Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Echo Prices Paid and Buying Experience

majorthomechomajorthomecho Member Posts: 1,331
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Less than sticker, but more than invoice.

Comments

• ml91ml91 Member Posts: 26
    I bought my 2001 Echo for the "invoice" price of $12,058: 2 door, 5 speed, option package #1, 3 in 1 stereo, and air conditioning.
  • mccallrmccallr Member Posts: 19
    I paid $12,800 but and sticker was about $13,700.
    I have a 4-door, 5-speed, with A/C, AM/FM/Cassette/CD Player with 6 or 8 speakers (can't recall at the moment...but it sure sounds nice). I also have that cladding stuff around the car and a window defroster on the back. I also got it financed by Toyota for $0 down and 0% interest for 36 months.
  • echorickechorick Member Posts: 27
    In May of 2001 I bought a Toyota Certified 2000 2 door Echo. It had 7,700 miles, 5 speed and air. I paid $8,800, plus tax. I think I got a great deal. I added a Toyota CD player I bough on eBay for $100.
  • majorthomechomajorthomecho Member Posts: 1,331
    Kiplinger's Personal Finance has an article about cars in their December issue. In the article, they give the percentage of MSRP that should be your target price. For a base, stripped Echo, the percentage is 97%. Not sure if that applies to loaded Echoes, but it might give you an idea as to if you paid what Kiplinger's thought was a good deal.
  • ethan6871ethan6871 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my echos with every thing on it in 2000 for 12880 each the list on the window was 16100 each I bought both at the same time and they were looking to move them out asap for the 2001 ECHO so I got 4000 off each
  • larrykingrylarrykingry Member Posts: 15
    I just purchased my 2002 Echo for $11,275. MSRP was $12,900. It is a 4-door,5 speed, a/c, power steering, cruise control and the extra mile option package. How did I do?
  • podmepodme Member Posts: 3
    You did very good with that price ($11275).
    But what is your total price with fees & taxes ?
    With the following options included (4dr, 5spd):
    - Air Conditioning
    - All Weather Guard Package
    - Auto Idling Control
    - Quarter Stone Protector
    - Radiator Cover
    - Sports Body Cladding
    - Power Steering
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    MSRP $12,806 Purchase Price $11,700

plus tax, licensing, doc fee, tire disposal fee (? but only $5).

Longo Toyota www.longotoyota.com

2 door sedan, auto, defroster, floor mats, automatic transmission, power steering

From their internet sales department, I drove down from Northern California. The car was also offered on sale in an ad (exact same options, but different colors) at a local dealer, but the price was $288 more so I made the drive.
  • morefavesmorefaves Member Posts: 4
    Bought in Queens NY.2002 2 Door Auto/AC/PS/All Weather Package/3 in 1 Audio Package/Carpet Floor Mats/Split Rear Seats/Wheel LocksAdded Dealer Anti Theft System, which I probably overpaid for, and with License/Inspection/Dealer Fee +8.25% Sales Tax(NYC), out of Door Purchase Price came to $13,572.
  • lily888lily888 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, It is my first time to buy a car. So a little scared.
    I live in Detroit. I am I'm interested in 2002 Honda Civic Dx Auto 4 Dr. and Toyoda Echo Auto 4 Dr. Which one will be fit for the snow weather in Detroit? I usually use my car to commute to work and occasionally drive 4 hours to Chicago on holiday. Could anybody recommend me which one I should buy?
    BTW, some people told me that it is a better deal to buying a one or two years used car than buying a new car? Could anyone also tell me your opinion on it?
  • ammarammar Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I am also buying a first car. I found a used 2000 certified echo with 27,000 miles on it at the dealer. It has warranty till 2006. The previous owners smoked (i can tell). It has A/C and manual 5 sp shift. The dealer is asking for a ridiculous 10.2K. Edmunds says that It is worth 8.8K. I think i am going to start bargaining at about 8K. Is that OK? Any advice? What price is too much for this car?

Thanks,
    A

(New 2002: 10.7 INvoice and 11.4K MSRP)
  • deluxcardeluxcar Member Posts: 47
    Shopping for an Echo for my 21-year old daughter. The MSRP is $14,711, invoice $13,664, dealer offered $13,444 (including $400 college student discount but must finance through them.

The Echo is optioned as follows:
    4-door Automatic
    Air conditioning
    3-in-1 audio system
    ABS brakes
    Digital clock
    Daytime running lights
    Floor mats

My daughter loves the car but I believe the price is a bit high. Is this a good deal? Are there any special interest deals on the Echo? The offer is open until July 1.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Have you checked this price with Edmunds True Market Value? Click on "New" at the top of the page.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • lynnann1lynnann1 Member Posts: 85
    $13,500 for our 2000 Echo- bought in May 2000

4 dr
    4sp automatic
    digital clock
    3-1 6 speaker audio
    a/c
    floor mats
    sport cladding

no abs and no running lights
  • bob365bob365 Member Posts: 3
    2002 Echo - Polar White

2 door
    5 speed
    Air conditioning
    All weather package (Rear defroster, heavy-duty battery, rear heater ducts)
    Floor mats (which are actually pretty nice; I especially like the holes/hooks system that keeps them from moving around).

$11,176 including destination charge.
  • heathmheathm Member Posts: 1
    i bought my echo new in 2000 its now 2 years old and i only paid 9700 with ac/ext warr./and other dealer extras
  • cagliostrocagliostro Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my new 2002 echo monday. I payed $10,626.95 and that included tax title and tags. I wrote them a check right on the spot for that amount. I have the two door, 5 speed, with AC, Weather package, floor mats, AM/FM radio. I used the $1000 rebate and dropped a $500 trade to get it that low. Orignial sticker was $12,200 plus another $750 for tax and title. All told I saved rufly $2300.
  • cruxakiracruxakira Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I plan to purchase 2003Echo this month. In Cash! My aim is 4dr Automatic. With everything I want, the invoice price will be $13413(without Tax and Destination Charge). Could anyone give me a suggestion of how much I can save? I actually want to get a price than this. Thanks!!!
  • josefstarkjosefstark Member Posts: 1
    Hi, cruxakira.

I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, where Lake Ontario meets the St. Lawrence River.

Here, a new Toyota ECHO costs $14,025 + $750 dealer prep + 8% provincial sales tax + 7% federal GST (gods and services tax).

So, here, a new ECHO costs $14,025 + $750 + $1122 + $981.75 = $16878.75 Canadian dollars = $10886.79 US dollars.

At that low price, there's not much room for negotiation.

They sell these cars at cost, in order to get lifetime Toyota customers. I am one. My mind's open, I keep driving other people's cars and renting all the other brands, but I have never found a car that I like more than my two Toyota Corollas, for the last 20 years.

I always buy the base model. I choose the larger wheels, though, for better handling. I add my own stereo system. But, I don't want a moonroof that cuts down my headroom (I'm 6'2") or air conditioning (I buy a silver car that reflects the sun's rays). I drive a standard transmission,

The ECHO is now what the Coralla was, 15-20 years ago. It's ugly now, but if it gets prettier (or, at least, less ugly), the I might buy one, next time around (which may not be for 4 or 5 years).

Josef
  • justaguy4justaguy4 Member Posts: 1
    I plan to buy this car in Northern Californa but I don't see the price. Anyone bought lately, pls share the info.
    Also, pls tell me how much you pay out of the door. Thanks
  • enyeny Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 04 echo at Darcars Toyota in Silver Spring MD. 4dr manual ac power lock power steering CD split rear seat 15'' tire

ask for $13500 b4 tax and other fee(invoice $12811 and edmunds TMV $13145) paied $13000 including everything: tax processing fee and tag fee.
  • kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    I paid $13.1k bottom line for my 01 on 11/00 so I think you did very well. Its nice to hear about someone buying an 04 because there arent many ECHOs around her for sale!
  • jojomonkeyboyjojomonkeyboy Member Posts: 43
    I paid $11,500 for new base model 2003 Echo - (about 60 miles on it) w/manual trans - that was drive away price. Tax, licensing, transfer etc - all included.

I'm really happy with the car, I have a mix of high-way & city driving for my commute but I get between 36 and 37 MPG
  • kitschkittykitschkitty Member Posts: 1
    OK a dealer is offering me a 2000 Toyota Echo, total price is 9483, includes tax, tages and a 4 yr warranty. It's a 4 door auto, w a/c power steering, cd& tape player, 60/40 split fold rear seats, power locks. Its a good price according to edmunds, but overproced according to NADA.com
  • dgecho1dgecho1 Member Posts: 49
    How many miles on it?
  • kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    I just paid $3000 for a 2000 ECHO with air, auto, cd player and the body molding all around it. It has 117k miles on it. There were no error codes stored in the computer, and other than a brake fluid, spark plug and coolant change the car needed no work. I did find a bent rear wheel, (which appeared to be moved to the right rear) from the front. Everything works and it got 33 mpg recently in all town driving. Im seeing ECHOs with 150k miles for sale asking $4-6k.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Yeah, the gas price crunch has had a very positive effect on resale prices for cars like the Echo! :-)

$3000 sounds like a bargain on a 117K Echo. In my area, prices don't drop much below $3000 for used Toyotas, regardless of miles, until the car in question begins to display signs of being really worn out.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

This discussion has been closed.