Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    because they show auto. as below

2003 Mazda 6 Auto-Trans, AC, BOSE/Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks, Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Premium Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, Sport Pkg, ABS w/ Traction Control, Side Air Bags w/ Side Air Curtain, Whell Locks, ULEV.
    IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY!
    COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M08856

2003 Mazda 6 Auto-Trans, AC,Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ULEV, Wheel Locks.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# 35M01267
  • Options
    skyrayskyray Member Posts: 156
    Here are some pics of my M6 with lip spoiler only:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dennya/Mazda6/index.htm

Didn't consider the sport grill -- I actually like the standard version better. If I really wanted to up the "sport" quotient a bit I'd probably paint the silver lip above the Mazda logo in body color, rather than getting the sport grill.

I really like the look with just the lip spoiler. It's a nice compromise between the too-sedan-ish look of the car without a spoiler and the "boy racer" look of the wing spoiler.
  • Options
    As far as complaints about the road noise, I'm surprised. I've never been in a recent Camry, but those things must be using soundproofing from DC-9s if they make the Mazda 6 seem noisy.

With the 16-inch wheels, at least, I was shocked at how quiet the cockpit of the 6 is as I was cruising home. You get a little road noise, but compared to the Saab 9-3 we drove down in to pick up the 6, the road noise, bumps, etc. were much quieter. Perhaps there's an audible difference between the Accord, Camry, and 6, but I can't see anyone finding the road noise level in the 6 objectionable. (Perhaps it's worse with the 17-inch wheels?)
  • Options
    mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    Hope it's just a fluke. Hope the salesperson I pointed it out to did make sure it got fixed, as it was the one in the showroom.

The plug at one end of the grip was loose. I think they must've broken it on installation, or they had to remove it to get above the headliner and didn't replace it with a new one. Anyway, if the plug doesn't stay in, the fingers on the grip itself can flex inwards and allow the grip to pull out of the car frame.
  • Options
    cookie01cookie01 Member Posts: 369
    I too think the car is extremely quiet. I was out in the middle of no where and no other cars were around me. The day, however, was windy, so of course I could hear the wind when it buffeted my car (but even that was muted).
    I must admit tho.. I was also playing with my new Bose stereo and at times a bomb could have went off and I probably wouldn't have noticed.
    I did notice that the smaller speakers by the sideview mirrors cause the sideviews to shake! That's some bass baby!
    I have the 17 inchers and I thought they seemed very quiet other than when you're going over rough road or potholes.
  • Options
    adamporteradamporter Member Posts: 5
    I've found them to be a rather unfriendly lot... I may go the online route but would prefer to save some $ if I can. Has anyone had good experience & good price from any New Jersey Mazda dealers?

Thanks!

-Adam

PS: Going for 6s in steel grey, 5spd with Bose, sport, moonroof, MP3, and cloth... May settle for leather if I have to take it.
  • Options
    aromasaromas Member Posts: 314
    In toronto this morning it was like minus 25 celsius(minus 10 Farenheit? I think but it was cold) I went to start the car before I went to work and discovered that the driverside doors wouldn't close. After swearing a few times I slammed them shut really hard and they caught. They were okay when I got to work and when I went home they closed fine then. Never had this problem with other cars when it's that cold. This is my third day with it and the first really cold day so hopefully it was just a one time thing because the car is new(I hope!) I'll mention it to the dealer when I get my lip spoiler put in. Anybody else have this problem?

Another curious thing is that the clock defaulted back to military time as well and the temperature was back to farenheit instead of celsius. Can't figure out how the cold could affect that. Again it was fine when I left work.
  • Options
    vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    It makes no sense for stuff in the car to be changing based on temperature. The displays may freeze up a little because of the extreme cold, but not change totally like you described.

With the door, do you think any moisture got into the door latch mechanism and froze? Do you park the car outside, or in the garage at home? And how about at work?

Good luck working out the foibles.
  • Options
    toneetouchtoneetouch Member Posts: 60
    thanks for the pics. that's a sweet looking ride, the lip spoiler looks great. it's a good alternative to getting the sports package... it still looks athletic but not overdone.

congratulations!
  • Options
    pda97pda97 Member Posts: 91
    Mazda sold only 2720 6s in Feb for a total of 4974 6s for 2003 (so far). An average of 2500/mo. ??? If this figure doesn't improve soon, Mazda may have another tax write-off on its hand.

What do u Mazda fans have to say ? And don't give me that mumbo jumbo about what a poor job Mazda's North American chief was doing and how people were having a hard time finding V6s (since over 2/3 of buyers choose the 4 cyl). Like I said earlier, the 6 is lacking identity. What is it that sets it apart from the competition ? Oh, spare me that "it's the best handler" argument. It ain't working.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030303/lam138_1.html
  • Options
    ruefusruefus Member Posts: 254
    I've heard about people in Europe having some similar issues with extreme cold. Doors not shutting and what not.

The door doesn't surprise me at all, but the displays changing does seem a bit odd. Might want to pose the question at:

http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/

In '91 my father had a brand new Taurus and I was driving a '76 Impala through college. On a really cold snap (like 25 below), his car wouldn't start for three days. Mine fired everytime, although it shook so hard as it warmed I thought it'd flip. :)

Back then I remember hearing that Taurus door handles would sometimes snap off in the cold, so problems aren't unheard of at all.
  • Options
    mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    Plus, many dealers aren't moving from MSRP, though some are. Marketing has a lot to do with it (this includes what vehicles they have on-hand).

Sales for Jan/Feb for all mfrs. have been bad (economy, weather etc.), not just Mazda.

Plus, there are folks like me waiting on the hatch and wagon. Dumb not to include these, esp. when almost nobody else offers these body styles in an appealing car.
  • Options
    I park the car outside at home and work so hopefully it was temporarily frozen but it was fine the night before and it didn't snow overnight. I didn't check the passenger side doors because I didn't want to drive to work with four doors that didn't close. Can't understand the clock problem, maybe a jealous Accord owner was trying to sabotage the car! I do see alot of Hondas around my neighborhood.Gee35 doesn't live in Toronto does he?
  • Options
    You always have such nice things to say. Must have something to do with owning a Nissan, but I digress. Smells like a troll to me, but I'll bite.

Lack of identity? Are you paying attention or just looking from a skeptic's point of view? That'll color your thinking every time. There's no mistaking the sporting nature of the 6, either in print, on TV, looking at it, driving it or even owning it.

As for sales - it's FEBRUARY for God's sake. In the middle of the coldest Winter in years, with a war about to break out and consumers who can't tell if they're coming or going. Vvolume is low? Really? A knack for the obvious you have.

Don't take my word for it - check it out on MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/880057.asp?0dm=C12HB

The 6 will be just fine. Last I read they were on schedule and ahead of where the Altima was at this time during it's latest release. A car's fate isn't decided in 90 days of availability. Not even close - and not one this well regarded.
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    but what I do know is that my Mazda6i is a much better car to drive over an Altima for the same price.
  • Options
    Those are the first pictures I've seen of the lip, looks beautiful. I ordered one as well on Saturday sight unseen because the only picture anywhere was in the brochure and it was at a lousy angle. Looks better than the brochure and is the perfect compliment for a 6 without GFX. Sure glad I got one. By the way how many hours labor did they charge you (if any) They charged me 2 hours but I did order it after I purchased the car. They wanted to charge me 4 hours. Happy sailing.

Can you post a picture with the entire car in a side profile straight ahead.(I hope you know what I mean)
  • Options
    stretchsjestretchsje Member Posts: 700
    "Mazda? Who? Oh, yeah, zoom-zoom."

It's hard to take a serious car seriously with those zoom-zoom commercials, in my opinion.

The option packages and production quantities were screwy, and there's no hatch yet. The commercials didn't pitch what Mazda was actually manufacturing.

The economy sucks. Car sales are down. New car sales are coming off a spike- are there any customers left? We're on the brink of war!

Are these the same reasons Honda is only planning to sell 15,000 TSX's this year?

There are a lot of reasons why the '6 isn't selling, but I assure you the car's design isn't one of them. This weekend I drove a car other than my '6 and the brakes, steering, and throttle felt so disconnected from the road that I was uneasy driving. It felt like the car wouldn't stop, or that the steering was slow because it was loose. Maybe the '6 is too good- the public is used to slowing around turns and doesn't know what to do with a '6!

I say that with complete honesty, too. When I first drove the '6, the brake pedal was so firm that I had a hard time driving it. It felt wreckless because I couldn't brake gently, and to be honest felt totally wrong. I bet that turns off a lot of customers. Now that I've gotten used to it, going back to anything else- even cars I once liked and felt natural- seems not only unfun, but unsafe. I truly mean that.

Driving the '6 can take some practice, much like learning to drive a manual- and we know how many people care to learn that nowadays.

The '6 is the most different car there is in the mid-size market. I applaud Mazda for having the cajones to make this car and scoff at those who dismiss it without giving it a chance. It's not for everyone, granted, but this car is an absolute gem in this vanilla and beige market.

This is analogous to automatics outselling manuals 10-to-1 even though they're inferior in every way but one. Or why SUVs sell like crazy even though their benefits for most families are limited or non-existant. Can that be logically explained? No, because the answer is illogical.

Like malt said- all I know for sure is that my Mazda6i is a much better car than anything out there for $17,701. Oh, and that's before Mazda's $500 grad rebate.
  • Options
    redkey1redkey1 Member Posts: 270
    Anyone wonder why mazda just didn't make take the spoiler out of the sport package an offer it as a stand alone? I think most people's complaints w/ the sport package are due to the full spoiler. I haven't heard many people complaining about the other pieces of the sport package. I for one like the looks of the sport package and think it really adds to the car but I would much rather have a lip or no spoiler at all. From a marketing standpoint, Mazda could have made it so that you had to get the sport package to add other options (like it was before the new website configurations came out).
  • Options
    In Canada, you can order both spoilers, front,back and side skirts all as separate accessories, there is a GFX package that contains body cladding and the big spoiler but I basically could accessorise the car any way I want. Would cost alot more than getting the GFX package but we do have the choice. Does the U.S. not have these accessary items and if not what the hell does Mazda got against Americans. I know Mazda's sell alot better in Canada then the U.S. but I don't think we deserve that much preferential treatment.
  • Options
    focusedztsfocusedzts Member Posts: 10
    I'm a firm believer that the 6 will be a success. First of all, the 6 is facing fierce competition. Most people will overlook the 6 because Madza hardly has any recognition with the public. Most people who buy Camcords p'bly won't cross shop Mazda. I suspect that 6 sales will slowly increase. I have only seen one so far (Portland, OR). However, as more people see them, interest will increase.

By all accounts (media, personal reviews) the 6 is a great car. I currently drive a Focus but am interested in getting a 6 in about a year. I've noticed in other message boards there is some definite interest and some respect for the 6. Mazda needs to build its name to get the sales that you (pda97) project. Give it time and better weather for car shopping. Plus with the RX-8 and Mazda3 coming I think that Mazda will really take off.
  • Options
    combustible1combustible1 Member Posts: 264
    I disagree a little. I think more people were were unhappy with the gfx than the standard spoiler, moreso than being unhappy with the spoiler of the two exterior sports pkg. elements.

Personally, in looking at pictures, and studying it in person, I think the sports package looks sharper. If you skip the sports package, then get the standard wing spoiler.. the lip spoiler is to subtle to make a difference, me thinks. With the sports pkg. either spoiler looks good to me.

W/o any kind of spoiler, I find that the non-sports version of the 6 still looks good dead on front end, dead on back end, and rear 3/4 view.

However, a front 3/4 view and a direct side view exposes the car to be, frankly, bland.

In these last two circumstances, a spoiler, particularly the wing, is a must to bring some style to the car.

of course, others will disagree.
    and they have the right to be wrong.
    ;)
  • Options
    What sets the 6 apart from the others is that it looks and drives a hell of alot better than the Camrys and Accords(the Altima is close) I'm getting looks everywhere from drivers and I don't even have the body cladding on mine. Didn't even notice the new Camrys and Accords when thay came out because they look so wishy washy.

If sales stagger for the 6 then my car would look that much more unique on the road, I don't care how many people buy them all I know is I have one.Can't say the same for those hearses thay call the Camcord. Nothing bores me more than sales figures, it's like some people need to validate their purchase if a million others buy them. Talk about insecure.

combustble: I have to disagree, I have no body cladding and I'm getting stares everywhere. In fact I can't help looking at my car in the direct side profile. I don't see anything bland about it. I do have the 17" rims which I think makes a big difference and will make any car look good except for the aforementioned vehicles in my earlier paragraph.
  • Options
    pat, u r right...some people can interpret the link as advt. so I am reposting w.o the link

looks like they are truly admiring the spirit of the Mazda6

==============================================
    2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks,
    Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ULEV, Spoiler.
    COLOR - Speed Yellow REF# 35M09085

Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ULEV.
    COLOR - Glacier Silver Metallic REF# 35M13239

COLOR - Glacier Silver Metallic REF# 35M13227

COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M13222

COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M13215

Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Glacier Silver Metallic REF# 35M13270

Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Steel Gray Metallic REF# 35M19627

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks, Keyless Entry,
    Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Alarm, Wheel Locks, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# 35M19621

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Wheel Locks, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Redfire Metallic REF# 35M19619

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# *5M23356

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Glacier Silver REF# *5M24832

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Moonroof, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# *5M32419

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks, Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# *5M32274

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Moonroof, Premium Pkg, Appearance Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# *5M24837

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Moonroof, Premium Pkg, Appearance Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Steel Gray REF# *5M24956

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, Premium Pkg, Appearance Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# *5M24889

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ABS w/ Traction Control, Side Airbags, Side Air Curtain, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Glacier Silver REF# *5M32345

Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 4 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ABS w/ Traction Control, Side Airbags, Side Air Curtain, Premium Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Steel Gray REF# *5M32319

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks
    Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ULEV, Wheel Locks.
    COLOR - Speed Yellow REF# 35M09463

Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, ULEV, Wheel Locks.
    COLOR - Onyx Black REF# 35M02589

COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M02605

COLOR - Laser Blue REF# 35M02595

COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M02606

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Bose Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks
    Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Sport Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M13844

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Bose Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks
    Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Sport Pkg, ULEV.
    COLOR - Redfire REF# 35M17330

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, ULEV.
    COLOR - Glacier Silver Metallic REF# 35M13867

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, ULEV.
    COLOR - Speed Yellow REF# 35M13858

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Bose Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, Sport Pkg, Side Airbags & Side Air Curtain, ULEV.
    COLOR - Steel Gray REF# *2513

2003 Mazda 6 5-Speed, AC, Bose Stereo/CD, Power Windows, Power Locks Keyless Entry, Cruise Control,
    Tilt Wheel, 6 cyl, Auto Off Headlights, Comfort Pkg, Leather, Moonroof, Sport Pkg, Side Airbags & Side Air Curtain, ULEV.
    COLOR - Black REF# *2512
  • Options
    >>>>If you are going to get a Mazda 6 S that is plain, your special internet price will be 3% over invoice. If you would like to get one equipped with all the options you requested, the discount will be 500 dollars. Mazda is running out of fully load Mazda 6 S models. To order one, I would need a 1000 dollar non-refundable deposit and it would take at least 90 days to have it ordered. Please call or email me so I can continue to help you.<<<<

What do u think? should I bite it?
  • Options
    aye, there's the rub, matey!

You can't be sure why people are looking at your 6. It could be "hmmm. nice car! what's that?"

or, it could simply be "hmmm. what is that car? it doesn't look familiar to me", and not necessarily suggesting approval.

Either way, the non-sport 6 looks a little better than the new Camry and the new Accord.

With the 6 sport pkg., it's no contest. The 6 hands down!
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Email me and I will see about getting you a NJ referral....let me know what town your in....my email is on my profile.

Rich
  • Options
    dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    I saw "aromas'" 6 and it looks great!!! I'm pretty sure the stares are b/c it looks like a 4 dr sports car, not b/c it's an abomination like the Aztec/original Echo/03+ Accord/Camry...

Dinu
  • Options
    When people are beside me at a light and they honk and give me a thumbs up I think it's because they like how it looks. Wait until I get my lip spoiler.

I'm sorry but I think the GFX ruin the sleek look of the car. I could stand the big spoiler but those side skirts IMO look cheap,tacky, and overdone. I know I've mentioned it before about them not advertising the skirtless version enough but I really do think it is affecting some of the sales. I just can't see MOST(not all) people in their 30's and 40's wanting GFX. You can't deny that Mazda has to steal some Camcord buyers and to do this they have to equally advertise both versions. The closest competitor to this car is the Altima and I hardly ever see those on the road(and there's alot) with side skirts and big spoilers.Us older people like sporty but not too sporty. The car looks more than sporty enough without GFX and still looks classy, it's a good blend. My dealership have sold 8 so far none with the GFX. Maybe us Canadians have different tastes. Remember it is in the midsize FAMILY market. People who want a real sports car are not gonna go for the 6, too many doors and the wrong wheels move.

Look at how successful the Infiniti G35 is in their market, it's sporty but not overdone but still looks classy, that's why they have the coupe available for people who want something truly sporty looking. But I'm sure the sedan outsells the coupe(educated guess). Now if Mazda made a coupe they could concentrate on both types of buyers but I guess that's what the RX8 is for.
  • Options
    buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    I haven't seen one 6 on the road here in MA/Northern NH area. My local dealer is crammed with them; they're gonna end up stacking them on top of eachother. The dealer needs more room for Tributes--got a big shipment in last wk but the unsold 6's are hogging lot space......but let's be fair. These are uncertain times. Give the 6 a chance. They'll move faster in the Spring--assuming it ever arrives!!
  • Options
    and not your car!

seriously. It's clear that they like the car then..

However, I did see on the Mazda6 owners board that there was a survey about the preference for with or without the sports pckg. With about 40 owners (or soon to be) surveyed, the preference was about 4 or 5 to 1 for the sports pkg. vs. the look of the non-sport pkg.

Maybe your right about it being a "Canada thing" though..

reminds me of the time when I went up to Canada about 5 years ago to help open one of their first Home Depots, our company made a big deal about how to talk to Canadians, that Canadians are a little sensitive and don't respond well to too much directness or assertiveness. seemed pretty silly to me. lol.
  • Options
    People have told me I have rugged good looks i.e Mel Gibson. Once I bribe Dinu he'll confirm it. The only problem is most were guys honking.(Yikes)

That's funny about the Canadian thing, I think we do have a bit of an inferiority complex. What do you expect when our Prime Minister speaks broken english and our military consists of about 50 people, 40 of which I believe are semi-retired.

I find that poll suprising but I think the majority of people on these boards are probably under 30 so that's expected. Heck 10 years ago I would of preferred the GFX as well. At my age it's like music, it's just too loud.
  • Options
    I'd like to introduce you to my sister!

I wish people would post their ages on this board.. I too would like to see how much the style preference breaks down by age.

I'm a 38 year old (although many people seems to think I look about 28-30), single male. I was turned on by the sports pkg. version, but then I got a little self-conscious when some of the derogatory "boy racer" remarks started cropping up on this board. So, I don't want to look silly in this car either.

It's embarrassing when I see 55+ year olds tooling around in Corvettes or Firebirds. It looks undignified. I don't want to look like that, even if I may prefer the gfx look of the 6!
  • Options
    johnclineiijohnclineii Member Posts: 2,287
    The sad thing in this life is that for many of us, by the time you can afford a Corvette you either no longer want it or others think it inappropriate for you!

I don't care what others think. I will drive what *I* want, regardless of how I may look in it. This at the awkward age, tee hee, of 47. Neither old nor young, yet I see myself not as middle aged, but sometimes young and sometimes old!

Sport package? One moment I want it, the next I don't.

And oh, by the way: Congratulations, Cookie, on the car! And thanks for the report!
  • Options
    combustible: If you like the GFX, then go for it. It's not my style but don't worry what about other people think, life is too short, leave that to Accord and Camry owners.

I went on Mazdaworld.org and guess who just posted that they bought a 6. The guy who does the Subway commercials who used to be a fat guy.(Jared?) I think now Mazda has officially hit the big time.

I'm logging off now and go ask my wife if it's okay to go out with your sister. She'll probably say yes. She is so supportive.
  • Options
    Yep, I ordered the lip spoiler sight-unseen (other than the catalog pic and a bad angle on the Mazda Japan web site) as well. That's why I wanted to get pics up for everybody.

Alas, it'll probably be a few days before I can shoot a side-on view, but I'll do it as soon as I can.

(As to the boy racer comments on the wing spoiler... I actually think the wing looks slick. And it makes a lot more sense on a 6 than on, say, a Saturn or a Neon! But it was just a bit more than I wanted myself.)
  • Options
    I like that. ;-)

thanks for the feedback.

I waver between liking the non sport or not, where as I KNOW that I like the sports pkg. But I may have to get the non sport because all available sport versions in my area have a sunroof, and/or BLACK leather, neither of which would work for me.. and I can't wait to order.. my old car is ready to collapse!
  • Options
    mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    Not a M6 owner yet, but that's the plan (just have to wait a while).

I'm 34, and was concerned with the look of the sport package being a little "much" for my taste/age. Never been a huge fan of the GFX kits, particularly aftermarket. I was think what some of you have thought (or are thinking) - maybe get the non-sport with the lip spoiler. But when I drove the sport package 6s & took a good look at it, & I love it. IMO, just enough, not overdone. I love the spoiler, not too high like some other ones. The 17 in wheels are key too, and the price of the whole package is pretty damn cheap (as opposed to say, getting the bigger wheels & lip spoiler separately). The sport package really gives the car a distinct look that's not quite as apparent without it - though the non- sport still look better than most in the class. Just my .02
  • Options
    toolman02toolman02 Member Posts: 59
    aromas:

If you read on in that post on mazdaworld.org, the guy who claims to be Jared from Subway admits he isn't.

combustible1:

I'm with you. I'd like the sport package but without the leather/moonroof.

Leather owners: Do you slide around a lot in corners, or do you stick pretty well?
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I drove a leather equipped 6 on a good run and had no trouble with seat slip; the bolsters did their job. Now if that decked out 6i was only a little cheaper....
  • Options
    I like that. ;-)

thanks for the feedback.

I waver between liking the non sport or not, where as I KNOW that I like the sports pkg. But I may have to get the non sport because all available sport versions in my area have a sunroof, and/or BLACK leather, neither of which would work for me.. and I can't wait to order.. my old car is ready to collapse!
  • Options
    gtyler2000gtyler2000 Member Posts: 17
    I haven't seen a bunch of different 6's in person, but it looks to me like the exterior color affects the impact of the sport package. I think a white 6s with a sport package looks more subtle than the same car in red or blue.

Does anyone agree?
  • Options
    stretchsjestretchsje Member Posts: 700
    Completely. Hence I got a loud color w/o the sports package.
  • Options
    zaimonzaimon Member Posts: 124
    I've seen two 6's on the roads in the past month. A steel grey and a white, both 6s with the sport package, both looked great!

I was lucky to encounter the steel grey in traffic in Berkeley so I got to drive side-by-side with it for about 15 minutes down University Ave and onto the freeway! As good as the car looks when it's standing still, with the wheels turning it's a different story! There's no way you'd mistake that car for a Camcord!
  • Options
    the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
    go to http://www.mazdarevitup.com and sign up to autocross in Mazda-prepared Mazda6's!!!!!

Sign up for the event in your area! I've already signed up for the July 27th event at FedEx Field! I can't wait!

let's see Honda and Toyota even DARE to put their midsize car up for such events!!!
  • Options
    carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    I expected 3,000 sold. Only 2,720 sold. Its an increase but slow again. As for the bad economy tell Honda that: 27,000 Accord sold in January(I don't have the numbers for last month.) Maybe a bad economy for the Domestic Big 3 but Honda and Nissan are sure pouring it on as of late. Even Hyundai. The reason was bad product choices with the 6. Everybody wanted 5 speed with V-6. Instead they got 4 cyl auto's on the lot.
  • Options
    fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    the non-GFX version. But then I'm an old geezer who doesn't want to look like an *old boy racer*. ;)

I'm 72 and just wanting a 6 puts me in a different class, right?
    Now, I drive a 2001 Protegé, no mud flaps, makes you look too cautious.

I see plenty of grey heads driving Corvettes, they are the only ones who can afford them. Photographed 30 of them last summer and not one driver was under 45.

fowler3
  • Options
    jtkz13jtkz13 Member Posts: 51
    My dad ownz a red Mustang GT, and he's 47 yrs old. It matters none to me, but at least get a manual trans if you are gonna get a sports car.

IMO the non-gfx looks realllllllly plain-jane. It doesnt need the spoiler, but it helps. the front bumper, side sills, and 17's are a must for it to look sporty.

Who knows though, I am 21, and have a Mustang GT and Altima 3.5, so maybe I have a skewed perspective.
  • Options
    carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    The Tribute has become a become a good seller for Mazda. Why all of a sudden the Tribute? I guess people want winter weather vehicles. Thats good news for Mazda: maybe the 6 hatchback with AWD will be a good seller for them.
  • Options
    redkey1redkey1 Member Posts: 270
    I agree w/ you...someone posted a link of their new 6 w/ no sports package but a lip spoiler. I think it looks way too plain. I think the GFX really add to the sleek lines of the car, but the full wing is a bit over the top. The 17s are a must to complete the sporty look. But, I will agree for those looking for a non-camcord family ride, the non-sport 6 is still the one to buy.
  • Options
    Everyone here seems to be saying the 6 isn't selling well. Does anyone have anything to go on besides going to a dealer lot and seeing a bunch of cars, or not having seen them on the road or comparing it to a completely established car?

Speculation means very little. Any naysayers got any industry news stating the car isn't doing well?

I'm not trying to be a jerk - I'm really looking for proof beyond going past the lot, not seeing one on the road or the Camcordima's latest sales month.