Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rajunksrajunks Member Posts: 13
    I am torn between an 07 Altima 2.5S (no other upgrade) for 19055 OTD and an 08 Camry LE AT for 19100 OTD.
    I am confused! First off, are these good deals? Second, which one is better? Thanks much!
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    are these good deals?
    YES

which one is better?
    Which one do you like? The Altima is better than Camry, IMO.
  • Options
    leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    Altima is better.

I use to own Altima and swiched to Camry recently.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who purchased a car recently instead of waiting, fearing that prices may rise as the dollar weakens. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 1, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
  • Options
    eb2eb2 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a brand new 2007 Altima 3.5 SE for 19,800! The price did not include sales tax but it did include title and license.

Now is a good time to buy becuase alot of dealerships are trying to move their 2007 models before the end of the fiscal year.
  • Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    What state and what dealership?
  • Options
    I live in Washington but I contacted about 19 different dealerships throughout Washington and Oregon. I got my deal at a dealership near Portland, Oregon. They told me it would be $5500 off of MSRP. It was about 150 mile drive and I thought they were jerking me around. They weren't. If anyone is interested in more info, send me an email and I can give you all the details. It looked like they had at least 5 or 6 more last night. Mine is a base SE model.
  • Options
    Finally pulled the trigger on an 08 Camry LE Auto (no options) with 5 miles on it

MSRP = 21735
    Price Paid = 18357.77 (yes it is 2008)
    Total OTD = 19102 for VA where tax = 3.17%
  • Options
    arim416arim416 Member Posts: 2
    I have to say this is a pretty good deal already.
    I haggled with the sales guy on friday night and the best they gave me is 19400+LLT with basic plus+CVT+convenience pkg, which would run about 22000 OTD
    If they had given me the same offer as yours...i am already driving my altima. but it was 2000 out of my budget, so, i guess i have to try it without the conv. pkg or go for mazda6. sigh...i love the new altima
  • Options
    mail356mail356 Member Posts: 1
    Hello rajunks,
    could you please share details on which dealer/salesman in VA offered you that price on Altima 2.5S?

How much dealership fee did you have to pay?

my Email is mail356@mail.ru

Thanks!
  • Options
    Dealer: Browns Nissan of Sterling
    Internet Director: Claude Bukasa offered that price - say that you want the same deal as Raj Kumar
  • Options
    greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    I just bought a brand new 2007 Altima 3.5 SE for 19,800! The price did not include sales tax but it did include title and license.

Sorry but I don't believe you bought a brand new 3.5 se for $19800. You are suggesting that you got over $5500 off. Or really $4500 off with a $1000 rebate.

Was the car you bought Brand new or used? If it was new I would suggests to find out when it's first in-service date was. Which means it will tell you when your warranty starts. I would call a differant dealer's service dept and ask when your first in service date was. If it doesn't match what your paper work states than you'll know you have a problem. The dealer could have reported the car sold previously a month or a few months before to hit a objective set by Nissan. If you got your price at $19800 That would mean that the dealer lost $2000 to sell a vehicle. Unless you did not include a trade you are making things up. Even if you were a recent college grad I don't see any dealer loosing $1500. Let's just say you did get that price. Maybe they made it up on the back end with Finace, warranty, resist all, remote starter, lo jack.

Or like I said earlier they could have already reported your car sold and you warranty is already started.

Good luck and congratulations. It is definately one of teh best cars on the market.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    I dont completely agree with you.
    Lets assume he paid cash and didnt get burnt with a high interest rate or a sucker lease with a huge marked up MF...
    Just because that individual car was sold below the dealers invoice does not mean they "lost 2000" on it. The incentive for the dealer to move that car off the lot may have been greater than the individual price of that vehicle. Perhaps getting rid of his 2007s allows him to get more fast moving 2008s with a higher profit margin which will mean his bottom line will be greater? Who knows? What is the dealers cost to keep that car sitting around?
    If you think the dealership is losing money because it clears out some old inventory below cost(at least your version of cost), you are naive.
  • Options
    I called the fleet manager on 9/28 and he told me that he had several 2007 Altima SEs at $5500 below MSRP. I drove there that night to get the deal. I went to the dealership and he gave me the deal without adding on a bunch of additional costs. I originally planned to finance at the 1.9% for 3 years but I would have lost the $1000 cash back and the cost to carry full coverage was really high. I wrote the dealership a check for $19823. I did not finance any part of the purchase. The cost included tags and title. I bought it in Oregon so I did not pay sales tax. I will have to pay sales tax in Washington state. I got the base model. There were no extras like resist all, remote starter, or lo jack. It did not even come with the emergency kit that most of the dealerships include. They offered me a 7 year or 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for $2200 but I decided to pass on it. I am not a recent college graduate or in any branch of the military. I did not have a trade in. I think that the fleet manager wanted to clear the 2007s off of the lot before the end of the fiscal year. Even if they lost money on the vehicle, some dealerships may need to slash prices to meet sales quotas and others may get bonuses if they sell more vehicles than other dealerships.

I will look into the first in service date issue in the morning. Thank you for the heads up. Hopefully there isn't a problem. I checked the Better Business Bureau before I went to the dealership and there were not any complaints against the dealership.
  • Options
    I dont completely agree with you.

Thats fine you don't know what you are talking about.

On the idea of loosing $2000. You are wrong about that too.
    Only speaking from experience since I sell Nissans. The dealer lost $2000 after hold back, never mind invoice. If you want to talk about invoice the dealer lost $2600 from invoice. He is in a differant market but I think it would be dumb for a dealer to loose that much to meet objectives. Believe me I know how they work.

Eb2 congratulations.... I hope your warranty hasn't been started yet it is possible that it hasn't been. But just to let you know the dealer did really loose $2000 to sell you a car. To me it doesn't make sense you will not service it there. I wouldn't of done it.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    I called another dealership today and they said that the first in service date was 9/28/07, the date of purchase. They also told me that there are two recalls on the car - one for the seatbelts and another for the FOB. The dealer that I bought it from did mention that they are going to be sending new FOBs but they did not mention the recall for the seatbelts.

Anyway I don't know how the dealer was able to offer the vehicles at $5500 below MSRP but I'm happy that I got mine at that price. It was definately the best price that I found in the state of Washington or Oregon.
  • Options
    It was definately the best price that I found in the state of Washington or Oregon.

If there is a warranty on the FOB that would make me think the vehicle could have been there since last spring when the recall came out. The first Altima's had a problem with cell phones. If the cell phone rang and it was in contact with FOB it could offset the transmitter in the FOB to work with the car. I assume that is what they were talking about. When it came out Nissan said they would have a recall in the fall. They were supposed to correct that problem on the newer models.

Seatbelt recall is new to me.

That being the case that the vehicle might have been there for over 6 - 8 months Than maybe I could see that discount. Here on the east coast we can't keep them on lots.
  • Options
    That being the case that the vehicle might have been there for over 6 - 8 months Than maybe I could see that discount. Here on the east coast we can't keep them on lots.

So now you concede its possible?
    It seems you are intent on raining on his parade!
    As unlikely as his deal may seem to you, it appears his car was just as I speculated ... Sitting around for a long time.
    BTW there are plenty of 2007s available on Long Island and this is as strong a market as there is.
    Could you tell me the October MF and Residual for a 2007 3.5 SE? 24 and 36 with 15000 per....
    Thanks!
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    hell, i'm not a salesperson or dealer, but I think it sounds kinda silly. I mean, why take that kind of loss when you could even ship it off to another dealer and maybe break even? Or at least take a much smaller loss?

But is it possible? Sure. anything is possible. There is a sucker born every minute, and 1 of them very well may own a Nissan dealership.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    What is vehicle manufacture date? There should be a sticker on the drivers door jamb.
  • Options
    I dont know why I feel the need to defend this guys sale, because I too am skeptical, BUT is it really that crazy? We are talking a BASE 2007 3.5 with the manual. How long would you keep that car on the lot with 2008s coming in? Last few months the Honda dealers were practically giving 2007 Accords away so there is plenty of pressure from the competition..Base 2007 Camrys are also in this price range. SO for a West Coast dealership with a Base 3.5 thats been sitting around since before the Summer is it so crazy?
    Are we sure this car isnt a Demo??
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    i'm just going by the numbers stated here and applying my own business sense (as if I had any). Like I said, anything is possible. the poster may be totally on the up and up. I'm simply stating, if so and if there were no hidden incentives, if it wasn't a loaner, if it hadn't been damaged and repaired, then the GM of that dealership is a really bad business person.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    > Last few months the Honda dealers were practically giving 2007 Accords away so there is plenty of pressure from the competition

I can see why when I see the new 2008 Accords on the TV ads. Much nicer styling. Goodbye 2007.
  • Options
    Checked the sticker and it says 10/06. That probably explains why it was the cheapest one I could find in Washington or Oregon. I don't mind though. I'm happy with the price I paid, even if it is one of the earliest 2007s manufactured.
  • Options
    acousticdankacousticdank Member Posts: 4
    2.5S 6speed Super black
    Floor mats without hooks
    Fog lights
    Premium Package
    Moonroof wind deflector

Invoice: 24,779
    MSRP: 26,885

With vpp, out the door price is $26,812.

The dealer is doing a trade with another dealer but some other guy is supposed to come in on Monday or Tuesday and buy it. If he doesn't, then it's mine. They didn't take it off the search list so I'm guessing they don't have a lot of faith in the guy.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Checked the sticker and it says 10/06.

Wow, 10/06? I don't mean to scare you but the car might even got damages during transit and waiting for its part for the last 6 months or so. I don't see why the dealers would want to keep a car that long on their lot.
  • Options
    Wow, 10/06? I don't mean to scare you but the car might even got damages during transit and waiting for its part for the last 6 months or so. I don't see why the dealers would want to keep a car that long on their lot.

If the born on date so to say is 10/06 than I could understand why they gave that discount. We are not having a problem getting rid of them up here in the North East.
  • Options
    sadatxsadatx Member Posts: 70
    Team,

What are people paying for their 08s nowadays (I'm in the midwest)? I'm looking for an 08 with an automatic and the convenience package. Should I be shooting for invoice? Are people doing better?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tylerwm94tylerwm94 Member Posts: 26
    2.5 automatic with SL package
    Majestic Blue
    Connection Package
    floor mats
    aluminum kick plates
    splash guards
    moonroof wind deflector

Invoice $24734
    MSRP $26421

Price Paid $24883
    Tax (3%) $747
    Tag/Title $73
    Doc Fee $398

OTD price $26100

I didn't really want the moonroof deflector or kick plates, but it was the only one available on the east coast with the Connection package in blue. They had to truck it from Florida to North Carolina so I felt like $150 over invoice was a decent deal.

I've had the car for 3 days and I absolutely love it so far.
  • Options
    fallsguyfallsguy Member Posts: 5
    I used VPP to get:

2.5S automatic
    Precision Grey
    floor mats
    aluminum kick plates
    splash guards
    emergency & First aid kit

MSRP $21,825

Price Paid $20,000
    Tax (6.75%) $1,350
    Tag/Title $58
    Doc Fee $158
    VIN Etching $250

OTD price $21,816

I was pretty happy with the deal overall, but the dealer springs the VIN Etching charge on you (it is hard coded on the sales contract) at the last minute, then tries to justify as coming back to you in discounts from your auto insurance carrier. I am in west suburban Chicago, as is the dealer. Overall, the 2.5S has good pickup , is comfortable and has decent gas mileage. Pretty good value
  • Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    I know about the VIN etching too (except mine was a bit cheaper.. ;))! It's standard on the purchase order where I bought my 08 Altima 2.5S too. They gave me the same line about saving on insurance....a check with my insurance company proved otherwise - won't save me a dime!

Still, got a good deal (at invoice) and love the car. So glad I got the 4 cyl instead of the V6...quiet yet powerful and expect great gas mileage.
  • Options
    hatetoshophatetoshop Member Posts: 2
    Wow! What's the dealer's name? ASAP - I'm without transportation!
    I'd come out way ahead by going to San Antonio. I love that city anyway. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Ancira Nissan off I-10. Bear in mind, it was the last day of the month and as a USAA member I was initially offered $400 over invoice. Test drove, showed a real interest (I was ready to buy if trade in went well, etc) and they knocked another $400 off. Probably could have gone a bit lower but was happy I found the car/color I wanted.

A very pleasant buying experience after getting jerked around by other dealers in the area. As a bonus, got a 7" personal DVD player (special that day) and some maint perks.

Good Luck!

PS Also check out Gunn Nissan on 281 just north of the airport. They have "1 Simple Price" - no haggling. Their prices were $1501 off MSRP which basically was only $100 or so over invoice on my spec'd car. Just didn't have the color/package I was looking for at the time
  • Options
    hatetoshophatetoshop Member Posts: 2
    Really appreciate your speedy response. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • Options
    sadatxsadatx Member Posts: 70
    I just purchased a 2008 Radiant Silver with black interior with the following specs in the Chicagoland area:

convenience package
    CVT
    splash guards

MSRP - $22,390
    Price Paid - $20,300
    Tax 7% - $1,426.84
    Plates and ERT - $168
    Doc - $58.48
    County Flat - $15
    Total - $21,968.32

Also got the floor mats thrown into the deal. So far, so good.

Hope this helps someone out :)
  • Options
    acousticdankacousticdank Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 3.5 SE Coupe with Manual Trans. black on black

I have vpp though, which gave me a price of 23809.13 with just kick plates and floor mats.

OTD with 6% tax was 25453.48
  • Options
    hjd17hjd17 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 3.5se fully loaded with premium, and tech package for $28787. The only thing i didnt get is a good deal on the rate got 6.2%. Anybody know where i can get something less? Trying to apply at credit unions.
  • Options
    knhicksknhicks Member Posts: 4
    So i originally went to buy a used Altima, and ended up with an 08. I walked out of the dealership thinking I got a good deal. I originally walked out b/c the 1st offer was ridiculous. Then the team leader came out, and started playing with numbers. (mind you I never actually saw the sticker) I was looking at a piece of paper he was drawing numbers up on. He told me he "blessed" me, and he couldn't go lower, that this was the best price. The actual car price was 26033 (the original sticker says 26505, but the computer figures started at 29000) w/TTL price was 27878 ( i live in houston, harris county). I put 1500 down, plus 500 recent grad bonus, and then ended up getting extended service contract and maintenance. I financed 27647 @2.9 for 60 months. I feel like I got screwed......anyone have any comments? Definitely not the "DEAL" i was "Blessed" with.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter with a large newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who are looking to purchase a new midsize vehicle. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, October 18, 2007 with your daytime contact info. along with what car (or cars) you are considering purchasing.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    See Post #1270...I posted my price on an 2.5SL w/ Connection package. I'm not sure from your post if you bought a 2.5 or 3.5.
  • Options
    jat12jat12 Member Posts: 10
    I am about to lease a 2008 Altima in white/blonde with the technology package included. With my VPP and student discount I was quoted with 3055 down and 253 a month for 24 months and 12k miles. Is this a good deal? I think that with both discounts and such a high downpayment I should have a lower number.... Please share your thoughts.
  • Options
    I don't consider 6.2% a "good" rate! It's OK but most credit unions around here seem to be under 5% for folks with "good" credit.

You must deal with a lot of folks with bad credit if the ave is almost 9%!!
  • Options
    I take it you didn't qualify for the 1.9-2.9% financing? That is one sweet incentive and would def help the monthly payments.

Check with CUs but you're likely to have the same problem, I guess. Like greenpea said, maybe 6.2% is a "good" rate in your case then...
  • Options
    knhicksknhicks Member Posts: 4
    2.5 SL w/connection...sorry I didn't clarify. I did end up buying the extended warranty and the maintenance.....but i still feel like maybe I didn't get such a deal.
  • Options
    I take it you didn't qualify for the 1.9-2.9% financing? That is one sweet incentive and would def help the monthly payments.

A lot of times people are paying the car off early. So they ussualy have exellent credit. They end up taking the rebate if they are paying it off early.
  • Options
    If you financed $27647 plus put $1500 down and got a $500 rebate, that would mean your OTD price was $29647. I was offered a extended warranty/maintenance pkg for $1500, but only got the extended warranty for $750 (7yr/100K) -- and I probably overpaid for that. It does seem like maybe you didn't get a great deal, but it is hard to tell without seeing the breakdown of numbers. I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOVE my Altima so far so as long as you're happy...
  • Options
    Like me! I had no rebate but got a great deal AND took the 2.9% financing. But in his situation (I could be wrong) I don't think that's the case because everyone qualifies for 1.9-2.9% rate when you buy a 2008 Altima (unless, I suppose, you do NOT have good credit). Only rebate I see now (eff 2 Oct) is $500 for a college grad and to get it you have to finance with Nissan...ie 1.9-2.9%!! Somehow I think the lower interest rate is a better deal here; if you qualify.
  • Options
    Yeah I jave to agree with you on the incentive for the 2008's You have a great vehicle enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    firehaz1firehaz1 Member Posts: 16
    Just left dealer with '08 Altima SL with tech, spoiler, (paint sealant..hunh) everything as far as I know.

MSRP: 33,145

Dealer first offered 32,145...almost laughed. Heard usual we just got them in, plenty of '07's left.

Final price: 30,495
    Invoice: 30,006

Plus 2.9% for 60 months.
    It looks good to me. What do you think guys?
  • Options
    score444score444 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. I am looking to lease either a 2.5 SL Altima or a 3.5 SL Altima. With both, I would like to include the technology package, the connection package, rear spoiler and fog lights. Does anyone have a similar car? What are your lease payments like? Thanks in advance.