Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    You have to look around and be serious to all the dealers about the price.

Maybe sure you get a good finance rate. Pick up trucks can always get a good finace rate.

you have to [non-permissible content removed] your way like they do it to you.

if you are financing!!!
    they give you this rate and you have to say *let me check with my credits union to see if i can get beat*. they will make them back off and try to give u a good rate too.

they are bunch of scamers!! But you have to go through a lot of dealers to get what you want and making sure they are willing to work with you.
    are you buying the truck by fiance? lease? or the whole thing out right?

If you finance make sure you do the math right!!! dont let them do it! They will try and you pay another $10 to $20 a month and you wouldn't even know!
    Bring a finance calculator or use edmunds calculator. It will show with tax and all ther stuff. They also do this document fees. Which is BS? ask them about it, (why do i need to pay then when I can file the documents for them?!)
    word up!!
  • arhogfanarhogfan Member Posts: 1
    Interested to know how fair this deal was???? We were pleased so ultimately that is all that matters I suppose.

2007 4 x 2 v6 4 door tacoma long bed with standard equipment plus the following options: DZ(6 disc changer), SR 5 pkg2, leather interior, running boards, drop hitch with wire harness & ball mount, carpet floor mats. The floor mats sold us! :)

we received 625 on a trade (92 lumina with 95K miles)and had our own financing so basically paid cash. total price after rebate of 500 was 25,161. Minus trade, OTD for 24,536.

They ordered it and said the leather, running baords and drop hitch/ballmount will be added at "port" in Houston and then sent here (AR). ETA of 10 days -2 wks. They gave us a nice loaner until it arrives. This deal includes 3/36 bumper to bumper and 7 yr/100K PT warranty with dealership road side assistance for life of the car as long as we own it, 24/7 within 100 miles of dealership.

What do you think? We worked at the deal for sure! We did our research and used these forums and site as well. Great site!!! Thanks for everyone's contribution to the forums.
  • curtis416curtis416 Member Posts: 2
    i'm in the market for the 2007 Taco pre runner Dbl Cab w/ options: sport package 2, towing package, and carpet floor mats. i've been sending emails to nearly all of the dealerships in and around my area within 50 miles. The best offer i got for the Taco with the above options was:
    MSRP: $27,779
    Internet/fleet price:$24,300 less the $500 factory rebate
    Total Net cost = $23,800 + $55 doc fee and tax + license.

the invoice price with the options is $24,123 so it comes out to about 323 below the listed invoice price.

can anyone tell me if that is a good price and if anyone has encountered similar prices?

thanks,
    curtis
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Member Posts: 27
    I would say that you are getting a pretty good deal. Anywehere else but Toyota you can wheel and deal with the prices. I have heard people walking off of the chevy lot with a truck for $10k off of MSRP. Toyota, they don't deal as much so if you are getting it for below invoice, I would say that you are getting a pretty good deal. I am about right there with two dealerships right now and that is the lowest they are going. They don't need to go any lower because it is a great product with a great resale value, that is more reliable than most other vehicles on the road.
  • iwannatacomaiwannatacoma Member Posts: 2
    Saw your post on the website - what dealership in Tampa was that?

I'm looking for the same exact truck minus the running lamps and exhaust tip......Any info would help...Does your OTD price include the taxes?
  • iwannatacomaiwannatacoma Member Posts: 2
    Hi all - I am new to the forum looking for a dbl cab sport tacoma with towing, and a few other options. I am pretty nervous about knowing whats a good price vs what isn't.

1. Any delaers in Tampa bay area easy to work with?
    2. If you have purchased a similar truck, what was your OTD?
  • tacoman05tacoman05 Member Posts: 37
    I bought my taco in 05 so can't comment on pricing, but definitely check out Stadium Toyota. I shopped all the dealers in the Pinellas/Hillsborough county area and they were definitely the best. Easiest car deal I have ever made in my life, no question about it!
  • c0mc0m Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering if you think it would be possible for me to get a 2007 Tacoma with a MSRP of around $22,500 for $22,000 OTD or possibly less? or would this be impossible?
  • kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    Does anyone know why Toyota does not offer the base 4 cyl. single cab 4X4 or Pre-Runner with an automatic? Is there something wrong with the automatic that can't be used in these models? Just wondering :confuse:
    Thanks to all!
  • longnlongn Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for an 07 Taco 4X2 Reg Cab Auto and AC. From research and discussions on this board, I'm thinking $15,000 plus tax and tags is a reasonable offer. The $15K includes a $500 rebate from Toyota. Edmunds invoice = $15,495 and MSRP = $16,820.

Is this a reasonable offer for this truck or can I do better? Also, any recommended Toyota dealers to deal with or avoid in the Washington/Baltimore area?
  • dannyboydannyboy Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like a reasonable offer.I have been researching prices for the past 6 months on Tacomas. I don't know anyone in your area. Good luck.
  • hitnrunhitnrun Member Posts: 5
    I am too going to be in the market for a TACO, likely doublecab 4wd shortbed with TRD. Did the $500 rebate just disappear? Any word of other rebates coming? Timing seems interesting with news yesterday re: sales being down across the industry.
  • jcrottyjcrotty Member Posts: 3
    Packages:
    TRD Sport #1
    Tow

Options:
    AM/FM/CD w/6 Dics Changer, 6 Speakers & Steering Wheel Audio Controls
    Carpet Floor Mats (4pc) & Door Sill
    Auto-Dimming Mirror

MSRP $28,868.00
    Negotiated Base + DNA $26,000
    OTD $28,067

Shown two dealer invoices:
    Dealer A: $26,700
    Dealer B: $26,300

Consumer Reports Invoice:
    $25,000

I think there was another $500 or so to milk out of the deal, but given that this was the only Speedway Blue in Denver at the time I was in a bit of a pinch. The sales guy who had the car at Dealer A was a pain and I ended up buying from Dealer B. This was after almost a month of phone calls and visits to all the Toyota Dealers in the greater metro Denver area. I think for Denver it's a decent deal, but not great.

Note: At least in Denver the 'Internet Sales' teams at various dealers go to the bottom of the range much faster then the usual floor sales crew.
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    Hey jcrotty,

I'm in Denver and have actually been looking into the idea of a Tacoma. I had one years ago and never had a problem. Which dealer did you end up going with? I was actually at GO today, noticed they're no longer a one price no haggle dealership.
    WOW, what a rip off price!!!
    I would never pay for that!! After access cab with manual for $28???

maybe I'll pay $25000!!

I live in NJ, a dealer qouted me $27000 for a automatic double cab with trd off-rd!!
  • lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 7
    I am planning to buy Tacoma shortly.
    My Requirments:
    1) Located in Central NJ
    2) Mostly city driving.
    3) 1 or 2 times heavy snow in a year (6" to a 12").
    4) Usage: Trips to Home Depot, Hauling Yard Waste - Broken branches...
    5) Will not be doing any DirtRoad adventures or Commercial Hauling activies...
    6) Need AC, Heater, Security System
    7) Just the Wifey and a 1+ Yr Kiddy
    8) Wifey drives the SUV and Truck is all for me

Question:
    1) Should I go for 4WD ?
    2) Is it OK to take the INFANT in a child seat placed in the front row - Want to make sure I dont get pulled over by the cops?
    3) I just want to buy the TACOMA REGULAR CAB $14K approx.
    4) Any minimum upgrades / Packages - I should consider...
    5) One of the Local dealers wanted me to provide the following info:

What trim line/model are you looking for (i.e. CE, LE, Limited, SR5, etc.)?

Toyota does not provide info on TRIM LINEs i.e CE, LE

Need your guidance folks ...

Thanks in Advance
    Has anyone purchased just the base model ?

Say:

TACOMA ACCESS CAB, 4X2, AUTO
    or
    TACOMA ACCESS CAB, 4X4, MANUAL 5 SPEED
    Yes, Here in Texas I bought the base model 4x2 Auto Access cab for $21,400 OTD from the fleet sales manager (Cavender Toyota) in San Antonio. Came with rear towing hitch.
  • w4myw4my Member Posts: 2
    We're a two taco family ('99 extended cab SR5 2x4, '07 Access cab 2x4, manual)

Question:
    1) Should I go for 4WD ?
    In your case, I wouldn't

2) Is it OK to take the INFANT in a child seat placed in the front row - Want to make sure I dont get pulled over by the cops?
    Yes, you can turn OFF the airbag with the key and control located on the right side of the dash panel.

3) I just want to buy the TACOMA REGULAR CAB $14K approx.
    That's an OK price

4) Any minimum upgrades / Packages - I should consider...
    We got convience package #1, which includes cruze, keyless entry, power door locks/windows basic upgrade. Convience #2 adds trim and glitz, but all that is a personal decision.

5) One of the Local dealers wanted me to provide the following info:
    What trim line/model are you looking for (i.e. CE, LE, Limited, SR5, etc.)?

Toyota does not provide info on TRIM LINEs i.e CE, LE

Need your guidance folks ...

Its kinda complicated and certain ones go with certain models. Just look it over, its all glitz and up to your personal taste. I can't help much on this. Our '99 is an SR5, but that was different back then from now.
  • w4myw4my Member Posts: 2
    We are now a two taco family ('99 Extedned cab, 4x2, manual 5-speed, '07 Access cab, 4x2, manual 5-speed)

Just got the '07 this week. Its the Access cab, 4x2, 4-cyl, 5-speed manual. Love it. Got convienence package #1 that adds cruz, keyless entry, auto locks and power windows. Also got the mats and scuff guards. Other than that, its "basic" Paid $18.4K plus tax/tag = $19.1 OTD.

Got Super white that matches horse trailer.

Note in your original post: the 4x4 comes with only one manual option, 6-speed.
    Some of the dealers want me to deposit for the color and model I am looking for.

Is it ok to pay them advance ?
    What kind of paperwork should I get from them that lists all details and price that was agreed upon?
    What is a reasonable time limit I should wait ?

How often do the dealers get new shipment of vehicles?

Thanks in Advance
    Only give the dealer a deposit if you are 100% positive you are going to buy from them. One time I gave a deposit, found a better price elsewhere, and had to get an act of congress to get my money back. The dealer is trying to get a commitment from you, so if there are other dealers nearby that want to compete for your business, I wouldn't put a deposit. You need to request a "purchase order" (it will show the price plus tax, title, license.) I have used this purchase order to bargain with other dealers,so I never leave a deposit.
    Usually dealerships receive cars about every 30 days or so.
    I always have better luck dealing with the internet managers or fleet managers from dealerships. These guys never pressure you and will usually give a no haggle price.
    Let me know.
    I had an email with the sales price from an internet manager here in Texas. I took it to many dealerships and they told me that it was impossible to beat the price I received. Sure enough, I bought from an internet manager in San Antonio.
    dad23,

I bought at the Boulder dealer, but the truck was transported over from the Stevinson West dealership. The guy I worked with over at Stevinson was inflexible and they had the only one in the color I wanted in town. Oh well.
    linkfeeney,

NJ is NOT Colorado. :D
    hey jrotty!!

Since u live in Colorado!!! then the truck should be even cheaper due to cost of living!!
    I'm sure the state has MANY other toyota dealers!!!
    Or u can do to other states, but kinda suck since u kinda live in the middle of nowhere!!

oh well
  • diplodiplo Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 6cyl 4wd Auto. I live in CA. I have been to a couple local dealers and the invoice prices on them are around $28k. That is for the base model, No TRD or Off road package. I emailed a couple dealers and they told me that I wont find a better deal then $26-27k + tax and licensing fees. If there is anyone out there that has purchased this model, can you please tell me why you paid. I really want this truck, but i dont want to get ripped off. Thanks!
  • wombatiuswombatius Member Posts: 1
    Is it realistic to expect to get this truck for a minumum of $3500 off sticker?
  • satxcubfansatxcubfan Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of a new silver streak mica Tacoma last week. Here's the breakdown...
    Tacoma Pre-Runner regular cab, 2.7L, 4-cyl, 5 speed man.
    (SE) SR-5 Package #1
    (A1) Extra mile alum. wheel upgrade
    (A0) Extra mile option pkg. A
    (PV) Permavin glass etch
    (P4) Vehicle shield pkg.
    Total MSRP $19,463 - $750 Toyota cash incentive = $18,713
    Negotiated final price = $16,800
    Total OTD = $18,032.92
    This was with no trade or money down.
    Dealer was North Park Toyota of Boerne.
    After visiting many, many Toyota dealerships in and around San Antonio, this was by far the most professional, upfront dealership I've EVER dealt with. I highly recommend them.
    I can't be any happier with the whole experience.
    I got a e-mail qoute from south NJ toyota with 4 dr, auto, 4wd with trd off-rd...
    asking $27,000.
    that means I can get it for $25500, 26000. Just need to talk them down. I wont get the truck. I'l wait until the end of the yr. Maybe low low financing.
  • uncalumnusuncalumnus Member Posts: 11
    I'm off to the Toyota dealer here in Raleigh,NC tommorrow. I'm looking for the double cab prerunner with SR5 package, possibly towing pckge, and anything else I can work into the deal. This is my first time dealing with a Toyota dealership. Are they willing to deal at all as a rule. A salesman told me invoice plus 1% should get the deal done. I, of course, will offer less and bargain. Wish me luck. :)
  • zytrazytra Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm from France. I came here for work 2 years ago. I bought my old car at an auction with a colleague just after a couple days I was here.

So I NEVER bought a new car before. I want to buy a double cab/sport pckg tacoma. I am also a first time buyer.

I've looked at Power cerritos website to check out the deals they offer.

I plan to buy the car with a large down payment. Actually I could pay cash, but I have been told that in the US buying a car can be a good way to build my credit. So I want to make a large deposit to be accepted and begin my credit.

I have several questions like
    -how much is the average rebate I can get off negociation on that type of car? I've seen prices around $26K on their website.
    -is the price they label w/ or w/ state tax?

I'd love to hear some advices, cause a lot of things a really different here :):)

thanks guys

S.M
    I bought a red 1007 Prerunner SR5 with the towing package here in Raleigh,NC for about $23,600. Here in the southeast, then apply a $635 documentation fee due to some distribution agree between Southeast Toyota Dealers and Toyota. That seemed to be the sticking point. I'm just glad the process is over. Now I can enjoy my truck. :)
    Excuse me. That was a 2007 Prerunner SR5. 1007 would be a really OLD truck!! :)
  • debellocivilidebellocivili Member Posts: 10
    A rather rare truck in California. 5 in the whole state. Seriously.

MSRP was $17,120.
    With a $500 SoCal rebate, without sales tax and DMV fees I paid $15,356.
    I wrote a check for $16,872.

Mossy Toyota in sunny San Diego.
  • slicksleeveslicksleeve Member Posts: 12
    I have recently been informed by two internet salesmen in the St Louis area that a 2007 2wd Prerunner with the Sport package is not available in the Midwest. Has anyone found this to be true?
    that's bs!! you can even it order it yourself. you can get anything you want if you are willing to pay for it!!
  • vince13vince13 Member Posts: 1
    Got a call yesterday from my local dealer...claimimg end of the month deals???. Have been looking at a 07 Radiant Red Tacoma 2WD Double Cab TRD Offroad, Towing package, all weather mats. Dealer just got one in from port with 6 miles.

Long story short at 9:30 last night ended up with this deal.
    Sticker was $26985.00
    Ended up getting it for 24001, add tax $300 and Tag $95 which gets me to $24400. Minus the $1000 rebate ended up $23400 OTD.

Wondering if I did OK with price...Thanks
  • amitablaamitabla Member Posts: 3
    Dear vince13

I am looking to buy a truck similar to yours. Can you tell me where, which dealer you get your truck from, and if possible, may be their phone number as well? I am a first time buyer and don't have experience but it seems like you get a reasonable deal. May be someone more experience than I am can give you more feedback.
    Thanks
    Amita
    Dear jcarx and all others:

I am a first time buyer and looking for a Tacoma double cab preruuner sport package or with just a package#1. Have you bought your truck yet and for what price if I may ask? Do you have the phone number or the dealer that you would recommend.

What price I should expect? If anyone has experience, please give me some advice.
    Thanks
    Hi Curtis416:

I am in the market for the truck with similar options like yours. Can you give me the name and phone number of the dealer where you got your truck from?
    Thanks!
    Amita
    uncalumnus, which dealership did you go to? I'm in the area, looking for a tacoma DC 4WD, off-road package. Want leather but will probably have to get that installed. How close did you come to invoice minus rebate on that deal?
    I went to Fred Anderson Toyota. It was around the middle of June. They didn't seem to have a lot of the models I was looking for. They do have agreements to find the model you want. I don't know if they do that if it is negotiable. They sticker with fees and all was around $26,500. There was a $1000.00 rebate. I used the consumer reports pricing report. The dealer was using the KBB site to reference pricing to me. I ended up about 1% above invoice plus the delivery fee before the rebate. I don't know if I got a good deal, but I'm glad it is over. I was able to work a few extras to the deal without a charge, so I guess I'm pleased. I was surprised at the interest rates avail. I have very good credit, but could only get around 6%.
  • slicksleeveslicksleeve Member Posts: 12
    Well I ordered a 2007 2wd Access Cab Pre-runner today from Pappas Toyota in St Peters MO with the following options:

PY - Sport Package
    TO - Towing Package
    CF - Carpeted floor mats and door sill protectors

The KBB value of this vehicle was $23,432. I got the vehicle for $23,800.
    Thanks for the info unc. They've got a DC 4wd that's been sitting there more than 2 months that I liked first time I went there. I'm out of town, when I get back I may see if they want to move it.

Rice Toyota in G-boro does deals thru ebay and it looks like they have both good stock and good deals on Toyotas. May check there too
    PLEASE.....
    Can anyone tell what are you guys paying for a 4 dr 4x4 with Automatic plus the Trd Off-rd Edition??? I live in NJ!! Online the MSRP is asking $30G... Anyone getting for $26G?
    What are you guys paying for Apr??? Tundra has 0.0apr for 60 months!!!
  • couchecouche Member Posts: 1
    Just purchsed an 07 4x4 Double Cap V6 SB Auto.
    Options: FE, AL, SL, TO, & CF
    Color: Silver Streak Mica
    MSRP - $28,934
    Price Paid - $26,685.09
    OTD after taxes, fees, rebates - $28,500
  • butcherboybutcherboy Member Posts: 7
    Nor/Cal Best price I can find, 07 Toyota Tacoma reg cab, auto,A/C, am/fm/cd $14,300 + tax and tags.
    Can any one do better?
  • kenmorekenmore Member Posts: 5
    going to purchase today:

Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6
    Black Sand Pearl
    Packages: OC, TO WL, CF
    MSRP: 30,116
    Sales price: 26811
  • skiguy02920skiguy02920 Member Posts: 11
    need to buy a tacoma extended cab in the next two weeks absolutely. I am in SE Massachusetts. want the two wheel drive, automatic, 4-cylinder. willing to pay for the sr5 package also since it sounds like most all come that way. have checked kelley, edmunds, and a bunch of the other internet places. all I end up with from the internet contacts is a salesman trying to get me in the dealership to 'talk'. frustrating, but I need to get it done. anyone with experience with good dealerships in this area?

SKIGUY
  • aaronhiaaronhi Member Posts: 8
    Congratulations. Sounds like you really got a good deal. What part of the country if you don't mind me asking? Did the truck have the short bed or long bed? I am up in CT and have looked at similiar vehicles and semiliar MSRPs but not that kind of sales price. Did you have to haggle for awhile? Thanks for the information and once again..CONGRATS!