Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Car is Right For Me? Help Me Choose!

Comments

• smg5smg5 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice. We had a snowstorm here in Chicago yesterday, so I took the opportunity to drive the S60 AWD ... very nice. Do you have any personal experience with this car? I am interested in the optional traction control, upgraded stereo and navigation system, but the dealer tried to talk me out of the first two because they would be "special orders." Do you know anything about the effectiveness of the traction control or the navigation system? I read the review of the upgraded stereo, and it sounded marvelous (and the included one did NOT), but I'd hate to spend $1300 on it without hearing one. Do you think they are so unusual that it will be hard to find a sample?

Thanks ...
  • riptideriptide Member Posts: 12
    Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience with the S60, it just seemed like a logical choice to suggest. I'm sure people on the S60 forum would be able to help you though. Good luck!
  • brainlessbozobrainlessbozo Member Posts: 36
    Hi, I currently drive a 00 Jetta GLS in Louisiana, which I shall turn in at the end of my lease in few months. I am moving to S. Dakota. I would like to know what car I should be looking at. I am not an off-roading person, and believe that safety is first. I prefer sticks, but MT is not the rule. Anyone care to opine? There is no nearby Volvo or LandRover dealership in Sioux Falls. I prefer a dealership in town (GM, Jeep, Kia, Hyundai, MBenz, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Audi, VW, Saab). From what I know, I think I may lean towards and AWD or 4WD. (Or is that not necessary?)
  • mjc440mjc440 Member Posts: 76
    I'd add the Jag X-Type to your list. I'm also looking for an AWD and was impressed with the styling. I'm still a little leary on the Jag's reliability but it can't be as bad as the Audi/Passats.

Another car I'd consider is the WRX. It'll blow the others away in terms of speed, handling & braking plus it's $10K less. I'm not sure how much luxury you're looking for because leather and climate control isn't available. The "cheapness" of the WRX shows when compared to the Audi, M-B, BMW and Jag.

Just my opinion...
  • silvercrownsilvercrown Member Posts: 237
    I have a friend who is looking to replace her problematic Pontiac Grand Prix (1998). She is hoping to get either a 0% deal or a really good lease deal, since she knows that she will be upside down on the transaction. She is determined to trade it in anyway, rather than pouring more money into a car she no longer trusts and she feels was a huge mistake to lease and then buy.

Here are some of the constraints. She'd like to stay in a midsized sedan with 6 cylinders (preferably, but not a deal breaker). She's leaning heavily toward GM (Pontiac or Chevy) for the good financing deals. She's not interested in Ford and wants to avoid Chrysler. Her price range is $25-30K (which would include a hefty balance from her old loan) or a lease payment of $300-$350. She likes the idea of an import car (esp. Toyota) but she doesn't think she can get as good of a deal on the financing as with GM. She considers this an "in between" vehicle to get out of the Grand Prix and until she can afford something that she really wants to keep (she really likes the Toyota Highlander).

So, as you can see, there are a lot of factors to consider, which makes it more difficult for me to advise. Personally, I'd steer her toward Toyota, Honda or Nissan and I told her that. I also mentioned Mazda, particularly the new Mazda6, but she's afraid to buy a first year model. My thoughts, given her situation, if she's determined to trade now, would be to buy a used midsize car, like a Camry or an Accord (she doesn't want to buy used, though) or a new small car. I'm leaning toward a recommendation for the new Corolla, as a nice, reliable car, which should have fewer problems, even though it's smaller and not as "sporty" as the Grand Prix.

She is willing to consider the Corolla, and that's the only small car that she would consider. That's only because she likes Toyota, but she's not crazy about the style of the new Camry. I have a 2000 Camry, and I really can't blame her, but the similar style seems to work better on the smaller Corolla IMHO. Plus, I've driven the new Corolla and it was much nicer than I expected, so I was able to give her some positive feedback from my personal experience with the Corolla. We seem to share quite a few of the same opinions in regards to cars, so I'm thinking that if I liked the Corolla, she might too. In the end, she'll have to drive it and see for herself.

After our conversation, we came up with this list:

1)Toyota Corolla (my pick so far)
    2)Pontiac Grand Am (I think this is her favorite)
    3)Saturn L-Series (may be too expensive w/o haggling)
    4)Chevy Impala (may be too big, it's a full size)

I tried to choose some of the better "midsized" offerings from GM, since she's leaning toward that direction anyway. She drove a Malibu before and didn't like it. Buick is not an option either (I threw that out there, just to be thorough, and of course, it was shot down, no surprise there).

I also mentioned the new Accord, but she hasn't seen it yet, so she doesn't know if she will like the new styling of it. Personally, I'm not too wild about it's current styling either (I've mostly liked the styling of the Camry and the Accord until the latest versions) but I'll try not to introduce that bias to her. I plan to print out some photos for her to look at and if she likes it, it will probably go to the top of the list, especially if Honda has some good financing deals for it. I don't know how likely that is, though. Maybe someone here has some info on that. (hopefully) :-)

I am doing some research and comparisons for her, to help her make a decision. But I thought it would be good to put this "dilemma" on the boards. Especially as it pertains to good financing and leasing deals. I know it sounds a bit unusual, but I really want to help her make the best decision that she can be happy with. Any and all input is very welcome.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post. :-)

SilverCrown
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    Taurus. Good value and can be purchased loaded new for well south of $20K, or a lower equipped LX or SE version for under $15K-16K. Keep it long, and depreciation means little! Or, a decently equipped short wheel base Caravan for under $20K.

Corolla may be OK if she can go that small. I am not a Grand Am or Saturn L series fan.

Impala is a decent car and reasonably inexpensive unless you load it up.

Of course, I may be biased, but who isn't when it comes to cars!

If she is not going to keep it very long, perhaps she should lease, then there will be no emotional problems if it turns into a lemon, just turn it back when the lease is up and before the warranty is up.
    That's a good suggestion. You make some good points. I'll show her your response and see what she thinks. It's hard because she has so many constraints and cars that she doesn't even want to consider right now. Plus, she has access to a GM discount, which is part of the reason why she's focusing on their products.

But for the size and price, styling aside (which is very subjective anyway), the Taurus might be a good alternative for her. I think she's pretty set on leasing so that she can save for something that she really wants to keep long-term next time.

Anyone know what lease deals Ford is offering for the Taurus?
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    I have no idea about leasing, I keep my cars a long time thus leasing makes no sense. However, since Taurus is sold a lot to fleets (nothing necessarily wrong with that, by the way), there are a lot available on the used market, which causes more depreciation than some of the foreign nameplates. Thus, my guess is that you may lease at a better rate some of the import brands that don't depreciate as fast.

If she wants to consider a slightly used Taurus, her buy price would really be a bargain. Lately I have seen a lot of ads where they will throw in an extended engine/drive train warranty on these newer model Tauri as well.

If she doesn't like Taurus styling, Mercury Sable is basically the same car with a more "formal" exterior sheet metal treatment.

With the economy sucking wind and automakers still pushing product out the plants, there are a lot of good deals around, both new and used.
    I agree that her best bet might be to buy used, if she really wants a midsize car. I'm sure she could get a very good price for a Taurus. She has her heart set on buying new, perhaps feeling that a new car will be more reliable from the start than a used one. She may change her mind, before it's all said and done, though. We shall see.

Thanks for your input. Keep the feedback coming!!
  • jimsxnjimsxn Member Posts: 108
    Which car comes close to being called a 4-seater Miata? Could be a coupe/hatchback/sedan. In the same price range please!
  • ramped1ramped1 Member Posts: 159
    The solution to your friend's dilemma is sitting in the Pontiac showroom. The Vibe.

It's got the reliability of the Corolla (which it is based on) and the financing advantages of GM. Seems like a perfect "stepping stone" option to me, plus it's a cool little ride.
    You have to ask? Of course, it's the Mazda6. Go to the 6 board and read all about it!
    I never thought of that because her focus is on 4 door sedans, but it makes a lot of sense. I'll do some research on it and present the idea to her. If she can deal with a wagon instead of a sedan, then it may be the answer to her quandary.

Thanks again!!
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    give it 3-4 months and then go see your Mazda dealer about an RX-8.
  • tisbe3tisbe3 Member Posts: 10
    Doing some advance scouting for an economy sedan for that day when my present car dies ('84 with 160K miles). Minimum requirements: 4+ doors, MT, air, power windows. Just need for short commute and around-town driving.

Did some poking around and decided to check out the Accent/Elantra, Corolla, Civic, Sentra and Protege. Thought about the Focus but concerned about the reliability. Test drove a Protege5, Corolla CE, Sentra GXE, Elantra GT, Sentra SE-R Spec V and Civic EX. Here are my impressions:

Protege5 - handles great. Power pretty decent, enough for me. Motor noise is a bit loud esp. at higher revs and you can feel the vibration through the steering wheel/shifter. Shift action is pretty good. Nice interior and pretty cool looking car. Price a bit on the high side. Overall pretty good package.

Corolla CE - pretty good pick-up. Handling a bit on the light side. Pretty solid feel overall. Looks OK. Like the reliability (have an '87 Tercel still going strong). Shifter action was poor - kind of rubbery.

Sentra GXE - fast enough, maybe a tad slower than the Protege. Handling kind of light. Ride is noisy and unrefined. Big problem: The shifter is horrible, worst by far of the group. Looks are neutral.

Elantra GT - decent pick-up, car felt pretty quick. Shifter action is good. Handling pretty good but maybe a bit on the light side, not as good as Protege. Didn't really get to open it up, will probably go for another test drive. Like the looks of the car. Price is right. Great warranty but concerned about re-sale value.

SE-R Spec V - not originally in the list but noticed it's around the same price as Protege and higher HP. (Wanted to try SE-R but can't find it in a MT). Great power and acceleration. Almost feels as fast as WRX I test drove a few years ago. Handling a bit disappointing - was expecting it to be tighter than it was. Will take another test drive to make sure. Looks are OK/neutral. Reliability a bit of a concern. The price tag is kind of high compared with the others. Would also need to spring for an extra set of winter tires + steel wheels, pushing price even higher.

Civic EX - Very smooth ride, quiet and refined. Very little vibration in steering wheel or shifter. Shifter action is very good. Handling is very good. Car had driver armreset accessory which is nice. Like the reliability and re-sale value. The down-side: power. Car just feels underpowered. Also a bit pricey compared with the others, esp. given the power.

Well at this point I'm down to the Elantra GT, Protege5 and SE-R Spec V. The Corolla and Civic are great cars - if I was getting an automatic would probably go with the Corolla, but the MT stinks. Civic just doesn't have enough juice. SE-R Spec V might be too high priced - it's a rocket but I don't need that much power. So I'm kind of leaning toward the Elantra GT or Protege5.

Would also consider the Accent GT (even though not a four-door, just because of the price) but haven't found a dealer that has one with MT.

That's about it - Help Me Choose!
  • jpelderjpelder Member Posts: 235
    Of the choices you listed, I'd go Civic. However, have you considered anything like an alero? You may be surprised to know you can get a GX with a MT, sport package for about 13 grand, or less ($750) if you opt for a 3 year warranty instead of 5 years. I noticed that you were mentioning shift quality and handling, as well as power. The alero excels here...very solid and good fuel economy. I bought one last year and am still impressed with it.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    I am leary of the quality of the GM vehicles but I know they are reasonably "cheap" now because of rebates and low financing. Do you have the 4 cylinder? Is the Alero big enough for you? Did you consider any other GM vehicles? Have you had any quality issues or needed warranty repairs?
  • jpelderjpelder Member Posts: 235
    I too was a bit cautious about buying a GM, as this was my first GM. However, I know a few people with aleros, and none had any problems. My alero has the new ecotec 4 cylinder and is incredibly smooth...much better than the old quad 4. It also has good torque, which I appreciate. if you change your own oil, you will appreciate the design and position of the oil filter cartridge. The car is reasonably roomy, and a large trunk.
    It definitely was a step up from other cars in it's price range. I also considered an Impala for it's roominess and smooth ride, but the wife chose the Alero due to the manual tranny.

This car has been performed perfectly, and fit and finish was flawless...something that surprised me a bit given all the GM bashing that seems to go on.

This was my first GM, but I would definitely buy one again, and hate to see this car go away in 2004.
  • ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    After having several unreliable, old beaters in a row, on which I've spent thousands of dollars on repairs, I am preparing to buy an inexpensive ($15k tops) sedan. The cars I'm considering, even a little bit:

Toyota Corolla
    Honda Civic
    Mazda Protege
    Hyundai Elantra
    Nissan Sentra

So far, I'm leaning toward the Corolla. Why? Better warranty and more power and standard equipment, at least on the base models, than Civic. I might consider a Protege or Sentra at the right price, though the Pro is getting a bit long in the tooth and both resale and dealer network are weak. Sentra is ugly and a bit cramped. The Elantra is a great value, but I'm not convinced their quality is up where it should be. Again, dollar for dollar, they're extremely tempting, especially with that warranty, though resale is bad. Focus? No, I've heard too many nightmares, though they have a dealer very near my house and I could probably pick one up cheaply. Cavaliers with a/c and stereo are everywhere for $10k, but I don't think I could live with myself. Am I missing any?

BTW, I'd strongly prefer a manual transmission, I live in the city, my parking is OK, gas mileage is important. My only real requirements equipment-wise are a/c and a stereo.
  • dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    You know what I will say :)

Dinu
    If it is long life and reliability, you are after - nothing beats Toyota and Honda. If you are after a little fun (you asked for manual), Mazda Protege or Pro5 (better) are good choices. I don't know about Hyundai.
  • mazda6sammazda6sam Member Posts: 20
    I just bought a Silver 6i this past Tuesday and it is without a doubt the best car I've ever driven that's under $40k. I test drove four or five models with all transmission choices and engines. I decided on the 6i because the 160hp is very fun to play with and the gas mileage is just right: 420 miles to a tank. I passed a guy the other day in an A4 and he was gawking and followed me for a while to get a better look at my 6. It's so fun to drive and I love the styling. The only thing I'll probably change is the wheels, I got the standard steel wheels because I can get some Konigs for around $500. The radio and interior are awesome. My whole family loves my new toy! Please let me know if you're thinking of buying this AWESOME car and I'll see if I can help make up your mind to buy one.

Sam
  • jidroomsjidrooms Member Posts: 1
    Help! I have great offers on all three vehicles. I have prices for each below 4% above invoice. Any thoughts?
  • mahirimahiri Member Posts: 26
    There are only two cars that I am choosing between -- the Audi A4 3.0 and the Passat GLX. Why should I may more for the A4? Is there more than just prestige to justify this choice?
  • helpme11helpme11 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market looking at 2 cars that I love. But I don't know which is the better deal for the money. The E420 looks very nice but it's a '97 with over 85K miles and I'm not sure if that should concern me (mechanically) and it's 2K less than the BMW (i like the price). The BMW is nice also... Given that both cars are in good condition ( i had both independantly inspected) Can anyone tell me which is a better a deal... HELP BEFORE I MAKE A MISTAKE! :) Thanks
  • aki86aki86 Member Posts: 15
    Basically, what it comes down to is what type of driver you are, since both are excellent cars. If you're someone who drives his cars hard, go with the BMW for it's superb handling and performance. If you like a nicer ride and more luxury, go with the E420.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I had to remove some messages.

There are plenty of places all over the web to talk about political issues. Let's just remember that the Town Hall is not one of them.

Most of our membership appreciates being able to come here and talk about cars without having to think about the very hard things that seem to be happening in the world.

Thanks.
  • nova12nova12 Member Posts: 1
    LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE FIRST CAR FOR MY DAUGHTER. SOMETHING UNDER $4,000.MAYBE JUST A LITTLE SPORTY. CAN ANYBODY HALP.
  • dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    Take a look at:

Integras
    Proteges
    Civics

Dinu
  • mricciardimricciardi Member Posts: 8
    Word to the wise. VW automatic transmissions are crap. I had my 1996 Jetta GL automatic transmission replaced (noticed it sliiping at 60k miles) under warranty at 99,000 miles (went as long as I could with it). Currently have 170,000 and it is time to buy again. A new transmission in a VW is $4,000 and nobody works on them. Also replaced the moonroof motor, all engine gaskets, wheel bearings, entire exhaust ($600+), and fuel injector at or around the 110,000 mile mark. If you need a high mileage car look elsewhere, keeping it for 5 years maximum and under 100,000 miles then take a look.
    The Passat and Camry are both pricey, the Passat has more of a European feel to it and the Camry is more sedate in its ride like an American cruiser. I'd take the Camry first with what I know about the two cars. Do you think VW knows about their tranny problem? I do, its why you no longer see 10 yr 100,000 mile power train warranties, note the Passat's goes 5 yrs, 50k. Besides those two vehicles, I would recommend taking a long hard look at the new Accord V-6 or Chrysler 300M (that's right, a Chrysler), both are more reliable then the Passat will be and Chrysler is discounting the remaining 2003 300M's by $3,000! Invoice on an M is $26,400, so now the car is priced in the mid-size sedan range.
  • maskedmasked Member Posts: 9
    Hey, I was looking to switch from a coupe to a sedan (too many people, not enough back seat room and doors), but I still want something sporty and with leather.

To me, the best used sedans look like the TL, the Maxima, and the Passat. What others should I consider?
    They say that an automatic-V6 combo is OK but you really need a manual for the turbo4. The Passat I test-drove had a very rubbery feel to its manual and an uneven clutch release - and one more thing - the car kind of wobbled from side to side (could have been a lot things - I am not sure). Camry is a buick (I am a proud owner) with a better reliability record.

I suggest lookng at Mazda6 in the new cars and an Accord/Max in the old.
    Not sure if you are still with us since I just saw your post from 4-14.

For your daughter's first car you want something with more metal around her. For around $4K look at early or mid-90s Accords, Camrys or Maximas. You may be able to find some good buys with under 100K miles on them for that price, and if they were well maintained they should go at least another 50 to 100K. I believe most of those models tested well in the crash tests.

They also handle well, and they are among the most reliable cars on the road. I have a '92 Maxima that still runs great with 111K on it, and a friend has a '95 Camry with the same mileage and it has also been excellent.
  • alternatoralternator Member Posts: 629
    Right here at the Edmunds web site are several reviews of the 2003 Toyota Corolla that provide more than a enough reasons for buying Proteges instead of Corollas :

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/toyota/corolla/100074066/roadtest- article.html?articleId=96986&editorialpage=page003
  • maskedmasked Member Posts: 9
    Hey all,

I was just wondering, where is a good place where I can find stock 0-60 times (for autos) for a bunch of under 15k sedans? I'm looking for the sportiest of the sporty here.

Same goes for used...because I would guess a V6 Nissan Maxima would kill all the new 4 bangers coming out.

If anyone has that info, thanks in advance.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi masked - I think that a really good place to ask that question is in our Low End Cars discussion. That $15k you mention is the self-imposed upper limit for the vehicles that are debated there.

Just click on that link to get there.
  • jaekyun2jaekyun2 Member Posts: 8
    My parents asked me which one to buy... Father's major concern is comfortable ride and space..

And he's thinking 2003 Lincoln TC L model, BMW 760i, or Mrcdz S600... what do u think about it?

I know BMW's refinement is much better than TC.. but how about ride quality? Is TC that inferior than 760i and S600?

Plz compare freely....
  • kinleykinley Member Posts: 854
    Space = Towncar

Ride = Towncar or M/B

Quality = M/B or BMW

Large people fit into large cars whereas little people do better in little cars.
  • jaekyun2jaekyun2 Member Posts: 8
    If there isn't enough space, how comfortable ride possible? i might be wrong... just what i thought. hmm.. towncar has been famed for smooth ride (so called magic carpet ride)... however I doubt BMW 760i and Mrsdz S600 cannot give excellent ride.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Member Posts: 539
    For a chauffeur driven car the Rolls is the best. A bit expensive, but the best. Otherwise a stretched Towncar or whatever will do.
  • aki86aki86 Member Posts: 15
    I agree with kinley.

Why isn't a comfortable ride possible without as much space? The Towncar may have more space, but it's only slightly more than the S600. I'm not sure how much the BMW has in comparison (I was using the Edmund's top10 list). Does this mean that the Towncar has the best ride of any car? No, just slightly more space. There are other factors that play into this as well such as how smooth the ride is.

Also, the new Maybach 62 might be good. If they're hiring a chauffeur, they probably have the money. This would beat all three of those in ride quality, performance, quality, and space (by a lot).
  • v8man1v8man1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm almost 17, and my uncle has a 99' camry he is willing to sell to me, but living in massachusetts, and being 15 miles away from my school(private school) i dont think it will do well in snow. If you have any recomendations on first cars, SUV's or sedans.. they will be apreciated
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    The youth always buy something small but practical: Mazda Protege 5, Mitsu Eclipse, Toyota Celica, VW Jetta, Honda Civic, Mitsu Lancer, or a Ford Focus. I think the Camry will be fine in the snow. I think the Camry is a good 1st car if your relative is just willing to sell it to you. Young People also buy Mustang's but thats rear wheel drive so you don't want that in the snow.

A used Nissan Altima or Honda Accord would be nice too. Think 96-97 Accord or a 98-99 Altima.
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Member Posts: 932
    The Camry shouldn't have any problem in the snow. Whenever we get snow, our Camrys and Avalons have done very well. We were disappointed that our 4X4 Sequoia wasn't doing as well as the front wheel drive Camry on snow.
    I'm not sure what that board is saying...but I just know from experience that our Avalon has passed up other SUVs and our Sequoia was more nervewrecking to drive than a smaller sedan.
  • partyboye1partyboye1 Member Posts: 16
    I am young and cool. I want a nice, reliable car. It doesn't matter if it is a sedan, a coupe, or SUV. I like are cars. I am a big Mazda fan and subaru fan. I also like the toyotas, nissans and hondas. My budget is about 12K.
    One of my favorite cars in that price range is the 1996-1999 Celica. What an incredibly great looking car! It's well built and the styling is classic. The current Celica's design will surely fade when a new one is introduced in the next year or two.
  • optimist2optimist2 Member Posts: 15
    I have a dilemma and I am hoping to get some advice from this forum.

Now that my wife and I have had our first child I am looking for a car with
    1) the most safety features (goal is to have the best chance of both surviving an accident and not suffering any major injuries) and
    2) the highest reliability (for the first 5-7 years i'd like to go to the dealer to change oil and do scheduled maint. only)

Yes, I know i want the sun and the moon, but this is what my research has guided me to:

I am looking at two options of almost identical price ($20,000 invoice plus tax, license and fees). this is within my budget.
    1-Passat GL 5 manual with all front and side airbags for driver and passenger, curtain airbags, ABS, traction control and Electronic stability and 4-year warranty
    2-Camry SE 5 manual with all airbags, ABS (NO antiskid or Electronic stability available) premium package with leather, and fog lights and 3-year warranty.

crash tests from NHTSA are similar for both vehicles:
    Passat: 5 stars frontal crash driver, 5 stars frontal crash passenger, 4 stars side crash front, 4 stars side crash rear
    Camry: 5 stars frontal driver, 4 stars frontal passenger, 3 stars side crash front, 5 stars side crash rear
    From Highway safety institute
    Passat: GOOD (highest rating) in all except average in restraint/dummy movement
    Camry: GOOD (highest rating) in all except average in foot/leg injury right front seat.

I love the passat but i really do not want to deal with maint. problems (I have only owned japanese cars: a Subaru GL10 '85, a mazda protege '98 and a rav4 '99-all extremely reliable). On the other hand, I wonder if it's not worth dealing with some limited (apparently) maint. hassles to get the most safety features. Do antiskid and electr. stability really add significant value to the safety package?

I know i cannot go wrong with either choice but I would still value your opinions so as not to leave it to the flip of a coin.

thank you
    optimist2
  • rs_pettyrs_petty Member Posts: 423
    I've driven pickups for my personal vehicle for the last 25 years. I'm in need of a comfortable car and my priority is regular fuel only, seat comfort and ride quality. I use to do 6-700 miles a day and not even feel it, now 250 just kills my back and legs. What are some of the best choices in the 20-30k range and then the 30-35k range? My thinking is a Crown Vic Sport with Recaro or Sparco seats would be ideal, but what other cars might have that ride quality and seat support quality that I should start a short list? Toyota Avalon or Camry, Nissan Maxima? Thanks for any help.