Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey 1999 - 2004

Comments

• tom477tom477 Member Posts: 42
    where can I find the new colors for the 2002 odyssey without going to the dealership...is there a website? I tried collegehillshonda.com but it only showed mesa beige..HELP!!
  • lumanskilumanski Member Posts: 39
    Banu: I bought an 2001 EX in March from McDavid with a 30 day wait. Here is a breakdown of my research:
    * McDavid: "Internet Special" $200 off. The sales guy mysteriousely left the dealership right before I bought but I still got my $200 off.

* Rusty Wallis: I had bought from them before but they would not match the $200 off. I gave them the chance but they balked, so I walked.

* Vandergriff: Was most convenient to home but they were at invoice PLUS some $500 window etching. I told them that I spend $500 on options that I want, not them. BUT, they have a demo to drive if you haven't driven one. (perk)

* Lute Riley: From what I've heard they have them in stock if you want to pay for the options they've added.

Good Luck.
  • jasoninwijasoninwi Member Posts: 9
    I don't think there's anything official on the web for seeing the colors just yet. If you go to www.odyclub.com and check out their forums, you'll find some scans of the brochure and also some images made with some computer-geek nifty crop and scan software where a 2001 was made to look like a 2002 with new colors etc. That site has a bunch of info on it's forums, but sometimes too much. Anyway, I was sifting through the many posts and found some scans of the brochure, color chart, and some other sample images but I'm not sure how accurate they are. See my next post - a rant about the new brochure..
  • jasoninwijasoninwi Member Posts: 9
    What's going on here? For any of you like me who've been looking at the 2001 brochure for months, waiting and wondering about the 2002 model, a chance to see the new brochure was an exciting moment. But hmmm, wait a minute, these pictures in the new brochure look pretty familiar. THEY'RE THE SAME PICTURES! I can't believe it. Apparently they just print-shop altered the vehicle portion to crop in the new color and taillights and grill, onto the same picture of the 2001 from last year's brochure. From what I can tell, there are at least 6 shots that are the same. The interior ones are different, and there's a new looking picture of both the RP and the HB colors, but who knows if they just snapped a 2001 and digitally altered in the new stuff for those also. In short, until you can actually see and touch one, you're not going to know the true color, but that's true for anything. I guess Honda has such a hot product with the Odyssey, it feels no need to spend much on the new brochure for it. I think all 7 colors are different enough though, that it comes down to which general color you prefer, not like there's 3 different shades of gray or something.
  • hillbiehillbie Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know if the RES System comes with an audio cassette player? It seems that the EX comes with AM/FM and CD player, however CollegeHillsHonda.com is stating the RES comes with a AM/FM, CD & cassette. I've also looked at a photo at HondaNews.com and it visually looks like it has one. I still have not been able to find a 2002 brochure anywhere, maybe it makes it clear.
  • tag9tag9 Member Posts: 39

• 2004runner2004runner Member Posts: 12
    Well... I'm waiting for the 2002 Odyssey. Our local Honda dealer gave us the 2002 brochure and they have some '02's in transit. We've told them our preferences: silver or white EX-L, which means I have to get either the Navi or the RES (DVD player). I opted for either. My only complaint is that you can't have both. We're more interested in the leather aspect of the minivan feature. Anyway, my wife and I went to look at the Sienna's one more time to make sure we want the Odyssey. I like the Sienna's styling and features, plus Toyota's name sake. With that said, the Odyssey is much more spacious than the Sienna, and it's cheaper. I like Toyota's, but the mini van category is a no brainer in comparison to the Odyssey. We hope to take delivery of our new Odyssey by next weekend.
  • ody2002ody2002 Member Posts: 17
    According to this review, http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/romans/01.acura.mdx.fd.html , the 2001 MDX shares about 12 percent of the 2001 Odyssey's architecture. MDX was built on Ody's platform. Now after Ody borrowed MDX's engine and transmission, I bet both 2002 vehicles would share about 50% of each other.
    Thank you all for great contributions to this board. Great ideas and suggestions on this board!

After did my extensive research, I have just ordered my 02 Ody (EX-L-RES) Friday through a smaller Honda dealer in Charlotte, NC. I am a very lucky one since they only have one allocation in this model with the color my wife likes too (Mesa Beige). I paid $500, and the total to pay is $30,800 on delivery. From what he said, this is Sept allocation, the Ody will be delivered this month but no later than Oct.

For a long time, I've been looking for a car with the best combination of SUV/VAN. As most would agree, 2001 Ody is the best minivan, and 2001 ACURA MDX is the best SUV. I like the 2001 Ody, but it lacks the horse power, entertainment system, and leather of MDX's luxury. I like 2001 ACURA MDX, but it doesn't have the roomy and nice features of Ody's convenience.

This 2002 Ody put the best combination of both 2001 Ody and 2001 MDX. The new 2002 added MDX's 240-hp 3.5 liter SOHC 24-valve V-6 engine, it also added MDX's 5-speed automatic transmission. So this 2002 Ody has the nice 2001 Ody look (interior and exterior) but with MDX's strong body, don't even mention leather seats and DVD entertainment system, besides, we're not paying MDX's $38,000+ price.

If you're looking for a vehicle puts the best of both world, 2002 Ody is the car you want to own.

Regards,
  • davidthompsondavidthompson Member Posts: 36
    Hello, everyone. This may be a rather sacrilegious question to ask in this forum, but I'll risk it, and hope you won't flame me...

We are very content owners of a 1999 Odyssey EX, and were already on the
    waiting list for a 2002 EX-L. However, having just had a major problem with
    our local Honda dealer (they had agreed to a price of $19,500 on the
    trade-in on the deal sheet, but when we went to deliver the car, tried to
    drop that down $3000!) we are now feeling stung and thinking maybe we should
    consider alternatives which would be more readily available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to other vehicles (vans or suv's) which
    would give a similar functionality - room for at least six with some luggage
    space still, fold-into-the-floor third seat, preferably power doors if a
    van... Japanese or European models, please - I may get my wife to swallow
    the idea of getting something other than a Honda for the first time in
    years, but I am sure I would never get her in an American vehicle.

Thanks for your advice.

David
  • mommyof4mommyof4 Member Posts: 46
    I doubt you will be able to find something similar to Ody, given that your preference is either European or Japanese. As it is, Ody is probably the biggest one available. Perhaps you should consider a Suburban (Chevy), an Excursion (Ford), or a full-size van. Why don't you check around and see what other options you have on the 99 Ody? Have you thought about selling it yourself?
  • billg7billg7 Member Posts: 342
    I would first look around at other dealers for an Odyssey. You might have to go to the nearest large city, if you live in a small to medium size town. I would not give up easily looking for an Odyssey. I would be patient and willing to work at it.

I would go to a large book store and get Consumer Reports Soft cover book on 2001 mini vans and SUV's.

For the 2001 models The Toyota Sienna LE was almost as highly rated as the 2001 Odyssey EX, but that was before the 2002 Odyssey, with so many improvements. Next comes the Chrysler Town & Country LX with its twin the Dodge Grand Caravan Sport rated the same. These 4 vehicles are the only ones rated excellent.

For SUV's, although it was not the top rated model, the completely re designed 2002 Ford Explorer got a very good rating, in one of the latest issues of CR, available at your library. It is also reasonable priced and I believe comes with a fold down rear seat. CR rates other SUV's higher, but they cost quite a bit more then the Explorer.

I would not get a SUV and CR will tell you why, in the book above. They are just not as practical as a mini van unless you drive off road a lot. Their ownership costs are significantly higher also.

With a 1999 mini van already, which would be only 3 years old, I would be willing to wait even for a 2003 Odyssey. You are going to have your new car for many years, probably. So why not get the best mini van you can. Also you get another year out of your 1999 and it will not depreciate that much more from 3 years to 4 years. So you will probably actually save some significant money by getting another year out of your current vehicle. I kept my last car 150,000 miles and my brother got another 20,000 out of it, and that was an American Buick. So cars last a long time.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Since you are probably paying msrp already for the new Odyssey, why not shop you 99 around to other Honda dealers. My bet is that this guy is hoping that you want the 02 so bad that you are willing to go low on your 99 (this is equivalent to sell you the van at $3000 over msrp). We just traded in our 01 RX for a 02 SC and my wife called around the dealers in the bay area and the low bid she received is $27K and the high bid is $31K for the same suv. Given that Odyssey is still hot, you probably can do better without a lot more work. Hope it help.
  • vikki26vikki26 Member Posts: 11
    Phoenix 2001:
    The post on the Canadian Odysseys in Scottsdale: The $25,900 you quoted -- which Ody was that for? 2001, 2002, LX, EX? My husband is (understandably) leery about what kind of a deal this might be, so if that's a 2001 LX price, I'm not sure I'd even check it out. But... if it's a 2002 EX-L or something similar, might be worth a look. (And was that Canadian or US $? :) j/k)
    vikki26
    p.s. do you know what doc fees are running in AZ right now? how negotiable are they?
  • mschafermschafer Member Posts: 317
    The Doc Fee charged by the dealer is usually about 10X what it costs them to title and tag the vehicle. Almost every one will tell you that it's not negotiable. Like any other profit center, it is.

When I'm negotiating for a vehicle, I'll tell them up front that I will not pay for an item called "Doc Fee" or anything like it. I tell them to hide it somewhere, because I'm looking at the drive out cost; and I don't want to see that item in the final driveoutr price. When they leave it in and refuse to remove it, I walk. *Every* single time this has happened they've eventually removed it. One saleman even chased me out into the street as I was driving away to tell me that, if I'd come back, they'd remove it. They did. I bought.
    The next time you get a chance, check out your local police cars. Leather seats, because it wears better than fabric or vinyl; and the stuff that tends to get on the seats of a police vehicle (blood, vomit and other bodily fluids and stuff) cleans off of leather a whole lot easier than fabric.
    How tall? I'm 6'4 and 260 lbs. I modified the driver's seat a bit; and the ride is now A-OK.
    I deposited $500 yesterday and signed the paper, but today, I looked the paper I signed, I didn't see any VIN# or LOT #, is this normal? Have I missed anything? Thanks in advance.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    I believe that the auto manufacturers only allow for vinyl or cloth seats for police package cars. Leather would be far too high maintenance for them :-). What you saw were probably vinyl seats, which could look like leather.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • bostongardenbostongarden Member Posts: 25
    It has been a while since I last posted but I have remained addicted to this forum.

The New York Times Automobile section has an article about hot and once hot cars. According to the author, the Odyssey is approaching a "full boil" along with the SC430, T-bird, MDX and Highlander.

Some choice quotes from M. Maynard's article dated August 31, 2001 arranged so as to not violate copyright laws:

"Interest remains high in the Honda Odyssey minivan, still a suburban status symbol... Odyssey sales are actually down slightly this year -- not for lack of buyer interest, but because of a production quandary...Honda has had to cut Odyssey production to build more MDX's...the Odyssey wait is generally about three weeks nationwide...Supplies of the Odyssey should ease up late this year, when Honda opens a factory in Alabama that will be devoted to the minivan."

Don't take what the article says as gospel because I believe the collective information on this board is terrific, however, I believe that many would agree that the information in the article is in the general neighborhood of many felt opinions here.

The article http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/31/automobiles/31CARS.html

• mdguymdguy Member Posts: 17
    Just wanted to share my experience with the board and asked for your input. I live in a maryland suburb just outside Wash DC. I have been reading this board for a while and my wife and I had decided to buy an Oddyssey some time ago but just hadn't pulled the trigger. When I heard about the 2002 model, we went to our local dealer and were offered the following:

2002 EX MSRP 26,750 (Silver)
    2002 EX with Leather add $1,500 (total 28,250)
    440 standard destination charge

$1,000 deposit (with written statement that it is refundable at anytime -- this is high because I believe the avg. deposit on this board is $500).
    $25 doc fee.
    delivery in November (but salesperson admitted that are very conservative so as not disappoint - may come in October).

The question I have -- is that already the dealer is making a great profit when you buy the car at MSRP and then when you start adding leather they are charging you the list price as well (adding further to the dealer's profit).

Has anybody been able to get anything in return from their dealer (especially those in the Washington DC area)? For example - 2yrs. of free oil changes, mud guards, roof rack cross bars?
    Or should I just be happy that I am not paying anything more than MSRP?

I would be interested in hearing your responses.
  • billg7billg7 Member Posts: 342
    It looks like to me, from reading everyone of the posts on this board over the last year +, that if you get a 2002 Odyssey at MSRP you are doing good. A number of dealers are charging more then MSRP.

On my 2000 Odyssey I payed MSRP, but the dealer did throw in one thing, free oil changes for life. He probably figures he makes out on this, as he gets to charge for and do all the other services which are not free.
  • bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    Does your sales offer every 7500 miles free oil change for life or every 3,750 miles ? Let's assume Ody life ~ 100,000 miles

100,000 / 7500 = 14 times oil change, if change oil every 3,750 miles then ~ 27 times. Oil change dealer charges $19.95 x 14= $279. or $ 19.95 x 27= $538.65.

Oil change is free but how about those so called 15,000 miles or 30,000 mile service which they will charge you an arm and a leg to make up for the free oil change.

Anyway a free oil change is free. I will take any free one they offer and watch out those 15K or 30K service.
  • phoenix2001phoenix2001 Member Posts: 22
    Just remember that the only good thing about this is that you can drive over to Scottsdale and see the cars for available, haggle, etc. Call them up and get the address. (Heck, most Ody buyers never get to see the car unless they are just about to buy it.)

The website is www.anyautosonline.com. They sell Canadian Odyssey EX's 2001's where they change speedo to miles, add third party warranty because the Honda one will be void, and engine block heater.

They say they will have 2002's soon and I think Canadian dealers are getting them very soon. The price over the phone is $25,900 but I suggest driving over and haggling. Act like the warranty is a big deal etc. Canadian invoice is about $20,500 so they have lots of negotiating room even after their costs.

If you can't buy outside of the Phoenix area then these guys will save you money but you have tradeoffs.

Oh and doc fees are pure BS. I always say I am negotiating total price and the dealer can categorize whatever line items they want as long as it only adds up to my negotiated price. The only good thing about the doc fee category is that sales tax is not applied to it. I remember negotiating a total price and when the invoice came it added up alright but the line items were ridiculous (doc fee, ADM, etc.) I think it allows the dealer to get away with saying, "Everyone pays doc fees!" Pure BS.
    Personally, paying MSRP for the Ody is not an issue at this point. Delivery, however, is another matter. I've been quoted MSRP by my local Honda dealer but to forget about delivery before the 1st of the year (could even be another 30-60 days hence!). Therefore, I'd gladly take your deal (MSRP, $1k deposit, Oct-Nov delivery).

With respect to MSRP, consider the following. My neighbor sees 3 2002 Yukon Denali XLs sitting on the lot at the local GMC dealer. He walks in and is quoted straight MSRP, not one penny less. Now, we're talking Prrrrrrrrofit! Sticker on this beast is over $50k while invoice is $44k PLUS the holdback is a full 3% (compared to Honda's 2%). Given the Ody's features, resale value, et al, I'd say we're getting a much better deal paying MSRP for the 02 Ody than he did for his 02 XL.
  • abhairabhair Member Posts: 8
    For Thompson # 3070 - I also have a '99 Ex in excellent condition. I traded for a SS 02 Ex with leather. I carried a print out from Edmunds.com/used in with me. It listed the trade in price at 21072. I was told 19500. I told them I could not except lest that 19900 and would not pay for the extra finish or other extras. They told me my mileage of 45500 was costing trade in amount. I did agree to install a cassette because I listen to books on tape when I travel. I finally traded for about 99500.
    I would have like to have more but I asked several other dealers and this was the best.
    Your post raises an interesting issue; how are the Edmunds.com values derived? They're higher than KBB values, aren't they? Compare Edmunds' values for the 99 Ody with KBB:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ud?kbb;918502&;t&35&3;13&

• slockoslocko Member Posts: 111
    I think my title says it all :-)
  • inkyinky Member Posts: 370
    Will this include heated seats?
    INKY
  • inkyinky Member Posts: 370
    I hope the Odyssey leather will not have what some reviews call shiney/plasticy leather. I refer to the Accord leathers. I compare with Sienna and Lexus RX 300. Honda leather choices have not been top quality lately. I will have to see the Odyssey leather in person to tell.
    INKY
  • rockycowrockycow Member Posts: 114
    The leather option includes heated front seats.
    Rockycow
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    I like to refer to them as "pleather."
  • davidthompsondavidthompson Member Posts: 36
    Thank you for the comments and suggestions, folks. It is interesting, abhair - the dealer's quote for my 99 EX was $19,500 too. I wonder if that is just a figure they toss out to everyone.

In this case, the problem was that my Odyssey is a Canadian one, legally imported and all that of course. I had pointed that out to the dealer quite explicitly (in writing) and they subsequently appraised the car at $19,500 and wrote up a deal sheet with that figure. Then, when I went to deliver the car to them, they suddenly insisted that they had not appraised it with it being a Canadian car in mind (which meant that they thought it had 80,000 miles!) and now they could only offer $16,000. With little time on our hands before we head back to Europe, we can't run around to a bunch of other dealers looking to set up a new deal.

Well, we checked in with our lawyer, who indicated that the deal sheet should hold up in magistrate's court, and recommended that we simply unload the car at a loss to a non-Honda dealer - CarMax or whoever, and then file against the Honda dealer for the damages (the difference between the $19,500 and whatever we get - which is looking like it's going to be $17,350).

By the way, for any of you in the Charlotte area who may be interested, the dealer in question, from whom we had bought several cars in the past but will of course no longer be patronizing, is Honda Cars of Rock Hill - part of the Hendrick monopoly in this region.

What I really don't understand is why any dealer would pull this sort of thing with a loyal customer, knowing that in the process they create any enemy for life? What about the money they would be making off the sale of the 2002 Odyssey, much less the profits from all the cars in the future that they now won't be selling us?

By the way, it is interesting the difference between Edmunds' values and KBB. To me, the Edmunds' values seem more realistic - the difference between retail and trade-in on KBB is humongous. But then I have been having trouble getting a handle on these values in the real world. When we had the '99 at CarMax yesterday to get it appraised, they had a '00 LX with 30K miles sitting there marked with a "no haggle" price of $25,500. Isn't that more than the original sticker price? Will someone actually pay that? Should I really be selling this vehicle privately, despite all the hassle?
    I think I'll be satisfied with the leather in the Ody provided all the seating surfaces are, well, leather. After all, the third-row seat in the Yukon XL I looked at was actually VINYL. But, I suppose GM had to skimp somewhere; the vehicle is only $45k.
    Will someone actually pay that? Yes, I think somone will. About 4 days ago, an 2001 Honda Ody EX (withotu NAV) was sold at same Carmax (off Independence Blvd) for $28,898. This car was only sit there for two days.

As far as Hendrick, this car dealer is your worst nightmare. Don't order anything from them.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I think you will find that ALLmost all third seating surfaces are vinyl. I suppose there may be a few exceptions. You can still buy aftermarket leather which I'm sure will even be better than what comes on the 02 Odyssey. I have the aftermarket and the WHOLE seat, not just the seating surface is leather, the headrests, and on ALL seats, even the door panels, and sliders are leather. You also get alot more colors to choose from, and even some designs availible too.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    The '02 Odyssey comes with side impact airbags though...check your owner's manual for restrictions on changing upholstery, adding covers, etc. Most manufacturers will state that seat mounted side impact airbags are not compatible with aftermarket upholstery, even though the company might claim special airbag compatible stiching.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • shellymeister1shellymeister1 Member Posts: 52
    I don't recall if anyone has noticed that the EX-L interior pictures posted at HondaNews.com show a CD changer. Does anyone know if this will be standard in the EX line, or an option? Apparently a 6-CD changer is now standard in the 2002 Honda CRV EX.
  • viskhaviskha Member Posts: 35
    From the specs on the 2002, it appears the EX-L has a CD player with 6 speakers, not a CD changer.
    In general, I think you're correct about third-row seats being vinyl. My point was that quite a few of these vehicles cost thousands more than the Ody yet the quality of the leather (where there even IS any) leaves much to be desired. I would still consider the Ody a bargain even if the leather is not top quality. In short, I'm not expecting Connolly hides for under $30k.
    Has anyone seen a list of 2002 Ody accessories or upgrades? There is definitely a CD Changer shown in the Hondanews.com photos.
    You're probable referring to the bottom item on the picture. Look at this much BIGGER picture (thanks the host allowing me to post it here), you'll see the item could be a DVD/CD player, maybe not a CD changer. Could the upper CD player be a DVD player too? I did see some DVD buttons, but could be see DVD signs like the bottom one does.

• minimanminiman Member Posts: 85
    About 100 posts back, there was a questions about LX vs EX and the necessity of the power sliders. No, they are not necessary. They are, however a great convenience. They are also a giant hassle when they fail. After 5 trips to the dealer and over a full day of work spent waiting on-site, taking the dealer's shuttle to work and (when the dealer started to feel bad) waiting to sign out a rental/loaner car, my '00 EX was lemon'ed and I got an '01 EX. The '00's doors had a problem the day I picked up the van (and in fact, each door developed its own problem - one had closing and beeping problems, and one had opening problems) . Thus far, 5 months of my '01 have been w/ zero problems.

In '00, only EX had TCS and driver seat height adjustment (left brain reason) plus w/ all the other toys (keyless remote and steering wheel radio controls a favorite - right brain reasoning) I went w/ the EX.

Here's my advice; if
    1. you want the van for the long, long haul (7+ years)
    2. you can spare the toys and saving $1 - 2k is not a bad thing for you (some folks NEED to spend as much as they can);
    then get the LX w/ addition of keyless remote.

I like having the EX toys and the doors, but when I look at my other vehicle (a 1994 model I hope to keep at least until 2004) then think about my Odyssey - I am confident my Odyssey will start, drive, stop, and play music just fine, but I wonder what will happen to those EX doors in 2008...
  • minimanminiman Member Posts: 85
    An earlier post asked for recommendations for more available vans than Odyssey. If you are in fact trading in a '99 for an '02, consider Chrysler T&C (quasi-European - Daimler name). For three years, it should hold up fine; DC quality is improved according to Consumer Reports and other sources. Also, Edmunds' minivan comparison noted that it was the best driving van. The dash looks really cool w/ dual-colored and chrome trimmed gauges. Odyssey is plain (but, true to Honda, functional). The real DC drawbacks in my opinoin are resale, long-term reliability, and company backing its products; for the former, try leasing (that way you fix the pricing and depreciation from day 1), and certainly drive a really hard bargain. When they see you trading in from an Odyssey and hear that your are on the list for another, they may really deal to steal a Honda customer. The end-of-year '01's on the lot may also offer extra savings that you will not find at Honda. For long term quality, if you also keep this van 3 years - not an issue. The warranty should keep you covered. Also, Consumer Reports has not given the usual Honda gold star to the Odyssey (esp the 1999's). My '00 EX was a lemon. With a new plant going on line in Alabama, Honda quality may again slip in '02 (can you request a Canadian-built van?).
    What Odyssey does have going for it is how well most complaints seem to have been fielded by Honda. Honda really did well by me in the end when I had a problem they could not fix.
    Good luck.
    Thanks to Ody2002 for posting the larger picture of new CD/DVD/Cassette Unit. I'm still thinking that this is a CD changer Unit as well. Can you read the the printing on the 4 buttons flanking the rotary control? They look like: AM/FM, Tape, CDCHG (Cd Changer?), and DVDAUX. Anyone?
  • diymandiyman Member Posts: 11
    Certainly looks like a CD changer to me. In addition to the CDCHG button, notice that buttons 5 and 6 are also Disc- and Disc+ for selecting among the discs.

But what also caught my eye is I'd like to know what that white REAR PWR button is for?
    Thanks Diyman for reassuring me, that I'm not crazy. My thought on the rear power button is that it turns on the power to the DVD unit, LCD screen, and rear headphone controls. Also, I noticed that the DVD unit below has a light for CD and DVD, which leads me to believe that you can play a CD on the DVD unit and listen to it in the headphones separate from the main CD player above. This would allow rear seat passengers to enjoy separate CD music. Just a guess........
    .....and yet another query. Note that the LCD to the right of the rotary control reads "2-05". What else could this indicate other than Disk 2, Track 5 (audio track for CDs/chapter track for DVDs)? Also, the LCD reads "DVD" directly above the numbers. Does that mean you would load the DVDs/CDs in the DVD player?? I need answers; this CD/LCD/DVD thing is leading to OCD (Odyssey Compulsive Disorder).
  • rrr54rrr54 Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know of any sites that would show service buletins relating to the Oddy.?