Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• rayjay3rayjay3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello-- I am also looking at buying a 2006 Tacoma PreRunner Access Cab 4Cyl Manual with SR5 Pkg and Alloys.

I'm in the San Diego area, so obviously need a CA spec vehicle.

Andrew (toyluv) -- Any luck on a similar truck in the SF Bay area?

Thanks, Ray.
  • 4_bangr4_bangr Member Posts: 2
    Followup:

I have the truck now. The 4x4 reg cab in white looks AWESOME.
    Final price was $18,998 plus a $89 processing fee. (with the most expensive option package including SR5) I financed at 6.5 for 60 months. Maybe I could have got a better rate, but I plan pay off the loan w/ a home equity loan in 1 yr.

Final dealership experience with the salesman I had was very good. I didn't get all that great of an impression of the other salespeople, however.

The finance manager was polite, but tried to push several options on me such as ext. warranty and gap coverage, which I declined. After two tries, he stopped and just gave me the loan. Since every dealer has done this, I'd have to say the finance manager experience was good. He had his act together and we got done in about 10 minutes.

Oh, and they matched what Carmax was offering me on my trade.

The truck had 728 miles on it when I picked it up. I knew this would be so, because they had to transfer the truck. It was at a local dealer, then went to a far away dealer, and then back to this dealer because I required white and that was the only option.

Again, a good experience at Molle Toyota. That said, every dealership experience I have ever had, good and bad, has still been somewhat like going to a dentist.
  • fisherman2fisherman2 Member Posts: 20
    I think I did really well today in my deal.It involved a 92 mile trip,but it was worth it in the end.I live in south jersey and finding a 4x2 is very hard.Using the internet I located my truck.It was in Conicelli Toyota of Springfield,PA.(Jim C. Salesman)
    I paid 23.2
    PreRunner 4x2 Double Cab
    50 state emission
    Convience package
    SR5 # 2
    Tow Hitch Receiver
    Front and rear mats with door and sill protectors.

I also did very well on my trade.
    I traded a 03 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x2
    5.3 V8 engine
    Leer Cap
    Rhino Liner Limited Slip Diff
    50,000 miles
    They gave me 13,500
  • gdieckertgdieckert Member Posts: 12
    Wow that is a good deal. I live just north of Philly and I am also looking for a prerunner. Could you tell me how you did the deal? Was it by phone or over the internet? I want pretty much the same truck you got and any tips on your buying process with that dealer would be much appreciated!

Also, how did the trade-in work, did they just really want a Sierra or something?
    Well I was researching Tacomas and Frontiers for a couple of months.I live in south Jersey and there were zero 4x2's around.I searched all Toyota dealers in 150 radius.I located this truck in Conicelli Toyota of Springfield.It was the middle of the month,but called the dealership to make sure the truck was actually there.The day before Feb 28th (last day of month) I called to reconfirm the truck was not sold yet.This truck had exactly what I wanted except for maybe better wheels and grey interior.(body is white)My trade was in great shape,not a scratch on it,but it did have 50,000 miles.It was valued on a dealer trade between 13-14 grand in excellent shape on Edmunds as well as other sites.I got to the dealership after 1pm,they had the truck parked in front as they said they would.I let them check my truck out.They came back with an offer of 13 grand and pulled out an invoice which supposedly shown their price as being a couple hundred dollars more than I researched on Edmunds.The sales manager came out to try an close the deal.I told him here is my offer,23,200 for the new truck and I want 13,500 for the trade and was ready to do business right then and there.I also told him I didn't want to go back and forth any longer.The sales manager went out to look over my truck again and then went into his office.A couple minutes later he came out and said deal.They did try to hose me on the financing,but i stood my ground with that as well.I signed a contract with Toyota financial for 60 months @ 6.75% but told him since my credit score was 823 I could get 5 and 1/2 if I shopped around.He said fine,if you want to get another loan we'll tear up this contract.The next day I got approved from Bank of America for 5.69 and called the dealership.the finance manager told me if he was able to rewrite the loan for 5.9 would I take it,I said fine.the next day the new papers were overnighted to me with the 5.9%.I am very happy with the whole transaction.So far the build quality with this truck is excellent compared to GMC,Ford etc.
    Thanks for your help! I'll probably try the same thing this month. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.
    I had seen a similar truck at their other dealership in Conshocken(spelling?)That one was a Indigo Ink and had the TRD package.I noticed that dealerships further south get alot more 4x2's,so don't limit your search to Philly.Send me an email with what you want,I'll see if I can locate one for you.
    I'm looking for this truck:

2006 Prerunner Double Cab V6 Short Bed Tacoma
    Indigo Ink
    SR5 Package #2
    Limited Slip Diff

That's about it really. If it had something like the tow package or side airbags I think I could deal with that but I don't want to Pay for the TRD package. It's too bad that the one in Conshohocken is TRD or I'd jump on it. I have figured out that Carmax in Baltimore has these for no-haggle 300 bucks over invoice which is a great price but a long/complicated drive. They have a website with all their vehicles and prices. One thing I can't figure out though is that they list invoice and it's a few hundred higher than edmunds and other sites list for invoice. Not sure what that's about.
    Ok, I'll get on your case...........lol
    I remember a couple places in MD that had a few Prerunners.I'll post ASAP so you can do more homework.
    Ok I took a quick look around.I found exactly what you asked for,but it was in Silver Streak mica.
    Bill Page Toyota (Virginia)
    Stock # 3406

They had 4-6 Prerunners,even 2 Indigo Inks,but they had the TRD an Sports pak#1.
    I'll keep looking for you tonight when I get some time.
    Man, thanks for all your help. I was searching and found a great web dealer in Baltimore Called antwerpen toyota. Their site has their entire inventory. All the tacomas are priced 200 over invoice. That's pretty slick! No haggle 200 over is hard to beat!

Don't beat yourself up finding me a truck, but I do appreciate it!
    Holy Crap! I just realized that the dealer where you found the silver one has them priced at INVOICE! Wow, such a popular truck and they are letting them go cheap. Thanks so much for your help. I'm just gonna watch antwerpen, Bill Page, and carmax and wait for the Indigo.

Now...how am I going to get to virginia...hmm
    Ok I looked around.I found exactly what you wanted in White at Younger Toy in MD.
    Koons Toy in MD had a bunch of PreRunners in stock.
    Not sure how close this place is to your home,but with that kind of inventory,I'd target that place for the end of the month.They had a couple of Indigo's,but with a couple extra's you didn't list.
    Good luck,I'll keep looking when I get bored on here.
  • trucknorcaltrucknorcal Member Posts: 1
    Hi Truckbuyers,I'm looking for a 2006 Tacoma Prerunner 4x2 Access cab , 4 cyl. manual with the SR5#2 package, color silver. My local dealer told me there was only one north of Bakersfield and that MSRP is $21,080.00 (and a relocation fee of $380.00. I'll pick it up, no problem) He acts like its an impossibly difficult truck to find because know one wants a 4 banger Prerunner. What has been your experience locating one?
  • benzy1benzy1 Member Posts: 11
    I am told the following is a special order that will take up to three months:

Tacoma double cab 4x4 V6 5 speed auto short bed

"Quick Order Package #F"
    OC TRD Off-Road Package
    GY Curtain Side Airbags
    RL Daytime Running Lights
    TO Towing Package
    DZ Deluxe Audio In-Dash 6-CD Changer

Do you think it's the air bags or the deluxe audio? Is anybody else having touble finding side curtain air bags equipped on these puppies? And by three months, do they mean three months?
    Ok I found a truck. I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal. It's a leftover 2005 model, but they have it discounted.

2005 Double Cab V6 Tacoma Prerunner
    OFF-Road Package #1
    Tow Hitch
    Floor mats and Door sill protectors
    Exhaust tip by valor

They offered to sell it to me for 22919. What do you guys think? They say their invoice price was 23552. How much below invoice should a leftover 2005 be?
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Member Posts: 13
    200 over invoice!? That's too high to me! I bought my 2006 Tacoma Access Cab(4x2,2.7L though)with 4AT & SR5#2 package
    at 18600 which is about 5% lower than its invoice. CarMax in Kenosha, WI sells new Toyota & Chevy and many of them at below invoice prices. No Chicago area dealers could not even match the price and it was not even at the end of the month.
    Um... I live near Philadelphia so Chicago isn't real convenient to me. Also Carmax in Kenosha has 3 Tacomas. And nothing like I want. So thanks for your help, but 200 over invoice is pretty good deal around here. Besides my last post is over 600 under invoice...
  • royveraroyvera Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem on a few models finding GY - the side curtain airbags.

DZ should not be a problem in the doublecab.
  • royveraroyvera Member Posts: 2
    Go to the Toyota site - build your truck with the options you want - AccessCab 4 cyl, SR5, silver.

After you build your truck - you get directed to several dealers in your zip code & at the bottom a drop down of all the dealers in your area (with zip 77002 I get like 100 dealers). You can quickly pull up each dealer and see if your truck has the Status of "In-Stock". If they do go to the dealer's web-site and ensure they list the truck as in-stock.

Then you can begin your bargain techniques.

I've found my spec truck at 10 dealers and am now playing each one off of another. They can't tell me my truck is hard to find - i know exactly where they all are.

-rv
    Well I finally got my Taco.

I got a leftover 2005 DC V6 Prerunner
    Indigo Ink
    TRD Package
    Tow Hitch
    Exhaust Tip
    Floor mats

22 thousand even. (more than 1500 under invoice)
    Thanks for all your help! Now I just have to sell my 2004 Xtra Cab. Anybody want one? It's going cheap!
    So what dealer did you wind up at?
    Good luck,I'm sure you will enjoy it.Sounds like a decent deal,but you'd have to weigh the numbers if it was worth buying a 05.
  • seattlekimseattlekim Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I love Toyota cars, and may just buy my first Toyota pickup. I am considering buying a 96 Tacoma extended cab, V6, manual, 145K, excellent body and interior condition, clean cap with nice sturdy ladder rack (Which we need for our carpentry business). The few problems that showed up on the buyers check: needs a new clutch ($500-900), rear breaks are glazed, but with good life, and shocks are shot. He listed at $6800, wanted $5500, and I talked him to $5000. What do you think...still too much? I need to decide ASAP!
  • lexuslxlexuslx Member Posts: 18
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab
    4 cyl engine w/auto transmission
    80k miles
    SR5 Pkg.
    TRD Pkg.
    Bedliner
    Black w/Tan Cloth Seats

$13,750

I know that there is a demand for Double Cab Tacomas, but I am wondering if this Tacoma is worth $13,750. The online pages all say that retail is around $13-14,000 but this is a private party sale...but then again, there is a great demand for these trucks. It is the exact color combo that I am looking for... Should I spend this much or look for another one?

THANKS!
  • vincewood30vincewood30 Member Posts: 48
    If you haven't already got your truck trust me pay the extra cash and get the V6. I had an '05 with the 4 cylinder and 5 Speed. It lagged power for 1. Plus the V6 actually gets better fuel mileage I have found. I have a '06 with the V6 and 6 speed and it get about 4 or 5 MPG better than the 4 I had. It seems like the harder I run the truck the better mileage it gets. I think you only pay about $800 more for the V6 and it's worth every penny plus you'll get it back in resale.
  • jeffaz1622jeffaz1622 Member Posts: 2
    I've had a similiar experience with a popular dealer in Phoenix on Camelback Rd. I think they just say that because they want you to pick something else, particularly something they have right there in stock. I went to that dealer and told them I wanted a silver base Tacoma 4x2 access cab. They had several prerunners and sr5s but none like I wanted in stock. I was told those were "impossible" to get and it is a very rare truck because they're not in demand. The guy said everyone wants sr5s because they want to sit up higher for safety reasons. The salesman was nice, but this other guy was a compelete jerk and did nothing but lie. I left in a hurry and later called another Phoenix dealer who told me he had the truck I wanted in stock, but not in silver. My boss knows a salesman in Prescott who I talked to on the phone and he said he did not have one in stock, but unlike the other jerks he carefully wrote down what truck, engine, type of tranny, options, and color I wanted and said he could get one for me really easy. I also saw 2 of these base access cab 4x2 trucks on the road today. I highly reccommend that everyone get the kind of truck they want. Do not let them talk you into something else for a quick sale.
  • jeffaz1622jeffaz1622 Member Posts: 2
    If anyone has an 06 access cab 2wd, can you tell me how much you pay a month?
  • inukeu2inukeu2 Member Posts: 23
    I figured I would post a message after I bought my first Tacoma because I know how much I have used the Edmunds forums in the past.

Purchased 4/20/06

2006 Tacoma DC 4x4 automatic short bed

SR5, Tow, Limited Slip Diff, 6 spkr stereo, Aluminum Wheels, floor mats.

MSRP 29,273
    Paid 26750.50 + 249.50 doc +TTL

Omaha, NE
    Performance Toyota

It wasn't exactly what I wanted but they were giving me the runaround about ordering one or reconfiguring something from the factory. I had to haggle a bit but knowing they only had 3 DC 4x4's on the lot puts them in a good position. The process was fair and pleasant.

We were paying cash and not trading so there was little room to hide anything. Knowing invoice helps but their first offer was only $500.00 off MSRP. I didn't NEED a vehicle that day and I let them know I didn't like impulse red. Out the door I was $800.00 over invoice. That's fine by me. I think everybody was happy.

inukeu2
  • ahozakahozak Member Posts: 2
    Simple math says go Geico. But.. you need to take the two days and a magnifing glass to read who covers what. And is it $25.00 deductable per "incident" i.e if it takes 3 return trips to finally fix it or is it per visit ( gotta read the fine print).
  • glenogleno Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in getting feedback on present owners who own Tacoma DC's. I am looking at picking up a Tacoma DC later this year for my business so I am very interested in what people think about there Tacomas. Thanks.
  • ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    It is really going to depend on what type of business you have and how the truck will be used. I have a TRD Off Road 4.0 6 speed manual. I have not got any complaints other than the mileage. I can keep it up around 18 with a little highway mileage thrown in, but I am used to small trucks having better mileage. However, my last small truck was a 96 Tacoma which was much smaller. That is what I like about the new Tacoma. It is considerably wider and the 4 door makes it possible for me to haul 3 people (5'10) in the back comfortably while being comfortable in the front too. The extra width also makes it very stable for a 4X4. The power is excellent. I went with the short bed so I could get a shorter wheel base. That makes for excellent maneuverability. There is not alot of room in the bed for cargo, but I am known for having a trailer in tow on a regular basis anyway. That way I can haul a load somewhere, drop the trailer and not have to carry the load everywhere I go. If you plan to haul a large load regularly (trailer or cargo), I think I would go with a bigger truck. It is rated at 6500, and can handle it well, but I think long term it would beat it (or any similar vehicle) down prematurely. If you haul small stuff, but want security, Lear makes a nice slight rise canopy (I have one). Overall, I love the truck.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    extended cab V6-5 speed, SR5, TRD for 16K about 20 minures after the ad ran!

It retained 69% of it's original price, even after 71K miles.

Amazing...

Worst part is, I miss it.
  • jmmaxusjmmaxus Member Posts: 2
    Bought my 2006 Double Cab Prerunner V6 last week.....Tow package, door sill, floor mats, Offroad Pkg, and TRD exhaust for $24,250......Went through www.carsdirect.com and got dealer invoice price through them and they hooked me up with Beaman in Nashville......I didnt want to drive that far so I told my local dealer and he matched the price, except he threw in the TRD exhaust for same price.....
  • biglov12biglov12 Member Posts: 1
    What is the actual difference in mileage?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,095
    We have a topic devoted to this very question..

MPG: Toyota Tacoma Real World Numbers

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• billingsleybillingsley Member Posts: 69
    I wonder if anyone has used Auto Club, Costco or Consumer Reports auto buying service to get a Toyota. And, if they have, was it an OK price or great?

Thanx up front for any real world experience

:)
  • benzy1benzy1 Member Posts: 11
    The scoop...

2006 V6 Double Cab, 4x4, Automatic

TRD Off Road
    Tow Package
    Side Curtain Air Bags
    Daytime running lights
    CD Changer w/steering wheel controls
    Floor mats

$26,360 + Tax and Title
  • tacokentacoken Member Posts: 1
    Purchased through Costco. The experience was easy because there was no haggeling, Costco has already done it for you. 2006 4x4 Double Cab, 6spd M, SR5, limited slip diff., matts, JBL stereo with 7 spkrs & 6 cd in dash changer, side curtain air bags, etc. paid $500 over invoice.

They tried to "low ball" me on my trade, but that's part of the buying process.
  • walterjkwalterjk Member Posts: 2
    My local Toyota dealership quoted me 28,350 for a new Tacoma at what is supposed to be employee pricing. Here are the specs.

2006 V6 Double Cab 4x4 Automatic
    TRD Offroad package
    Side Curtain Airbags
    T-cover

Based on some of the other posts it doesn't seem like much of a deal. Any opinions?

Regards,
    Joe

;)
  • ssperryssperry Member Posts: 1
    Is Employee Pricing new for Tacoma's? Can a consumer match that pricing with some negociation? Thanks
  • ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    Toyota is not, and will not offer employee prices to the general public because they don't have to. $28350 sounds like the regular price. If you find a desperate dealer, you might get a little off the price, but most don't need to deal because the trucks sell themselves. When you can spend a little more new and have alot more value 5 years down the road, you aren't gonna get much give.
  • toyadamstoyadams Member Posts: 5
    They lie so bad, never delt with anything like that before!
    Stay away from the name Karl Malone with dealership in the title.
  • serfeeserfee Member Posts: 2
    Well...after reading this forum I decided the new 06 Taco was the right deal.

Here's what I got:-

06 Tacoma Access Cab
    2 wheel drive
    4.0L V6 Auto
    TRD Off road
    Tow package
    Convenience package ( side steps etc)
    Alarm/ security system
    Protection package (side protectors/ door sill protectors etc)
    Carpet floor mats and first aid kit
    Rubber floor mats

Price paid: $23,941 plus tax and lic

Do you think this was a good deal?

As far as I think, yeah, it looks awesome and drives perfectly...I am super impressed!
  • mike260mike260 Member Posts: 1
    Are there any dealers out there in the Southern Calif area that are selling the Tacomas with lift/suspension kits already installed such as the Ford dealers do with their trucks? I also found that Nissan is doing the same with their Titan pickup. Just curious if anyone has come across a Toyota dealer adding these accessories to the new Tacoma or even the Tundra pickups.
  • falcontalkerfalcontalker Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping for a truck, how can I find out just how much the dealer paid for the truck? I am not sure I am ready just to take their word for it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,095

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jmmaxusjmmaxus Member Posts: 2
    An access cab 2 wheel drive for $23941, you need to talk him down off that price, try online pricers or invoice dealers online go through them and then see if your dealer will match the price...Thats a good bit of accessories though, but for that you can get a double cab, got mine for $24250 for a double with TRD exhaust and everything except the alarm system you got....
  • billingsleybillingsley Member Posts: 69
    There are many sources available for you. Of course, Edmunds. Buying services like Costco, AAA, etc. With the buying services, you only work with a person at the dealer who is an authorized agent for the buying service. That person shows you the invoice, and then there's a set price above invoice. It's pretty painless.

Good luck on your purchase.
  • ritacoritaco Member Posts: 3
    I just put a deposit down on a new Doublecab Tacoma, long bed, SR5, with security system, limited slip, alloy wheels, JBL stereo, bed mat, wheel locks, mats, V6, 4x4 for $27,800 plus tax and tags. I bought it at Valenti toyota in Westerly, RI. Any thoughts on the price.

Thanks.
  • blasterblaster Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Tacoma doublecab,longbed,4X4, with the
    TRD and towing package, and floor mats for $ 27,209 plus
    Tax and tags. I got the truck in so. Florida, I'm not sure
    if this makes any difference.