Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Boath leese prices you wher quoted bosound good to me if you would feal a bit bitter I would shop around at a few dealers to see if it will be around what that dealer quoted to you it is a grate car shore you will love it. did you get to test drive one yet. keep us updated on if you leese an altima or not just trying to help you out have a verry grate day thankyou Marco.
  • altimabuyeraltimabuyer Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for everyone's help! I ended up with a 2009 2.5S with convenience package and splash guards but no mats (found a guy on craigslist selling a set of new ones in black for only $40!) for $20,808 before TTL.
  • icepoloicepolo Member Posts: 9
    I'm planning to buy this December a Precision Grey or Silver 2008 Altima 2.5 S CVT w/ (Convenience Plus Package). Location: NYC

1. Would the OTD be significantly lower since it's the end year?

2. Would dealers bite if i wanted to include Fog lights & Rear Spoiler without the Technology pkge which is a requirement?

3. Is there a vast difference between the 2009 & 2008 2.5S model?

If I can't able to find the specific 2008 model that I'm looking for, oh well :cry: .
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Only difference between the 2008 and 2009 models as far as I know is the different wheel cover design (doesn't apply to Convenience Plus models and higher) and automatic locking doors, I believe.

OTD won't be much lower since it's the end of the year, because Nissan has been raising the prices throughout the year (a 2009 model equipped similarly to my 2008 costs about $1000 more) But you should be able to get a deal under $21K before taxes; ask the dealer if they'll throw in the fog lights and spoiler to seal the deal.
  • player99player99 Member Posts: 5
    OK so i want to buy a 2008 altima. i have got some quotes for a base model coupe automatic added options (ex convenience pack). the MSRP on the car i been quoted is $22,405 and the invoice is $21,000. the best quote so far is $19,850 + TTL this includes tinted windows. is this a good price for an 08 model (considering that i will not get the red color since there is no more). can i have them put a spoiler for less than $20,000 and if so how much would be a good price before TTL. have any one bought a 09 base model altima coupe and if so how much did you pay. thanks everyone. by the way i am in houston texas.
  • quamazequamaze Member Posts: 5
    Everyone-

I just bought a 2009 Nissan Altima SL package (heated leather seats, sunroof, ect) out the door was about $22,500 @ 4.9% interest. With reading all of the comments here it seems like I walked away with a good deal.

What do you guys think?
  • dgentsusadgentsusa Member Posts: 8
    have a hard time believe it was 225000 out the door. Thats way below invoice.
    $22,500 was the price of the car. I had to pay 129.00 for doc fee. But the car came with tint and wheel locks. I also qualified for a recent grad discount which was like $600 off.

From your response that must have been a good deal
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    is impossible; I bet that number was before taxes.

Even before taxes, though, it's still a pretty good deal, especially for a 2009 model.
    You are correct. I am in arkansas and I told the dealer that I would pay for taxes and tag...which will be about 1400 more
  • nyo32nyo32 Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I just got a quote for 2009 Altima basic model without options for $18,949, and 2008 model for $18,495. Is this a good price? This quote is from Woodbury Nissan, NJ. Should I go lower and see if they accept my offer? I was thinking about the price range of $15K or low including tax & fees.

I rather get the 2008 model, that way I have more negotiating room. Any advice or opinions are welcome. This is my first time shopping for a new car. Thanks!!
  • adcz94adcz94 Member Posts: 11
    That is a really nice deal. I got 08 Nissan Altima 2 months ago with Sl package for 24240 OTD with 3.9 APR. But since this was the 08 SL package i got dual zone climate control plus moonroof visor, trunk organizer & aluminium kick plates in this price.
    So you did get a really good deal. Now just enjoy your car !!!!
    The sales guy also tried to offer me the same model car in a 2008 model SL for the same price. The thing they kept trying to sell me on was 2.9% interest but the cost of the car was 21800! The same as a 2009!!!! I think you can do alot better than the 18K for a 2008. Try negotiating!
  • tarkovtarkov Member Posts: 5
    Hello all. I'm new to this board, and am looking for advice. I've been receiving quotes for:

2009 Altima 2.5S (CVT) w/ conv. plus package, floor mats, and splash guards

So far, the best OTD price I've received is $24,035.00 (includes 7% sales tax). What do you think? I'm in Indianapolis, IN, thanks.
  • powerjopowerjo Member Posts: 33
    Hello.

At Conicelli Nissan Conshohocken, PA today!!

2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S Auto CVT

MSRP $22250
    Invoice $20860 + Destination charge $695 = $21555
    OTD $22275.95 <<-- this includes all [sales tax, title, license etc]

No recent graduate rebate

If I finance it $440 for 60 months with no down/security payment

If I lease it $417 for 39 months with 12000 miles

Any thoughts?

Thanks~ :lemon:
  • chrish5chrish5 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry to ask a dumb question but i'm never any good at this whole car buying process. I really had my heart set on the 07 altima (love the new body style/keyless ignition etc, but want the cheapest price possible so i have to pass on the 08). I see a huge range of prices being offered by the dealers, but i'm curious, in todays market what is a reasonable price I could possibly talk a dealer down to for an 07 2.5s with around 15,000 miles give or take.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Not sure if i need the "convenience" package I keep reading about on this site. I just care about a cd player, power windows, and keyless entry/ignition, and obviously a car thats going to last. I'm not sure if I need the convenience pkg for all that.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Yes - $420+/month payments on an Altima are ridiculous! Have you considered looking for a less expensive car..... ;) Maybe an '08???
  • jeffdtdjeffdtd Member Posts: 7
    There is currently $500 "factory cash to dealer" on the 2009, coupe and sedan.

You should have absolutely no problem going exactly $500 lower. Tell them you want $1000 lower and get them to meet you halfway
  • powerjopowerjo Member Posts: 33
    Yup, this dealer called me today and lowered the price.

Now its going to be $380 for 60 months but he switched it to 2008.. lol..
    So funny :shades:
    Sooo no help for my question then? lol
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Sooo no help for my question then? lol

Well, I don't think you can save much by purchasing a '07. I think if you can get a '07 for around $16.5K is good already.
    That sort of answers my question, i was wondering what I should be looking to get the dealer down to. In my area they are asking ridiculous prices for a 2007 altima s, with like 16,000 miles on it, they're asking for just shy of $19,000 some are even asking over 19. I can get an 08 for around that price. So would $16.5 be a good deal?
  • bsrobbibsrobbi Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2008 Nissan Altima S model (automatic), w/splash and mats, and with after-market installations by the dealership of power sunroof, leather interior and heated seats. I'm in the Dayton/Cincinnati Ohio area, and After the $1,250 discount and a $660 delivery charge, the dealer is asking $21,698--is this a good deal, or what should I shoot for?

As a piggyback question, what do aftermarket items, such as leather interior, heated seats and power sunroof add to the price of a car?
    Thanks for any help you can offer!
    So would $16.5 be a good deal?

I had a 2.5S '07 w/ 7.5K miles that I got last Aug. If I want to trade in this car now, I would expect to get very close to 16K.

So, $16.5K can be a good deal if the car is only one year old. That's another thing you need to try to find out when you purchase a fairly new car. If the original owner bought this car in late '06, it means 2 years of the warranty is already gone. If the price is higher than 16.5K, I think you should go with a new one.

However, this is just a personal opinion. I like to get a new car every 2 years. So, my opinion might be more toward getting a new one.
  • borabora9borabora9 Member Posts: 4
    I signed a lease order which listed the make, model, vin #, residual value, $500 down payment, # of months etc. However, I would like to cancel this order. I am pre approved by the manufacturer as I am a returing customer and I was told by the dealer that they do not have to run a credit check. Have not signed any other papers such as finance contracts. Is signing a lease order a binding contract? I think the dealer might give me a hard time to refund my down payment. Other than the down payment, do I have to worry about any legal problems when canceling a lease order? Thank You!
    yes should not be a problem they just might charge you sum fee for breaking the contract. sorry host rong foram I no. thanks for reading have a grate day Marco
  • russ_cruss_c Member Posts: 3
    Hey I've just received a price quote from one of my local dealers. It's the best offer I've received yet for a New 2008 Altima 2.5s automatic. The dealer quoted $18,519 +TTL.

with California's tax rate (8.25) and fees the final OTD price quote was $20,485.

Is this a good price? Also he said we could upgrade the car to leather seats for another $1495. How does this compare to other people?

Additionally they had a new 2008 2.5SL that would be OTD for $24,885. Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • adcz94adcz94 Member Posts: 11
    2008 2.5 SL should be arnd 24K OTD here in Nashville. Don't knw hw taxes in California work. But you surely have some room for bargaining.
  • dennis45dennis45 Member Posts: 10
    whats the mrsp sticker on it
    The MSRP for the 2.5s is:

$22,115

and the Invoice is:

$20,712

It's the base 2.5s with floor mats w/o hooks, emergency aid kit, and splash guards.
    The 18,519 is a very good deal. Last question, does it include rebates/promo apr and how much and what rate?
    I bought the 08 identical car with 7% sales tax plus mv fees otd $22,600
  • mitchshepherdmitchshepherd Member Posts: 3
    Looking for an Altima 2.5S with convenience package. Sticker is 24,125, Invoice (with mats and splash guards - these seem to be tacked on to all cars) 22,464, TMV 23,133.

What number should i be looking for? How much should i aim for? A couple of dealers have quoted me at invoice over the phone (hope theres no other hidden charges ect), can i hope to go lower than that?

Suggestions for any dealers that are reputable and will cut to the chase with a deal?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Mitch you shoukd be able to go under invoice assuming you're taking an 08. My msrp including destination was $24,125 and my net before rebates was $22,155 with an invoice of 22,464. Then you should get the $1,000 -1,250 rebate + 4.9 or less. A tip to use, look for a newspaper ad showing the msrp of any altima and listing the dealer discount, these cars are base models they can't move. Use that $$ discount or even better the % discount and apply it to you're model.
    The quotes ive been getting are about 300 below invoice (over the phone/net), not much of a dealer discount. they all argue that they cant go down on the car price as i want the interest rate offer @ 2.9%. Still trying and looking. Dealers seem to have held back getting back to me after initial price challenges.. part of their sales strategy? I was already lowballed a couple of times. The dealer i visited,(i want to mention names so that someone else can avoid the aggravation) Gillmans, wouldnt budge below 23,500.. thats 1k over invoice and was nickle and diming me for all the silly dress ups. Manager was absolutely no help, so we walked. (the dealership was empty, we were the only customers there) and they got to keep their precious car which already had 1300 miles on it. Dissapointing. Whats the deal on going back to a dealer that you've walked out on? do folks do that.. ?
    Yeah the $18,519 has all the rebates applicable. So with California tax rates and the "fee" I have a written quote for $20,485 OTD. I think I'm going to go for this offer as I haven't found anything that will touch it. The interest rate will depend on my credit histroy (which is very strong), but he said I have 5 days from purchase to find a better loan offer from any bank and they'll except it or I can bring my own loan.

There is no promo APR because it includes a factory incentives rebate instead. I'm not to worried about APR because I plan on paying the car off very quickly with aggressive payments so now I'm just looking for the best auto loan rate I can get...

Thanks for your help!
    Nissan has another 500 off the 1250 offered for 08 altimas = a 1750 rebate.
    @dennis145 - thanks mate, got mine for thereabouts + the 1750 rebate.
  • praveenbalapraveenbala Member Posts: 3
    I went to a local nissan dealer for test driving altima. The dealer quoted me 23,540 for 2009 altima sedan 2.5s. With connection package and convenience package included. Also they have 0%APR + $500 rebate.
    Any suggestion as how much more they will reduce the price.
    thanks.
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    Wouldn't that be a 2.5 SL if it has Connection pkg? Or is this a coupe?
  • praveenbalapraveenbala Member Posts: 3
    oh i dont think so . the SL package has more options compared to connection+convenience. this is just 2.5s sedan + conn+convenience.
  • cs1559cs1559 Member Posts: 7
    I have a quote for a 2009 Altima S with the Convenience, Convenience Plus and Connection package for $22921 (incl. $695 destination). OTD its about $24500. This includes the typical splash guards, mats, etc. This includes the 2 $500 incentives from Nissan, no special API, $300 dealer offer and an extra fee of $150 to obtain the car from another dealer (out of state).

Is this a good price? I'm thinking it is as they discounted from invoice.

Also, he indicated this dealership is far behind their traditional monthly sales. From others experience, do you think I can get them to go lower?

Thanks.
  • jmarinojmarino Member Posts: 19
    We have been searching around Northeast PA and Upstate NY for an Altima coupe .. Today we found 4 in stock at a dealer in Scranton.. The retail was $22,300 and I was offered the car for $19,800 after all rebate etc.. Is this a good price.. This is the base model S 2.5 engine and no packages just basics.. Thanks
  • leonard26leonard26 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to see what type of quotes people are getting for a 2.5SL.

I recently received a quote of $23,673 for the 2.5SL and $20,381 for a 2.5S. This is in the New York Capital District

What do you guys think of these offers?? Can I go lower? I'm also going to take advantage of the 0%APR...
    I would go for it grate price grate car keep us updated on what you do have a grate day Marco
  • judy1101judy1101 Member Posts: 6
    Hello -
    I am new to the forums. I am going to the dealer to get a 39 month lease on a 2009 Altima 2.5 S Sedan with the SL package - heated leather seats (which I guess means you also have to get the 2 convenience packages F01 and F02 - sunroof etc.) and I was wondering what I might expect the "sale price" of the car to be, as I know the lease will be based on this. Can anyone tell me the other figures used in lease determination such as residual and money factor? I'm curious to find out what kind of monthly payment I might be looking at.
    Thanks.
  • spadmanabhanspadmanabhan Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I live in bay area. I am planing to buy a 08 Altima 2.5S with Convenience Package and the dealer has quoted it for $19,000. Is this a good deal? what are the general prices that this car is being sold for?
    Thanks
  • steve007steve007 Member Posts: 1
    Looks like a good one. I live in bakersfield and I have got a better deal. I bought a new 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S with the convenience package for $19,100 (after all the rebates and lots of bargaining) and OTD was approximately about 20,600.

If you get a 09 for just $100 more you can prefer that to 08.
    Looks like a good one. I live in bakersfield and I have got a better deal. I bought a new 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S with the convenience package for $19,100 (after all the rebates and lots of bargaining) and OTD was approximately about 20,600.

I don't know how you did to get about 2K under invoice for a '09, invoice 21801 - 750$ cash = $21051, but it's really a good deal.
  • rajatarorarajatarora Member Posts: 24
    Hi! I am new here and looking for a good deal on the 2.5 S Altima + Conv. in the Philadelphia Area. Can anyone suggest something ?

I am also curious to know how steve007 was able to get the 09 for 2k < invoice. Thanks. :surprise:
  • saji1saji1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for 09 Altima with SL and connection package for $23750. It includes the rebates. Tax not included. I am in st. louis missouri. Is it a good price to buy? I am bargaining for 1k less.
    Thanks