Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mayadawn77mayadawn77 Member Posts: 7
    After going back and forth for a while I got 2 dealerships down into the 17's for the basic S package. One was for 17,249 and the other was for 17,749. Invoice on the convenience package is $911...so it makes sense to me I could get it for around 18,500. But maybe its wishful thinking...lol
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Huh? if you could get a base for 17,249, I don't know why the dealer wouldn't let you have the S + Conv. ($911) = 18.5K...unless the car with this package is in high demand? :confuse:

BTW, 17,249 for the S? I think we might see 16Ks in a couple months?
  • mayadawn77mayadawn77 Member Posts: 7
    I know- it doesnt make much sense. Although those prices were with the $500 incentive that is no longer being offered. Hmmm...in the 16's? I like the sound of that! I was wondering if prices would possibly drop around August when the 2009's come out. Maybe I'll wait a little while and see what happens.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Not sure what else to post...All I can tell you is that after everything added up including the $1,750 in rebates, , price was $22,600. Sticker was $24,090 and invoice was $22,430. If anyone can get this vehicle for $20,500 OTD (after tax, tags, destination, and processing fee), Run to your dealer!!! That would make the purchase about $18,500 or $5,500 below invoice based on roughly 6% tax. Recent previous posts had a basic 2.5 S for mid 17k. So add 1k for the convenience or 2k for the convenience 2 package. that would make the purchase at either 18.5k or 19.5k.
    Either way, I love this car and thats what is important. Everyone here is going to get a better deal that the last guy. Thats the way it always is!!!
  • mitchmillermitchmiller Member Posts: 11
    Hey Marco,

I just Took the Altima for a ride around the Lakes Region, and thought I would "Fool" the Car by using the CVT Automatic in the Manual mode.

Right from the Start of my trip I put her in 6th gear the whole time. I've only got just over 200 miles on the car, and being in 6th gear, I never went over 2,000 RPM's and I got 37.4 MPG for the trip. And it's not even broken in. I'm really impressed!!!

Mitch
  • sbb4thsbb4th Member Posts: 6
    I haven't fooled with the manual mode yet. How does it work and how could you just leave it in 6th gear?
    You gotta get moving at like 5-10 MPH then go into manual and click right into 6th gear, It slows down the revs, and the MPG'S go up. Kinda neat!

Mitch
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Your post peaked my interest! So what you are saying is start in "D" until you start moving, then suddenly put it in manual mode and click until you get to 6th gear?
    YUP! That is what I did, It keeps the Revs way down, and the MPG's go's up. at 5-10mph go from "D: right into manual, and tap the shifter right into 6th gear. I got 37 MPG on a 40 mile trip around the Lakes.
    Mitch
  • voisinvoisin Member Posts: 5
    i am looking to get the s package + convenience package there offering me 20133.05 thats with the rebate. 18,500 is sounding like what i would be happy with.
    But it sounds like i got some talking to do. I would love to know what the invoice price is. all i can find is the MSRP. were did you find the invoice on the convenience package. thats some good stuff
  • desiboy123desiboy123 Member Posts: 8
    Here's the invoice price for the options. It doesn't say what the invoice base price is, I would like to know that too - does anyone know what the invoice price for a 2.5S CVT is?
  • nascar9900nascar9900 Member Posts: 48
    MSRP has gone up by about $300 since Memorial Day. A rough estimate is that INV went up about $200, or $19392 + 200 ~ $19600.
  • jkh713jkh713 Member Posts: 4
    I am eligible for the Nissan VPP C and wondering if I will come out ahead using this, because I read that upgrade options are covered at invoice. Has anyone used this program? If so could you share your eperience.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    hey Mitch it is Marco just getting back to you that is ausam how fast wher you going. Like I said it is a grate car I am not just saying that to brag or say sum thing in this foram over and over. that was grate gas Milage you got ausam. What color is your car not shore if you said the color in a pryar posting keep us updated thankyou for reading Marco.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Yeah.. $20133 is a bit much, given the current incentives. When I bought, I paid something like $20,200, but I didn't take the cash incentives; I went with 1.9% APR.

So, lets assume the price has gone up $300. So we're at $20,500.
    But.. subtract $1000 if you're taking the 3.9% APR, $1250 if you're not. (btw, you'll save more in interest than $250, so I'd take the 3.9/$1000 combo) so you're at $19,500ish, $19,250 if you're a cash buyer.

And that was for a deal that I did in early January- the climate now is far better in favor of the buyer, so you shouldn't have to pay any MORE than $19,500 before taxes, title, and license plates.
    Don't forget to ask for each dealer's doc fee when you get a quote as well; I had doc fees range from $0 (where I bought) up to $600 when I got quotes. Some of those dealers are sneaky!

Invoice on the Convenience Package is around $850, I believe. It's not a terribly expensive addition and well worth it- the power seat alone is probably worth the upgrade for me.

Good Luck!
    According to NADA Guides the Invoice is at $19663 for the Base. Invoice for the Conveniece PKG $911. So + Destination $660. Im looking at $21234 I'll probly go with the 3.9 intrest rate with -$1000 dallor rebate. + the VPP program -$564

Im looking at $19670

If i could get it for $19000 that would be grate
    Hey Marco, Nice to hear from you again. I was cruisin' at approx. 40 MPH that's the speed limit on rural Maine roads mostly. I'm not sure if shifting into 6th at 10 MPH with the CVT will hurt anything, But the Mpg's go from 26-37+. And the Motor didn't seem to lag.

My 2008 2.5s CVT automatic. is Pebble Beach exterior, with Blonde on the interior. Splash Gaurds and Cloth mats front rear, and trunk.

The car was bought for my wife, But I love driving it, And my Summer car is a Solstice.

I just love the feel of the wheel. And for $17,615 how can you beat a Car like that with all the Toys.

Just a note, I hit 40 MPG during the trip, But the stop lights brought the MPG's down before I got home.

Now what Color is your Altima, or do you have one in the works?

Mitch
    Hay mitch that sound interesting are you sure that does not hurt the transmition.
    and if you left it in auto does it go to six

one more ? how you got that car for 17k please fill me in
  • pmlboypmlboy Member Posts: 8
    I tried the manual shifting in my recent trip to San Francisco from Santa Clara (around 45 miles one-way). I noticed that the RPM surely drops down when I moved to the 6th gear, however, I also found that at similar speeds in auto mode, the RPM was also similar. My mileage is still poor, it remained at 23 mpg. My car is driven 1000 miles, though mostly in short trips from my home to office. I don't know whether I need to reset the counter.
  • brentbgersonbrentbgerson Member Posts: 1
    2008 Altima
    SE (V6) 3.5
    Technology Package w/ VDC
    fully loaded with everything
    MSRP: $33,040
    Agreed-on Price: $28,684
    Financing: 3.9% AND $1,000 Rebate
    College Grad Bonus : $500
    Final Financed Price - $27,184 + ttl
    Sound good?
    that sounds pritty good
  • jayb3jayb3 Member Posts: 1
    HI mandi78
    Can you tell me the spicific details of your car with options. Which car dealership did you go to? Im looking for the sale 2.5 with SL package and my budget is about 21k. I live in CT as well.. So i would really appreciate you telling me the dealership that offered you this.

thanks J
  • wyngatorwyngator Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,

I am going to be shopping for a new vehicle. I am going to get rid of my 2003 Lincoln Navigator. I am ready for a sedan again (fewer kids to lug around).

I love the look of the Altima. I test drove the 2.5 (wanting good fuel economy). I think I would like to get the 2.5 S with SL package. Also, looking for technology package since I had similiar in my Lincoln. Any idea what the pricing should be?

I see that most that have these add ons do so on the 3.5 model. I did not drive the 3.5 ... perhaps I should? I was just drawn to the great gas mileage of the 2.5 after having my 8 cyl guzzler for the past 5 years.

I just found this forum and love the input of experienced buyers and owners. Thanks ..... also, FYI .... I was thinking of Hybrid but cannot get here in Florida so that is not an option unfortunately.

:shades:
    Laurie
    Hey voison,

I don't know if it will hurt the tranny, But when you go into manual mode at 10 mph, and RESET the economy button to zero, shift up to 6th and don't push the car hard you do get 37+ MPG. I used the cruise as much as I could at 40 MPH.

The car was with $1,750 rebates plus the dealer discounted his profit after I walked away 3 times. :)

The $17,615 price was before they added the $349.00 dealer prep cost, So the total cost before all the horrible Maine taxes was $17,964.

Mitch
  • lovenavylovenavy Member Posts: 15
    i saw local socal dealership has used 08 altima that has 268 miles on the odometer for
    $21,615. i offered $21,000 out the door. the next day, i received an email from the internet director for $20,948. i'm surprised, not that it $52 less than my offering, also i get quick response. do you think it's a great price? or there a catch there.
    Is it the 2.5S CVT Automatic?

Mitch
  • lovenavylovenavy Member Posts: 15
    yes. it's a 2.5 CVT.
    Seems too high, with the Rebates on a New 2.5S you should not pay more than $18,000 just my opinion.

Mitch
  • trolleyfantrolleyfan Member Posts: 7
    Laurie,

I'd suggest you test drive both the four and six cylinders. I definitely felt that the four had plenty of power, but I found the engine noise significantly less and while I figured it cost be around 3 grand more for the engine and about 4-5 mpg, for me it was worth it. My hearing is a bit on the sensitive side, so it meant more to me, and I have to say I am truly enjoying the Bose sound system more than I would with the louder four. I treated myself, and although I bought it in March and with gas now over $4 a gallon, I still would go with the six. I have to believe Nissan could do a better sound soundproofing the four. Drive an Acura TSX and see how quiet that four is.
  • stup123stup123 Member Posts: 10
    21k ..I think its 1k above the target.
    Since you ar net savvy(going by the fact that you are on this forum), you should be able to get it for that price

Simple math:
    invoice should be 20k, 1K incentive now + Taxes= 20,500..Haggle it by a few since there are a couple of hundred miles on it

My 2 cents

I'd mail another dealer and ask him to beat this price
    You should be looking at $23,500 OTD.So start $1000 - $1500 less than that to start with and you should be able to wind it up at that price
    (thats for 2.5SL)
    But I'd suggest that you take the connection package..with just SL mp3 wont play which I learnt the hard way..3 days after buying
    The sales person said that mp3 works without connection and all he's say now is that he is sorry and he cant do much about it.For $1000 I'm stuck with my car that doesnt have MP3
  • matty3imatty3i Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am in upstate NY (Albany) and was wondering what is a good price for the mentioned car before any rebates, etc.

Is below invoice possible? Any info is appreciated. Also, any great dealers within 100 miles who are known for low pricing?

Thanks,

Matty
    Thanks for your insight. I really should test drive the 6 cylinder. Also, I will have to really try to pay attention to the engine sounds. As I recall the salesman was playing the radio the entire drive so I really didn't listen to the engine. I was just adjusting to the feel of riding a bit lower to the ground. After 5 years of SUV driving, that was a bit of an adjustment ... but one that I am looking forward to.

Actually, I did drive an Acura TSX 2009 a few days after driving the 4 cylinder Altima. I wish I had posted and received this input before doing so. I just remember that the Acura was a bit smaller, but it was very plush inside. I had to accompany my friend for her TL's 36,000 mile service so while we were there I decided to test drive the TSX. Again, that salesman played the radio ..... I wonder why they all do that? Are they trying to drown out the sound of the vehicle? LOL ... who knows.

I just HATE car shopping and the 5 minute test drive you do with the salesman in the car with you really doesn't give you a chance to *try* the car.

Thanks,

...Laurie :shades:
    Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I appreciate having those bottom line numbers. As I have mentioned in earlier post .... I just HATE buying a car because of having to "haggle" over the price. Having concrete numbers like that make it more bearable.

Yes, you are correct about the connection package. As I understand it .... I would be required to purchase the connection package simply because I want the technology package. So, I have several add ons to the 2.5 Altima ... the SL upgrade, the connection package and the technology package.

I see a TMV price listed on Edmunds for the technology package $ 1,898
    connection package $ 949

So, that would plunk about another $ 2,850.00 on top of that cost.

Funny, according to Edmunds the cost of the 2.5 Sedan is $ 20,127 for a TMV price.

Then, they say to add an additional $ 3,653.00 for SL package.

They are suggesting a total price of $ 26,627 for a good price to get the 2.5 SL Altima 4 door with those extras that I mentioned.

I have been doing a lot of internet reading today :) So - I would be paying almost $ 27,000 for a 4 cylinder Nissan Altima.

I guess I need to think about what other sedans I could get for that money. I want reliability .... that is why I thought of the Nissan.

I used to own an old Datsun B210 (ran forever); then I owned a Honda Accord (again ran like a clock). I bought a mini van (Mercury Villiager -which had the Nissan Quest Engine) and that was very reliable also. My Lincoln Navigator has been nothing but headaches .... always something .... I want to go back to the Nissan or Honda family. Oh, we currently have an Infiniti I 30 with 187,000 miles on it. Another dependable vehicle .... I am just wanting to try to own "quality" again.

Thanks again to you "experts" for your input. It really helps me!

,,,Laurie :shades:
    All the best

the standard complaint with Altima is Nissan's annoying structure of options packages. I think with Accord or camry basic model you get features like power seats,windows,mp3 player..the same for Altima costs a lot

At $27k I'd buy a camry xle(I had a 2008 camry which had an accident ,so i bought my altima.. camry had better miles/gallon but altima ride feels better)
    For those who have used the internet to research availability of a desired vehicle - which has the more accurate vehicle count:
    - The dealer's actual website?
    - Nissan's corporate website for the dealer?

Sometimes when I check for a certain vehicle, the dealer's local website may show no availability, but I can find the vehicle on the lot - indicating the Nissan corporate website is more accurate.

Any shoppers or dealers/salesmen know?
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    What is the auxillary plug for if you can't plug an MP3 into it without the connection package? Is this a problem with which mp3 player is used or does it just not work? That is an incredible deception if that is the case. One of the major things I want to gain in my new car is an mp3 plug that works so I don't need to be in the 6 disc changer business anymore.
    I think he means the standard CD player will not play CDs when the music is encoded in the MP3 format. Therefore, the standard CD player can only play about 16 songs per CD, versus the Bose that handles over 100 on a CD when using MP3 compressed music.

You are correct, an MP3 player can be plugged into the AUX input of either the base of Bose radio.
  • madaktmadakt Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

1st time post ... but big time reader of Edmund's Forums.

I'm visiting Houston to help my baby sister to buy an Altima Coupe. I asked her to deal with the local dealerships via the internet to narrow down the playing field. On Friday, she got what seems as an exceptional deal ...

Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT (Fabric Interior)
    + Convenience Package
    + Moonroof
    + 3.9% Financing
    + about 80 miles on the car

All for $23000 out the door (inclusive of TTL & destination). With my approx.calculations ... this is about $1200 below invoice!! :surprise:

Can you all let me know if this can be real? I haven't seen similar deals on the forum.

Thanks!
    the dealership is conning you.

You should be able to get SL for another $500 more(note that there is $1000 cash back to customers now)

Actual invoice - $1000 +Tax +TTL(ard $150) should be the price you should be looking at
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    Bought an '08 Silver Altima 2.5 SL w/ Connection Pkg.

One dealer quoted me @ $24,565 "out the door", w/ aluminum kick plates, first aid pkg, and sunroof wind deflector. However, this car had about 100 miles on it.

Another Dealer outside of Birmingham, AL quoted @ $24,645 "out the door". They wouldn't throw in anything additional. This car only had 11 miles on it.

We took the 2nd deal because it was far closer to where we lived and we knew the car hadn't been "abused". We were also trading in 2 cars and we payed cash for the difference. We were a little disappointed with the trade in on our cars, but we were trading in 2 Toyotas for a Nissan, so it didn't surprise me. We were able to negotiate about a $1000 increase in trade though, so that was nice. We also got a very healthy discount on an extended warranty.

The overall experience took about 2 hours. Dealer was Crown Nissan/Pontiac of Hoover, AL
  • madaktmadakt Member Posts: 3
    Note that the $23000 driveout was for the Coupe.

I believe the incentives/package you are mentioning are for the Sedan.

Thanks
  • igafoojonesigafoojones Member Posts: 8
    Over the weekend I got the following quote for an Altima SL with the 2.5 cyl, and mud flaps and mats:

MSRP: $25,790

Price: $23,289 + 6% tax + license plates.

Working through the numbers it seems that the deal is MSRP minus $1250 and then the $1250 rebate for the cash purchase.

Is MSRP minus $1250 a good deal?

Thanks.
  • duc510duc510 Member Posts: 2
    I shopped through the internet for a few days and I ended up paying 23,500 + Tax/License for a 2.5 S with SL package, connection package, splash guards, first aid kit, floor and trunk mats. I took the 3.9 financing so I only had the $1000 rebate. The invoice of the car configured with options was 24,912(according to the Costco auto program). So after subtracting off the rebate, I paid $400 under invoice. Not bad after a few emails and phone calls.
  • bonzybonzy Member Posts: 12
    May I ask where? That is an excellent deal and I am looking for the SL with connection.
  • trolleyfantrolleyfan Member Posts: 7
    Laurie,

You are in a position to name your terms. I'd check out other dealerships. Ask to speak to the sales manager and ask if you can take a vehicle out for a test drive without a sales person. If they say no, say thanks and tell them you will try another dealership. If they insist, then tell them you don't want conversation and you want to take a route of your choosing. Dealerships are hurting and not selling cars unless it is one of a few popular models. They can't afford to just let you walk out. One of the Nissan dealerships that I considered offered me to take a new Altima home overnight to show my wife.

For what it is worth, I bought my 3.5SL without navigation for just under $25k at the end of March. This included the $1250 rebate. I'm in Pennsylvania. For the record, I got prices from three dealerships and the most expensive one wanted just over $2K more. It pays to shop around.

Best Wishes!
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hey Lory Keep us updated on if you buy an altima or what car you bye. Yes nissan toyota and honda are grate cars look at consumer reports. evan Hundai and Kia are dooing grate Just mor cars for you to look in to if you want. The american cars they say they are getting bettor still weearry might be getting bettor but not as good as nissan honda and toyota thankyou for reading keep us updated
  • milt7696milt7696 Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if the $1250 or $1000 rebate can be used on a lease?
    Negotiating on a 2.5 S CVT w/ convenience in Mass.
    Will post how I do soon.
    Thanks for everyone's help
    does anyone think 18500 is posible on a 2.5 S CVT w/ convenience.
    ill be trying for that thursday ill let yall know what i get.
  • duc510duc510 Member Posts: 2
    I got this car from Antioch Nissan in Northern California. Happy hunting, I love this car.