Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma Prices Paid

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The Nissan Frontier Double (crew) cab long bed 4wd: pwr, sprayed bedliner,hitch, rail system and sliding bed extender MSRP 28000 is going for $23500 (4500 off)

The Honda Pilot awd MSRP around 30000 has been selling for 7000 off for several months now.

Honda Ridgeline pickup RTX awd: Well optioned Msrp $29000 Has been selling for 22k and change (6500+ off) for several months.

The Toyota 4runner msrp 33k generally sells for about 7000 off msrp around july august.

All the other manufacturers have accelerated their normal discounts for the 20 mpg trucks/suvs by about 4-5months.

Gas is high and the economy is flat so keep some perspective when the Tacoma dealer starts with the BS.

A 7yr/100 kmi extended factory warranty for vehicles like this should be about $1000, so keep it real there too and don't buy it for $2000 in the finance office.

Happy Huntin'
    --jjf
    If the SR5 option package 2 is for power windows, locks etc, you would could probably get a Nissan Frontier 4cyl like it with running boards for 16,500 or an automatic for 17500.

Personally when I test drove them I thought the base Nissan was better built but this is an individual thing. If no big movement on the 18500 I would definitely explore the Frontier XE.

You may be able to get an optioned Frontier SE V6 extended cab 2wd with automatic,alloys and rails for $19000, which of course is much more truck than the base Tacoma or Frontier, and about the same mileage.

Good luck
    --jjf

Whats a good price on this truck in the KC area. It is a SR5 with SR5 option package #2 and mats, ect. Dealer is including Toyota running boards/steps. His first offer is $18500. Is there more room..

Thanks in advance.
  • doabbsdoabbs Member Posts: 1
    Looking for the best place to get a 2008 4WD Acc cab or Reg cab Taco in NH.
  • tug_slugtug_slug Member Posts: 3
    I live in Colorado and am thinking about purchasing a 2008 4x4 Tacoma access cab. This truck doesnt have to have all the bells and whistles Im just looking to get a reliable vehicle and not get raped by the dealership in the process.

I went to a dealership today and they wanted to sell me one for $23,900.00. Im glad I didnt bite, it looks like I would have paid about $1700.00 to much. I want to go into the dealership with a realistic number and I was wondering what how much over invoice some of the members of this forum paid for their Tacoma's?

Thanks

Tug
    An 07 toyota access cab like you describe with power accessories and a few options wholesales used with average miles for about $17000. For a new 08 your target would be about 21000. A Nissan frontier extended cab is easily doable for less than this.

A comparable 08 dodge dakota club cab with options is probably $17000-18000 or so with a lifetime powertrain warranty.

The 20mpg trucks have sold with such heavy hidden and advertised incentives for the last few years above or below invoice doesn't mean much anymore. The economy is flat and gas is headed for $4.00 so even in 4wd heavy mountains tell our dealer to keep it real.

Good Luck
    --jjf

live in Colorado and am thinking about purchasing a 2008 4x4 Tacoma access cab. This truck doesnt have to have all the bells and whistles Im just looking to get a reliable vehicle and not get raped by the dealership in the process.

I went to a dealership today and they wanted to sell me one for $23,900.00. Im glad I didnt bite, it looks like I would have paid about $1700.00 to much. I want to go into the dealership with a realistic number and I was wondering what how much over invoice some of the members of this forum paid for their Tacoma's?

Thanks

Tug
  • got_beergot_beer Member Posts: 1
    Bought one in Gwinnett GA. Black Tow package Running boards, SR # 2 package. Price was 24500 OTD. I was so focused on the price of the truck the "snuck" in a 700$ doc fee and more BS charges. I asked about that..of course they told me it was standard. I should of got up and walked out.

Im so up set at that, my wife says to let it go. Well I have to now
  • tug_slugtug_slug Member Posts: 3
    I just received two offers from two different dealerships their both pretty much the same.

These quotes are for a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 access cab V6 manual transmission. Ones for a basic truck the others for one with the TRD off road package.

Here's the email from one of them...

Dan,
    I can sell the base red model for $21,421 after rebate, plus tax and dealer handling.
    The off-road red for $25,279 after rebate, plus tax and 399 dealer handling.
    thanks again.......Larry

What I'd like to do is get them to drop that $399.00 dealer handling fee but I don't know if thats going to be possible.
  • yota_tacoyota_taco Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered a Tacoma regular cab 4x2 automatic w/ the enhancement package and mats for 16,276 minus 1750 rebate plus $300 doc fee. what do you all think of this price can it go lower or should i take it.
    Look up the wholesale value of your vehicle used 07 with 14000 (avg) miles on it on nada.com and kbb.com. Add about 20 percent or so to that price for a target on a new 08. Hit 10 dealers via email last week of the month for bids and get as close to that target as possible or better.

I have been offered a Tacoma regular cab 4x2 automatic w/ the enhancement package and mats for 16,276 minus 1750 rebate plus $300 doc fee. what do you all think of this price can it go lower or should i take it.
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    Has anyone purchased a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 recently? I'm in the market and would like to see some deal numbers. I requested quotes from several dealerships in the Portland area and most of my quotes were for $1200 to $1500 OVER invoice (before the $500 factory incentive).

I see Toyota's numbers are down, like many other OEMs, but my price quotes just don't reflect it. I expected to be under invoice WITH the $500 incentive, but it doesn't look like it.

Thanks.
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Portland dealer. Someone who doesn't mess around and just quotes the bottom dollar price? I know Wilsonville Toyota is around, but their prices are pretty high relative to invoice.

What have you been picking up your Tacomas for recently??

Thanks.
    Read my posts from the last few months in this forum. Look up the price used of your Tacoma on kbb.com and nada.com for a used 07 vehicle, with 14000 miles on it. Add about 20% to the used wholesale 07 price for your max or near max price on a new 08 one with dest and dealer fees. Don't be surprised if a 30000msrp new 08 wholesales used for about 20000 in its 07 version. In that case you want about 6000-7000 off the new one.

A 27000 msrp nissan crew cab se 4wd with full pwr, auto and hitch will probably be around 21000-22000 or even less. The 08 29000 msrp Honda Ridgeline RTX well equipped goes for 21xxx all day long. The dodge ram 39000 1500 full size goes for 13000 off msrp for a mediocre deal.

Good luck
    --jjf

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Portland dealer. Someone who doesn't mess around and just quotes the bottom dollar price? I know Wilsonville Toyota is around, but their prices are pretty high relative to invoice.

What have you been picking up your Tacomas for recently??

Thanks.
  • kingnhkingnh Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a new 08 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 Long Bed 2.5 weeks ago:
    SR5
    Tow Package
    Limited Slip
    Alloy Wheels
    6 CD Changer
    Spare Tire Lock
    Floor Mats

$27000 OTD, MSRP was 30,200 or so

Took the 0% financing instead of rebate. No money down, financed 27k even and drove home in my new toyota. That is all fees, paperwork, this, that, those, and taxes (no taxes in my state). Still haven't shelled out a penny out of my pocket - just received 1st bill which is not due until June. Seemed like a good price to me.... ????

According to the #s the dealerships (contacted 18 of them and those that gave #s were the same) that was basically a few bucks over "invoice" minus holdback ($522). Edmunds and CP #'s had base invoice as more than what the dealers' said, but dealers had advertising fee, gas, and financial reserve added in to their "cost". So who knows what the heck invoice or cost really was. In the end, i dont think I can complain about that price. Most of the dealers I contacted told me politely to go to he## and take the 27k and didnt believe I had an offer for that much. But I did get the 2 closest to me to match eachother so I bought local.

It did have 98 miles when I got it - they had to locate it and drive it from another state.

Went back last week and added soft Tonneau, running boards (the tube step ones), cargo divider (although it doesnt fit with the tonneau !@#$ they never told me that), and a trailer hitch/ball for another $950ish. I messed that up, should have included them in the purchase and I could have financed them at 0% as well (and maybe gotten a better deal on them).

Oh, I also got 2 free oil changes thrown in as well. Buggers wouldn't give me a hat though! 2 plastic coffee mugs, but no free hat. Not gonna use the mugs, but I would have worn the hat - oh well, there goes their free advertising. (no stupid dealer add sticker on the back of the truck either btw)
    If your 0% financing is for 5 or 6 years you got a pretty darn good deal, around 24000 or less for the truck.

Yes the dealers truly hate you soliciting competitive bids from 10-20 dealers and putting them against one another (especially last week of the month). Of course all other offers are "insane". They want you to come into the dealership blind, (preferably with two upset toddlers) and give you their precious vehicle for 27500, financed at 6.0% for 7 years. Which is of course close to "cost". (They have to keep the lights on somehow, don't they?) And you may have got the hat.

Good luck

--jjf
  • mattz88mattz88 Member Posts: 9
    Hello

For anyone that is getting a hard time from Toyota in terms of the Toyota Tacoma Frames rusting out please try this website The Center for Auto Safety It has alot of valuable information on it and you can file a complaint if you wish. Another website is Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation file a complaint and they will start investigating your complaint. Hopefully this can help alot get many of these defective vehicles off the road and correct corporate irresponsibility.
    Thanks
    http://www.allworldauto.com/comments/TOYOTA_TACOMA_comments_and_complaints_202-2- - 109-4.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/slideshow/news/15876993/detail.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/investigative/15879699/detail.html
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15877183/detail.html
    http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/toyota-offers-to-buy-back-rusty-tacom- - as/
  • gr8rotarygr8rotary Member Posts: 7
    I was at a dealer in update NY last night getting the hard sell, and I told the salesman I would settle for $300 over invoice. He whined that he needed to make "some" money on the deal, but as i went out to drive the truck, he went to talk to the boss. When I came back he said they could do $300 over. The numbers he showed me (for a 2008 access cab with TRD offroad, upgrade stereo, tow package, and floor mats). MSRP was $29,410.00 Base price of $23,990, options of $4,744, and $675 destination. When it came to "invoice" they added in TDA for $500 bucks (advertising), gas $10 bucks, Dealer Holdback, $478, and Wholesale Financial Reserve $298 or so. Has anyone ever seen these type of costs passed thru before? I'm sorta new to this forum and apologize if it's been addressed before. But I was about to tell the guy he was full of crap. Just want to see if this is all normal. I thought holdback came from Toyota, I'm a bit PO'd that they are trying to pad the invoice with it. So anyway, they would be happy to let the truck go for $27,272... which with their math is $300 over "invoice".
    Check out my message 4681 in the Hyundai Sonata forum. Also check out my messages on the chevy silverado, nissan Frontier and dodge ram 1500 prices paid forum. Also review the last 20 or so messages on this board. Get 10-20 + competitive bids towards end of month and see who bids lowest (prices inclusive of all fees sans tax)

A 2008 Nissan Frontier Double cab 4wd is a 22000 vehicle sale (27000+ msrp), (A bit more for the long bed and rarer nismo (their trd) package) Their access cab is probably 1800 less than that. The excellent Honda Ridgeline RTX awd msrp 29000 double cab is a 22000 sale all day long although possibly not satisfactory if you need serious 4wd. Prices including everything except tax and title.

Telling you theirs is the lowest price, ad fees, dealers wife alimony fee, fresh air fee, salesmen being full of crap.... yes its all normal, especially if you were just a walk in. Do 97% of your work by email and phone last week of the month. If your vehicle wholesales used 07 for about 20000 (kbb.com, nada.com) with avg miles your target is 20% or so over that used price for a new 08, I'm assuming about 24000 and change.

Toyota's usually able to hold out harder than most for some reason, but even they can't withstand 4.00 gas.

Good Luck
    --jjf
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Holdback and WFR are indeed part of the total invoice. If you were to build your truck via Edmund's or KBB, the invoice price you would arrive at factors in the HB and WFR, they're just not itemized like you see on the dealer's computer screen.

For Toyota:
    Holdback = 2% of the BASE MSRP.
    WFR = 1% of the BASE MSRP.

Based on your truck's base MSRP of $23,990, HB = $480; WFR = $240.

TDA is a regional ad fee and it does vary by region, but I can tell you that it is a non-profit item for Toyota. Most third-party website like Edmund's and KBB do not keep track of this fee. Without seeing the invoice, my guess is it's right around $300 (~ 1.25% of the base MSRP).
    Yes, it sound legit. And $300 over invoice is what the dealers do around here (Portland, OR). Don't forget there are incentives out there that vary by region, so there may be some additional money coming. For example, in Portland, it's $500 off 4x4 Tacoma's, so I'm looking at $200 under invoice after it's all said and done.

Check your incentives at Edmunds.com in the new car section.

Good luck.
  • golfguy1golfguy1 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for the best price in NC or GA for this vehicle TRD sports package, towing package, alloy wheels. Looking for out the door price. Please breakdown by price, destination tag title, and tax.

Thanks
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    Bought this today in Edmond from Bob Howard. My buying process was like this 3 years of deciding what I wanted, from Titan to Tundra and now with todays gas prices a compromise on a Tacoma. I sent out for quotes and received many from about 4 dealerships. Bob Howard in Edmond Ok. was cosistently the lowest. I went to the dealer to hash out the options and their first price was $24,879.00. I negotiated them to $23,750.00 and the deal was done. This all took about 2 hours.

2008 Tacoma double cab 4x2 V6 pre-runner long bed, silver mica
    TRD sport package #1
    code -- description
    EJ JBL stereo
    FE 50 state emissions
    GY side curtain air bags
    PM trd sport package #1
    RL daytime lights
    TO V6 tow package
    GL tailgate lock
    CF carpet mats
    F1 vip sales
    P4 vehicle shield package
    I1 pre delivery services
    G1 fueling 4 gal.

MSRP $29,642.00
    price paid $23,750 + 199.50 doc fee = $23949.50

In oklahoma the excise tax will be 3.25 %, So $771.87 + a $95.00 car tag fee $11.00 title fee

I hope this is helpfull to someone. Kevin
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    Your friend got a 4 wheel drive for $4300 more and made you feel like you could do better. HA, HA you did fine.
  • dobiusdobius Member Posts: 4
    Bought an '08 4x4 Tacoma Prerunner V6, Double Cab Short Bed, SR5 PKG. Paid 25,900.00 . Syracuse, NY area. Hope this helps someone.
    I just bought an '08 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab, Short Bed, V6, SR5 PKG. # 2 in Syracuse, NY for 25,900. That included bed liner, floor mats.... Unless you really need the better shocks that come with the TRD Off Road Pkg, I'd suggest you go with the Double Cab. The access cabs are not comfortable at all for backseat passengers. I think that TRD PKG. is a rip off, all it offers is better shocks, and some fancy lettering on the side of the truck - whoopee - if you really plan on using the vehicle off road, then that's great, but otherwise I think you're wasting your money. You can always put the better shocks on yourself too if you needed them for a lot cheaper than what they'll charge you for that pkg.
    Just bought an '08 Tacoma PreRunner, 4x4 Double Cab, Short Bed, SR5 Pkg. #2, V6 in Syracuse, NY area. Paid 25,900.
  • hangtime03hangtime03 Member Posts: 13
    Looking at a '08 Tacoma, 4x4 double cab, short bed, v6 auto, sport package and towing package. Looking at 26K OTD (including 1,500 rebate, tax, title, liscense, fees, etc..). I'm thinking this is a very good deal from my research - but looking for someone to confirm.Thank you.
  • squarepeg1squarepeg1 Member Posts: 1
    on 5-31, last day of month, bought a 2008 Toyota tacoma, 2 wd, access cab, 4 cyl, auto, sr5 package for $18,800 which included $1000 rebate, Out the door with tax, lic, etc...was $20,569....................................First quote was 20,500, 20,400, then 19,900, finally 19,800........(19,923 was supposed to be dealer invoice. MSRP was 21,569, model # was 7114 if I remember right)....... ..........$1000 rebate put price down to $18,800 which I thought was pretty descent deal.
    Real nice pickup. ......4 cyl, auto, access cab, has plenty of power and plenty of room for what I do.
    It is indeed a great truck, and you got a fantastic deal!

Enjoy getting 20+mpg! :)
    Read my previous posts to confirm. A Nissan Frontier outfitted like yours would probably go for 22000 +ttl, a Honda Ridgeline for about the same or less. Hard to tell from your numbers, taxes could be $100-2200 depending upon state. Personally with the market bad for vehicles like these I would definitely want to buy an 08 new within 20% (preferably less) of the trade in price of a used 07.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Looking at a '08 Tacoma, 4x4 double cab, short bed, v6 auto, sport package and towing package. Looking at 26K OTD (including 1,500 rebate, tax, title, liscense, fees, etc..). I'm thinking this is a very good deal from my research - but looking for someone to confirm.Thank you.
    Thank you - if helpful taxes are 3% of purchase price.
  • kee0017kee0017 Member Posts: 3
    would like to know where to get that 2008 trd sport for 26000.00.thankyou
    would like to know where to get that 2008 trd sport for 26000.00.thankyou
  • gruntgrunt Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at a 2008 Tacoma access cab 4X2 with the TRD package with auto transmission. The MSRP for the truck is $26,108. They are telling me that they are selling me the truck for $100.00 over invoice at $23,820. With the current $1,500 rebate the total price for the truck is $22,320 before tax and tags. I like to get feedback to see if this is a decent price.

I am looking at the Nissan Frontier 4X2 with the NISMO package with auto and the audio package. They are only coming $900.00 of the price but they have a $2,500 rebate. The MSRP for the Nissan is $25,900. Trying to decided which way to go.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi - apologies, but typo above. It was 26.6K. That said, the dealer offering the price has not responded to my inquiries to verify...so I'm going to say it wasn't a valid offer.
    A 2wd access cab for 22300 is mediocre. Even worse if it is 4cyl. A Frontier 2wd like it with a v6 and alloys with pwr should be about 19000.
    You could probably get a Frontier Crew cab 4 dr 4wd auto with hitch and power package (bed extender, pwr, alloys etc) Msrp 27500 for 22500 or less. This may even be for the long bed also. Nismo like it (if you could find it) would be about 24000 or perhaps less.

With a well equipped Honda Ridgeline AWD RTX available for 22000 or less (MSRP 29000) all day long and possibly the RTS(msrp 31500) for 23500 I would definitely research that before any 2wd options. It is a helluva truck and in addition to being able to haul drywall and such between the wells and being a roomier truck has a turning circle less than the Frontier and possibly Tacoma. Lockable trunk in bed is a unique touch. Tailgate flips down as well as opens sideways like station wagon and is still rated a higher tailgate load than the others. Gas mileage is probably the same as competition. All V6's

Good luck
    --jjf

I am looking at a 2008 Tacoma access cab 4X2 with the TRD package with auto transmission. The MSRP for the truck is $26,108. They are telling me that they are selling me the truck for $100.00 over invoice at $23,820. With the current $1,500 rebate the total price for the truck is $22,320 before tax and tags. I like to get feedback to see if this is a decent price.
    hangin there handtime in a couple of months they will be begging you to pay them 26.600.
    In regards to the Nissan... when you say they're only coming off the price by $900, do you mean they are only discounting the truck $900? If so, that's ridiculous - this is an invoice or below truck.

Rule of thumb - any vehicle that has manufacturer incentives (i.e. rebates) = at or very near invoice on the selling price. There's a rebate for a reason. Vehicles that are in high demand (not the case here) will have no such offers.

Fwiw... I like the Tacoma over the Nissan, but do a side-by-side comparison before you make up your mind.
  • agc409agc409 Member Posts: 5
    Every time I walk out of a dealership I feel like I've paid too much, although I've always done my research on Edmunds and KBB and always get very close to my target price. Today, after buying the Tocoma, I feel worse than I've ever felt and I'm not sure why.

Got the Indigo Ink Pearl Tocoma, Access cab with SR5 and floor mat option. They had to go to another dealership so claimed they didn't get the holdback of $416 on the truck. Edmunds invoice was $719 lower because in the dealer cost was included a T.M.F. (Toyota Marketing Fee). Sticker on the truck was $23989 and closed on it at $21682 after $1150 cash back. He said he was selling it at employee pricing at $22832 or $400 over invoice minus, of course the $1150 cash back. Using Edmunds I figured my high offer at $20984; a difference of $698 or very near the T.M.F. fee they claim to have to pay.

I don't know why, but I feel almost dirty after this deal. I purchase a new vehicle about every 2-3 years and have never felt this bad. Don't know why.
    Edmunds TMV can be unrealistic, especially on trucks. The kbb wholesale (trade in) price of a used 07 v6 with auto is probably in the 16k range. 5k+ is too much to eat for the 1st 12 months of driving, especially with the dismal mkt for trucks.

Dealers are pretty good at working the Tacoma crowd for money though, numerous stories of 200000 miles etc out there. You've got a fairly mediocre deal there, but you could have done much worse. If the truck was of a particular color and type and you are picky, if you had to pay up you had to pay up.

Happy drivin
    --jjf

Every time I walk out of a dealership I feel like I've paid too much, although I've always done my research on Edmunds and KBB and always get very close to my target price. Today, after buying the Tocoma, I feel worse than I've ever felt and I'm not sure why.

Got the Indigo Ink Pearl Tocoma, Access cab with SR5 and floor mat option. They had to go to another dealership so claimed they didn't get the holdback of $416 on the truck. Edmunds invoice was $719 lower because in the dealer cost was included a T.M.F. (Toyota Marketing Fee). Sticker on the truck was $23989 and closed on it at $21682 after $1150 cash back. He said he was selling it at employee pricing at $22832 or $400 over invoice minus, of course the $1150 cash back. Using Edmunds I figured my high offer at $20984; a difference of $698 or very near the T.M.F. fee they claim to have to pay.

I don't know why, but I feel almost dirty after this deal. I purchase a new vehicle about every 2-3 years and have never felt this bad. Don't know why.
    I think I could have eaten into some of the TMF and DHB if they hadn't had to go 91 miles up I-10 to snag the right color truck for me. At least that's how I'm trying to justify this deal in my mind.

They had a black tocoma on their lot they were offering a better deal on, but again, that truck was on their lot. Can't do black vehicles; way too hard to keep clean.

I guess you're right, being picky cost me a few bucks. Thanks for helping me justify : )
  • flashsimflashsim Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a base 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A) with carpets and door sills.

MSRP: $23225
    Invoice: $21114
    Got it for $19677 + T/T + fee ($99).

My 300K miles tacoma is ready for retirement :-)
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Here in western PA, I paid $22,750 ($23,750 minus $1,000 rebate) + tax for '08 Access Cab 4x4 V6 Auto base model. Only options were sliding rear window and mats/door sills. MSRP was $25,139. Dealer (close to my home) had to locate due to color (silver), and I could have had a white one in stock at another nearby dealer for for $210 less. (Silver and white seem to be what's left of '08's with rebate in my area). I probably could have trolled the internet for a dozen quotes and saved a few hundred more, but time is money-- and the service manager at Baierl Toyota has been helpful with the frame issue on my '01. Inspection is tomorrow.

Amazingly, two other nearby dealerships that provided initial quotes never followed-up. And I clearly indicated I was ready to buy (cash) within 24 hours.
  • gruntgrunt Member Posts: 6
    After looking at various trucks I decided on the Tacoma. I bought a 2008 double cab 4X4, off road TRD, auto, tow package, and floor mats.

MSRP: $30,194.00
    Purchased: $26,444.00 before tax and tags.

I went with the 2.9% interest rate instead of the $1,500.00 rebate. There was one other dealer that had two trucks like the one I bought but they had the TRD sport package and me and my wife did not like the hood scoop. They were taking $5,000.00 off the truck not including the $1,500.00.
  • nvabruinnvabruin Member Posts: 1
    Last week got an '09 Tacoma Access Cab 4x2, 4-cylinder, auto transmission, and SR5 package #2. Got for $20k including destination fee in Northern Virginia. Looked for 4-cylinder '08 but from my research, difference for '09 was only $500. Also '09 has side airbags and traction control as standard, and '09 SR5 #2 option includes rear camera (and maybe some other things that weren't as important to me). Wanted the 4-cylinder for gas mileage and they weren't easy to find in an '08 anymore. Really wanted 5 speed manual but couldn't find one with SR5 #2 option.
    agc409,

Don't feel badly - it sounds like the dealer was "fairly" straight with you. He was correct about not receiving the holdback - that will go to the original dealership. The advertsisng fee 'aka' TDA is a legit fee that Toyota dealer's pay directly to their distributors. This charge is on the factory invoice and thus why the price you see on edmunds differs by a few hundred bucks.

That truck probably could have been had for invoice or $100 over, but you certainly didn't get taken advantage of at $400 over. Plus, $1150 is a pretty generous rebate on a Tacoma - they're usually not much more than $500-$750.

You did fine - now enjoy your truck!
    ocautoseeker,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. After careful consideration, the fact that they went up I-10 a good distance to another dealer to snag this specific truck, and had to cross state lines another 70 miles to a Mazda dealer in MS to get the best Bid to Buy on my trade (an 06 Mazda 3) I couldn't be happier. I have never enjoyed a vehicle as much as this Tocoma. I love everything about it. The ride is fantastic, it's very comfortable, and there is almost no road noise whatsoever. It's actually quiter than my wifes fancy dancy Chrysler 300M. The composite bed the Tocoma has is fantastic; all models should emulate.

I couldn't be happier with this truck.
  • linusboylinusboy Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2009 Double Cab 4x4 w/ Sport TRD & Towing Package, Mats.
    MSRP is $30,500 Invoice is 28,050.
    I have gotten a quote at Invoice - is that good or should I be able to better - this is on a 2009.

Same Dealer has a 2008 similar equipment except the 08 to 09 differences like Side Airbags, VSC etc. I can buy that for $2,400 less (Includes the current $1750 rebate).

They don't seem to want to discount further - I am inclined to go w/ the 2009 - seems like a year difference exceeds the price difference down the road when it comes time to sell.

Any Comments??

Is Invoice decent for a 2009??

Thank You,
  • wvj100wvj100 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know about 2009 prices.

I have been looking for a 2008, similar to yours, in Indiana, Double Cab 4x4, Long bed, w/ Sport TRD & Towing Package.
    MSRP $31,443 Invoice $27,561
    My best price so far $26,705
    I think I may be able to get about $25,900 or so but not there yet.

I think that $2,500 depreciation from 2009 to 2008 sounds about right.

The side airbag would be the only reason for me to consider a 2009.

Good Luck
  • kentuckytookentuckytoo Member Posts: 4
    sounds like a good deal. Whatever you do ,do not go to kings toyota in ohio.We had terrible experience there and costed us a lot of money. The dealer lied his foot off to us. Part our fault for not catching the trickery he pulled on us.We let are gaurd down and tried to trust this person and he took full advantage of this.Called the manager and wasnt willing to help.Why should he done got are signature.Please any one going to kings toyota, be very very cautionshed. They will tell you one thing and sneak in something else.Read papers 10 times before signing if you have to,dont let them pressure you or take advantage of you cause your disabled.Will go into more detail later to upset to keep going.Good luck
  • manofteflonmanofteflon Member Posts: 2
    Thought I'd run this by you guys as it's my first brand new purchase. I'm getting a completely basic Tacoma, with the only option being air conditioning.

Their listed invoice price is $15174, which includes the air conditioning package, silly floormats/spare lock and destination/TDA/holdback/holding fees. I was told I could get this for $15000 even, so with other random fees (dock fee, electronic vehicle registration) and tax/tags I'm at $16720. Then they will apply $1000 cash back, and a $400 recent college graduate rebate making the final out the door price $15320.

Sound like a good deal?