Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zink88zink88 Member Posts: 5
    See posts 1023 and 1032. Each of us got the vehicle for $800 to $900 under invoice AND the 0.7% financing for 36 months. No reason to expect anything different with 2.9% financing for 60 months.
  • uo2b4x4nuo2b4x4n Member Posts: 5
    ok wifes car and 2.5 does sound better than 2.4 THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP...Re the batteries just repeating what the sales person said.
  • raccynraccyn Member Posts: 1
    Here's my experience. I did the same as one of the posters above. I contacted all the dealers in my area and started them bidding against each other. Ended up with what I thought was a good deal on the last day of the month of May.

2.5S CVT.................MSRP $20,300
    Destination..............MSRP $625
    Spoiler..................MSRP $370
    ABS......................MSRP $300
    Floor/Trunk Mats.........MSRP $175
    Splash Guards............MSRP $135
    Sunroof Wind Deflector...MSRP $100
    Fog Lamps................MSRP $310
    SL Package...............MSRP $3,850
    Aluminum Kickplates......MSRP $170
    Technology Package.......MSRP $3,200

Total $29,535

I made an offer of 26,200 which they accepted. I also had a trade in with a maximum blue book value of $2000 which I negotiated to get full value. I also asked for and received a leather nose mask for free. Retail value anywhere from $110 - $375. --WARNING-- I price quoted these nose masks from several different dealers. All of which quoted me a different price. While at the dealership, I asked why the prices vary so much for the mask. I was told that the dealer can charge whatever they want for accessories. There is no set price. So yeah, they can dip deeper into your pocket without you knowing the difference.

Bottom Line
    Paid...........$26,200
    Dealer Fee.....$599.95
    Trade in.......$2000
    Nose Mask......$Free
    Total..........$24,799.95
    With taxes etc. OTD Price $26,436
  • avi3avi3 Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy a 2007 Altima 2.5S CVT + Splash guard + Floor mats and the best quotation I have received till now is $19250 + 250 (documentation fees) + 25.5 (Title) + Tax. Is it a good price?

Is there any dealer in cleveland area which offers a better price. Would appreciate any leads on this matter.
  • kc571kc571 Member Posts: 6
    I've read about suspension differences, but why should I save money and get a 2.5? I love the power of the 3.5, and haven't driven the 2.5 to compare. If I do test drive the 2.5, what should I look for?

thx
  • noles200noles200 Member Posts: 49
    Don't know if carsdirect.com is different based on zip code (I'm in NJ) but thier price with your options is $19,107. I don't think there is a doc fee with them (but not sure).
    I checked up carsdirect price and with these options it gives a invoice price of $19900 and target price of $20000. In my case dealers have quoted 19250 + 250 doc fees =19500, which is still 490 less than cars direct's invoice value.

I had seen that some of the people in this forum had bought the car with these options at somewhere around 18500 or so.
  • noles200noles200 Member Posts: 49
    My bad. Didn't add the CVT.
  • mjs5mjs5 Member Posts: 4
    or perhaps even 2. Both my kids looking for their first car and both considering an Altima. Ive been reading a lot of posts and seem to see some saying less then invoice, others saying invoice plus 3-5%.
    First daughter looking at 2007 2.5 with SL,Connection pkg and a few other things with sticker around 25,500 or so.
    Second looking at 2007 2.5S with NO SL or Connection but with convenience package. MSRP around 22,500
    What realistically can I expect them to be paying or should they be paying.
    One last question. There is a demo 2007 2.5 with 5,000 miles on it. Meets the requierements of daughter #2 above..no SL but has the Convenience package, ABS etc with original sticker of 22,450. Is a demo a good thing to consdier and at what price? Thanks to all in advance from a dad trying to help out his kids with their first car purchase.
  • elena77elena77 Member Posts: 6
    I just got a new 2007 Altima 2.5 S (CVT)

$18,311 - Base price
    $1866 - Convenience package plus (w/ moon roof)
    $625 - Destination change
    $260 - Anti-Lock Braking System
    $132 - Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks
    $106 - Splash guards

total of $21,300

Invoice price $22,026
    MSRP $23,635
    Could you let me know the dealer name and location from where you bought this car.
  • da763da763 Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking to buy a 2007 Altima 3.5SE w/6-speed manual transmission and premium and sport packages. Does anyone have any recent experiences and price points that they can share? I'd be interested in names of dealers and specific prices.

Thanks
  • elena77elena77 Member Posts: 6
    I bought it in NJ. But you can actually go to any dealer and get the same thing.

I have one suggestion though - do not go to the dealership but e-mail them instead. Try to get a price quote from them in written form. Bargain over the e-mail
    based on seeing a little bit of info here I contacted carsdirect.com. Anyone have personal experience using them. Any insights or thoughts about where it goes from here is appreciated. Im a novice so any help is good. Do you show their price to a dealer and maybe negotiate from there??? Thx in advance.
  • ncnissanncnissan Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get a Altima 2.5S with the Connection Package, I have been told to get the Connection package, which includes the Bluetooth capability that the SL package has to be included as well.
    Is there truth to this, and if I am looking for a 2.5S Winter Frost 4cyl. what are the competitive prices on the market OTD?

Thanks
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know when the 08 Altima Sedan 2.5 will arrive at the dealers?

MSN is pricing MSRP on their website.

It appears the 08 will have ABS standard on the sedan according to MSN website.

It appears the major options are all or nothing if msn posting is correct.

The major option packages are below:

1) Convenience Package ($1300)

2) Premium Package ($5100)

3) Technology Package ($2000)
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    Are you sure about that? at that price, the dealership actually sold you the car for less than they paid for it. Or are they going out of business or something?
  • gsaurabh001gsaurabh001 Member Posts: 1
    MODEL & OPTIONS MSRP INVOICE
    2007 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5S $ 20,300.00 $ 19,037.00
    Super Black, Blond

Splash Guards $ 135.00 $ 106.00
    SL Package $ 3,850.00 $ 3,501.00
    Connection W/XM $ 1,200.00 $ 1,041.00
    Anti-Lock Brakes $ 300.00 $ 260.00
    Floor Mats With Hooks $ 175.00 $ 132.00

Freight $ 625.00 $ 625.00

Total $ 26,585.00 $ 24,702.00

Got ours for 24100 + TTT
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I think you look at the 2008 coupe.
  • pghaltimapghaltima Member Posts: 19
    i got the 2.5SL back in march for 23,000 + tax without the connection package. I think they had one with xm for 24,650. I think you got a great deal.
    You are right the packages are for a 08 Coupe ... scrolling down in the description it states 2 doors but the picture posted on top of the description is a 4 door sedan.

link title

Thanks
  • xiaoghxiaogh Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I am very interested in buying a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S and went to the dealer yesterday for a test drive. The dealer gave us the prices as follows:
    1. Basic model OTD: $20,924
    2. 1 + Electric Seat and Auto Lights OTD: $21,764
    3. 2 + Moonroof + Alloy wheel OTD: $23,324
    Financing is 0.7% for 36 months.

Can anyone tell me if these are good price or not? I am in MA. This is the first time I am going to buy a new car, so I am extremely lack of negotiation experiences. If any can share his buying experience with me I will really appreciate it!

Thanks!
    I just bought 2 new Altima's, or rather helped my 2 daughters each buy one last week.
    Automatic, SL package,ABS brakes, Floor mats/carpet and splash guards. We got a price of 23000 for each. One added a spoiler to be dealer installed. They wanted 475 for it to be installed we got it for the 270 invoice price.
    The 23000 was under invoice but I dont remember exactly how far under right now. The sticker was 25,535 I believe. So we were ahppy with the deal. They each got the 2.9 financing as well
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    could u tell me what dealer? could u please place the brake down incl. taxes doc fees. etc. was there a trade in, did u finace? how much?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    5000-6000 off MSRP is about what you want on the Altima. This is without considering favorable financing. Check out my message 14394 for useful resources to learn how to buy a car.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Hi all,
    I am very interested in buying a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S and went to the dealer yesterday for a test drive. The dealer gave us the prices as follows:
    1. Basic model OTD: $20,924
    2. 1 + Electric Seat and Auto Lights OTD: $21,764
    3. 2 + Moonroof + Alloy wheel OTD: $23,324
    Financing is 0.7% for 36 months.

Can anyone tell me if these are good price or not? I am in MA. This is the first time I am going to buy a new car, so I am extremely lack of negotiation experiences. If any can share his buying experience with me I will really appreciate
    it!

Thanks!
  • movistarmovistar Member Posts: 22
    This is the deal I'm being offered
    07 Altima NAV, Leather Technology package, fog lights

$33,005 MSRP
    $30,000 selling price
    36 month 12k per year
    .00214 money factor
    .59% residual
    $250 doc fee
    $467 down
    $467 per month
    can I do better?
  • spence369spence369 Member Posts: 1
    Hey! I have been researching the 2008 Altima Coupe for a while now and went to see one at the dealer today. Everything that I know has led me to fall in love with this car! Have you liked the car so far? Anything not up to your expectations? :)
  • slblckslblck Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking for a 2.5SL, black with charcoal interior
    with (1) SL package (2) Connection package.
    How difficult is it to find this car. I checked 6 dealers, even paid advance to two of them, but they cannot get the car.
    I am going to get the advance back from the second dealer also.

One dealer said he has to order it from the factory and it will take 2 months. I am in NJ.

Has anybody in this forum bought a similar car ?

Kindly let me know.
    Thanks.
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    I'm not a money genius, but I'm paying $600/month for a loaded-to-the-gills Infiniti M35 Sport --- $53K MSRP --- so $467 for a $33K Altima strikes me as high. My lease is up this time next year and the Altima you're describing is high on my list of step-downs for the next car ... but not at that price. From what I've seen on this thread the Altima can be bought for ~ $30K and that's $600/month over five years PURCHASED at the end of which you own the dang thing. Bart in toasty AZ (109 today; dry heat!) :shades:
  • leezee3leezee3 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday bought 2.5 S with Silver ext and Charcoal Int. with SL package, Connection package with XM, ABS, Splash guards, Floor and trunk mats with hooks. Total invoice was
    $ 24643. paid $24000 plus tax, tags and documentation fee
    I live in MD (Sales tax 5%)
  • stevencatystevencaty Member Posts: 11
    Hi all
    I have been looking for Altima 3.5SL for couple weeks, and I have had read this forum, did anybody buy the Altima 3.5SL with out NAV and how much you pay for that, thank
  • cbuyer1cbuyer1 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2007 altima. I would like any info on actual pricing paid by anyone in the memphis tn tri state area. please include car options/packages and the dealership. thanks, rodgers
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Steven: I am looking for the same thing a 3.5Sl without the nav, looked at 6 or so dealer inventories in the Philly area and not one without the NAV. If you really want one you might have to special order from the factory, although on another board here a nissan salesmen indicates that they do ship them. Too bad that in the part of the country we are looking in dealers do not seem to stock them.
    Perhaps when the 08 accord finally arrives Nissan will get
    a little more customer friendly with their option packages.
    Old Mike
  • jcookjcook Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to buy a 2.5S with the SL package in Indianapolis, and the best I have gotten so far is $500 below MSRP. On a $25,385 MSRP, the offer I recieved was $24,885+tax. There are not that many to be found in the area, what should I get for a deal?

I am also looking to lease and was offered 57% residual with 0.00214 money factor, how does this measure up.
    Josh
  • kkj1961kkj1961 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a 2.5S with SL and connection (XM) packages. MSRP is $26,585, invoice $24,702. Best offer I've received so far is $25,152. So $450 over invoice.
  • altimachickaltimachick Member Posts: 7
    I was wondering if anyone has bought a 2.5 with navi? IF so would you share what you paid for it? I am looking to by one within the month. Thanks in advance, Jessica
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    "5000-6000 off MSRP is about what you want on the Altima. This is without considering favorable financing. Check out my message 14394 for useful resources to learn how to buy a car.

Good Luck
    --jjf
    "

Are you alright $5000 - $6000 off msrp. You know the only rebate is $500 for college grad?
  • kkj1961kkj1961 Member Posts: 3
    Heard they are hard to find. Not even many 2.5's with the SL and connection package around me. Looks like Nissan thought everyone that didn't want a base model would go with the V6. Good luck with your search though. Hope you get a good price.
  • altimachickaltimachick Member Posts: 7
    A local dealership here (I live in Ks) has one, and MSRP is 28,000 and some change.... But I am going to be buying in the next few weeks, and who knows if they will still have it...
    Could not find your message # 14394.

How do you propose to get dealers to sell the altime for $5-$6k off of MSRP?
    That message is in the Accord prices paid section. Sorry. Email 20 or so dealers end of the month (or now before july 4-5). Tell them in your email you are contacting 20 dealers for their best shot on your altima (MSRP range model and 2+ color choices) and will buy in the next 4 days. Give the top 5 your cell# and go from there. Work with the sales mgr from the cell. See who breaks within 100 or so miles from your home. Get all prices OTD with Price, all fees and tax included.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Could not find your message # 14394.

I will get 2 if you can find a new 2.5S Auto Altima for 15K + TTL. That's about 6K off from MSRP. :P
    Yeah sign me up for the 2007 Altima for $15,000 +t,t,l,...

Just for the record even if you are looking at a fully loaded Nav 3.5 se, You will not get $5000 off msrp. Do you really believe there is 25% mark up in these vehicles. I would believe the person who thinks they can get $5000 - $6000 off MSRP probably drives a Honda :shades:
    Last August we bought one (21500 msrp) for 5500 off MSRP. It was not the best deal. Things may have changed but I doubt it. Solicit bids from 20 vendors via email and see how the bidding goes before July 9.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I will get 2 if you can find a new 2.5S Auto Altima for 15K + TTL. That's about 6K off from MSRP
  • wendyhukwendyhuk Member Posts: 4
    Hi I just had a real bad experience on Long Island at a dealership while I was trying to purchase a 2007 Altima 2.5S...Anyway I walked out on the deal and went elsewhere. I wondered if I got a good deal
    Nissan Altima 2.5 S with Convenience Package, Floor Mats, Splash Gaurds, ABS. for $20,600 Trade-in of $4300 downpayment $2000 at Financed the rest at 2.9% :confuse: I would be interested in what you think?
    wendy if your getting a convienance pkg and ABS for $20600 you are getting a good deal. It sounds like you had a bad experience and the dealer might have recognised thta and gave you a good deal on the Altima... :)

$4300 for your trade... well the only way to know thta it is to know what your tradeing??

2.9% financing would be the best rate 60 months, .7% for 36 months is available if that payment works for you.
    Last August we bought one (21500 msrp) for 5500 off MSRP. It was not the best deal. Things may have changed but I doubt it. Solicit bids from 20 vendors via email and see how the bidding goes before July 9.

I think you might be talking about the left over '06 before the re-design came out.

If you're talking about '06, you might be able to get that last Aug. cuz it had 2.5K incentive.

However, it's not true for '07. It's almost the same as people can get an Accord really cheap now cuz the new design is coming out soon.
    Last August we bought one (21500 msrp) for 5500 off MSRP. It was not the best deal.

J it if you bought last August it sounds like you might have bought a engine car. engine car means that you bought a car that oil rings changed out. Last year some of the altima that were built had a oil consumption problem. Nissan found it the problem and corrected it but put a adittional $1000 rebate on top of a $1500 rebate + $500 for college grad. If you recieved all of those rebates and a discount of $2500 to recieve a total of $5500 off you got a exellent deal...

Like i said before there is only a $500 rebate. Mark up is 7% Hold back is 2% And hold back is designed for floor plans not that effects you but thats is a dealer decision to share that depending on how long they had that car in inventory :shades:
  • budcans1budcans1 Member Posts: 2
    picked up my SUPER BLACK/CHARCOAL LEATHER 2.5 SL WITH CONNECTION PACKAGE, MATS, MOONROOF ETC FOR $24390 + TTL IN NEW JERSEY.
    like someone else here, i put a deposit down at another dealer and they couldnt locate. call several others and one nearby got it first. even called a few up in mass and in ny. nobody had one nor could they locate one. got my deposit back from first dealer and bought it from the dealer who actually got the car. i couldnt believe how long it took a dealer to locate this car. i am happy i was patient and absolutly love it!
  • wendyhukwendyhuk Member Posts: 4
    I'M ABOUT TO PICK UP A NEW CAR ON LONG ISLAND. I'VE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT IT HAS 138 MILES ON THE CLOCK. IS THIS OK? :confuse: