Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vrknoisevrknoise Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2004 2.5 S Auto with premium convenience package for $300 over invoice. I think a good deal on the car but I paid 1,300 for the extended 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. At the time I thought that was an decent deal but not according to previous post. Is that $775 for 7 years 100,000 mile bumper to bumper? My salesman was a fleet manager who really seems to want a good rating on their questionnaire. He even said "let me know if you feel something isn't right and give me the chance to make it right". Maybe I'll mention that $775 to him...
    As far as the car, I like the Altima's ride. Handling is solid and good acceleration for a 4 banger but I agree the downside to this car is the cheap plastic interior. The Bose system gets pretty loud without distortion.
  • scobbyd22scobbyd22 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

My Altima came with just the basic equipment. Floor mats, splash guards, single CD player, automatic trans, ect. I had the after market leather put in for extra $1000.
     The out the door price was $22,400 before leather. Out the door means that was the final price including all fees, taxes, and tags.
     I would of liked to of waited since I got 2.9% financing and now Nissan is offering 0.9% for the 2004's. Oh well, you can't win them all

D
  • scobbyd22scobbyd22 Member Posts: 3
    I'm located in Charlotte, NC
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    Aren't there two...on South and Independence
  • ramped1ramped1 Member Posts: 159
    It appears Nissan is offering a $1,500 consumer rebate on Altimas effective Jan. 6 through Feb. 2. Also looks like $350 factory to dealer money is offered over the same dates. Looks like 0.9 percent financing is also offered in lieu of rebates. This info from the TMV site here on Edmunds. Makes for a pretty enticing deal on a cool car.
    Someone from Crown Nissan in Greenville, SC called me up and wanted me to come over because they are offering $1500 back on the 2004s and $2000 back on the 2003s.

I am waiting until the 2005 debuts though...I can't see myself buying one so soon, when the 2005s come out in April. I can't wait!

The salesmen seemed eager to get me in the 2004, but he had no manual transmissions, and I know I want a stick shift, so I told him to catch me next month and I may go in to order a 2005 if the interior and the cosmetic changes are to my liking.

Finding a stick in ANY family sedan outside of the Mazda6 and the VW Passat is DIFFICULT. Even for the sporty Altima/Maxima sisters.

I can't find one within the area ranges of Charlotte, Atlanta, Greenville (SC) and Columbia (SC).

So I will order one if possible.

BTW, I have a feeling that Nissan will display the 2005 Altima at the Chicago Autoshow because the show should began right around the time the Altima should debut if rumors are correct.

The Chicago Autoshow is in Feb.
    about waiting for the 05s.

The 04 is a beautiful car except for all that interior pastic, but after the 05s are out the rebate money may increase on the older model, making an even better deal.
    The deals on the 2004 and especially the 2003s are soooo tempting but not THAT tempting.

I guess the old saying "Good things come to those who wait" is true.
    I hope this time Nissan did it right with refinement. Because I REALLY want the Altima, but if I don't get the interior with high quality plastics, I am going to Honda or Toyota, or even Mazda.

Since this is a price forum, my salemsen has offered me $2500 below invoice on the Altimas in my area. All of them are either fully loaded or extremely basic and ALL have automatic transmission ( I'll pass on them all)

Well, I heard today that the Altima will definately be getting an update for 2005...but these are the latest rumors I have heard from over at Freshalloy.com

4 models will be available for 2005

2.5S, 2.5SL, 3.5SL, 3.5SE (I AM VERY excited to see a 3.5SL model!!!!!!!)

Anyway, the 3.5SL will probably be automatic-only like the 2.5SL.

Also, a Navigational system will be available for the 2.5SL, 3.5SL and 3.5SE!!!!

There is NO SE-R model (I was hoping there would not be)

The damn car is fast enough...

Plus the same rumor was out back in 2001 when the Maxima got a facelift. I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.

The 5spd manual is continued....no 6spd (DARN)

The V6 gets 5 more horsepower! That means 250 horsepower. I think it had that much anyway...Nissan just underrated it.

I wish Bowke would chime in on this.....

So I will want either of these

1) A fully loaded 2.5S model with everything available (5spd manual)

2) A fully loaded 3.5SE model with everything except navigation (5spd manual)

3) A fully loaded 3.5SL with everything except navigation (automatic, HOPEFULLY a 5spd automatic with manual shift)

I can't WAIT!!!!!!!
  • tobleronetoblerone Member Posts: 19
    You really got $2500 below invoice? On a 2004?

I just bought a Quest SE from a dealer here where I live. They gave it to me for $573 below invoice + taxes and tag ONLY! No extra fees. No other dealer would touch their deal. They also gave me $100 more for my trade than anyone else. We had such a great experience from them, we are to go back Monday night to trade a 1998 Civic in on a 2004 Altima SL. They offered it to us below invoice as well. But, $2500? I thought I was good, but you are the man! My theory is that anything below invoice is good. Am I wrong?
    Nissan is just offering $2000 below invoice on the 2003s.... The salemsmen was going to give me $500 more off just to get rid of the last 2003.

He offered $2000 off the 2004s including the $1500 rebate and the additional offer of $500 more off invoice.

I didn't even haggle, he just offered this stuff to me to get rid of the 2003s and 2004s before the 2005 gets here.

I am not buying ANYTHING until I see the 2005. No matter how good the rebates get.

As a matter of fact, I saw a very nice Smoke SE model today, and my mother actually liked it. I am just not getting a 04, when the 05 are supposed to be out by the end of Feb or the beginning of March.

This is my first car purchase and I don't want to get a 2004 model, and then find that the 2005s are WAY better...with a better interior.

She is extremely interested in the Pathfinder Armada...and she is a HONDA person.
    If you can, you might want to wait!

The 2005s are coming out very soon. End of Feb or beginning of March.

You may be able to wait and look at the 2005s, and if you would rather have a 2004, I am sure there will still be some SL models on the lot. And the rebate is probably not going anywhere because they are really going to want to move the 2004s when the 2005s get here.

Now, finding a 2004 SE 5spd would probably be difficult, but I am sure there will be many SL models left on the lot.

I wish you the best, and congrats on the new Quest.

My mother drives and Odyssey, and I have been trying to get her to get a Quest. She doesn't like the Quest, but she LOVEs the Armada.
    This whole ordeal began with us looking at the Armada. WE LOVE IT! But, we transport 4 adults and a car seat twice a week+, so the van was more functional. Plus it was $10K less and had 1.9% financing. We will wait for special deals on the Armada.

As for waiting, they are giving us special deal because of buying 2 cars from them. And, I really don't care what the '05 has. I am sure it will not have rebate and special financing. The '04 is way better than the '98 Civic. So, I will go ahead and take the plunge! But, I can understand why you want to wait. Good Luck!
    Well, best of luck to you on your purchase of a 2004 Nissan Altima, and take advantage of that $1500 rebate.

What color is your Quest, and what color will the Altima be?

My Altima (if I get one) will be either Smoke, Mystic Emerald, Polished Pewter of Majestic Blue (the new color for 2005).

I ain't touching an Altima until March...
    We went down tonight and signed the paperwork for our Altima. We got it for $23,000 ($679 below invoice!) plus 5% tax and $140 tag. PERIOD! No other fees! We took advantage of the .9% financing instead of the rebate. The rebate would have been $97 less over the 5 year term, but if I pay off early, I can recoop the $97. Also, I wasn't sure about whether or not the rebate was taxed! I bought a new heat pump about 10 years ago and I got an $800 rebate. A couple years later, I got a letter from IRS saying that I failed to claim my rebate as income and they were sending me a bill for my late tax, interest and a fee! I figured, best case 15% tax bracket, the $1500 rebate would cost me $225 income tax. So, now instead of saving me $97, it would be costing me atleast $128. And that would be if I filed properly and did not get charged interest and fee! So, that makes a '04 Quest $573 below invoice and an '04 Altima $679 below invoice in the last few days! I'M TIRED!!!!!!!

My Quest is Great Tea w/ Beige Leather and my Altima is Smoke w/ Charcoal Leather!
    Edmunds says there is a $1500 rebate and a $500 rebate on the Altima. Does anyone know about the $500 rebate? Dealer said they knew of a $500 college grad rebate, but no other. They were going to look into for me tomorrow. Is the rebate listed on Edmunds the college grad you think?

Also, does anyone know if you are to claim a rebate on your income tax? I got a rebate on a Heat Pump once ($800) and I got a letter a couple years later saying that I didn't claim it. The letter politely reminded me that I owed tax on the $800 plus a late fee plus interest. Has anyone heard of this on a car rebate before?
    I'm no tax expert, but I don't see how any rebate is taxable as income. All a rebate is is a reduced price from the manufacturer. It is not earned income.

It seems to me that either the manufacturer or the IRS screwed up about the heat pump rebate. The manufactuer may have made a check out to you and did not specify what the payment was for. The IRS could have interpreted that as income.

In any event, I've bought several cars with rebates and never had tax problems. I always had the rebate deducted from the price of the car. It may be different if the manufacturer sends you a check, but I really don't see why.

Good luck with your Nissans. The smoke gray is a great color for the Altima.

By the way, I believe the $500 rebate is for recent college graduates.
    ramped1----------- Since my post, I found out via the IRS website that rebates are NOT taxable! So, either the tax law changed in the last 10 years or I got screwed! Either way, it is water under the bridge. And yes, the $500 is for recent college grads. Thanks for your help!
  • scottdudescottdude Member Posts: 177
    I got a price of $18,500 for a 2.5 S with Auto and Conv. Pkg 1, fog lights and splash guards. MSRP was $21,830. Does this sound like a good deal or could I do better?
    According to Edmunds TMV, they are essentially offering you the car at invoice less the $1,500 rebate. Not bad if you really want that car and need it now, but the deals should get better soon with the 05's on the way. You may want to try and see if they will go under invoice, or wait a few weeks until the 05s hit the ground. Then the 04 deals should improve even more, or Nissan may up the rebate.
  • kayodegkayodeg Member Posts: 2
    How does the current promotional incentives work? I'm referring to the $1,500 and $500 (recent college grad, eligible within 6mths or 2yrs). I qualify for both, do i get both? And if so, does the incentives get applied before taxes or after (i think before)?

Is there anyway I can show proof the 1500 as well as the 500 discount works before taxes? All the dealers i went told me the incentives are after, which does not make sense to me. I would appreciate if someone can help me this question.

Also, look at Edmunds.com quotes on a new car, it shows the rebate is taken off before taxes?
    I think you had this question answered on another board, but if not, you should be able to combine both rebates. In most states, and I think nationwide, you will pay tax on the full transaction price before the rebate is deducted.
  • cetaceacetacea Member Posts: 5
    I'm dealing on a 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A) and I could really use some help.

Here's the deal on the table:

National Base Price $17,958
    F01 Conv. Package $1,457
    T01 ABS & Side Airbags $694
    B10 Splash Guards $88
    L92 Floor/Trunk Mats $112
    Destination $560
    Total with options $20,869

Of course, they didn't have one on the lot, as the ABS with Side Airbags is not a common feature, however, they were able to find several of suitable color inside and out.

I was given an MSRP of $22,330 and invoice price of $20,757 which jives with Edmunds (he's throwing in the mats for free).

So, taking into consideration the $1,500 rebate, we're at $19,257.

I'm well more than 2 years out of college, so nix that $500 rebate.

Edmunds list Nissan holdback as 3% of the total invoice, so that's another $626 off for $18,631.

At this point, he wanted to know what was comfortable for me. I told him I'd like to see a price under $18,000.

Without any trips to the manager's office, he said he could do this.

Now, of course, I'm a little concerned as he didn't bat an eye over that price, so naturally I think I'm forgetting a rebate or have come in too high.

He did also add that there would be a dealer fee of around $400-$500, and that there was no getting around that.

I find that hard to believe, and I forgot to ask if that was supposed to be the TITLE portion of the T+T+T. I'm getting the feeling that it's not. Some friendly advice here would really be helpful!

I did come across the following, and it REALLY has me worried.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/- 37642

Specifically:

Models Expires Rebate
    Altima 03/01/04 $3000 cash back or 0.9%- 1.9% financing.
    Altima 03/01/04 $350 dealer incentive.

Consumer Guide's Rebates and Incentives represent a summary of national manufacturer programs available. Regional restrictions may apply, and offerings may vary by model.

So far, that is the ONLY resource I've found listing these rebates. Everything else shows only the $1,500 and $500 incentives.

There are three (3) Nissan dealers in my area, all of which show 2005's in their inventory. One has a significant number of them, but it's the farthest away, and I've not been to them yet.

Edmunds doesn't show the 2005 Altimas in their pricing section, and though I can get the MSRP from the Nissan website, I'm not sure how well I can deal on them.

I could really use some advice. Naturally, part of me wants to see and try the 2005, while another part of me would truly love a GREAT deal on a 2004.

I can wait a couple of days into March, but there is definately a need for a replacement vehicle due to my 1999 Camry engine compartment fire, but that's a story for another forum.

Can those in the know please advise me on the quality of the current deal on the table and what I should do with the other dealers to try to get my best price?

After reviewing the local 2005 inventory, I couldn't find a vehicle with the same (the ABS with side airbags is a rare bird) options, but just like the 2004 I'm working on, it could probably come from somewhere else in the state (I'm in Central Florida, BTW).

Should I consider waiting til after 03/01/04?

Will there be better incentives or will I lose the $1,500 one that's available?

Is the 2005 that much more vehicle that I should strongly consider dealing on it, and if so, what should I expect to pay? All of the 3% holdback should be there, however, there's less motivation for them to negotiate on a new model year vehicle.
    Please let me know.

My e-mail is 'cetacea@mail.com' if anyone would like to take the time to write me directly. I'll check back here for posts as well.

Thanks!
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    I reviewed the Nissan website on Thursday evening and it does not list a $3,000 rebate for the 2004 Altima. That rebate is the for the Pathfinder. The 04 Altima has a $1,500 rebate or low financing for 60 months, your choice. The 03 Altima has a $2,000 rebate.

Your price of 18K, or 18.5K with the dealer add on, seems good to me, especially since you are wisely getting the air bag/ABS option.

I can't imagine that any Nissan dealer is going to dip into holdback on the just released 05 Altimas. They are a big improvement over the 04s and will probably command a significant bump over invoice for at least a few months.

You probably owe it to yourself to see an 05 before you pull the trigger. No, you won't get a deal to match what you might get on an 04, but you may be happier with an 05.

If you decide you want the 04, the price you have negotiated isn't bad. There may be a couple hundred more in it for you, but, to me, that is relatively insignificant if you are financing over five years.

By the way, where in Central Florida? I'm in Kissimmee. Bill Ray in Longwood, or DeLand Nissan, seem to be the best bets in the Orlando area.
    I've been dealing with Classic, though I've spoken with a rep at Bill Ray and the S.M. at Reed.

I've been waiting for a FAX from Classic as I'm a bit under the weather and currently have no transportation available to make the trip over to the dealer.

A friend was helping me out, but he had things to do, so there goes my ride.

Problem is, I was promised a FAX last night and as of this morning, I don't have it. I know dealers want to play the numbers "on their ground" but I told the sales rep the ball park I wanted to deal and he said it would be no problem.

I guess getting a commitment on paper is a lot tougher.

I'm a little concerned now about the '05. I'd sure like to know what changes were made to it over the '04. I've been to Nissan's site, though I didn't see any way to compare the differing model years.

I wont be financing either ... it will be a cash deal -- insurance check plus the balance borrowed from a family member.

What do you feel the best price obtainable on the '04 would be?

How 'bout the '05? Is the redesigned '05 really worth several thousand $$$$ more?

I was told by a S.M. that often they'll take a loss on a car at the end of the month, as they've already made their profit target and now they're just trying to move additional vehicles. Does that actually make sense?

Also, are the tires-for-life programs any good or just hype?

Oh, and one final question. I went back to the Toyota site and saw that you could compare various models against other makes.

When I compared the Altima vs. the Camry, all of the facts and figures that were displayed (i.e. G-forces in a crash, costs, etc.) showed the Altima as significantly worse than a Camry. Any truth to this, or is it all just hype as well?

I appreciate your help in the matter!

Many Thanks!
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    The cars offer a different driving experience. When shopping in late 2001 (with the redesigned 02s) of both models just introduced, my parents went for the smooth ride, tranquility, ease of operation, and extra efficiency of the Camry 4 cylinder. The Altima handled better, felt just a bit more pepy, but the interior was not up to materials standards of the Toyota, and neither were ride and quiet. EPA figures are also worse.

In terms of crash scores, the Camry is just a notch above the Altima in most respects- the Camry gets a "Good-Best Pick" from the IIHS, and the Altima gets a "Good". For side impacts, the 2003s - The Camry earned 3 stars driver, narrowly missing 4, and 5 for rear passenger. The Altima earned 3 stars driver, and 4 stars rear passenger. Note this was in models without side airbags, though, and on the whole, purchasing side curtains and bags typically enhances crashworthiness.

My point is- I dont think the crash scores alone should steer you away from the Altima. The differences are not so pronounced.

Personally if you can get a 2004 2.5S w/ Conv. Pkg, Side Airbags & ABS, a few accessories for $18,500 before TTL, I'd say jump on it. Its an excellent car, at an amazing price.

~alpha
    I've been dealing with Classic, though I've spoken with a rep at Bill Ray and the S.M. at Reed.

I've been waiting for a FAX from Classic as I'm a bit under the weather and currently have no transportation available to make the trip over to the dealer.

A friend was helping me out, but he had things to do, so there goes my ride.

Problem is, I was promised a FAX last night and as of this morning, I don't have it. I know dealers want to play the numbers "on their ground" but I told the sales rep the ball park I wanted to deal and he said it would be no problem.

I guess getting a commitment on paper is a lot tougher.

I'm a little concerned now about the '05. I'd sure like to know what changes were made to it over the '04. I've been to Nissan's site, though I didn't see any way to compare the differing model years.

I wont be financing either ... it will be a cash deal -- insurance check plus the balance borrowed from a family member.

What do you feel the best price obtainable on the '04 would be?

How 'bout the '05? Is the redesigned '05 really worth several thousand $$$$ more?

I was told by a S.M. that often they'll take a loss on a car at the end of the month, as they've already made their profit target and now they're just trying to move additional vehicles. Does that actually make sense?

Also, are the tires-for-life programs any good or just hype?

Oh, and one final question. I went back to the Toyota site and saw that you could compare various models against other makes.

When I compared the Altima vs. the Camry, all of the facts and figures that were displayed (i.e. G-forces in a crash, costs, etc.) showed the Altima as significantly worse than a Camry. Any truth to this, or is it all just hype as well?

I appreciate your help in the matter!

Many Thanks!
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    You just said the exact same thing you did two posts and three hours ago. What exactly do you want from people on the TownHall? You need to relax, the car purchasing doesnt have to be as stressful as it seems for you. You arent going to get any car for free. If you find an outstanding deal on a car you like, one that meets all your prereq's, then buy it.

The difference between the 05 and 04 Altimas is that the interior has been restyled with upgraded materials, the front and rear fascias are slightly different, Navigation is now optional, and there is a 3.5SL model. The V6 gains 5 hp to 250, and all auto-equipped V6s use a 5 speed automatic.

~alpha
    I have not had good experiences with any of the Classic dealerships in Orlando. I looked for a Mazda 6 at Classic East last year and had some greenpea literally begging me to buy a car. It was embarrassing.

That being said, if you can get the '04 with bags and ABS for $18.5, I agree with Alpha that that is a decent deal. You can of course always find a better deal, but is the added stress worth it?

The 05 Altima is supposed to have a significantly upgraded interior. I believe that is the main difference, along with a slightly different front fascia. Is that worth a couple thousand dollars? You have to answer that.

The Camry is a more refined car than the Altima. In general, the interior materials are of higher quality. You can also order a Camry with stability control, but you will be up around 30K to get that equipment on a Camry. The Altima crash tests are pretty good, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As far as the tires for life, I think it is a ploy to force you to have all of your service work done at the dealership. That is one reason why I avoid Classic dealerships. I would advise working with Bill Ray or DeLand. Reed sticks a ridiculous dealer fee of over 1K on all of their cars.

If I were you, I would first decide if you will be happy with the O4. If so, I would decide exactly what equipment you want on the car. Once you did that, then decide how much money you will spend for that car, out the door (including all dealer fees, taxes, tags, etc.).

If that figure is 20K, then call each dealer in your area and ask them for the best price on the model you are interested in. Since this is a cash transaction, and it is at the end of the month, my guess is that you will soon have a new car.

Just remember to make all offers in out-the-door figures so the dealer can't later say, "Gee, I forgot to add this fee," when it is time to sign the contract. Keep it simple.
  • monte4monte4 Member Posts: 101
    Alpha good info but not all 3.5 autos have the 5spd auto, it is an option on the 3.5 SE auto and standard on the 3.5 SL.
  • alty1alty1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everybody, I am new here and just wanted to get some input on my purchase. I just bought an 04 3.5SE Altima with all the basics plus the sports package(moonroof, spoiler). I ended up paying $22,900 plus sales tax and tags. I was just wanting to see if this was a good deal or if I should have held out little longer? Granted, I did indeed do quite a bit of research on them and as I see it, I got a pretty good deal. I can't wait to drive it regularly. Thanks ahead of time for everyones input.

-Chris
    Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that it's an automatic.

-Chris
    Your deal seems fine. I always wonder, though, why people ask whether or not their deal is good after they have bought the car? If you are happy, then why worry about what others think? Do you really want someone to tell you, "Nah, the deal stinks. You left a grand on the table?" There isn't anything you can do about it now, right? Except feel lousy if you think you got ripped off.

Good luck with your Altima. The SE is one of the best looking cars on the road, IMHO. What color, by the way?
    Hi ramped1,

I was just curious to see what other people thought. I'm aware that the sale is done and theres not much I can do, but it's just nice to see what others have paid for an Altima with similar options. I did read numerous posts on this yet I couldn't find very many with a similar Altima. It's almost like a reassuring factor to see that I didn't get ripped off and if I did then I will have to work a little harder next time. Simply a learning experience.

This car is absolutely spectacular! I got the Smoke color. I really wanted the Xenon headlights and Bose system, but realized that it wasn't worth the extra money to me. Possibly a future mod. Thanks for your input.

-Chris
    Sounds great. Probably the color I would buy, myself. Keep us updated on the Altima board.
    Thanks for all the input. It has been stressful, and that's probably mostly self-induced.

You're right on the money with Classic. As I said in my earlier message, I was given asked for a ballpark, and it was agreed without hesitation.

Then, the following day, it was nixed by the SM, they wanted about a grand more, and we hadn't even gotten to the dealer fee.

But on the positive side, the rep at Bill Ray was great. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot, but I took another test drive in a 2.5S equipped with the Convenience Pkg., ABS/Side bags, and the EXTRA feature that I didn't want, a power moonroof.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but it just doesn't work for my height from the waist up in really any sedan.

I also noticed on this drive that the storage compartment in front of the gearshift was just a little out of reach for me as a convenience.

That and a request for a deposit in order to bring the vehicle in from another dealership started me looking back at Toyotas.

I really liked the Altima, but the Camry is just so familiar to me. Not sure if I'll get a good deal on one ... but as you folks have reminded me that it's not so much the deal, it's how comfortable and happy one will be with their purchase.

Thanks again for the kind advice. Going to try to deal on a Camry today.

I would like to know how you folks feel about the side and head curtain airbags. I'm really leaning towards them. Please let me know.

Best Regards!

Marc
    Sorry to hear about your experience at Classic, but not surprised.

You did the right thing by walking. Nothing wrong with a Camry, especially the SE edition with a spoiler. It's not the enthusiast's car that a Mazda 6 or Altima SE is, but it's a very good car and, IMHO, not bad looking.

I say stick with the side bags and ABS package. Well worth the money. Not sure if Toyota is still offering the $1,000 rebate in the Southeast though. Something to check on before you try your deal. Good luck.
  • civickiddcivickidd Member Posts: 8
    I went to the dealership because I had a coupon for a free "27 point inspection" for my '93 maxima, and while waiting I was checking out the altimas...I saw a couple of blue 2003 altimas (supposedly with 10-20 miles on each car), but I didn't bother haggling since I didn't know what target price I should be looking at.

Since they already have the 2005's on the lot, I was thinking of aiming for $14k+ttl..does anyone have any comments on this price? (we'll assume its a base 2.5S with auto --- the one I looked at has some useless convenience package, but I think they have base models too).
  • civickiddcivickidd Member Posts: 8
    i'll also be eligible for the graduate student discount (well...not until this may, but they claim they can work around that), and they have a $1000 loyalty rebate (my parents purchased this car new from this dealer in '93...when I asked about this, the salesman said this was only for people who purchased a car in the last 6 months from them; i'm not sure if he's lying or not).
    I think the 03 Altimas have $2,000 rebates to customers, plus some dealer cash. Check the TMV link here in New Cars.

I'm not sure they can discount a new 03 enough to make it worth your while, though. The car is already two model years old, so the depreciation is going to be brutal. If you are shopping for a bargain, I think I'd go with an 04 ($1,500 rebate) unless they give you an unbelievable deal on the 03.

You can check on used 03 prices at the Edmunds used car TMV and get enough information to make an educated guess about what you should pay for a new one.

As far as the loyalty rebate, that sounds like a service offered only by that dealer. They set their own rules, so you will have a hard time arguing against their policy.
    finally!, so I had time to go to the TMV sites here and price out a used 03 Altima in outstanding condition, low miles, with the S package (just automatic as an option). The TMV price for my zip code (Orlando) comes to 16.5K, or 17.1K certified. Seems high to me. I would want to do better than that for an 03.

According to Edmunds, the 04 Altimas have $1,500 in cash rebates in the Southeast or 0.9 percent financing for 60 months. Your region may be different. There is $350 dealer cash if the dealer meets his sales goal.

In any event, $14K plus taxes and tags may be a reach for an 03, but all they can do is say No, right?
  • shasteenshasteen Member Posts: 1
    I contacted the email/fleet sales managers in my area last week and got a 2004 2.5S, with auto, ABS, side airbags, and tinting for $17,200 (after $1500 and $500 rebate). We decided to take the rebates with 4.29% financing over the 0.9% since I hate to pay for a car over 5 years. I was a little surprised at how hard it was to find the ABS/airbags option. We went with the sonoma sunset (red) exterior and tan interior for something that looks a little sportier. I did notice what people are saying about the interiors of the 05 and 04, but to me that didn't justify paying over $2k more. So far, the experience has been great!
    And from my experience here in Greenville/Spartanburg, it is actually easier to find a Base 2.5S with ABS than a 3.5SE with the option.

I acutally saw an Altima 2.5SL with Navigational System and NO ABS.

That's CRAZY!
  • tennisshoetennisshoe Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2005 Altima 3.5SL, with splash guards, and mats for 25041 plus tax and title. Was I ripped off or is this a decent price? I wanted ABS package, but could not wait.
    What was the MSRP?

Actually, if you have a 3.5SL, you actually HAVE ABS, just not the Side airbags/TRAC.

According to an e-mail I receieved, the 3.5SL and 3.5SEs with automatic have ABS standard, while Side airbags and TRAC are optional. The SE 5spd manual and the 2.5S and 2.5S with SL pkg have the optional ABS/SAB pkg.

Nissan USA has not updated their site to show this I don't believe.

You got a good deal my friend. Especially considering the 2005s came out recently.

I had one salemen try to sell me a 2.5SL for $25K, and it didn't even have a sunroof.

I looked, laughed and walked on by.....

I went to Atlanta yesterday, and I will be glad when I get my Altima.
    What color is it.

I was in LOVE with Seascape, but they don't make it anymore. I like Mystic Emerald, but you can't get Charcoal with that color.

I will probably end up with Polished Pewter or Smoke.
  • ygglyggl Member Posts: 3
    So far I'm happy. Following are the options.

2004 Altima 2.5S Automatic
    Polished Pewter / Frost
    F01 Convenience Package
    T01 ABS & Side Airbag Package
    A95 EC Mirror w/Compass
    L92 Floor/Trunk Mat Set
    B10 Splash Guards

The price is $18,449 (after 2000 rebate) before TTL. Not sure how good the deal is. But it's the only 2.5S with ABS and Convenience Package in my area. I was in a hurry to get it.
    I cannot find a single VIN# tag at all four door openings, under hood, inside of fenders of my 2004 Altima. My previous two cars had them everywhere. That's the primary clue when I check used car for any major accident. Does your 2004 altima have those tags?
  • jimmyjimmy Member Posts: 2
    Where are you located and how did you get a $2000 Rebate? My local area dealers (D.C. Metro) and Edmunds tell me only $1500 is available.

Kudos on the deal. Even if you had only gotten a $1500 rebate you would have beat my areas Edmunds TMV price by about $500.
  • tennisshoetennisshoe Member Posts: 2
    05 3.5SL MSRP was $27,730 (sold at 25000). Color is Polished Pewter/Blond. It is very hard to find the "going rate" on the 05's, thanks for the input. I will also have to check into that ABS thing.
    I'm in Boston area. It's actually $1500 + $500 rebate. $500 rebate is for new graduate only (past 24 months). I went to Quirk Nissan. Those guys are reasonable and professional. Highly recommended.