Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• savyshopper1savyshopper1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I bought my car last month :) , July 09, and its loaded with all except the nav system, spoiler, and fog lights at IRA Nissan in Tewksbury, MA. I love the Bose speakers and the sunroof is so sweet. I really like the CVT as I was traded in a 5-speed manual so its a totally different ride. It only took a month to stop trying to shift. I also sprang for the Autobahn as my old car was getting pinged daily by trucks on the highway on my way to work. I thought it worth the money and yes I talked him down in price. The g/m Ed is/was wonderful. :blush:

My girlfriend liked my car so much and had a 2001 explorer that she traded hers in over the weekend and did the clunker deal. She is getting the Autobahn and the resistall package too. ;)

My question is this??? Do any of you have any experience with the Resistall? Should I get it too? Its not cheap and I am tapped and trying to justify speading the money on it. I dont want to be the friend with the worse looking of the 2 cars. What should I do? What would you do?
    :confuse:
  • coolvistacoolvista Member Posts: 11
    Hi Stephonyk,
    Can you please tell me how much you paid of your Altima Coupe?
    (Please give some details about pkg and price paid includes dest or not)

I am negotiating both Accord nd Altima coupe.
    I am getting Accord EXL V6 $1700 below invoice (if I buy silver and $1500 if I buy gray-my fav) and
    I am getting Altima Coupe with prem pkg + $1500 rebate.
    Which one should I prefer?

Thanks a lot.
    Cool :shades:
  • stephonykstephonyk Member Posts: 6
    I opted for the warranty because I went with 15k miles a year so I would not be covered from 36k-45k. I guess it is more of a piece of mind thing. I am completely happy with my choice to go with the Altima...especially when I see an Accord driving down the road!!! Everyone has one in MN it seems and I have not yet seen one other Altima! As long as we are each happy with our vehicles...that's all that matters!! Oh and you are always required to put money down on a lease...at least 2k because it includes the 1st payment and TTL.
    The MSRP was $29,XXX. It is the 2.5 S with the premium package. I leased it so if you are buying my figures will be completely different. I traded in a vehicle on it, put money down, got the warranty, and extended miles. I had 1k in negitive equity on my vehicle trade so I put 3k down to cover that as well as TTL and first months payment...(and I wanted low monthly payments.)

I looked at the Accord EX-L as well and there were tons of them at each of the dealerships and I had to look everywhere just to find one Altima. Luckily I found ONE and I got it! And I have received SO many compliments on it. I love the Infiniti G37 (but it's a little out of my price range) and I think the Altima looks like it and other people have told me that too! :)

I just compared what I would get in each of the vehicles and the Altima came out way ahead. I also like it because it is a little smaller. The more I looked at the Accord the looonger it seemed to get/look. Haha. I mean it's a nice looking vehicle but I think I would get sick of it faster and it lacks a lot that the Altima has....and after having it for a few years...it will be waaay behind in the times and you will be looking for and wanting more.

I love that my Altima has the Bose stereo system, integrated bluetooth phone, push button start, and simple things like the info monitor that tells you how many miles you have til you are empty on gas. I mean...that's not even standard on the Accord and my sisters 2001 car has that! Just little things like that that you will use every day are a big deal..well to me at least. I guess it also depends on what type of vehicle you are coming from and what it has. I had one with a lot of features and so it was hard to go backwards from that.

Good luck!!!
    I have received quote for Altima Coupe 2.5S + Premium pkg + Tech pkg + Dest = $25560.
    Accord EXL V6 Coupe + dest = $25600
    Which one is a good deal?
    Please help me, I am confused :confuse: between Civic Si, Accord EXL, Altima (all coupes) :lemon:
  • valdorravaldorra Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 09 Altima to replace my aging 02 Chrysler Concorde LTD.
    I think I did OK on price, but I would welcome a second opinion.
    I went to Browns Nissan in Fairfax and over the course of a week I narrowed the price down to what I thought was acceptable. I also traded in a clunker (96 Grand Caravan) so I was able to get an additional $3500 off the negotiated price. I settled on a "Radiant Silver" Altima S with a gray interior, mats and splashguards but no other extras or packages. (Dealer invoice for the car was $20,044.89) The S gives you a nice radio and CD player, power windows and locks and the cool push button starter.
    My final cost (clunker rebate included) out the door tax, tags, everything, was $15,850.00 plus 3 free oil changes. I also will get another $50 cash back later on the $5000 downpayment on my credit card. I paid the remainder by check the next day.

I like the car alot, though milage is not quite what I expected and the engine noise is pretty loud I am quite satisfied. I think I did about as well as I could on price, but I will leave that to others to judge, could I have done better?.
    I am kind of partial...but I would totally go with the Altima!!!!! Read all the reviews you can on formus, TSBs on the vehicles, complaints owners have about each of them, etc etc. Do your research and you will make the right decision :)
  • haze09haze09 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a precision grey 2.5S on Saturday.
    Nice car. Only put about 80 miles on her so far.
    Still not used to the push button Start/Stop.

:)
    NICE!!! You will love it! Yeah it was a little weird getting used to the push button for me as well...mostly because I kept forgetting I needed my remote to get in and start my car. It will become normal soon though I'm sure. I have just over 500 on mine and it's perfect! Just had the windows tinted on Saturday too...looks sooooooooooooo nice now!!!!!
  • njsummernjsummer Member Posts: 1
    ...anyone bought 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5S + Convenience Package in New Jersey?

the best price i got is:

$20891 car after $1500 rebate
    $1462.37 sales tax
    $7.5 tire tax
    $295 doc fee

total $22655.87 i feel this price still too high, but i can't make them lower the price. ...........if anyone get a lower price than this recently, please advise.

you can sent me email also: qinglong888@hotmail.com

thanks
    I am not sure abt Jersey but in CA I got a good deal today which I will finalize 2moro.
    Altima coupe 2.5s + Conv pkg + Moon roof = $21250 + Fees (This includes dest. and Floor Mat and includes -$1500 rebate as wel).

I think I will buy this car 2moro :shades:
  • dove8dove8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi njsummer,
    In what part of CA are you in? Cause I am about to purchase, actually I am gonna lease a Altima Coupe 2.5s. with about any extra pkg ($300/m) do you think is a good deal? The price that you got it sound pretty good. Do you think price changes between purchasing and leasing? I am around LA area.
    I will appreciate your response.
    Thank you.
  • ram5014ram5014 Member Posts: 3
    Most of dealer in the Northwest already have their 2010 on the floor now.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Most of dealer in the Northwest already have their 2010 on the floor now.

Can you give me a couple links to those dealer so that I can take a look at the pictures? I try to search w/ several dealers in WA and Oregon area and I couldn't find a 2010 Altima. I found some website w/ the 2010 hybrid but I don't think the picture is for the 2010 Altima.
  • lsu_tigerlsu_tiger Member Posts: 2
    2009 Altima 2.5S with the following options:
    * Splash Guards
    * Convenience Package
    * Convenience Plus Package
    * 2.5 SL Package
    * Connection Package

Accessories
    * Floor Mats and Trunk Mat with Trunk Floor Hooks
    * Aluminum Kick Plates

MSRP $27,590

Sales price was $22,732 (after $1500 rebate) + TTL + dealer fees. Got it for $24,500 out the door. :)

Came with a full tank of fuel, coupon for a 2nd full fill up, Nitrogen in the tires, 1st oil change free, and my father-in-law got a $100 finder's fee from the dealer for bringing us in. He did the leg work for us since we did not have the time to go around to the 3 dealers in town.

Dealer was Round Rock Nissan in TX. Was our first new car buying experience and it went very smoothly, especially since my father-in-law did all the negotiating up front and had the deal ready when we walked in.
  • lock22golf33lock22golf33 Member Posts: 6
    TMV shows $23,014, but the best I can do is $23,200, which includes the $1500 rebate.

Still good?
  • lsu_tigerlsu_tiger Member Posts: 2
    What's the base MSRP of the car? And what's the MSRP of the options?
  • tacticalbuytacticalbuy Member Posts: 5
    Got my new 2.5S with Convenience, Convenience Plus, splashguards, emergency kit, aluminum sill plates and carpets, MSRP $25,030, for $21,500 + state tax+state fees (after $1500 rebate). A little under invoice, and no bs dealer fees - feel happy with the deal :)

This was in Boston, MA area
  • nycmasternycmaster Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to buy a new 2009 Altima and take advantage of dealers wanting to move inventory in NYC metro. I want a blue or super black Altima 2.5 S with absolutely no packages or options. I also want to get 60 months financing at 0% and get the $1000 cash back offer for buying the '09 model.

What price (including charges but before taxes and cash back) do you guys think is a good price to stand my ground on? What can I get away with demanding and how should I go about this

THANKS!
  • rvaidyanrvaidyan Member Posts: 5
    Just as a starting point, here's some info for you. The best price I was offered (and at which I purchased the vehicle) for a 2.5S with only splash guards and aluminum kick plates was $17,500 +TTL AFTER all rebates and incentives. At that time, there was a $1500 rebate which was applied in my case. So, the pre-rebate price was $19,000.

This was on June 30 when they were desperate to meet end-of-quarter quotas, so you may not be able to get this now.
    rvaidyan I appreciate the advice. Did you walk in to a bunch of dealerships or did you just pick up the phone and call them? I'm also wondering if I have to go 40 miles away for the best deal if I'm going to be forced to get serviced at that location only
  • knoxnissanknoxnissan Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys,
    I am getting a quote of $19,395 here in Knoxville TN for a 2009 Altima 2.5 S with very basic options - floor mats, kick plates, and splash guards. Could you guys advice what should I offer? Any help will be very valuable for me.

Thanks
    V
  • rvaidyanrvaidyan Member Posts: 5
    Actually, I started with truecar.com and used that to settle on a "great" price. Look at the actual sales data from your region on that site and you'll know the best deals people have been able to get. Than I just requested a quote using Edmunds from Twin Cities dealerships (2.5 hours away). I took the best offer I got via email to my local dealership and said that I'd be willing to buy from them if they could match it, but I would have no problem driving 2.5 hours to pick it up.
  • jf2737jf2737 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2009 Altima 2.5SL. My question has to do with the warranties/protection plans.

1. Is it possible to get both an extended warranty AND a maintenance plus service plan or can you only get one or the other?

2. I decided not to buy any extended plans from the dealership as I felt the prices were too high. Anyone recommend a place to buy these plans at a cheaper price than what the dealership offered?

Thanks for any advice.
    Hi,

I bought the exact same car. I also sprang for the resist all. I tend to keep cars forever so I decided it was good for me. I dont regret the decision. I also thought the warranty was too expensive at the dealership. I did a lot of research and found www.directwarranty.com has the best prices and value for the money. I hope this helps. Good luck! :shades:
  • sbaltimasbaltima Member Posts: 7
    Hi guys:

I'm interested in buying a new 2009 Altima, and have been sending out emails to the local dealerships. I'm living in California.

So far, the lowest OTD price I got is $20507 for the basic model (2009 Nissan Altima 2.5)? Is this a good buy now? :confuse:

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)
    Hi,

I bought my Altima 2.5 SL leather, tushy warmers, tech package, blue tooth, and bose speakers, convenience 1 and 2. The only thing I didnt get was the NAV system. I also got the autobaund with MASS tax and paid 23100. I am not sure the basic model $ you are being quoted is the best deal but I did get it on the other side of the country and 1500 dealer cashback deal.
    I love this car and very happy with my decision. I love the blue tooth and the stereo is great. I reccomend the bluetooth as the laws will change regarding handheld phones as they have in some states aleady....Its a great feature. Good luck :shades:
    Just bought a new 2.5 S myself last week (note the S), and paid $19,915 + tax & registration AND got 0% financing for 5 full years (if I didn't choose the 0% I would have gotten an extra $1,750 off instead). Included floor mats and emergency aid package. So if the lowest price you're getting for a non-S is 20,500 you need to find new dealers to contact stat
    ...remember that there's 10% CA sale tax + about 300-500 registration. Also, there was an additional 1000 cash last week. So, I think 18K + TTL today for a base Altima is good. It can be better if s/he can wait.
    Hi gooddela2, nycmaster:
    Thanks for the info!

I changed my mind to buy a 2.5S since I found out the 2.5 doesn't have the radio :mad: .

So far, the best offer for the 2.5S is $18499+TTL. And the OTD is 20,707. Is this good?

I looked in the forum and found somebody was offered 17615 :surprise:

Is this mainly because of different locations?
    Hi, guys:

I'm in LA area. I'm interested in buying a new 2009 Altima 2.5S.

So far, the best offer for the 2.5S is $18499+TTL. And the OTD is 20,707. Is this good?

I read some posts in the forum and found somebody was offered 17615 :surprise:

Is this mainly because of different locations?
    What are the financing terms?
    I think 18.5 + TTL is very good. I don't think you can get much lower. Like I mentioned earlier, there was additional 1k cash bonus that was ended on Oct. 18.
    Hi gooddeal2
    Thanks for the info. :)
    I just bought the car. The only bad news is we thought we are qualified for the $500 student discount. But it turns out we are not.

The final price we paid is 18999. And the OTD is 21200.
    Well, I don't want to mess up w/ your joy now. That's one of the tactic they try to use to increase the price unless you mentioned to them during the negotiation that you're qualified for the student discount.

Anyways, 19K is o.k but you should just split the diff. ($500) w/ the dealer .
    Hi gooddeal2:

You didn't mess up with our joy. What happened is that we are aliens and my wife doesn't have a SSN.
    At the end of the paperwork, the deal found out that problem and said: sorry, you are not qualified.

I do have another question to ask since you look like the expert here.
    They tried to sell me this 7-year/100k miles extended warranty for $1995. Is this worth the money? We probably will keep the car for several years.
    I know we can get warranty from a third-party, like www.directwarranty.com. But is there any tricks in the third-party warranty? :confuse:

Thanks! :D
    Sorry, I cannot help you w/ that cuz I never purchase an extended warranty but you can read more Here
    They said it is 5.99%. :mad:

But I decided to pay them one check since I also traded in my car and the remaining amount is not that much.
    Thanks! :)
  • fauji1fauji1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2009 Altima from Stevens Creek Nissan in San Jose about two weeks ago and the dealership told me that the $500 rebate for college grads will sent in mail. Is that how you guys received it or was it applied at the time of purchase? I am having thoughts that I may not actually get that money after all. Thanks in advance for your response!
    I got mine right away 5 years ago. It's easier if you just call Nissan but I doubt you can do much at this time.
  • altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    I want to finance a 3.5 se can anyone tell me some good deals on an 07 or 08 I'm trying to purchase within the next few months or so. I have an 05 altima but I'm going to give to my little brother because I am so in love with the new design so if anyone can help I would appreciate. Also I'm in New Orleans but even if you find deals in Texas I would appreciate it. Thanks :)
  • naigemoncournaigemoncour Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

Currently I'm looking around the new 2010 Altima 2.5S (base) in MD and VA (and some people told me that I should also check out NJ since there might have good deal?) The best quote I can get by now in MD is $19,717+TTL ($20,900 OTD) and $19,852+TTL ($20,447 OTD) in VA.

I am wondering how will be possible price I can negotiate with the dealer (I'm not a good negotiator but will try my best) and wondering if anybody hear good deals for this model? :confuse:

Thank you so much!
  • highlander123highlander123 Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,
    I am in the market to buy either a 2009 Accord or Altima. I searched one of our dealer site and the price showing is $17040 before TTL and tax. I am not sure it is 2.5 or 2.5 S. But from MSRP, it looks like a 2.5 S. By the way, I am not familiar with the models of Altima. What is the difference between them? Pleas advise. I do see there is an current incentive of $1750 for Altima. Guess this is why the price is low now? Thanks. John

MSRP $22,570 Internet Price $17,040
    Bodystyle
    4 door Sedan
    Engine 2.5L I-4cyl
    Ext. Color
    Super BlackInt.
    Color
    Carbon
    Stock Number 000N9847
    VIN
    1N4AL21E69N545112
    If you can get a 2.5S for 17K + TTL, it's a screaming deal. I bet they will try to tell you that the price is 17K + destination + fee + TTL.

You can look at the diff. between 2.5 and 2.5S on the Nissan website. I think 2.5 doesn't come w/ push button, CD player and a couple more stuff.
  • easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
    So I've read all the posts back to April but I don't recall which package is which. My local (Colorado) dealer has more '09s on his lot than '10s and the "special" signs say "up to $4500 savings". Anyway I drove a 2.5 S (I think it was S), leather, heated seats, homelink. MSRP was $27,500 or thereabouts.

The sales guy tries to tell me that the price he quoted me, about 3900 off MSRP was a smoking deal but I figured I need to come here and study a bit. I'm going over to the TMV calculator but thought some real world info from you all would be as good or better. Shoot, it's November and the holidays are getting close, I can't believe they wouldn't want to really knock the price down some.

BTW, it's all cash, no trade and they also want $500 handling, which I already told him and his manager was laughable.

I wish they had a power pax seat available.

If they can't can't right I might be back at the Subie store.

Thanks

easypar
    Actually, I think the diff. The dealer that has the most inventory on their lot at this late means they don't want to deal. They think that they let other dealers deal first and then when other dealers only have mostly 2010 (= higher price), they can sell the '09 with not as much as discount.

I saw this pattern in my area when I was looking at the Accord a couple years ago. I saw a dealer w/ only 20 Acccords offered a great deal. So, I think I should go to a dealer w/ about 50 Accords for a better deal but their price was about 2K higher than the dealer w/ less Accords.
  • sneakypete1sneakypete1 Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to share my purchase
    I purchased a 3.5SR sedan.
    Car came with Sport, Premium, and Technology Packages

MSRP was $31,945.
    Purchase price was $26,000 before TTL fees.
    There are great deals to be had out there.
    Wow...3.3K under invoice for the 2010?

Where is the dealer?
  • sneakypete1sneakypete1 Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if we can say the dealership name on this forum. They are located in the the Northwest Suburbs of Illinois. I can be a little more specific (town) if anyone is near the area and is interested.