Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• I just bought a 2003 2.5s and I was satisfied with the stereo until I put in Miles Davis at the Blackhawk. His muted trumpet was so distorted I had to turn the treble way down and put the fade to the rear to make it listenable. Any suggestions on making this stereo better?
  • I have the 2.5 S and a standard AM/FM/CD with no CD changer, no SAT button, no cassette, single CD player only, no stereo controls on steering wheel. I want to add AUX input for my ipod. Anybody done this?
  • I have a '01 Altima. Had remote starter installed while still under the factory warranty. Have not had any problems. I had it "piggy-backed" onto the factory keyless. Just make sure you have it installed by someone with a lot of experience.

I recommend Ziebart Tidy Car or the like.
  • 1969iggy1969iggy Posts: 17
    I have got over 18 gallons at least a dozen times... and on at least 3 occations i've hit 19 or more, with 19.2 being the most. I've also run out of gas once... :)

ScoT
  • 1969iggy1969iggy Posts: 17
    Anyone out there have an aftermarket hood? I have a big dent in my hood and need to replace it at some point in time, wanted to get one that looks different since there are a million silver altimas out there... (I have a 2002...)
  • big_guybig_guy Posts: 372
    Anybody know if there are aftermarket tail lens assemblies to replace the stock units? I am not a big fan of the clear tail light assemblies and wanted to know if there are options for changing them out?
  • wojo0624wojo0624 Posts: 2
    What is the best way to remove the front headlight with the corner lights and tail lights? I am having trouble taking them out. If anyone has a solution please email me. Thank you.
  • aaa000aaa000 Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive aftermarket exhaust for a 3.5 Altima? I am looking for something a little deeper and more aggressive sounding (just like on the Altima SE-R), not the angry beehive sound that is so common among the sport compacts. I saw the post for the Stillen and the Mossy exhausts, but anything cheaper out there? Thanks for any help.
  • i have an 03 altima 2.5 and i got a cold air intake off of e bay for $50 which worked great and after i lifted my car up on the lift at my work i noticed that nissan installs 2 catilytic convertes on their cars as well as 2 mufflers. well i cut out the muffler in the middle of the car that was almost 3 feet long and put a straight pipe and it is still street legal and i noticed a great power gain and all they charged was $45 to do that and it sounds better has more torque, acceleration, HP, and top speed it is a great and chep way to get more power out of your 2.5. i did leave both catalytic converters in though. I hope this helps out some people out that want a cheap yet effective way to increase the performance in their car
  • my 03 nissan altims used to squeak a lot when you applied light pressure on the brake pedal and had a little grinding noise when i slammed on the breaks. now i have noticed that a lot of altimas i drive at work also do that so to cure that problem on my car i ordered up a set of drilled and slotted rotors for the front and used Raybestos QS series brake pads the ceramic pads and i also snipped the ends off the little metal tabs on the brake calipers that the brake pad slips onto and now my breaks work a lot better and no more squeling so there is another thing to improve your altima for cheap and i have done all this on a job that i only take home $400 every 2 weeks so its not expensive also look for my other post about the modified stock exhaust all this done by a highschool student with a $7.50 an hour job
  • That 3 foot long muffler was not a muffler. It was a resonator. The purpose of that is to rough up the air a little so that it uses the muffler to the full extent. I also had it removed and the air flow was much better but the sound was typical mad Bee. I then purchased the Stillen axle back and the sound was nice and deep. I also changed the header to a Stillen and removed the pre-cat so I was left with one Cat on the car. The Nismo Cold Air intake was the last thing and the performance was great. I love the sound and power now but the total bill was around $1500. So the cheap is definatly out of the question.
    :shades:
  • I like my 03 Altima, I don't like the NON-folding side mirrors. My two previous Nissans (92 Stanza, 95 Maxima) had folding side-view mirrors. Is there any product that will let me replace my non-folding factory mirrors with some folding ones?
  • question.. i want to put subs in my 02 3.5 SE.. should i get it professionally installed or is it easy enough to figure out that i shouldnt waste the money? :confuse:
  • I PURCHASED A NEW ALTIMA IN 2004. THE CAR CAME WITH REGULAR HUBS AND NOW I HIT 35,000 MILES SO I NEED NEW TIRES. I AM LOOKING INTO 20' INCH RIMS. IVE SEEN THEM BEFORE ON OTHER ALTIMAS, BUT IM NOT SURE HOW THE RIDE IS? CAN ANYONE HELP? BESIDES THE 20'S, IS THERE ANY OTHER MODIFICATIONS THAT NEED TO BE INSTALLED PRIOR TO INSTALLATION? PLEASE HELP..
    REPOST OR EMAIL- JAMESXNYC@AOL.COM
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,782
    James, I assume that you're from NYC as well. You've got to watch out putting such big wheels on NYC streets. You're asking for trouble combining those short side wall tires and NYC potholes. Can't you get the look you're going for with an 18?
  • Sorry folks,

I didn't know how to post a message here but maybe someone will help me out. My daughter has a 1995 Nisson Altima GXE and someone broke off the auto antenna of her car and I'm trying to replace as cheap as possible. We don't seem to have any car salvage yards around here. Can someone point me in the right direction for this.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Chuck Davidson
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,782
    Chuck,

Ebay is a good spot for used parts.
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tip on finding parts on EBay. I did go there but couldn't find any auto/power antenna for a 1995 Nisson Altima. Will keep trying. Hey Mike, whatever happen to indivual cars clubs? I use to belong to a 1992 Nisson Stanza.

Thanks Chuck. If you think of anything else, please let me know.
  • If you don't mind me asking, how much did your exhaust moification cost? Did you feel a change in horsepower? How loud is it?...Is it close to the Z or G35 Coup? Louder? I've been thinking about changing my exhause as well, but I don't want it to sound like those load/modified Honda Civics.
  • haefrhaefr Posts: 600
    Ease of "exhaling" is only a small part of the enhanced performance picture for a stock motor. If you want any meaningful power increase, you have to look at helping the motor "inhale" easier, too. You also have to look at remapping the ECM's ignition advance and fuel delivery curves with a ROM chip modification or replacement. A 20 hp increase will likely set you back a grand for a low-restriction cold-air intake, low-restriction fart pipes, and a re-chip. Net performance gain? A half second off your current 0-60 mph time. Maybe. (But, at least the cops'll hear you coming two counties away...)
  • 2001 Nissan Altima - Low beams inoperative - Must use high beams at night.
  • boss3boss3 Posts: 1
    What do I have to do to get 20's to fit my car. My tire size is 245/35/20. Holla back at (832) 741-6816
  • ltllowltllow Posts: 1
    its true its a 20 gallon tank , im a shop manager and i looked it up on all data. dont run it downto empty .....not good.
  • my altima has a problem if i turn on my aircon my engine will become eratic and suddenly the power decrease and feel so heavy the mechanics says thatit has something to do about my air flow control and censor...anyone knows how much is air flow control?????
  • penizzlepenizzle Posts: 104
    You are probably looking at an IAC (idle air control motor)which is about 50 to 115, it depends. This motor control the engine idle spedd for when the a/c is turned on and for when the steering wheel is turned.
  • do you know how to fix that thing?im not comfortable when i drive my car...when i turn on my engine rhe idle is about 1300 rpm when i turn on the aircon the rpm will gow down to about 700 rpm...pls help me...tnx
  • penizzlepenizzle Posts: 104
    the iac is usually in the air intake hose or underneath the throttle body or around it. On most cars, all you have to do is undo the bolts and take it of. On others, you have to remove the throttle body. Buy a Haynes repair manual from your local auto parts store for your car. Those have procedures for almost every make and model. THe IAC will be under the Emissions Control section or under the fuel and exhaust section. Good luck
  • ok tnx....i like my car so much coz it has a long but thin body and the engine is strong like the skyline.
  • Hello Forum users!
    Let me say thank you first for every post you made. Those were really helpful to me for choosing a vehicle I want to buy. I finally made up my mind and am about to buy 2007 Altima within a week. Before signing the papers, I have this one last question I'd like to ask about packages & options.
    I tried real hard to squiz 3.5SE into my butget but it seems like I need to downsize to 2.5S. In that case, can I still add VDC package on 2.5S? According to nissanusa home, it's not possible. I don't even know if I really need that but I just heard it's good to have. Maybe I better ask what VDC is exactly for? or is it worth to buy?
    Also, can anyone explain to me the differnce between Xtronic CVT vs. Trantion Control System, and ABS vs. ABLS(Limited Slip)?
    You may think it's a stupid question but I really need your advices. Thank you very much.
  • Yes, VDC or Traction control system are worth the money even if you need to pay for them. But Nissan is unfortunately not offering it for 2.5S models which is very sad. VDC basically helps in controlling the vehicle when it slips in rough weather. If you can compromise checkout Mazda6 sedan which is more car per money but lacks front head room and not as spacious and powerful as Altima. But drive is good. One last thing these 3 features are the beat safety options to have on any vehicle (1)Side Curtain Airbags (2)VDC or traction control (3) ABS in the order of priority.
This discussion has been closed.