Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Sedan

1564565566567568570»

Comments

• michaelscaimichaelscai Posts: 49
    edited October 2010
    the 2010 mazda6 feels lighter/looser than the generation 1 mazda6 to me. I bought and sold two 2008 mazda6 and they handles excellent.

the 2010 mazda6 handling feels more like a camry than an accord, didn't buy the accord because the seats were too hard and ride was worse than the mazda6.

i can definitely tell the handling is looser/lighter than 2008 mazda6. worse than the 2010 accord which is precise, responsive but doesn't feel light or loose

I don't think you can just call it responsive when someone says it feels light or loose - i think they tuned it a bit too light on the newer mazda6s. My 2010 camry is loose, light and inprecise in handling - but my dealer calls it 'it's just really easy to drive'. lol
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    I think the rotors are warped. Is a torque wrench used when tightening the lugs? Is the car washed when brakes are hot?

You next thing to try is have the dealer do a complete front brake job (under warranty) and go from there.

Tell them it's a safety issue!

Good luck!
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    Yes and no.

I've owned a '04 Mazda6, and now currently own a '10 Mazda6. I agree that the steering is "heavier" or "tighter" on the '04 than the '10, but I disagree with the '10 being looser/lighter than the current Accord, and it's nowhere near the Camry. In fact, I felt more connected to the 6 than I did the Accord, which IMO felt much bigger than anything else in it's class (mostly because it is), and the ride/handling didn't feel as precise or confidence-inspiring.

As for the Camry, it's better compared to a late-model Buick, but that's about it.
  • http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/03/spider-infestation-- recall-web-mazda6-mazda/1

The recall of 2009 and 2010 Mazda6s is due to "a certain type of spider" that "may weave a web in the evaporative canister vent line and this may cause a restriction in the line," the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website. Another 13,000 of the cars sold in Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico are also being recalled.
  • After reading other issues with Mazda6's... have they changed the 2010, 2011, or 2012 enough to avoid buying a bad car??? My 2007 Chrysler Pacifica just ate itself and I have 12 more payments... due to oil consumption problems that occurred between the 60-65K oil change... they know it's a lemon. But I feel like the fool because I bet the sales guy was internally laughing his [non-permissible content removed] off for buying one of his last couple of Pacifica's off the lot... laughing all the way to the bank while I sit here with a car with a bad engine.

Looking outside the box now... at Mazda's, Kia's, Nissan's... but EVERY car seems to have problems whether you keep it up or not... Help!
  • ocramidajzjocramidajzj Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    This myth that some makes are better than others is a myth, especially these days where manufacturing techniques are pretty consistent across manufacturers. What drives these myths is more about good marketing and people who only speak up when they do have issues. Mazda is also much smaller than the other Japanese makes so any issues they have are magnified statistically. I've owned about 8 Mazdas over the past 20 years and they've all been reliable and well built. They're not perfect (some rattles, small equipment failures like faulty radios etc) but they have never left me or my family stranded, even when squirrels ate through the distributor cap of my 95 protege it ran on 3 cylinders to get me home.

BTW I have a 2010 Mazda 6 sGT and it's been solid as a rock and a blast to drive.
  • i have a 2010 mazda 6 i touring with sat. compatable radio what do i need to get sirius sat. radio
  • I've been driving a 2011 Mazda 6i automatic for about four months and have been really pleased with the gas mileage. My driving pattern is roughly 60/40 hwy/city and I'm averaging 29-30 mpg. I believe the EPA estimates are 22/31, so my 6 is clearly exceeding those estimates. If others are getting the same results, looks like EPA really missed the mark on this car.
  • If you are looking for a zero defect rate with any manufacturer in the world, you're going to have to wait until you go to heaven, and I wouldn't promise you a zero defect rate there. However, that's your best bet, I suppose.
  • I need to replace tires. The OEM's were terrible. Any suggestions for all weather tires that perform well in snow? I live in the snowbelt and can average 2' of snow overnight. They are 215/50/17.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    edited October 2011
    If you don't wish to invest in a set of winter tires, but still deal with snow, I'd recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I've heard of other Mazda6 owners having nothing but praise for them. They're great performers in both the dry and wet, and offer excellent snow traction for a performance tire. They're also about $60 per tire LESS than the OEM POS Michelins.