Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thereal411thereal411 Member Posts: 16
    I see all these tent event ads, however the pricing and incentives appear to be the same or worse than what they've been over the past few months. Can anyone elaborate?
  • trolleyfantrolleyfan Member Posts: 7
    Your looking at purchasing a car at a time when car sales are normally their best. Between the income tax refunds and now the stimulus checks coming in, the dealers are counting on this as a lure for folks to think about getting that new car, especially if it gets good mpg.

I bought mine in March, which is one of the worst months for car sales, not to mention the last month of Nissan's fiscal year. I'd hold off buying a car for the next few months unless I had to. One thing you can do is go to Nissan's website. If you know the car you want and the options, check out the inventory at the various dealerships in your area and see who has the largest inventory of that model. You might find them hungrier to make a better deal in order to sell a car and get one off their lot.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I am also looking in to sl car altima 2008 for my dad any Peapol bye one in the Long Island new york aria. Or Upstate New York also or at fits mall that is a good dealer ship from what I have bin Hearing from everyone Thankyou so mutch Marco. sory about my spelling Thankyou
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    "Just pick up my Altima 2.5 SL with connection pkg for 23,200, in Minneapolis. 3.9% for 60 mths."

So the MSRP was 26,480. What went in to getting the 23,200 number?
  • desiboy123desiboy123 Member Posts: 8
    So what prices are being offered during this weekend? I heard Nissan is offering $500 cash back over the existing cash back for this weekend - anybody else heard about it?
    Yes, all dealers are advertising 4 days of additional 500 back on the Altima. Over any quote previously recieved. I lined up a deal for 22800 2.5SL+Connection. I have to pay bit to get it driven here (160 miles), but not too bad overall.

25250 OTD in Washingtin (9.3% tax)
    Okay, so a tiny bit more than I estimated..

25297.48 OTD (TTL w/ 9.3% tax) on a 08 2.5 S + SL + connection + floor mats, splash and first aid kit. This with the 3.9% financing (would have been 250 less as a cash deal).

So the vehicle price is somewhere around or below 23k, I'll post the specifics when I go pick it up tomorrow.
  • sbb4thsbb4th Member Posts: 6
    Just bought the 2008 2.5 S Altima with CVT transmission. $23000+ sticker. Paid $18795 and they gave a $1000 more in trade for my truck than anyone else. Does not include taxes and tags. Also got 3.9% financing with Nissan.
    This was in the Richmond Va area. Salesperson wasn't pushy and let me make up my mind. All in all a good buying experience.
    So I picked up the car yesterday.

MSRP 26,605
    Car was 24542.00 (2.5 SL + Connection, floor mats and emergency kit)
    rebate 1750 (1250 + 500 memorial day)

22,792 Price paid for the vehicle.

After Tax (9.3), title, license and doc fees 25283.41

From Younker in Renton, WA. Everyone was friendly and everything was handled over the internet/phone and the trip to pick it up involved about 45 mins at the dealer. Good experience.
  • bonzybonzy Member Posts: 12
    I emailed regional dealers requesting a quote on Altima with SL package w/Connection .

First reply:

MSRP: $26,790.00

Your price: $25,132.00

Rebates: $1,500.00 (including Memorial Day rebate)

Total: $23,532.00 +tax & doc

Hopefully the others will bite soon!
  • lyttonglyttong Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm a newbie both to Edmunds and buying/negotiating for cars. I'm wondering what others have been paying for used 2008 2.5S Altimas. I found one at a local dealer (Austin) for $18,991 with 12k miles (didn't get specifics on the installed options; like I said... noob). But this appears to already be below KBB (though not the TMV estimate) for the comparable 2007 model. What kind of negotiating room can I expect on this?
  • trucker49trucker49 Member Posts: 18
    Without perusing the posts again did I read some of you say Nissan offered an extended warranty of some kind for $900? Is this is so and if it is what kind (bumper to bumper or powertrain) and for how long? Is it factory backed?

Thanks a lot
    You'd really have to know the options before you try to price it out.. If it has convenience pkg thats 2k more @ invoice on a new car.

Based on a brand new 08 w/ convenience pkg MSRP 23590 I would think you could pretty easily get that car for 20,000 with rebates and some light dealing - probably even less. Then that brings up the question of 1100 over the 18991 price for a brand new car?

I wouldn't even look at that car unless they were willing to move the price down 3k. 15991 seems fair for a used 08 (of course depending on packages.)
    Has anyone used discounts offered to Nissan's Business Associates - the VPP? I am looking at one of their plans available to me and have a few questions..

The plan available to me differentiates between a delivery fee and destination charge. Does anyone know what and why is there a "delivery fee"? The plan say that I need to pay a 2.5% delivery fee plus the destination charge which I believe is $600+. Can anyone confirm this?

They also offer a discount over the invoice price (which actually cancels off with the 2.5% delivery fee), so it basically translates to "buy the vehicle at invoice price". People tell me that "invoice price" is a good deal and I should go for it. Wondering if people have successfully been able to negotiate BELOW invoice (before rebates and cash back)?

Lastly, it isn't very clear that packaged options (like the SL package or connection package) will be available at invoice price. I called customer service and they gave me a very vague respone. Does anyone here know if pakaged options are also available at "invoice price"?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    For VPP, I think what you do is you pay cost for everything (invoice, plus invoice pricing on any and all factory installed options), subtract a small discount from Nissan, and add the delivery fee and destination. If you're an employee, Nissan will pay the delivery fee, if you're using "friends and family", you pay half, they pay half, and I guess for your plan you pay the entire fee. However, when I calculated the percentages (I have access to VPP through a friend) I discovered that I could negotiate a deal below VPP. (both in a 2005 purchase and recently) Double check with a Nissan dealer, though. They'll typically be more than happy to run the numbers for you in this case.

I got my Altima below invoice- once you calculated holdback and everything, I paid about $200 below cost.

And also for the used Altima case- you have to check what options it has- the convenience pkg. adds about $800 (invoice) worth of stuff, convenience plus adds $1600ish, I believe, and anything beyond that is an SL. But for almost $19K and with 12,000 miles, I'd rather just spring an extra $2000 or so and get a brand new one, especially with all the Nissan incentives on the Altima right now...
    A lot of times if you bring up the VPP pricing the dealer is going to 'lock' you into that program and say they can't discount it any further than that under contract. Same with the Costco program.. and you can do better without those programs.

With a little internet dealing and on this forum I believe you should have no problem getting a dealer to dip 300-700 below invoice pricing on the vehicle you are looking for.

Anytime you go into the dealership and deal with a salesmonkey you'll have trouble going below invoice. Price out thru the internet, tell a dealer you got a price at invoice and can they match it? When they match it take that price to another dealer who offer's to beat any offer by $250/300/etc. Make sure you are getting quotes for an OTD price, otherwise they may beat an offer by 250 but add a rediculous 299 doc fee It is harder to get OTD prices from dealers since it leaves them very little room to screw you on the backside, you may have to pick up a phone to get the true OTD price.

Try this "If you can get me a firm OTD price in writing I'll put a $500 deposit on the vehicle right now" -- Once they say they've sent it tell them you have to hang up to check your email, call back only if you are making the deal with that dealership.
    I agree that the strategy is to not mention that you have VPP- when I asked about it with an out of state Infiniti dealer, they wouldn't go below that price, but with my local dealer, I didn't mention it, and got a deal far below invoice.

What I typically do is ask for a price AND ask for their doc fee as well. I had one dealer say that their doc fee was $600 and they couldn't go below invoice- $21K. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them. (I ended up buying from the dealer that advertised themselves as "the home of the 0 doc fee")

But, in the Altima case, it should be pretty easy to negotiate a price $300-$1000 below invoice, depending on model, before any and all incentives are applied.
  • lynnc1lynnc1 Member Posts: 1
    Need some help......we are looking at a 2008 Altima S with SL convenience package, leather, sunroof, power everything, heated seats, etc. with 5800 miles (purchased in Sept. 07 by seller)....I can't find any bluebook information on this year of vehicle. The seller is asking for $21950. Sounds fair enough or is it (not sure about depreciation, etc.)? Not really sure how much to offer - anyone have any ideas? We had looked at a 2008 S this past weekend at the dealer and the best price we got was $18,490 (after all incentives, etc.), but this one is loaded out with many more options. Any help would be great.
  • karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    I got the same car brand new with the connection pkg for just over $23,000 after 1K rebate. So the same car without the connection pkg brand new should run a little over 22K after rebate. I would go new and not used. Go to the dealership and see what you can get for a new one.
  • lyttonglyttong Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input, thereal and jchan2. I appreciate the help.
  • spocpmspocpm Member Posts: 6
    I will be picking up a New 2008 Altima with SL package in a couple of days for $21,800 plus tax and registration. The 1,000 rebate was applied to this amount. I recommend that you shop around and buy a new one.
  • mandi78mandi78 Member Posts: 2
    I was recently quoted by the internet manager at a Nissan Dealer on the following '08 Altima SL/Connection package for just over $21,000 after rebate. It is a fantastic price and I am ready to purchase, but the car is at a dealership in NJ and I am in CT. I am wondering what extra fees, if any there will be for purchasing tis car out of state?
  • meiermeier Member Posts: 2
    '08 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Package, navigation, connection, spoiler, moon roof deflector, kick plates, splash guards, fog lamps for an "out the door" price of $27,370.............good price or not?
    Since we don't know what is included in your "OTD" price it is hard for us to tell.. Here in WA an OTD price includes a 9.3% tax rate, other states it is far less. I paid 25283.41 OTD for one a similar one w/o Nav.. That's with a 9.3% tax rate..

mine broke down like this:
    car: 24542
    doc: 50.00
    TTL: 159.00
    Sales Tax: 2282.41 (9.3%)
    Total: 27033.41
    - 1750 rebate
    OTD price 25283.41

So from that you should be able to do the math.. The Nav is +2k over my deal.

Invoice on the tech pkg is 1,735.. So I'd say you could do better than the deal you have posted. Post the price and disclose your tax rate and we could give you a better idea.
  • nucarsmelnucarsmel Member Posts: 1
    started search for econo cars. I just bought an 08 Altima, my 3rd new car (i'm 56). I'd probably be in a Focus, but the salesman never called back. I was shopping Nissan"s for the Sentra. The dealership ran an "ad car" Altima in the local St. Louis paper,16,500 (after all rebates)w/ after market leather. It's a base stick, mats and splash guards. I love it, except for the base wheels, no driving lights, no sunroof. They always try to switch you, but these can be a great buy. It ended up being 16,602, I (of course) didn't qualify for all rebates, but Nissan just ponied up an extra 500 last weekend for their tent event.
  • ngordonngordon Member Posts: 17
    1 week in with my 08 Altima w/cvt & Convenience Plus package. 39 month lease 12k miles - $1,200 down OTD including first month and under $240/month. Angie at Nissan 22 in Hillside NJ

After reading the forums for pricing and leasing research, I requested quotes from a number of dealers in No. NJ and a couple emails and calls later, Nissan22 quoted a down payment and monthly clearly lower than the other dealers. While I was skeptical, they put the details in an email and they kept to their word when I got there. Got me the car they said at the price they quoted.

So far 30+mpg hwy and about 25 city.
    I would just pick up a new one at that price point; for an extra $500-$1000, you can get a brand new one, in the color you want and with any extra features (or without any extra features) you want.

Go see a Nissan dealer and see what kind of deal you can swing...
  • mitchmillermitchmiller Member Posts: 11
    It took 3 days of going back and forth with the Dealer up here in Maine, But it was well worth it.

The Sticker on my Brand New Pebble Beach, with Blonde interior, CVT automatic with Splash Gaurds and Floor Mat set was $21,615.00. Worked "Em down to $17,615 after all the discounts and Rebates . It was too good to pass up. They even got me a finance rate of 4.49% for 60 months. This is my first Nissan, and the Altima beats any product from G.M. Ford, or Chrysler. I always buy those. Not anymore. This Car Rides Great, and Consumer Reports Gives it en excellent rating in both Quality and Safety.

Mitch
    Does anyone know June incentives yet? Is Nissan going to jump on the gas price bandwagon?
    Hey mitch yes the altima is rated one of the best cars bye consumer reports and edmans.com They are the only tester I trust they take no indorsmants like all of the other bul testing shows on tv and books and online sights. good luck with it you got a verry nice and grate car. this altima is just good as the Honda acorde and camory boath grate cars to but the altima has sum stile. and The new american cars are getting bettor but they are not as good as the [non-permissible content removed] and Now the Coreeans also Hundai and Kia and the Jarmans vw things Like that. You like what you Like. Thanks Marco.
    Nice! congrats on the deal! The price seems great (I don't think I've seen a base Altima dip into the $17K range yet) and the interest rate looks good- congrats on getting a great car..
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    nice spelling
    Hey jchan2,

For the Money, I just had to Buy this car. After the Test Drive, It was almost too good to be true. That CVT Auto Stick is Nice.

Thanks

Mitch
    Marco,

It does appear that Nissan has a winner here. The Push Button Start, The Ride, and the Styling and Mileage, are all Awesome.

And for $17,615 for the 2.5S The decision to buy was easy.

The Vin Number starts with a 1 so at least it was assembled here in America.

Mitch
    Right much I would expect. I just bought one brand new with 40 miles on it for 18,795. I think at least $2-3,000. If I were you and the guy wouldn't deal I'd just opt for a brand new one.
    The dealer offered me an 100k extended bumper-to-bumper warranty for something like 1800. his final offer was 1300 which I passed on. I'll probably trade it in when the 36/36 runs out.
  • trucker49trucker49 Member Posts: 18
    Was at the dealer yesterday and my salesman says the way he understands it and from looking at his 'matrix' the $1000 dollar rebate AND 3.9% for 60 months runs till June 30th. All the commercials say it runs out June 2nd but he claims the 30th.....sooo who knows. I think I'm sold though. Drove the Accord and the Altima back to back and liked the Altima much better. Now do I want Nav or not LOL
    I Just Checked my paperwork and not counting the Dealer Discounts, The Rebate was $1,750. But that was the 24th of May. Altima 2.5 S Auto stick.

Mitch
    sorry about that My spelling stinks have alws had trouble with it I am Leaguly blind use a screan reader. but I shore no about cars and beeing around cars. yes the altima is a grate car That is it for now thankyou for reading Marco.
    Hey Mitch Yes the vin starts with a number 1 but I am pritty shore they use all [non-permissible content removed] parts anyone no mor about that Let all of us no. Yes and for that price you cant beat it and go rong. yes grate options for the money grate rating and long tirm quality. and grate ride to. good luck with it Marco.
    Aren't all Altimas assembled in North America? The only question is whether it came from Canton, Mississippi, or Smyrna, Tennessee...

On the parts content, I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure the Altima uses a significant amount of N.A. parts content. (at least more than the Hyundai Sonata- even though its assembled in Alabama, the majority of that car's parts come from S. Korea)
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Just wanted to share my recent purchse of a 08 2.5S w/ convenience plus package, splash guards, and mats. I got it over the Memorial Day weekend. Sticker was $24,090. I got it for $20,500. Its a couple hundred under invoice after the rebates. I bought from Norris Nissan in Ellicott City in Maryland. Great experience. I was literally in and out in 2 hrs. I love the car. Only question to those who own...When my bass hits on my radio (around volume 20) my driver side mirror seems to vibrate kind of easy. Is it just my car? Anyone else notice this? Thanks!!!!
  • farrizfarriz Member Posts: 10
    Kennynmd... Give specific numbers. Like
    Cost of car including destination = $.... +
    Tax =
    Rebate =
    Final total
    Rebate has to be substracted after adding tax
    Is $20500 the final total ? Then its a good deal.
  • jdsteelersjdsteelers Member Posts: 1
    I am noticing that KBB is pricing their trade in values about $2400 less than Edmunds, and the difference between their dealer retail and trade in is soaring. I think that Auto Dealers are paying them off. Why is my same vehicle worth almost $9,000 less just because a dealer sells it. That is about 800% markup after reconditioning and marketing. That is ludicrous. It is making negotiating a trade very hard.
    Does anyone know what their JUNE offers are? Their webpage doesn't say much.
    I was told by a Dealer it's still the $1250....... or $1000 + 3.9% APR
  • slamtazslamtaz Member Posts: 55
    I am noticing that KBB is pricing their trade in values about $2400 less than Edmunds, and the difference between their dealer retail and trade in is soaring.

go print the edmunds price and bring it to the dealer. i did exactly that and though the dealer low-balled me at first and insisted that kbb and other websites are $$$$ lower, i stood firm and prevailed. i even got a sales tax rebate, which when added to the trade-in value, is just about $200 lower than existing 3rd party selling price. it sure beats selling the car yourself.

and before you think that the dealer may have ripped me off on the selling price of new car i got in exchange for matching the edmunds trade-in value, i even went down to about $200 into the hold back of the car, which i believe is a pretty sweet deal not to mention that i got a real low apr with zero down :shades:

thanks to edmunds, this is where i learned to treat the new car pricing, trade-in & financing as three distinct transactions, and never go into the dealership unprepared (i.e. do extensive research on all three aspects, don't be emotional on the car you're buying, be firm and ready to walk when you don't get what you're reasonably asking for... :)
    thanks for the heds up on the information was just wondering thankyou so mutch Marco.
  • mayadawn77mayadawn77 Member Posts: 7
    2008 Altima 2.5 S with Convenience Package...Has anyone out there recently purchased this car? I think I can get it for 18,500 but have had no luck so far. Just curious if I'm being realistic or need to give in and raise my offer. Thanks!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I thought 18.5K is for a base 2.5S. I think you need to offer 18.5K + Conv. package...but I might be wrong.