Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

DVD/Entertainment Systems

Comments

• tinagtinag Member Posts: 3
    I didn't have to wait long! Today is my birthday and I got the iPod adapter as a gift from my family. My son bought it directly from the local Dodge dealer and we installed it ourselves in just a few minutes (there were instructions in the box). It wasn't as scary as I imagined it would be.

The iPod sits in the glovebox, plugged into a cable that attaches to the adapter stuck to the back of the radio (you do not have to drill a hole in the back of the glovebox; just hook the cable over the back). Now the AUX button toggles between the CD/DVD, SAT and iPod. The playlists, etc. show up on the screen and all iPod navigation is done through the radio--not the iPod. In fact, there is a Dodge logo on the iPod screen while it is plugged in.

Bottom line? I love it.
  • qalohaqaloha Member Posts: 1
    I want to hardwire the unit to the factory cd player which has an aux input on the face, but I want to do it behind the cd player if possible....the car is new and no service manuals are available yet from helms inc. or the dealer. I am nervous about prying the facia to get the radio out...any clues? Do you know if there are aux inputs in the rear of the standard single cd/radio/mp3 unit, in other words, will it be worth my efforts to dismantle the radio console? thanks, q aloha
  • rajarvisrajarvis Member Posts: 1
    Steve
    how did you get the window switch out? my 2003 T&C just died on drivers side and passenger is intermittent

thanks
  • irizarryirizarry Member Posts: 1
    Please help i have same problom need to wire dvd player without parking brake on!!!!!!!
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Why on earth would you want to watch video while driving?
  • profkprofk Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a used minivan with a factory DVD player. It played a DVD, but could not be controlled. No menus, no subtitles, etc. I needed a remote control. I was happy to find this forum topic, but came away more confused than when I started.

The reason this forum topic is so confusing is that, for example, there are at least 6 models of factory-installed radios listed for my 2006 Grand Caravan SE. Plus, some can have external disc changers and high-end audio added. No posts listed the 3-letter "Sales Code" of the radio in their cars, so readers have no way of knowing if the problem or solution applies to them.

Even worse, many posts refer to aftermarket radios which are very different from factory equipment. I believe all factory sets are hard-wired, so all posts mentioning tuning the FM receiver to some frequency are probably aftermarket units. Not that they don't deserve to be discussed, but they should be identified by manufacturer and model to reduce confusion.

You can get the Sales Code for your factory radio by looking at drawings in the owners' manual for your car. You can get a manual on Ebay, or (FREE) as a downloaded .PDF file from:

Chrysler

Dodge

The 3-letter sales code of most of the Chrysler Corp. radios is printed somewhere on the lower left of the front panel. Mine is an "REV", a single-disc unit with CD/DVD/MP3/Sirius functions and front-panel video/stereo inputs.

Here's what I found:

Operation:
    The REV is pretty easy to figure out. The Mode button cycles through AM, FM, CD/DVD, and Sirius. Audio from a DVD plays though all speakers. It can start to play an inserted DVD but can't control it--no menu, direction keys, pause, stop, etc. Screen format 4x3 or 16x9, play button, brightness control are on the right side of the display. A remote control is needed to navigate the DVD and to select between speakers and headphones.

NOTE (Untested):
    I came across a comment in the Service Manual ($60 Adobe Acrobat CD on Ebay for 2004-2006 caravans, and WELL worth it) that implies that the remote control is inoperative unless the rear speakers are selected; a feature that my REV lacks, but may be on the changer-based players.

Buying a Remote Control:
    One forum post claimed a 05166873AA remote control worked on an unspecified radio. An Ebay seller, the parts dep't of a big Chrysler dealer, claimed that his 5082013AA Remote DVD Control would operate my factory-installed "REV" radio/DVD player. Bought one. Didn't work on the REV. Cheap, though, at $38 + $4 shipping. :-)

Went to local dealer's service department, thinking the radio was bad because the remote was definitely sending a signal (look at the front end through a digital camera LCD viewfinder; the camera can see infrared!) They immediately recognized that it was the wrong part and tested my car with a 05094043AB control, which operated all REV player functions correctly and matches the illustration in the Owners' Manual. A good omen. Cost was $47.50 but they went out in the 20F cold and made sure it worked--definitely worth the extra ten bucks!

Headphones:
    This system seems to use infrared headphones. I have not tried them yet, but it appears that Chrysler uses Koss HB-75 Automotive Wireless Headphones. (Koss HB-70s seems the same, but behind-the-ear style.) These are $60 from Chrysler--but they are pretty sure to work--and $35 from Koss. There is an $18 model on Ebay that might be worth trying. I have a couple of IR headsets I bought some 10 years ago that I will try first. Not possible to try before, as you can only switch from speakers to headphones with the remote.

Disclaimers:
    This is what worked/didn't work for me. No guarantees! YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY BE DIFFERENT!

In any case, please post your experiences in detail. There seem to be a lot of us folks out here trying to figure this stuff out!

Bob K
  • sagejrsagejr Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the detailed info in this post. I too am looking for the correct remote. Could not find that part number on ebay. I take it you were not successful in finding one their originally either? Did your IR headphones ever work out?
    Thanks,
    I went to the dealer and confessed I bought on Ebay. They had the correct one in stock so I bought it from them for their trouble. Since the Ebayer I bought the incorrect one from had Emailed me it would work, he is refunding my money AND shipping. I hope!

I tried an old pair of IR phones and they didn't work. All I got was noise. I bought an RCA headphone from a guy on Ebay for $25. Nice phones but also didn't work on my REV. I looked at the REV through my digital camera LCD and did not see any IR transmitter light up (silicon sensors in all the digital cameras I've had will display infrared even though it is invisible to the eye. Try it on a tv control!)

So it appears I need RF headphones. I am still researching this.

Good luck, and please post anything you find out about headphones. Just remember to include the radio code!

Bob
    Sorry--misread your question. There are other Ebay listings that include headphones, and one for just the remote. These did not list the part number, but the control LOOKS like the right one.

The one I got from Ebay was slimmer and longer, and had the cursor controls at the bottom. The good one is wider at the top (business end) and has the cursor controls there. I bet the seller I bought from sent me a remote for an aftermarket display, probably the one folks have to listen through on the FM band.
    I found a pair of IR headphones on ebay for $35.99. Hope they work. It amazes me how many variations there are in these parts and how similar they look. I have the REV Radio that I picked up on ebay to replace by RBU. It works very well but the RBU remote did not work. I'm hoping the IR headphones will work or back to ebay they go.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Hi, Russ!

I think the REV needs RF phones like these:

http://www.earnhardtchryslerparts.com/Products/part_detail_549_14840.html (their price sucks!).

But the interesting thing in the listing is the photo of what looks like the remote control that works like a champ on my REV. Thought you'd like to see it. No guarantee that ANY remote tnat looks like this one will work. Does your RBU remote look like this?

Bob
    Hi Bob. No, my remote looks slimmer and longer. I tried a pair of RF headphones that a buddy of mine has on my REV radio and they do not work. They used to work with my RBU. Oh well, I ended ordering 2 pair of IR for only $49 including shipping! If they don't work back to ebay they go. I installed overhead screen but need part of the video cable. I've been pieceing together video system since December and am 99% there!
    Thanks,
    Russ
  • gwesdorgwesdor Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with my newly purchased 2006 grand caravan se. I also have the REV sales code unit. While at the dealership I asked about headphones. I was told that since this was a rental return that the rental companies did not provide them becaue they got stolen. I asked the sales guy who confirmed that if I had a single-cd system that headphones would not work. He said I could upgrade for around $360.00. Now, after talking to dealerships and reading posts it is looking like my base DVD system monitor does not have the IR transmitter for headphones. So, I would need at least a new monitor with IR transmitter.According to my local Dodge dealer it does not matter which DVD sales code unit I have. It still won't work unless I have a monitor screen with the IR transmitter. Anyone come up with any other resonable solution?
    I too may be in the same situation now. Have the IR headphones but have not tried them yet. If the feature is not built into the screen, I think I'll be in trouble. Please let me know if you find a solution.
    Thanks,
    Well, I have just been to my 5th dealership. The last one told me that they ended up replacing the entire system radio/dvd changer and monitor for a customer when they could not get the wireless headphones to work. I purchased this vehicle as a rental return which apparently has a "base" system. The 2006 dodge grand caravan manual sez there is a "base" and a "premium" system. It is amazing how much of a mystery it is to all the dealerships here in the Minneapolis area. The dealer I bought mine from has over 100 of these rental returns. You would think at least one other customer would have asked for wireless headphones. I hope to have some type of resolution Friday when I take the van in for minor stain removal.
  • clytleclytle Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE which is a rental return. I tried the Koss IR head phones for $61.00 with no luck. After speaking with the dealership again they advised that since it has the low grade DVD player that in order for the head phones to work I would need to buy the DVD upgrade kit for $348.00 which I did. After an hour of my time wasted putting it in the head phones still did not work. I spoke with the dealer once again and they found out through Chrysler that the upgrade kit is only good on later 2006 SE models. Chrysler advised the dealership that in order for the head pones to work I would need to buy one of the below items through MOPAR.

part#5093530AA= single disc DVD player for $586.00 no headphones included
    or
    part#5093034AB= 6 disc DVD changer for $632.00 no headphones included
    and
    part#4685936AB= headphones at $167.00 each
    or
    part#82208808= awhole new DVD system for $1409.00 which includes the headphones.

If I find anything else I will post as soon as possible and if anyone knows something please let me know so that I can fix my problem. Thanks
    I have an 06 REV radio with the "production low cost" system as well. My radio has the headphone symbol on the lcd display and my remote lights it up when I push it. I figured I was good until i tried a pair of headphones and...nothing. I was told by the dealer that I would need to buy the DVD upgrade kit too. I asked them what the kit consisted of and they did not have any specifics. Can you tell me what comes with this kit and describe what the installation is like? Please, I need to end this madness.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Well,

I finally have found the answer I believe. I took my new/used van of 2 weeks to the dealership and their video guy researched it. Yes, you need the upgrade kit which includes headphones, remote and a circuit board/module. The deal is the low end rental units used a screen with no IR transmitter. Since there is no transmitter there was no need to run harnesses which included audio from the radio to the monitor screen.I talked to a parts guy who called a Texas dealer who went thru this nightmare. It took the dealer 2 weeks to get it resolved.In order to convert your low end system you need 1)Audio upgrade kit part # 82210502 $342.00 2) You need two more harnesses which cost $214.00 and I believe another 30 or 40 bucks.Then you are looking at 3 hrs labor to pull the headliner and route the new wiring harnesses from the radio to the monitor screen. Then the monitor has to be removed and the car/module IR transmitter has to be soldered/cabled to the main video card in the monitor.It would appear that the manufacturer did not think this thru very well. So, if you want wireless via the factory method you are looking at close to $1,000.00 before your done. I am looking at a different solution from a local card audio shop. Will report if I am successful.
  • clytleclytle Member Posts: 2
    The DVD upgarde comes with 2 head phones, a remote and a new circuit board/module(the piece of plastic around the monitor). It is really easy to repalce you need to remove the 4 nuts(8mm) which are located under the monitor when it is pulled down and after that the whole thing will come down(be carefull due to the wires still being attached). You will then need to unhook all of the wires. You will then need a star bit I belive it is size (T-20) to remove the monitor and the rear climate control if you have that. Once that is done all you need to do is connect everything back up to the new one and remount it to the roof. It took me about 45 mins. to complete it. The upgarde kit did not work on my van so make sure that if you do buy one that the dealer that you get it from checks to make sure it will work for you.
    It sounds like you were able to replace the video/card IR transmitter but you then say it didn't work for you. It seems to me you forgot the new wiring harnesses which brings the audio leads up to the monitor. My source tells me the dealer in Texas had to change conmnectors as well down at the radio end. Just wondering if you did change out the harness?
    OK, I wondered about the cable harness that runs from the radio to the screen. I've seen variations with either 10 pins/wire connector and some with 12 pins/wire connector. Not only that, but some of these harnesses are missing wires. I guess these are the ones that support the audio? Can anyone supply pictures for the IR kit contents or what the new screen housing looks like? Can you tell the difference i.e. is there a new red plastic lens that houses the IR transmitter?
    Thanks all.
    So no new cable that runs from the radio to the screen then?
    Do you have any pictures of the parts or can you tell me if the screen housing looks any different? Can you see the IR transmitter or is it right on the board? What about the old parts that you took out, do they look different or do you have pictures to post?
  • bbowman1bbowman1 Member Posts: 2
    Folks - been following the post as I too have a 2006 Grand Caravan that was a past rental with the single disc DVD player REV sales model. Had the same problems with trying to get IR headphones to work. I agree that the cheaper rental models, including my own, do not have the IR transmitter built into the video screen. I found wiring diagrams for the 2006 model here

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2006/rs/rsmo.pdf

I pulled the radio this weekend and verified that the plug contained the needed audio wire to the video screen. I then pulled the video monitor down and the audio wires were present in the plug. Colors were GY/OR left, GY/WT right, and DG/WT common. By pushing the headphone button on the remote and probing the audio wires at the video screen I did get audio present at the video monitor. Confirming in my case that the IR transmitter is the only part I'm missing.
    Instead of dropping $$ at the local dealer for a new circuit boad,etc. for the video I just purchased a IR transmitter off of ebay for ~$20 (Item number: 9716717179 size ~4x3x1/2) and plan on install it in the video screen housing. Remember the IR transmitter should be on the 2.3MHz and 2.8MHz frequencys for the stock style IR headphones.
    I guess if you wanted corded headphones, you could install jacks in the video housing to plug into instead of using IR headphones, but volumn control would be hard.

I will try to re-post once I have it installed.

THANKS to all that too the time to post about this subject! I didn't want to listen to the kids movies either.
    WOW, how did you ever find a technical document like that? That is the most one of the best finds that I've seen. Wish it had part numbers though. I'm going to take a peak at my screen inards now to check my pinout. I've been looking for something like this for a while. I too thought about a simple IR transmitter in place of a factory overpriced kit. Already have the phones and remote. Afterall, the radio is what encodes the signal to send out of an IR device, shouldn't make a difference I guess. Please keep us posted on how this works out.

Thanks,
    Russ
    On the multidisc changer there is a lead called IR enable. It is not clear if that is handled by the cable from the radio to the changer or if it goes to the video screen. Will have to look at that great wiring diagram.There is however another solution.You can buy a 6 disc multi changer part# P04685932AC which I believe is a 2002-2004 multi disc changer that fits the 2005-06 caravans. These changers have an RF transmitter on the outside of the metal casing. It plugs right into the radio with the cable part#4685999AC. Then all you need is the RF 900 Mhz (with SCAN button) headphones and you are done.If you can hook up an IR transmitter to those leads you identified and it works that would really rock. Let us all know.
    Any chance that anyone has written down the part numbers for each section of the 2 piece cable that runs from the radio to the screen? I have the part number of the long one that runs from the windshield pillar to the screen but need the part # for the one from the back of the radio to the windshield pillar. I have the 10 pin version, not the 12 pin. Mine is cut and I need to replace before I can go on with the IR to the screen. The dealer has been iffy on finding the right number as they make so many variations!
    Thanks,
    Russ
  • bbowman1bbowman1 Member Posts: 2
    Since my last post I can confirm, that with my 2006 Grand Caravan with the REV radio and factory DVD player having 12 cable to the video screen, that by adding a 12v IR transmitter you can achieve wireless headphone capability. I recieved the IR transmitter I purchased off of Ebay and installed it last night in the overhead video console. The unit is very small and I was able to drill (5) 3/8" holes into the back face of the plastic housing for the leds to protrude through. With a little hot glue and velcro the unit was in. By splicing into the GY/OR left, GY/WT right, DG/WT common, GY/DG ground, and YL/GY Acc hot I now have IR headphone capability in the van. Kids can listed to a DVD on the headphones and driver can listed to radio at the same time. Remeber that you must hit the headphone button on the remote to the DVD to get the sound to the IR transmitter.

I think the 10 pin connect may be close to the same as my 12 pin connector only has 10 wires to it. but not sure

Hope this helps everyone! Final cost to me was $32 for the transmitter and about 3 hours total to install - taking my time to make it look good and verify wiring.
    I can second this by saying that I also bought the IR transmitter for about $20 on ebay with shipping and connected the unit to my factory harness. Yes, I had to work with a cut wire harness but that is the way mine came anyway off of ebay. This IR transmitter had phenomenol range when I tested it in my kitchen using my factory IR headphones. Thanks all for the feedback. Just saved myself $300 instead of buying the factory IT kit!
    I decided to use the RF type Multi-disc CD changer. I recevd the special cable betwen the radio and changer which included a seperate 2-pin cable bundles with it for power. I could not find a tucked away power connector near the radio to connect up to. Does anyone know the best place to connect power for the CD changer? Thanks.
    Usally with these cable, the power comes from the cigarette lighter socket. The power connector on the DVD cable will fit inline between the cigarette lighter power connector and the cigarette lighter socket itself. If this does not work, you can always cut and splice the 2 wires to the cigarette lighter wire like I had to do. Be sure that you splice to the correct lighter plug though. I had two, one thatturns on and off with the key and the other that stays on all of the time. You want to tap into the lighter plug that turns on and off with the key.
    Good luck.
  • cagolocagolo Member Posts: 1
    Hello friend I'm PAOLO from ITALIA.
    I have a BIG PROBLEM.

I have need this DVD Player P04685932AC but I must to know if it work with EUROPEAN DVD disc.
    Do you know the AREA REGION CODE for Dvd disc?
    in Europe we are in AREA REGION CODE 2 and our DVD player are ready for disc mastered:
    PAL, AREA REGION CODE FREE or REGION CODE 2

In USA you have:
    NTSC, AREA REGION CODE 1

all I have to know is if that Player can read our format, PAL and REGION 2.
    I know that other series of this player:
    Model NO. P05094033AC
    does't work here, only work with american Disc mastered NTSC AREA 1.

Friend help me, I want to buy because I have monitor for my chrysler Voyager but please ask someone expert, in chrysler, or try yourself, insert an EUROPEAN DVD disc inside player, if it work I'm ready to.. and I will thank's for all of my live I'm sure that you know someone that can solve this problem, if you do not have, you can buy a DVD Film mastered PAL and REGION 2, anywere in a store, in internet or... I send you from ITALIA my film cause you try to see with your car sistem.
    For me it's very important.

Help me please I wait answere.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I have a 2004 Quest with an aftermarket DVD player (installed at purchase of van by dealer). When I bought it I lived in the Lehigh Valley and now live in south central PA. The radio station that the DVD player was set for was fine when I lived in Lehigh valley but now I get some interference in my current home and some of the roads we travel. Is it possible to set DVD player to play on a different radio station? How do you go about doing this?

Unfortunately I do not have the brand name of the DVD player as there is none on the unit. Trust me I looked.

Thanks for any help.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Can you call the dealership that sold you the van and ask them who installed it for them? I bet it was outsourced to a local shop near them.
  • strandawstrandaw Member Posts: 1
    Not sure if you're still reading this, mendigs, but just in case...
    In your picture you have a manual for that DVD system. I have the same system in my '05 and getting it running was problematic. After a wrong remote, etc., I found the correct remote and can only listen to the movies via 88.3 on the AM. It seems silly to me that there isn't an actual mode setting (like Satellite, FM, CD, etc) for the video sound that is actually hard-wired to the speakers rather than broadcast on a single channel that may have interference. Is that anywhere in your manual? Thanks if you see this, am nervous about small kids and loud headphones.
  • uav1977uav1977 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have an '03 Chrysler T&C which came w/ the Mopar DVD rear seat video. I had to take the vehicle in to the dealer back a time ago because for unknown reasons the DVD player was powering itself up quietly :confuse: and not turning off....it would have a blinking green LED light on the dash, if I remember correctly. Bad thing of that was if I didn't go anywhere in the car for a few days, the battery would get drained. Anyway, took the van in, the dealer service center said they're not authorized to repair, only replace....for something like $400. and so I said, no, just disconnect it from the power supply and we'll do without. I'm wondering, though, if I might be able to get this fixed by someone, somewhere. Any suggestions? Any notion of why it would get 'possessed' like I described? It seems really wasteful to just leave it disconnected and unused if it might be serviceable; however, it's not my area of expertise for sure. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
  • 4sigma4sigma Member Posts: 1
    Russ, do you still have the RBU and would you like to sell it?
  • ereed1ereed1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 05 grand caravan and need to replace the 6 disc dvd/cd player. Are any of the following interchangable with my current component - P04685908AF, P05094031AD, P04685932AC?? I think the 1st two are Pacifica systems but look very similar, just not sure on dimensions. Last one I found info that said could be used for 03 grand caravan's but could not find any further info
  • storrsstorrs Member Posts: 5
    I had to replace the radio in my car and bought a used daewoo system but I need the code to make it work.
    Thank You
  • dankuesterdankuester Member Posts: 4
    That is awesome. I am in the same boat. I have a 2006 Grand Caravan SE with the REV. I already purchased the remote and Koss phones and do not want to go thru Mopar and spend $300. What type of IR Transmitter did you use? I looked on Ebay but most of those look kind of large to attach up by the screen.
    The cleanest solution is to buy on ebay the 6cd/dvd player that has the RF transmitter built in.Part number is P04685932AC. Approx $250-400.It fits perfectly into the empty slot below your single disc DVD REV unit.You normally get the new cable with it. Then you just have to tap into the cigarette lighter for power. You need the headphones that have a SCAN button. I bought a set for $40.00 brand new ebay.Typically you get a remote with them but the remote you need is the one that came with the REV unit.You should already have that. What this allows you to do is have the passengers listening quietly to their movie while you listen to music or CD's on the single REV unit. Also, if you have more passengers then headphones available you can still revert to using the van's 4 speaker system to allow everyone to hear the movie.
    Thanks to everyone that posted this info.

I too just bought a used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan LX with the REV DVD Entertainment System. There of course was no remote or headphones with the vehicle. My DVD screen did not have the iR device by the screen either.

I purchased a new remote from Ebay (part # 05064026AB) which works great ($12.50 plus $3.00 shipping). I purchased the wireless headphones directly from Koss (Model HB75) - $34.99 each plus shipping.

I ordered Ebay item 190153017345 (New Single Channel IR Transmitter for Wireless Headphones Connects to any RCA Source DVD Game MP3 and More Compatible with most Single Channel IR Headphones Infrared IR TX Wave High Frequency Modulation Stereo 2.3/2.8 MHz Single Channel Frequency Specifically Designed for Mobile Video Use 12V DC and RCA Stereo Audio Inputs) - $16.95 plus $6.56 shipping

My wire harness to the screen had 10 wires.
    The only difference on mine to the prior post is that my GND was GY/DB (instead of GY/DG)
    I wired it together, vecro'd the iR transmitter by the rear climate controls and it works/looks great.
    I like the feature that allows me to play an MP3 player (via AUX inputs and AUX mode) while the kids are listening to the DVD via headphones. I assumed after reading the manual that I would only be able to play AM/FM or Sirius during DVD wireless playback. Not so.

Thanks again for all the info and experiences.
  • jake777jake777 Member Posts: 3
    How difficult is the IR unit to install? Does the IR unit you purchased on ebay come with specific install directions? Also, do you have the six disc changer or single disc? I have the single disc changer in a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and want to make sure this will allow me to play a DVD and listen to the radio at the same time.

Thanks for your help!
    The iR unit is easy. You will need some wiring/splicing/connecting experience. It will be a piece of cake for someone that has messed around with car stereos.
    The iR unit has 2 RCA female jacks (L & R),1 ground wire, and 1 power wire. You would connect:

- RCA Left and Right Negative to the DG/WT – Common
    - Ground to GY/DG – GND
    - Power to YL/GY – Hot
    - RCA Left positive to GY/OR Left
    - RCA Right positive to GY/WT Right

I do not have the 6 disc changer. From what I have read, the 6 disc changer already has the iR in it.
    I have the single disc DVD. The style is "REV"
    The "REV" is printed on mine in the lower left hand corner.

Mine will allow me to listen to AM/FM, Sirius, or an MP3 player via the RCA inputs on the front of the player while the kids listen to the wireless headphones and watch the movie. You need the remote control to make this happen.
    I had the IR transmitter installed today in our van and you can hear the dvd sound through the main speakers as well as in headphones mode. So I feel everything is wired correctly. My problem though, we have no picture on the tv screen which we have never had this problem before installing the transmitter. Has anyone encountered this problem and would anyone know what the solution may be?

Thanks.
    Sounds like the connector on the wire harness was not connected back to the circuit board.(or loose)

Probably the first thing would be to connect all wires the way they originally were and see if it works (with out the transmitter)

I did not encounter this problem. I do notice that about 50% of the time when playing DVD's, the screen has wavy lines scrolling veritcally (continuously). I am not sure if this was happening before, but I doubt that the IR transmitter is causing that becase it is crystal clear most of the time.
    We connected all wires back to the way they were originally and still have no picture to the screen. Any thoughts to what the problem might be? Thanks.
  • bocamombocamom Member Posts: 1
    I have an out-of-warranty Quest with all the bells and whistles including the DVD system. Recently, I inserted a disc but it won't read the movie. To make matters worse, it won't eject it either. It doesn't recognize that anything is in there. I found nothing in the owner's manual about this and the dealer service dept. had no idea what to do. They just want to charge me $100 to look at it and said I will probably have to replace it--for over $1,000! Has anyone else had this problem?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Try resetting power to the unit, maybe by pulling the fuse? Just a guess.
  • mason7mason7 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if I can swap out a 2005 factory DVD system in my Dodge Caravan for a 2006 factory DVD system?

Thanks,
  • rj220402rj220402 Member Posts: 2
    I have a stock DVD system in my suburban but Im not getting any power to the DVD player and I have no clue on what fuse to look for i have pull several fuses but still have not found the right one can anybody help?