Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• silverlynxsilverlynx Member Posts: 3
    I used this site to get some advice prior to looking and it helped out huge. I Ended up buying one and here are the details:

Tampa FL Dealership Purchase In person
    Chrome Step Rails / tubes $500
    Curtain Airbags ($600)
    TRD sport package... (sport interior, hood scoop 17" alloy wheels etc... msrp was like 3k on it)
    6 disc jbl with amp and sub... the disc player and sub are good. the speakers in the doors are bad... will replace those. that was like 550$ msrp.
    All weather mats $(100)
    Tint on windshield and front windows etc... (msrp $150)
    Exhaust tip (the $50 clamp on)
    Daytime Running lamps (40$)
    Tie Downs ????
    Towing package (600 msrp)
    5 yr 60k mile Car Care plan (850$) Pays for oil changes and alignment, tire rotation balancing etc...
    Tires for life. Just ask for it. Demand it.
    100k bumper to bumper warranty. ($1000) prob didnt need it since its a tacoma but purchased it anyways.
    NO TOYOGUARD. They would not take it off the price so I had them find me one without it. I didnt want to pay 600 for it. 25% of tacomas come without it.

the MSRP on all of this was Just over 30k not including the service plan and warranty.

I settled for $26,500 Out the door. Then added on the Service plan, which you have to do anyways to keep the tires for life... and the warranty brought the whole thing to Around $28,300 or so. Gas mileage is around 19mpg. I love it. Very solid. Frontier is not even close.
  • scubakevinscubakevin Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to purchase a Tacoma. Went to kbb.com to get invoice pricing on the truck and all the options. Dealer near my home agreed to sell the truck at $100 over invoice, and faxed me their invoice today. Their invoice pricing matches kbb.com's pricing. Now, my questions (thanks in advance to anyone who can share their wisdom):

1. The dealer has added $422 in labor for items they have to install: running boards, alarm system, hood protector, stainless exhaust tip. Can I likely negotiate this out?

2. They've also added TDA ($250), Dealer Holdback ($456), and Wholesale Financial Reserve ($228). Can I likely negotiate all of these out as well?

I live in Southern California. This offer came from Toyota of Rancho Santa Margarita.

The package includes these items at these invoice prices:
    2007 Double Cab, 4x2, 6' bed ($20,017)
    TRD Sport Package #2 ($2686)
    JBL Stereo System ($420)
    Safety Airbag Curtain System ($559)
    Tow Package ($520)
    Daytime Running Lights ($32)
    Carpet Floor Mats ($126)
    Hood Protector ($77)
    Running Boards, Black ($259)
    Security System ($299)
    Exhaust, Stainless ($38)

So, assuming I could negotiate out 100% of add-on costs in items 1 & 2 above, the sell price would be $25,033, plus $645 destination, plus tax, license, registration. Would that be a great deal?

Also, can you recommend other dealers anywhere in Southern California that could offer rock bottom pricing and who operate with business integrity?

Thanks very much for your advice.
    Kevin
  • toyoman6toyoman6 Member Posts: 1
    I saved about 1800 on my tacoma 06 by just being a costco executive member. its worth looking into. it only costs 100 for the year membership. ask the dealership that your looking at if they do have that program available!!! :shades:(COSTCO AUTOBUYING PROGRAM)
  • tacoma6tacoma6 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a Toyota Tacoma Double cabin long bed with an SR5#2 package can you tell me what would be a good deal out the door.
    I am located on southern california, west Los Angeles county.
    Thanks in advance for your reply and please tell me if you can the dealer that was willing to negotiate.
  • seranikoseraniko Member Posts: 27
    you're right...got the pink in less than a year and had been to the midwest 2x from so cal
  • seranikoseraniko Member Posts: 27
    check with carsdirect and then to carson toyota
  • jschmidtjschmidt Member Posts: 4
    I just Bought a 2007 Taco 4x2 Reg. cab 2.7 5sp. manual with a/c and styled steel wheels.
    Paid $14500.00 out the door.Tax ,transfer,everything included.I think I got a good deal.I would like to here from oyhers with same truck.First tank of gas 24.6 mpg.mix of city and hwy.
  • dannyboydannyboy Member Posts: 6
    That is a great price! Where did you but it?

I am looking for a 2007 Tacoma Access cab, 4 cyl, automatic, with the pre-runner package.I received a quote from the fleet manager at Cavender Toyota(Gary H.) in San Antonio, Tx. for $21,011, tax and title included. No one has comeclose to this price yet. Anyone that has a better deal, let me know.
    I bought my taco at Toyota of Melbourne in Melbourne Florida. the msrp was 15,980.00. basically I paid 13,500.00 plus tax, title,plates of 1,000.00 for a total of 14,500.00 otd.I just love this truck. 2nd tank of gas 24.3 mpg city/hwy mix. Installed xtang tuff tonneua (235.00) and tinted the glass(87.50) so far.I am going to put a lock on the tailgate (pop n lock) and a cargo divider (toyota) and then I,m done.
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Member Posts: 27
    I am looking at the Access Cab Sport model 4x4 with the 4.0 liter v6. I am negotiating with a dealer and hev been going back and forth with them for a while. I got a good feel from this sales woman so I want to buy the truck from her. She is telling me the lowest they can go from the $29,500 MSRP is $300 below the the invoice price ($26,800) to the tune of $26,500, not including tax and licensing. OTD price would come to around $29,500. Is this a good deal or not? I have negotiated a few cars before but these people seem to be the stiffest. What are some prices that other people have gotten this same model at?

Thanks.
  • gillumgillum Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to post my deal for others to reference. I got an 07 Prerunner Double Cab with the TRD off road, tow package and mats for 23,300. I'm in TN so it was 25,100 OTD. It is a demo with 4300 miles on it. I was quoted 24,000 before it was known to be a demo. In retrospect, I probably should have been able to get a few hundred more off the price but I'm still happy with the deal. I got them to throw in first service, 2 bike mounts and the 7-4 pin adapter. Thoughts?
  • soamsoam Member Posts: 1
    Just got mine last week, absolutely love it.

2007 Tacoma
    Access Cab
    4x4
    V6
    Automatic
    SR5 #2
    LSD

This was from a dealer in OKC - I paid $24,200 out the door.

All done via internet sales, this dealer was one of the few who understand that it's a sales tool and not just a way to get you in the dealership to sell you the traditional way.
  • gillumgillum Member Posts: 5
    Nice deal Soam; what was the pre TTL price?
  • cawwiecawwie Member Posts: 15
    I paid the said invoice price of $22,995 at Elk Grove Toyota (Northern California)

The stunning Indigo Ink Pearl truck has
    *16" alloy wheels
    *door sill protectors
    *towing package
    *SR5 pkg #2
    *fog lights
    *Limited Slip Differential
    *carpeted floor mats

I added an alarm $670, and the finance guy gave me the 72 month/100,000 mile warranty/oil change package for $1895.

Out the door, I paid $27,720 (Uncle Sam got $1837)and the rest was licensing fees, etc.

I love my truck, but have an ongoing problem with the passenger access door. It gets stuck off and on. I only have about 2,200 miles on this truck. The door has been a problem since I purchased it in Dec 2006. It has been in for service 4 or 5 times for this problem, and they still can't figure it out. I am hopeful they can fix it soon. It's hard for them to diagnose it because it's not stuck all the time.

I am still happy with my Toyota so far. I owned a '98 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 5.9 V8 for 8 years before the Tacoma. My new truck is a little less thirsty at the pump. ; )
    I must say the stereo in the Dodge was far superior to the one in my Taco, but I guess you can't have everything.
  • 1lap2go1lap2go Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a Tacoma access cab, 4x4,V6 with maybe the auto trans. The dealer in Des Moines appears to have a very good thing going as he sells them as fast as they come in so I'm getting the impression he doesn't care about getting close to invoice. I asked about getting one that had been turned from a lease. He said if they come in, they don't stay on the lot more then 2 days. He had few to look. As a COSTCO member, I will have to start looking into that real serious like.
    I am looking at the 4x4 access or crew cab sport. These dealers in AZ are not going below $29k and change out the door. What are some things I can do to get them to lower the price. I want it out the door for no more than $28k.
    was Internet Sales.

Start emailing a few different dealers. Check their inventory online, and find a truck that fits your specifications. This will take a few days to a couple weeks. Get a feel for which dealer really wants your business. Ask in the email what kind of deal they can give you on the truck in question. Don't be shy. Then you play the dealers against each other. Email dealer 2 that dealer 1 will give a Tacoma with X options for whatever $$$$.

I stated in my emails that I didn't want any phone calls. You really get to see which dealers pressure you, and which ones respect your wishes. When you are ready to buy, see who wants to be there.

That's my $.02

Carrie
    Yeah I sent in a request for quotes on edmunds.com and all I got were a bunch of solicitation calls. I will try to do it that way and see what I can do. What was the original MSRP on your vehicle and were they reluctant to deal with prices via the internet? Right now I have one dealer to about $300 over the invoice not including tax and licensing. Again, I'd like to get the car for about $28,500 OTD, but your deal would be the best case scenario.
  • jorikijoriki Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my father-in-law a new 2007 Tacoma for $16000 OTD at Fred Anderson Toyota in Durham, NC. This included a $1000 incentive to get to that price. The only options added were all-weather floormats, air conditioning, and they installed cruise control. The dealership said this addition is covered by the 3/36000 warranty since they installed it. According to Edmunds, this is several hundred dollars below invoice and TMV without even adding the cruise control, so I'm happy. I only had 48 hours to make the deal since his last car was totaled. In all, I think I got a decent deal, and I would do business with this dealership again.
    Year: 2007
    Make: Toyota
    Model: Tacoma
    Style: PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
    Exterior Color: INDIGO INK
    Interior Color:
    Price: $25,114.00
    Stock Number: xxxxx
    VIN: xxxxx
    Engine:

They sold it for $23,995 before tax, and license.
    A dealer who wants your business is not reluctant to work with you on your terms. I found that some were way too pushy, and I wrote them off rather quickly. The dealer that got my business did just as I requested in my emails...*NO Sales Calls*. It's your money, you make the rules. I really recommend looking at the dealer's inventory online if you can. Narrow it down to which truck you like by stock/vin #'s. Just bluntly ask "What kind of deal can you give me on this truck?" That's it. Good luck!

Carrie
    How much below invoice did they go? I know it's not how much they got the car for, but we will never know that. The invoice seems to represent a number that they will bottom out on.

The deal I'm working on now is $300 over invoice. The truck is loaded, but I still think that I should be able to get them to around $28k to $28,500 out the door.
    Did you get an automatic? What did they charge for the cruise control?
  • 70sralude70sralude Member Posts: 1
    2007 Tacoma PreRunner v6 double cab(4.0L 6cyl)

Trd Off-Road Package: Offroad Tuned Susp
    V6 Towing Package: 6,500 Lbs. Max Towing
    The Extra Mile Option Package B
    Vehicle Shield Package
    Am/Fm/Cd W/6 Disc Changer, 6 Speakers

MSRP was $28330 Agreeded $25000 plus TTL if it includes running boards at no additional
    cost. Is the vehicle shield package worth the price? Is this a good deal?
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    2007 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
    Off-rd package
    with towing and automatic

I'm looking around $26000 for it.
    The problem is, the truck is in a big demand!
    I think they tried to sell me something like that. Is that the protection for the paint, and the carpet scotchgard stuff? I didn't get it because I always kept my previous truck (Dodge Ram) clean and waxed and it did fine. I did however buy the extended warranty 7 year/100,000 mile with oil change package for $1850. Either way they make some of that money back from giving you a deal on the truck. These are pure profit for them.
    I think the vehicle shield is what they like to call the "clear coat protection" or the fancy term for cheap WAX. Either way that sounds like a good deal.

So I have talked the dealer down to $29k even OTD for the 2007 4x4 automatic Access Cab Sport. The truck IS in high demand, so is this a good deal or should I try to get more out of it? I'm just tired of haggling with these car sales people.
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Anyone else? ;)
    I think its a pretty good deal. I might go get it this weekend and just get it over with. I'm anxious to get into my new Taco!!
    Hey bud
    toyota dealer is trying to rape you on that, You DONT need that clear coat! Its all BS!!! Dont' even put that stuff on!! I knew a guy that work there once long time ago. It doesn't do anything but to make some money! I hate it when dealer trying to bullsh&t us! They think we are stupid!
    Oh I'm not gonna let anyone put the clearcoat "protectant" on. All it is is cheap wax. They tried to charge a buddy of mine $450 for tint on a new Tacoma that my buddy bought last month at the dealer. He called me and I told him to not let them touch it!! What's with those jerks trying to make an extra buck after they just made thousands off of the car?

I know it's a capitalist society and they are in business to make money, but come on. This is a joke. They say they only make a couple hundred off the car, but how in the world do they have these huge, beautiful dealerships and afford to pay all of those slime balls to work? They make way more than we can even imagine on those cars and then turn around and try to pocket a few extra bucks by chraging 200-300% on basic items. I don't mind paying for what I get but these guys really do try to SCAM the customer.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are dealers are a bunch of scam artist! I dont know how they get away with it. but they do. They dont have laws on how much profit the ymake on cars.

an co-worker got a Hyhundai Santa Fe. man, if you dont know what you are doing, they will scam you. He had a finance calcutator. So when the time on how much he put down and the monthly payments he had to pay. It went over what he calculated. The dealership changing he charges, and it kept touring out wrong on the monthly payment. So a manager came out shouting. (OK WHO HAS THE CALCULATOR!!!) and the manager looked at the calculator, saying my co-worker was right on the math!
    Them Bastards!
    Before he went into the dealer, he already gotten the qoute from the dealer in the e-mail. So he went in the sales person and they gave him another qoute way higher! then he shows him of the print out. the sales person was like pissed off!! haha
    Yeah I have heard horror stories much like the one you told. They will do anything to try and sneak in more money.

I also requested four quotes from Edmunds.com and only one dealership returned a real quote. The others said it was necessary to schedule a meeting and come in and speak with them about a quote. I told all three of them to give me a quote or don't bother trying to earn my business. One dealership had a sales rep who thought he could be a smartass and try to get me in there by telling me I didn't know what I wanted. Needless to say the GM found out about the situation and I will never buy or let anyone I know buy a car from there ever again. They just don't know customer service. I know I am only one customer and am a miniscule percentage of the business out there, but I don't think those dealerships lived up to their promises of delivering a quote...NOT THAT HARD TO DO!!!

Bottom line, they are sneaky and sly and will stop at nothing to squeeze pennies out of the consumer. It's the nature of the business, so we as consumers should stop at nothing to get the best deal we can. It's all supply and demand and if they have an abundance of trucks on their lot, they WILL deal.
    the problem with Tacoma is, the demand is high. Even with high cost gas and some competitions! they fly right off the lot and they hold their value so well!!!

I want to get the truck, 4x4 with automatice transmission crew cab, with tow package
    I went to tacoma world to see other people's posts.
    Some people having some problems with, some minor stuff. I hope when i get my, I dont have those issues.

I am also looking at nissan frontier, but they aren't as cool looking as a tacoma. but nissan is cheaper!!

I send some e-mails on quick qoutes, some send me back with info
    others want me to come in for an appt!!! F-that! I haven't even start test driving one yet!why do we have to go through pain in the asses to get a vehicle!!!??
    That's what I'm saying. they want you to come in there and listen to their BS speal. It's rediculous!

Yeah, the problem with wheeling and dealing with the Tacoma is that they ARE a very popular truck and somebody will be right behind you buying it if you don't. That's the thing that's tricky...getting a good deal with exploiting your tactics and getting the dealer to discredit you as a buyer.

I have a dealership down to $29K out the door and I think that's a screaming deal for this truck. Fully loaded 4x4 auto with th sport package...I am going to jump all over it as soon as I get rid of my car. I can't wait!!
  • akw52akw52 Member Posts: 5
    2007 Silver Streak Mica Tacoma Access Cab V6 Automatic with TRD Off-Road, 6CD Changer, Tow package, Floor mats...Dealer Retail $29,600. Edmunds Invoice $26,348. Edmunds FMV $27,159. PAID $25,215.

Emailed 35 dealers within 200 mile radius of my home and got a bidding war started between the huge volume-pushing dealerships. The key is to be willing to say no to 34 of the 35 bidders. Ended up driving an hour to take delivery, well worth it to save the 4,400.
    I guess when I want to get the 4x4 crew cab with trd off-rd along with automatic and tow package, i think $26000 would be a great deal for it! Plus, when i get it later of the yr, I think I should able to get it around $25000? what do you guys think?
    Wow!! That's a screamin' deal! I will have to do that. Was that the first bid that someone gave you or did you have to negotiate with each one of them? Was it a 2007 or what?

I like the sounds of that deal. I think I might try and do that. I have done it with about 5 dealers, but 3 of them have backed out saying they couldn't beat under $29k. I think it's rediculous.

What oither tips do you have?
    Sorry, you stated what year it was in the post...my fault. Was that $25k price the out the door price or the price before TTL? That would be an extra $1000 off of the pruice that I am getting.
    25,215 plus tags and title. OTD was still under invoice.

It wasn't the first bid. It took about a week of emails and phone calls with many dealers to get to the right price, but well worth it.
    Also, at the beginning, make sure they know that you're talking with other dealers. This will force them into giving realistic quotes from the start rather than prancing around ridiculously high quotes. I told all the dealers at the start that if they wanted to earn my business that they better get serious and give me good quotes, beacuse I am dealing wtih 35 other salesmen that want my business just as bad. i made it clear that they knew I would purchase a vehicle within 7 days, so they didnt mess around and delay with non-competitive prices. By telling them that I was dealing with other dealerships, by telling them to get serious with me, and by telling them that I would buy a vehicle within a certain amount of days, it forced the dealers to get realistic and give me competitive offers.
    Wow! That's a screamin deal! Yeah once I am ready to get a Tacoma, I think I am going to try your theory. It seems like it worked pretty well for you. Any other suggestions? Did any dealers tell you to screw off because you were price shopping? I know some dealers get very sensative and want to call the dealer that you are wanting them to match their quote with.
  • debellocivilidebellocivili Member Posts: 10
    I am planning to buy a prerunner regular cab w/ SR5 Package #1 in the next month or two. I've never bought a new car before, so I've been doing my research.

I am not going to negotiate at the dealership (I will email or fax).
    I am going to pay cash (I have a check from my insurance company).
    Ignoring Sales tax, I want to know how low I can go without the dealer becoming vindictive. (I am going try to not take up a lot of his time, so it should be relatively painless for both of us).

The price I am going to offer will be O.T.D., defined as "including all dealer fees, destination charges, title, license, or any other charges required for me to drive away with this car today." (No sales tax for the purposes of this posting)

Prices of prerun reg cab taco w/ SR5 & destination charges:
    MSRP (Edmunds, Nada, Kelly, Yahoo, Carsdirect): $17,555,
    Invoice (Edmunds, Nada, Kelly, Yahoo): $16,080,

Suggested prices:
    Edmunds TMV: $17,512
    Carsdirect Price: $16,668

So, clearly, my O.T.D. is going to be no higher that $16,667.
    I am thinking invoice. Would anybody recommend an offer below invoice for an 2007 model? (It is only april.)
    The dealers all knew that I was price shopping, but I didn't release the identities of the other dealers who were underbidding each other. That way, a mad dealer couldn't make a call to the lower bidding dealer. Yes some dropped out early, but more because they couldn't compete with the price (smaller dealerships who don't push as much volume can't take as much of a loss on a sale as a big dealer). No one told me to screw off, if anything they said good luck with the other dealer and to enjoy my new Toyota.
    I would definitely suggest to go below invoice. I just got a 2007 a couple weeks ago for a sale price of $1200 under invoice. OTD was still $200 below invoice.
  • jcarxjcarx Member Posts: 2
    ">Here in Phoenix AZ dealers say invoice is $25,063 for Tacoma double cab Prerunner sport package
    Today a local dealer
    Dealer wants $25,063 “invoice”
    + Doc fee $369

Any hints on how much I should offer?
    hey Jcarx, I'm sure u can get it for $23,000
    But then again, I haven't any research on the prerunner version.
    I'm looking at the crew can 4x4 with automatic and with trd-off-rd. The msrp wants $30000, If i get it for $26000, that would be a great price for me because since the truck is hot in demand!! You have to shop around, but you think you around enough! You have to find more cause a lot of dealers would deal with you, if you are serious on the buy!
  • jcarxjcarx Member Posts: 2
    Thanks linkfeeney!
    The MSRP on that truck is $27,614
    Dealer "invoice" $25,063
    So you think I can get it for $23,000?
  • chrisnegliachrisneglia Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if its a great deal or not:

2007 Access Tacoma Black grey interior
    TRD Offroad Package
    Towing Package
    Side Rails

Havent decided on the extended warranty for 1575....They will give me a lower interest rate 5.75 vs 5.79 if I go with it. Worth it? I will be keeping this vehicle forever.....Thanks, Chris
  • h00kupzh00kupz Member Posts: 1
    I'm pretty sure this is a really good deal:

2007 Prerunner Regular Cab 2.7L 4 cylinder
    Graphite interior
    SR5 Package

Sticker: 17,500.00
    Invoice: 16,775.00
    O.T.D. : 15,775.00

I saw a previous post about $16,778.00 - might want to ask for the extra $1000 off. Also got special financing since yesterday was the last day of the month! 36 months - 1.9APR - total financing charge was only $301!