And even heard they decreased the performance. So anyone with real experience bring me up to speed.

I am thinking of installing magnaflow from Auto Something. The price is around 550.

1. How are the magnaflows working with the new tundra.
    2. Are they really easy to install. Do you have to lift the truck or slide under.
    3. Will my factory warranty be voided upon installation. If so does this apply to everything mechanical.
    4. Is there any difference in MPG
    5. Is the low end torque going to effort the performance of pulling an Airstream Trailer.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    3. Will my factory warranty be voided upon installation. If so does this apply to everything mechanical.

The only part of the factory warranty that will be voided will be on the exhaust. However, under the Moss Magnuson Warranty Act, if the dealer can determine that the aftermarket part installed directly contributed to the failure of another part, warranty can be denied.

MossMagnuson
  • rbk3rbk3 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks Obyone,

That's pretty much what I'm figuring out. Thanks
  • taylor1030taylor1030 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2009 crew max limited and would like to switch out the grill with the 2010 limited/platinum edition grill. Can the original toyota grills be purchased? and where do i find them? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.