Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cs1559cs1559 Member Posts: 7
    That is about $300 less than I got from a dealer in St. Louis for a 09 Altima S with the Convenience, Convenience Plus, Connections and SL package. I'd say you got a good deal but I am no pro at negotiating. I think I could have gotten to your price but my spouse was pushing me to get it done and didn't want me to walk away (again). We picked up the car yesterday. It is a sweet ride although its my wife's. The Bluetooth feature is cool as well as the XM satelitte, CVT, leather interior ... its all good..

BTW, we had a great experience with the salesman and the dealership. I felt the "business manager" was trying to put the hard sell on extended warranty.
  • leonard26leonard26 Member Posts: 3
    That's not a bad deal, but you could probably do a little bit better if you bargain hard. I got an offer of $23,600 over the internet with zero negotiation (but no connection package). If you look back a bunch of pages, you'll see people getting the car for 22,750 (08 i think though)

I'd be thrilled if I got it for 23 even.. good luck!
  • saji1saji1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the postings. I got it for 23500. About 25300 including ttl. Dealer gave lifetime powetrain warranty at no extra cost. I dont know how far it is useful.
    Thanks guys !!
  • pj_1pj_1 Member Posts: 2
    I am having trouble finding any 3.5 SE Manual transmission vehicles to test drive. One dealer I spoke with found a 2008 model in a nearby state. Otherwise, there really looks to be no Manual transmission 2009 3.5 SE Manual transmission vehicles in state (I checked close to 10 dealers).

Are these not being manufactured yet??? Are there others out there who had been able to test drive a 2009 3.5 SE w/Manual transmission???
  • swhondaswhonda Member Posts: 19
    Hi PJ_1!

I test drove a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE, Manual Transmission last week in Northern California. The are definitely hard to find. The Nissan Dealer I have been communicating with indicated that many dealers are not ordering very many (if any) of them. It appears the same is true for the V-6 Honda Accord Coupe, Manual. I am having the hardest time finding one of those as well. Good luck in your search!
  • rajatarorarajatarora Member Posts: 24
    Anyone know of any good deals in the Philly area for an 08 or 09 Altima 2.5S with Conv. package ?
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    you might want to look at fits mall in chambargirsg pa look on fits mall.com keep us updated on what you endup dooing have a verry good day nissan makes grate cars let me no if i can help you out any mor thanks for reading marco have a grate day.
    Hi! I was given an invoice price as 22,000 for a 09 2.5 Altima S with Conv. package.

After a trade-in (2500), including tax and a little bit of negotiation, I have it down to 20,800 total. I don't know much about dealer holdback or incentives.

Is this a good deal or do I need to try harder. I live near West Chester, PA (outside Philly). Thanks.
  • big32mikebig32mike Member Posts: 3
    I'm in northern VA and I bought a 2009 2.5SL w/ Navigation (Technology), Connection, Convenience and Convenience Plus, floor mats, spoiler, aluminum kick plates, and fog lights for $25750 - $750 cash back + TTL (including destination of $695). I hope that helps anyone. It worked out to about $2000 under invoice. This was on November 26th.
  • praveenbalapraveenbala Member Posts: 3
    I got a 2009 Altima S with Convenience, Convenience Plus and Connection package for 22000. OTD price came around ~23900 with 0%APR and this is in Southern California.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who have been frustrated by some manufacturers’ tendency to place safety related vehicle options into expensive packages. Have you ever wanted to equip a vehicle with specific safety features that required the purchase of an entire package? If so, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, December 12.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wornworn Member Posts: 1
    Paid cash
  • velcrobotsvelcrobots Member Posts: 5
    December 2008 - $871 total out of pocket at signing, $320/month. 39 months/12K miles.

Did I get ripped off?
  • d_frinkd_frink Member Posts: 9
    Does the $320/mo include taxes, title and license? If so, I think that is a good deal - I'm trying to get the same one from a dealer here. Did you get leather seating?
    yeah that's the total payment monthly. Leather seating, heated, Bose 6-disc, dual climate control, the whole deal. the only thing we didn't get was the technology package i think - no navigation.
    Also had small things like aluminum kickplates, splash guards, mats, etc. No fog lights. Nice car.
  • judy1101judy1101 Member Posts: 6
    That sounds like a great deal velcrobots! What state are you in? I'm going to use your example when I go to the dealer. If I can get him to do the same deal - I'm taking it!
    I'm in New Jersey.
    Thanks. I'll tell my dealer I'll drive from Ohio to New Jersey to buy it if he doesn't match the deal you got. ;-)
    Hi! Velcrobots - Which dealer in Jersey did you get that deal from ? I am in Philly and would consider driving across the bridge to buy an Altima. Thanks.
  • cwsiggycwsiggy Member Posts: 3
    semi sorta decent deal. Ardmore Nissan (suburb of PHiladelphia)

09 Nissan Altima SL (both convenience packages of course also) with Connection - Radiant Silver with Black Leather automatic 4 dr - mats, kick plates (yay) and oh boy...... first aid kit.

$23,399 + taxes, and tags /registration ------- OTD = $25,008. Picking it up Friday.

Fitzmall still kills it though (though to be fair - it depends on what color and how long it's been sitting there. The guy at Fitzmall basically explained the differences in price (as I couldn't figure out why the silver with black leather with less accessories was slightly higher - he basically said it simply depends how long it's been sitting on the lot )

All in all - they were pretty darn close to Fitzmall's pricing with connection.

Very friendly saleswoman.

Whoever got that price a few pages back for like 22,000 with connection .... good lord...
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Fitzmall still kills it though (though to be fair - it depends on what color and how long it's been sitting there. The guy at Fitzmall basically explained the differences in price (as I couldn't figure out why the silver with black leather with less accessories was slightly higher - he basically said it simply depends how long it's been sitting on the lot )

1. Silver is still a popular color.
    2. I think dealers have a certain time period that they don't pay interest/fee after the delivery. So, they might be willing to give more discount on those cars which have been sitting in the lot for 30 days than those they just unload from the trucks.
  • 1surfnutt1surfnutt Member Posts: 2
    I'm in So. CA., Orange County....... I want the Altima sedan (4cyl.) with SL package and both conv. packs and the connection pack. The kick plates, mats and splash guards. My quotes are way over what anything anyone has said in here. I saw someone in So. CA. said they paid $23,900 OTD with 0 finance!!! Where was that??? Of course, when I mention the prices I saw on the Edmunds forums, they say......OH, that cant be true! Well, is it because I'm a woman or they just dont care about selling a car. I'm about ready to go back to the Mazda dealer for the Mazda6. My sister says try a Autobroker . I'm ready to buy before Christmas so can anyone help me out? Thanks so much
    I want the Altima sedan (4cyl.) with SL package and both conv. packs and the connection pack. The kick plates, mats and splash guards. My quotes are way over what anything anyone has said in here. I saw someone in So. CA. said they paid $23,900 OTD with 0 finance!!!

Hmmm, the invoice for this car is 25.5K... to get 23.9K OTD, the sale price is probably around 21.7K +TTL.

I don't know how that person can get 3.8K under invoice plus 0%. I think you need to work REALLY hard to get such deal.
  • 1surfnutt1surfnutt Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, most of the other posts are between 25 and 26K OTD Maybe I can find that kind of a deal. I have one more place I'm going to try. If not, I will still consider the Mazda6, Accord and Camry. Thanks for responding so quick.
    I think 25-26K OTD is reasonable. That's about 2-3K under invoice. I just don't know how that person can get such a deal.

Can you get 3K under invoice on the '09 Mazda 6?
  • jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    Got a quote for 23,000 for this car. Is this a good deal? Everything but leather and tech package. Im located in the Philly area.
    Thanks to this board and people like velcrobots I just leased a 2009 Altima SL w/connection package. It has all the niceties; Heated Leather seating, Bose 6-disc stereo with XM radio, dual climate control, bluetooth - just no navigation system. This is my first bluetooth car - wow - so cool! I didn't think I needed this feature, now I don't know how I could go with out it. I did all my negotiating with the dealer over the internet. We only met in person after the deal was set and I came in to sign the papers and drive away. I know I approached this the way you're NOT supposed to, that is looking at a monthly payment, but that's what was important to me in keeping with my budget. Final deal: $295 per month for a 39 month lease includes TTL. No down payment, no trade-in. First month's payment due at signing. I can live with that. I know the dealer can manipulate the numbers to his advantage, but I really needed to stick to my monthly payment budget. The gross capitalized cost for the car on the lease is $24,148 and the residual value is $16,437. But that's OK because I will turn it in at the end, not purchase it. I really think this is a great time to be in the market for a car. I stuck to my price and even though they tried to get me to budge, they finally sent me an email that said "you win". Thanks again everyone! :)
    Jimin327 - Which dealership are you working with ? I am in Philly too and looking for a car with less options.
  • jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    i was working w/ a few. Peruzzi in Langhorne, Sloane in Glenside, O'Neill in Warminster, and Colonial in Feasterville. I got that price from Colonial.
  • HoopsFanDREHoopsFanDRE Member Posts: 1
    I just got $23,750 OTD (including all taxes, registration and fees) for an 09 Altima 2.5SL in the Washington, DC area. It was hard work to get it that low. I used Edmunds.com request a quote tool and then started competing about 5 dealers against each other over email for about a week. I went to talk to the final 3 in person this weekend. I walked out of the 1st one after they offered $23,950 - went to the other one who was willing to do $23,750 plus free kickplates, floormats, splashguards and moonroof wind deflector. Seems like dealers are willing to make great deals in this market - especially if you have proof of another offer at a lower price.

And get this - another dealer was willing to do $22,600 OTD if I took one of their in-stock SL models but my wife and I didn't like the color. So we basically paid an extra $1,150 for the color of our choice and the accessories. Hope this helps.
  • rbcooperrbcooper Member Posts: 8
    Can you tell me besides the first month $295 what else you paid at signing and what state you are in? Thanks and enjoy your new Altima!
    I'm in Ohio. The dealers are feeling the crunch and are ready to deal. It is a great time to be a buyer. Stick to your price. They will come to you asking what it will take to complete the deal. For me, it took $295 at signing (which was really the first month's payment - so it was the same as nothing down) and $295/mo 39 months (38 more payments) and 12k miles.
    Looking for - Purchase - 2.5S + Conv. Package

My fiance and I were in the Bensalem Area last night and decided to visit a couple of dealerships. Our first visit to Colonial was short and not very great because they were NOT willing to budge from their price of 20,300 - including 1500 rebate + t/t = 21,699

We then went to Peruzzi and had a much better experience. The Business Manager, Mike is a great guy and seemed more willing to make a deal. The final price he gave us was 21,471 OTD. When I threw in my trade-in, it came down to about 19,600 OTD, 1800 for my trade-in. It was getting really late and I have a feeling he will call me today and hopefully beat that price.

I really think I can do better than that, will keep looking. :)
  • logitech185logitech185 Member Posts: 1
    I live in NJ. I got a best quote of 25,340+tax+titles&tags for a 2009 ALTIMA 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT). The quote includes destination and handling fee, doc fee and nissan rebates. Can anyone suggest if this is a good deal? I am still working on the financing option.
  • skp799skp799 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat. The best I got for 2.5S + convenience + floor mats (no splash guards) is 21,200 OTD after bargaining. I do see that one guy got his 20,700 OTD few pages ago. Also, I have college grad discount.

Are you using college grad rebate? because if u r getting 21,400 without that, my 21,200 isn't that good! this is in OH.
    Wow, great deal Judy! Congrats, enjoy the car and have a great holiday!
    Hi! skp799 - I am not using College Grad Rebate, I was told that I do not qualify (I did graduate in the last two years) - maybe I should ask that again. The price I have is without it.

He basically took the invoice price 22000 - 608 (dealer holdback) - 1500 (rebate) + 230 (internal dealer cost) + tax (6%) + tags (200) = 21470.

I have also done some calculations (plenty of websites, bankrate.com) and found that the 0% financing over 3 years saves you about $1200 in interest compared to getting the rebates. Yes, your payment is higher but you pay off the car in 3 years @ 0%.
  • ucsopucsop Member Posts: 3
    What Ohio dealer/city were you able to get that deal? TIA
    skp799:

Here is the dealership that gave me the deal I posted earlier.
    Ken Ganley Nissan
    Medina, OH
    rajatora, how 'bout your dealer? TIA
    It was Peruzzi Nissan outside Philadelphia. I have realized that this negotiation was assuming the 1500 rebate which means I cannot get the 0% financing. So, I have visited two more dealers since then -

a. All-Star Nissan (Devon, PA)
    >Invoice Price - 22,042
    >Negotiated Price - 20,000 OTD (includes $1500 for trade-in, 6% tax and dealer installed bluetooth - BlueConnect)

b. Exton Nissan (Exton, PA)
    >Invoice Price - 22,177 (has kick plates)
    >Negotiated Price - 19,466 OTD (includes $1800 for trade-in, 6% tax)

Both for 0% financing, 2.5 S Conv. Package, Splash Guards, Floor Mats.

I do want bluetooth, so I might get a parrot installed for about $260 or so (unit and installation). Have not made up my mind yet. Hope this helps. :shades:

-Rajat
    This does not seem competitive. Or perhaps I am missing a few details? What is your take on this offer?

2.5S with conv package + mats + guards + tax (6.5) and all fees = 23K financed at 0% over 3 years.
    I am not sure of the rebates you got. There is a $500 grad rebate (if graduated within 2 yrs). Also, OTD it seems a little bit high to me. Invoice price for your vehicle is about 22 K, 6.5% tax is about 1430 and if you have 23K OTD then dealer is only giving you 430 off total price. I think you can push for more. Use the power of the internet. :D
  • kkuskkus Member Posts: 4
    I got a newspaper ad deal in Houston, which is sale price $16,299+TTL=$17,510 OTD. Dealer installed option is only tint window and lock pin stripe. It is with auto CVT.

MSRP is $20,595, and Invoice is $19,078.

It is base model without any radio/cd player, that is the only thing I will go to BestBuy to install. Is this deal good?
    It is base model without any radio/cd player, that is the only thing I will go to BestBuy to install. Is this deal good?

It's a really good price but I cannot imagine driving a car w/o a keyless entry. Also, the Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition is almost a must have feature.

Personally, if I only need to add, say 1500, to get a 2.5S, I will get the 2.5S instead.
    It does have the Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, but no keyless entry...
    Sorry, I just look at the specs. on nissan website.

Hmmm, it's weird that it has Intelligent Key but no keyless entry? So, the buttons on the remote is not working?
    Sorry it has keyless entry, my misunderstanding. I thought it is like a feature of intelligent key which means when I approach to my car I don't need push button of unlock to enter.:-)
  • swdavisswdavis Member Posts: 1
    I got an OTD offer of 17345 for an S model, auto with mats, after trading in a 95 Corolla with 104k miles that needs about $1000 worth of repairs to pass inspection (although they can fix it for less).

This is a demo car with 4600 miles but has never been titled so it just takes this amount off of my warranty mileage.

This seems pretty good to me, at least 900 less than any other offers.
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    SWD