Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• amnesiacrickamnesiacrick Member Posts: 4
    Hey mayadawn77,

Thanks for you post. I'll shoot for 18,000 +TTL (and repost with updates). Do you have a dealer in washington you'd recommend?
  • karmomkarmom Member Posts: 10
    Just in case you didn't know. Nissan physical month does not end until tomorrow at midnight. Nissan never end a sales month on a weekend or a holiday. I didn't know this until today, so wanted to pass that information along. Most dealerships will be open until midnight tomorrow night as the physical month set to end tomorrrow 9/2. Deals can surely be made until closing. Good Luck
  • dgentsusadgentsusa Member Posts: 8
    Well, Im looking for a used 2007 2.5 SL fully loaded, its extremely hard to find. But if i do find one what do you think the price should be? Fully loaded with Nav. I would have to say no more then 25000 out the door. Prob less. Heck i can buy a 06 TL for that same price. Any comments
  • mayadawn77mayadawn77 Member Posts: 7
    I live in Vancouver, WA and there is only one Nissan dealership- Alan Webb. DO NOT GO THERE!!! I'm not going to go into what happened ...but I filed a complaint with Nisssan Headquarters, BBB, and Attorney generals office. The people at Jaylees Gladsrone Nissan in Portland were pretty nice.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Why not just look for a brand new fully loaded SL? The discounts on the used ones probably aren't enough to justify going for them.
  • schuckeschucke Member Posts: 2
    Well I pulled the trigger. We got a 2.5 sl in grey for 22499. When we sat down there was a 199 processing fee and we had to adjust the rebate to 1000 instead of the 1250 for the 4.9 financing. Then I pulled out the recent college grad and got another 500 off. So final OTD price was 22499. I am happy with the deal. I saw some New maxima's there also and they are one of the best looking cars I have ever seen.
  • larvid1larvid1 Member Posts: 5
    Just leased a 2008 Altima 2.5S with convenience package. MSRP $22,835. residual 57%. money factor .00097. 39 months 12,000 miles. negotiated price $21,426. lease price based upon the above was $249 month plus tax. south florida boca raton area. no other charges..no bank fee. tags, and first month up front. hope this helps everyone.
  • sarubousarubou Member Posts: 1
    I went to the Nissan Dealership in Dallas on Memorial Day and came out with a quote of $21,095(after TTL) for 2008 Altima 2.5 S. The weird thing is that it doesn't include convenience package, but it comes with leather and is already tinted. Is this a good offer, or should I look around for better deal? I just don't know what the September incentives are going to be.
  • amnesiacrickamnesiacrick Member Posts: 4
    just bought the altima 2.5S few days ago. someone suggested to me to shoot for 18,000 plus TTL, which is essentially what i got (paid $19,200ish, MSRP $21,940). not sure how much the leather seats/tints add, but you could probably see how much extra those options are with the edmunds pricing. That quote def seems too high. I'm sure the sept incentives will be equal if not better than the august incentives. What I found to be helpful was to just call multiple dealerships with the number you want to pay (eg., $19,400 OTD including TTL, and tell them that's what you've been quoted). If you're really ready to buy tell them that and put the pressure on them to make a sale. Don't let them pressure you to come in and do negotiating at the dealership. Always use the 'out the door' line so they know your serious and don't add on dealer prep and all that other baloney. I'm convinced I could have got my car for $19,000 flat if I really wanted to, but I didn't have the time, though I was able to reduce the price from 20,600 to 19,200 in a few hours. Don't be afraid to pin the dealers against eachother (they would ask who else I was working with and I would reply "that's my business"). Really pissed a bunch of them off but I don't owe them anything. You don't have a good deal until somebody yells at you.
  • dandlewooddandlewood Member Posts: 2
    First of all, thanks to everyone who posts. I can't tell you how awesome it is to get this kind of feedback.

Anywho, here's my current issue: I want a 2.5 coupe, black with leather/bluetooth/bose audio

Dealer in South NJ offered me 26,999 - 5,000 for my trade in + TTF.
    Any thoughts on what kind of a deal this is?
  • dandlewooddandlewood Member Posts: 2
    Just got an offer for 2009 altima coupe with those packages for 26,700 + TT. I need these dealers to come down on the 08 prices :mad:
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    I was on the Nissan web sight. Build a 2009 Altima Sedan 2.5 with leather and wanted navigation.

To add navigation you add in the Technology Package. Which seems to add in all the options. Then the car jumps to $29,765

Anyone know if this is correct? To get navigation you need to spend 29,000?
    Even on the 4-cylinder engine?
  • jennnyle89jennnyle89 Member Posts: 2
    how much am i expecting to pay for a nissan altima 3.5 SE coupe with navi and leather. i live in california, elk grove. planning to down payment 20k.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I would think around $30000 for the most part maby less get menny dealer quot4es from quite a few dealers keep us updated on how it gos thanks Marco.
  • jennnyle89jennnyle89 Member Posts: 2
    does it matter how much you down pay on a car? would it make the price go lower the more you down pay?
  • lovenavylovenavy Member Posts: 15
    yes. the more down payment you have, the lower the monthly payment. you owe the bank less.
  • altima123altima123 Member Posts: 5
    Any opinions on what's a good price for 2008 Altima 2.5S, cloth interior, with Convenience Package (not Plus), mats and splash guards, cash sale? I have offer of $20,450 (including destination & rebate) plus TTL. Seems high considering it's for cash now, and the 09s are being delivered daily. Mid-Atlantic area. Will appreciate your thoughts.
  • dennis45dennis45 Member Posts: 10
    what's the sticker price
    Thanks for your reply
    MSRP, including destination, is 22870
    Also should have mentioned car is Autom. CVT
  • laputagdlaputagd Member Posts: 1
    this is the best price I can get. I have been talking to all the Nissan dealers in my area. by the way, the tax rate is 6.75% (Ohio). Is that a reasonable price? Thanks for any suggestions! :shades:
    Should be able to go lower- I bought one almost a year ago for less than that when the 2008s were the brand new models and my local dealer still had some 2007s to clean out.

I know the price has adjusted since I bought, but you should definitely be closer to $20K flat than you are to $20,500.

I'd offer $19,700 and see where they counter; if they're above $20,000 flat, walk away and wait a few weeks and pay about $20,500 for the brand new 2009 models.
  • big32mikebig32mike Member Posts: 3
    what options or packages does it come with? Bluetooth? Bose? Navigation? What's the sticker price?
  • mrebeanmrebean Member Posts: 13
    the amount you put down on a car has no influence on the type of deal the dealership is going to give you. they get their money from the bank.
    You should be looking at 19,750 including the 1,250 rebate.
    Many thanks to those who have replied. I appreciate all the helpful comments. I'm holding off purchase for time being. Will appreciate any further thoughts. To reiterate, I'm trying for -
    2008 Altima 2.5S, Autom. cloth interior, with Convenience Package (not
    Plus), mats and splash guards, cash sale. Mid-Atlantic region
  • 87turbobuick87turbobuick Member Posts: 15
    Dark Slate exterior with frost interior. Incredible gas mileage with the 4cy and great excelleration! Got sunroof & alloy rims, purchased in Suffolk at Smithown Nissan. Got free servive & oil changes up to 30K mile's. Ride is nice and am now considering tinting the windows! Go 09 Altima!
  • hold31hold31 Member Posts: 6
    O.k I have been shopping all day between Nissan and Honda. I tried the 09 altima but I liked the 09 accord due to its navigation system and interior look. Ok., here goes the tricky stuuf. I had my 02 altima for trade in and they were willing to give me $6000 for it. I told the sales man I wanted what the accord had but he said that was not possible abotu the navi. Then when I told him I ws going to go to honda , he told me to hold up. He rhen cam e back with an offer to get the 09 altima with nvi system and rear view camera , moonroof heated seat, etc. Oh, this was a 2.5 sl4 cylinder. He told me it would be a connection paackadge as well as a tech package deal. I had to keep my payment at 350 0r no higher then 360 a month. Originally that is what we had. As soon as i made a 500$ deposit , his manger came over and told me that he could only give me $4500 for my trade in since it had a little damge to it and i had custom rims on it. Now my payment was going to be $395. He told me if I bought my factory wheel back he would give me an extra $500. So now the trade in would be $5000. He told me the MSRP was at 3032? Now when I asked about where the car was coming from because it was not on the lot , he told me from anther dealership. I had to go back and get my paystubbs and proof of residence and he said he would check with his finace people to see what rate i would get. I was already preapproved at my credit union and the ytold me my payment would be at 350 a month.I told him that and that is when they said they wouldcheck through their finace . I came back later but they said they could not get in tiouch with anybody becuase it was late in the day and to give them to til tommorow morning to come p with something. Am i getting screwd here.? I read about obtaining my deposit back but i am not sure. My mother used her debit card to put down the 500. Thonda the guy told me that i would alos have to wait till tommrow to see what percent the can give me. What do I do? I hope i will not have a hard time getting my money back if i decide not to get the Altima. I can afford to m ake a payment of 450 a month.
    O.k I have been shopping all day between Nissan and Honda. I tried the 09 altima but I liked the 09 accord due to its navigation system and interior look. Ok., here goes the tricky stuuf. I had my 02 altima for trade in and they were willing to give me $6000 for it. I told the sales man I wanted what the accord had but he said that was not possible abotu the navi. Then when I told him I ws going to go to honda , he told me to hold up. He rhen cam e back with an offer to get the 09 altima with nvi system and rear view camera , moonroof heated seat, etc. Oh, this was a 2.5 sl4 cylinder. He told me it would be a connection paackadge as well as a tech package deal. I had to keep my payment at 350 0r no higher then 360 a month. Originally that is what we had. As soon as i made a 500$ deposit , his manger came over and told me that he could only give me $4500 for my trade in since it had a little damge to it and i had custom rims on it. Now my payment was going to be $395. He told me if I bought my factory wheel back he would give me an extra $500. So now the trade in would be $5000. He told me the MSRP was at 3032? Now when I asked about where the car was coming from because it was not on the lot , he told me from anther dealership. I had to go back and get my paystubbs and proof of residence and he said he would check with his finace people to see what rate i would get. I was already preapproved at my credit union and the ytold me my payment would be at 350 a month.I told him that and that is when they said they wouldcheck through their finace . I came back later but they said they could not get in tiouch with anybody becuase it was late in the day and to give them to til tommorow morning to come p with something. Am i getting screwd here.? I read about obtaining my deposit back but i am not sure. My mother used her debit card to put down the 500. Thonda the guy told me that i would alos have to wait till tommrow to see what percent the can give me. What do I do? I hope i will not have a hard time getting my money back if i decide not to get the Altima. I can afford to m ake a payment of 450 a month. Oh, the dealership is Middletown of Nissan
    I sense a little bait and switch; did you get your $6000 trade offer in writing? If you did, then I'd whip out that sheet and wave it in their face...
    If they didn't, well, I'd just flat out walk and try another Nissan dealer. Life's too short to play games with a dealership. I would just tell them that you were offered $6000 for your trade, and ask whether or not they will honor the trade in price on the transaction. If not, I'd demand your deposit back. Is your deposit refundable? Never put down a deposit unless it's fully refundable and in writing.

If there's not another Nissan dealer near you, I'd just go buy the Accord.
    I went to the Nissan dealer who at first told me he did not have a 09 Altima that had fully loaded with navii. I think at first he said they dont make them stock. When I mentioned I was going to Honda becuse the had the accord with navi fully loaded, he switched tunes. He went to his boss and said they could get a 09 Altima ,fully loaded, with navi and back up rear camera. I asked them if this would be stock or aftermarket. He said they can locate one for me and it would be Nisaan products. Is he lying to me? He said the it would be a 09 Altima sl package with technology package and connection package. The MSRP he said is 30,075 or 30025. I forget. I had a deposit down intially but the kep trying to bump up my monthy payments from 350 which I originally wanted, to giving me 66months for $399 a month. My bank is giving me $401 at 6.50% for 60 months on a 09 accord with navi fully loaded. The guy at Nissan could not get any lower then 9.59% over 72 months 2 days ago. Tha is when I asked for my deposit back.All of a sudden, the next day , they call me up and can get me at $399 for 66months but he did not tell at what % yet. As I said before I had a 500$ deposit down but I got that back which they said would take a couple of days. This is the second day so I hop emy mothers debitcard is credited. I mad them give me a reciept. So, please help me , should I deal with these people. IS THERE SUCH A ALTIMA THAT CAN BE STOCK MADE LIKE THS?
  • mocitytxmocitytx Member Posts: 12
    I'm not an expert but I have suggestions:

(1) Call, email, or visit other dealers and see what they say about that type of car being available, and what they can do for you on price. There is no reason you should only be dealing with one Nissan dealer, especially one that has trouble giving you a straight answer.

(2) You are lucky if you get your deposit back that easily and/or that quickly. DO NOT give any more deposits. There is no advantage for you to do that and you are giving up negotiating leverage by doing so.

(3) Are you sure you can afford this tricked out car if you have to put the deposit on your mom's debit card? I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation based on what you've reported.

(4) On financing, regardless of what APR it turns out to be, $401 at 60 months is about $2400 better than $399 at 66 months. Just do the math. You are spending $399 a month for six additional months.
    LOL!, I can afford it , I just did not have the funds immediately availible to me. Yeah, this my first car buying. Thanks for responding though.
    Yes, you can get a 2009 4 cylinder Altima stock with navigation and a backup camera.
    I believe that's the most expensive 4 cylinder Altima, though.

even if your payment is higher, it's better to go with the shorter terms...
    NIce I am so glad to hear you love your altima nissans are grate cars so what is the gas Milage you are getting Pleas let me no and the frost interior color how does that look thanks for reading talk later on Marco.
  • nsw1nsw1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy and have narrowed my search down to two Nissan dealers in the Central Florida area.

The 1st quote I received was $20,700 (out the door) after some haggling, I got the price lowered to $20,250.

Another dealer has countered with a price of $20,200 (out the door)

The sales tax rate is 6.5%

Does these prices seem reasonable? I'm still researching, and won't make a final decision for about another week. These dealers are calling me everyday, several times a day. I'm tiring of the process, but I won't act until I know that I am getting a fair price. I am wondering how low will they go and should I hold out a while longer?
    Also, what is the real invoice for this model?

Thanks
    What trim level 2.5S is this? Is it a base model, or have you added convenience, or convenience plus?
    Used 2007, connection with 17000 miles. Listed for 22300. What should I offer? Seems rather high! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Used 2007, connection with 17000 miles. Listed for 22300. What should I offer? Seems rather high! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    never ever ever never buy a car based on monthly payment. your the golden goose for a car dealer.
  • kristin13kristin13 Member Posts: 1
    1 first need to start out saying I have a VPP discount through my work and to be honest, they said it only meant $100 off invoice price...???
    Tonight I looked at a 2009 Altima 2.5S CVT with Convenience Plus Package (moonroof & 16” Alloy rims) in Western, NY. (sales tax = 8%) MSRP = $ 24,520.
    With $2k down I told them to incl everything, no surpirses. They quoted me $290mth~39/mo lease~15K miles
    With just the basic Convevience Pkg (no moonroof or 16") $264????
    All that didn't sound bad, but I always have that feeling like I should be able to get better. Car_man.... what do you think???? :confuse:
  • nsw1nsw1 Member Posts: 2
    Its the base model.
  • 08nissanaltima08nissanaltima Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am from CA.
    Planning to buy a 08 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
    MSRP Ranges between 25,500 - 26,000
    Got a deal for 19,999 + Other Expenses.
    OTD would be 22,000

How much OTD can we get it for?

Any suggestions
    Nissan Altima Buyer
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    I paid $24,665 OTD for a silver 2008 Altima 2.5 SL w/ connection pkg. I don't know where the market is now, but back then, it seemed like a pretty sweet deal.

Anyway, I've noticed several things upon returning to one of the dealers I was negotiating with to buy my car from.

First, The 2009 Altima 2.5 SL (no connection pkg.) no longer includes dual-zone automatic climate control. You now have to buy the Connection package to get the dual-zone automatic climate control. IMO whatever advantage Nissan had for equipping their cars over a comparable Honda Accord is now gone. Use this as a negotiating tactic when you're buying a 2009 Altima 2.5 SL

Next, I've also noticed two dealerships around here (Family Nissan in Oxford, AL and Nissan of Gadsden in Gadsden, AL) have put up stickers with "market adjustments" of $1000 over MSRP for 2009 Altima 2.5 SL sedan models and $2000 over MSRP for 2009 Altima 2.5 S Coupes w/ Premium Pkg. Is the market demand for these cars really that high? Personally, I couldn't see myself paying $29k for a 2.5s coupe w/ Premium Pkg. :(

Happy hunting guys!
  • altimabuyeraltimabuyer Member Posts: 4
    I'm in northern California and shopping for the same car as altima123: 2008 Altima 2.5S with Convenience, mats/splash, and destination fee (before TTL). There seems to only be a handful left on the lots and the best price I've been able to get is $20,400 which already includes the $1250 September rebate! This seems quite high given the other posts I've read through, but I haven't been able to get the dealer to budge. Most don't even have this car anymore.

Advice? What are prices paid on the 2009 Altima 2.5S with convenience -- should I just go for that? Or a 2008 2.5 SL if I can find that? Many thanks.
    The $20,400 has since been reduced to $19,600 before TTL. Will I be able to get it for less in the next day or two? Thanks!
    The msrp on that car incl destination is $23,025???
    Thats an extremely good price of 19,600...jump all over it
    MSRP on this car (it's the 08 model) is actually $22,715. Invoice is $21,269 and Edmunds' TMV is $21,721 before TTL.

I was seeing earlier posts that $18K including destination and after rebates was a good price for the 2.5S. Adding convenience package, $19K seemed to be reasonable -- this is why I thought I should be able to do better than $19,600.
    $19,600 for a 2.5S with Convenience? Does that include the $1250 rebate?

Regardless, though, here's my opinion:
    It's a done deal. take it.
    I would go for it if it wher me. that is a grate deal and for all you are getting with that Nissan Altima you will be real Happy and it will last you a real long time THe altima is a grate car and I am not just saying that look on the roads good luck let us no what you diside to do get that altima or if you get a 2009 thanks for reading Marco.