Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• antonio1antonio1 Member Posts: 27
    Sure, what is the name of the town??? Thanks :D
  • maxima1274maxima1274 Member Posts: 4
    I would like to know the name of the dealer as well. I live in the in the
    suburbs of Chicago as well. You are allowed to mention names of dealers along with city and state.
  • sneakypete1sneakypete1 Member Posts: 5
    Dealer was M'Lady Nissan in Crystal Lake, IL.
    The vehicle purchased was in stock/on the lot, which was one of the points of negotiations.
    Just got a quote from them for a 2010 Altima SR with premium plus sport packages, which is exactly what I want. They are asking 25k plus ttl.

Do you think I can get it down to 22k plus ttl?
    Sorry I meant to say 24k plus ttl.
  • sneakypete1sneakypete1 Member Posts: 5
    Just so we are clear they quoted 25K, and you are targeting 24K? Do they have the vehicle in stock?

According to my research, MSRP is $30,160 (with floor mats) and invoice is $27,702

24K may be difficult, since that would be 3,700 below invoice. You can try to aim for 24.5K, but 25K is an excellent quote.

I assume the price they quoted you is with the additional $500 nissan black friday rebate, in addition to the current $500 rebate ($1000 total in current rebates).

The dealer has a referral program, and they will make one of my car payments if you end up buying a car from them. Email me before you go in to buy the car if you want to help me out ;)
  • paresidentparesident Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    Is 21808 plus TTL for 2009 Altima 2.5 SL with packages that add upto 27730 in MSRP a good price ?

dealer is offering 3.9 APR finance with it. I am in Philly region.
    Mukesh
  • sundialsundial Member Posts: 1
    I am in the Tampa Bay area. Looking at a 2010 Altima Coupe CPE 3.5 SR loaded. MSRP of $33,610 incl Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Leather, Dest. $720. Cash deal. What would be my best price (not incl. dealer fees +TTL)?? I need help.
  • fatbolletfatbollet Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a 2.5S (Black/frost) yesterday for 19,900 +TTL. Had the dealer throw on Nissan alloy wheels and spoiler to get the deal done. No money down 0% APR for 36 months. Now i'm thinking I should have gone with an SL. Did I at least get a decent deal?
    forgot to mention, this is a 2010, 4 door.
  • _kimberly__kimberly_ Member Posts: 3
    I want to purchase a new Altima... should I also purchase the extra warranties they offer with the price of the car? Are there better offers elsewhere? :confuse:
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    It's a really good deal even w/o the 0%.
  • platano1platano1 Member Posts: 2
    THERE;S NO SUCH A THING 10-15 % UNDER INVOICE THAS BULL CRAP. THE DEALER BARRELY GIVE UP HOLD BACK . AND NO INDEPENDED RESEACH WEBSITE NEVER POSTED THAT MUCH DISCOUNT ON A VEHICLE MAN PLEASE DONT LIE TO US MEN ...PLEASE!!!!LIKE JAMES BROWN USED TO SING PLEASE!!!!!!!!>> :mad:
  • altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    Hi I found a 07 Altima 3.5se with a wing spoiler,etc. For $16,992(new orleans area) so is this a good price or can I get it for cheaper I really need to know because I would hate to pay more than I should. Anyone can tell me what to do Please let me know Asap!
  • paresidentparesident Member Posts: 2
    Hi fatbollet,
    Looks like a good price. Where did you get it from ?

Thanks
    MB
  • bb700092bb700092 Member Posts: 16
    09 Altima 2.5SL (convenience pkg, convenience plus pkg, SL pkg, connection pkg, floor & trunk mats, splash guards)

MSRP: $27,420 (including destination)
    Sale price: $24,810 (before any rebates)
    6% FL tax: $1,500
    Dealer fee: $500
    TTL: $xxx
    Total: $27,200

Labor day weekend rebate: $1,000
    New grad rebate: $500

OTD price: $25,700 @ 0% apr for 60 months

Dealer threw in free tint.

If I opted for the $1,250 cashback (instead of 0% apr), my OTD price would have been $24,450.
    Lithia Springs, GA. Team Nissan. Purchased on 11/30/09.
  • ucfphi225ucfphi225 Member Posts: 18
    My buddy just got a 2010 SL leased for $347 a month, no money down at all. I'm looking at buying one, was thinking of going used, but some of these prices you guys are getting are pretty close to what Carmax wants for a slightly used version...
  • java4yogijava4yogi Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Ive read a lot of viewpoints from everybody, unfrotunately am not a good negotiator and scared of these dealer tactics, Last time I tried 4 years back, they started to charge me 750 and 1500 for special paint job on the car..went for a used car instead..

Now, need a new Altima 2.5S 2010, and requested for Internet quotes, am getting offer like this
    a) 19541 + tax + fees
    b) Second offer OTD 22870

Could pls help me with this one, are these good offers ? or what is the best I can get OTD..I am in Southern California, near LA. :confuse: I just want to go in and get the car..Would prefer going through Internet department and getting the car..

Thanks Gurus !!!!!!
  • mhtnmhtn Member Posts: 21
    This is for the Houston area.

Can I do any better ?
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    Just drove a 2008 demo that was driven by a member of the owner's family - hard to believe but the owner's grand mother.
    Car has never been titled and has only 4700 miles. They assure me that it has a new car warranty. Sticker is $32,910 and includes splash guards, floor mats, rear spoiler, Technology package and Vehicle dynamic control with full size spare. Car drove awesome. Have no idea even how to approach buying a two year old model year new car. Any ideas? Edmunds shows this same car as CPO would be $26,489 - which seems way too high for an '08.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • jp4120jp4120 Member Posts: 1
    just wondering the opinion of this price because I bought in a hurry but used the internet to get prices to use as leverage between dealers
    2010 convenience pkg, convenience plus pkg, premium audio pkg
    $23,700 less $1000 factory rebate
    $22,700 plus tax&tags

could I have done better?
  • motonationmotonation Member Posts: 34
    ^^^^ The Edmunds.com invoice price is 24.2k, and it says "others" are paying 24.9k, so I'd say you got a good deal.

I just looked at them tonight...nice ride...enjoy!
  • vuabip00vuabip00 Member Posts: 5
    i just got an offer from a local dealership for the 2009 Altima Coupe with a Convience package for $22,500 OTD after all the rebate and negotiate...

so what do ya think about this? Deal or No Deal ..thanks
  • milangelmilangel Member Posts: 3
    Currently get the best offer as:

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT
    Silver exterior, Black interior
    -Convenience Package
    -Premium Package

39 Month Lease
    12k miles/year
    $3,000 TOTAL down
    Monthly Payment: $299/month plus tax
    TOTAL Monthly Payment including tax: $328/month

MSRP: $27,435
    Invoice: $25,454

Is this a good enough deal :confuse: ? Anyone has experience on similar model?

BTW: I'm around LA
  • kjchen69kjchen69 Member Posts: 6
    hello guys,
    i am looking for a 2010 altima 2.5S coupe with conv. & prem. package, dark slate outside and dark cloth inside. I am in Torrance, CA (near los angeles) area, as for today, I got a internet quote from Long Beach, CA dealer showing below, you think this is a good deal? this would be my first NEW car, please help, thank you so much!

Here is the OTD breakdown.

Sale Price $24,448 (inc $1000 rebate)
    Doc fee 55
    Sales tax 2,486
    DMV 380
    total otd $27,378
  • milangelmilangel Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kjchen69,

This is only an internet quote. I think you can probably bring down the selling price at least $500 by arguing that the real cost for this model in SouCal is around 95% invoice price (not to mention dealer's sales target bonus from manufacturers) and selling at 24k still brings at least 2.5k (10%) profit for dealers.
  • rickyd1974rickyd1974 Member Posts: 10
    Got an internet quote & need help:

2010 4dr following packages:
    SPLASH GUARDS
    PREMIUM AUDIO PKG
    CONVENIENCE PKG
    CONVENIENCE PLUS PKG
    SL PKG
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR MAT/TRUNK MAT SET ALUMINUM KICK PLATES
    REAR SPOILER
    FOG LAMPS
    TECHNOLOGY PKG

Here is the breakdown on cost:

Here is your breakdown
    MSRP $30,530.00
    sale price $27,588.00
    deal options $479.00
    doc fee $699.95
    taxes $1,777.85
    tag fees $32.50
    Rebates $1000.00
    Total $29,577.30

Any thoughts on how much lower I can go? Is $27,500 OTD or bretter feasible? Or would $28,000 be the max I could get?
  • bb700092bb700092 Member Posts: 16
    I think the sale price of $27.5k is a pretty competitive quote -- that is almost 10% below MSRP before any rebates.
    Thanks...fyi they're saying that $27,588 includes the $1000 cash back rebate. So would this still be a good deal? Or do you think that I could get another $1,300 off?
  • tmc1688tmc1688 Member Posts: 28
    Hello Altima Fans, I just test drove a 2010 Altima sedan V6 SR and I like the car. Can anyone confirm what type of fuel needs to be used? I did my research online and couldn't believe it uses regular instead of premium like in the 2009 model. I found the owners manual in the glove box after the test drive but didn't want to break the wrapping to open it. I also checked the gas filler door but there is no sticker advising what type of fuel it is using. Anyone in this forum have a 2010 V6 SR running on regular? If so any problems?

Thanks.
    I ended up getting the car today as described in the original post. Total out the door was $27,000 flat. This included $4,000 for my tradein..so I pretty much got the car for $23K out the door in my mind.
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    ?? Wouldn't it really be 31K? 31 - 4 = 27? or am I missing something?
  • bongadibongadi Member Posts: 6
    Could anyone please say how good is the following quote:
    ( I am new member and a greenhorn - please be kind).

2010 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR CVT
    K12-K
    RADIANT SILVER , FROST

MSRP
    BASE $21,840
    AUD $1,240
    2.5 S PREMIUM AUD
    CN1 $1,100
    CONVENIENCE PACKA
    CN2 $1,150
    CONVENIENCE PLUS
    FL2 $175
    FLOOR & TRUNK MAT
    SGD $135
    SPLASH GUARDS
    50S $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $720
    Total $26,360

Your Price: $22,750 + TTL (tax, title, license)
    Includes 1000 Rebate from Nissan.
    Also includes 500 Holiday Bonus Cash.
    I'm wot sure where your confusion is. I got a fully decked out 2010 2.5SL Altima..with litterally every option available other than a sunroof visor. I gave them a check for 23k & they gave me 4k for my old car, to me that makes 27K.
    Bongadi..see my posts..I got the silver car fully loaded out the door for basically $250 more than what you paid (keep in mind I had a trade worth 4k which brought my total to $27K if you take that into consideration. This includes spoiler, technology package, fog lights, aluminum kickplates, & SL package.
  • uskitalashuskitalash Member Posts: 1
    I got the final quote for Nissan Altima S 2010 (no options included) from a dealer.

18930 + TTL = 20,451.24 (Out the door) - I won't get 1.9% APR
    or
    19,930 + TTL = 21,451.24 (Out the door) with 1.9% financing

basically, he said that i can't combine 1.9% apr with the 1000 rebate. Please help me whether it's a good deal and which option makes more sense. This is the first time I am buying a new car.
    Use the edmunds apr vs. cashback calculator to decide. I don't know all your financial circumstances. - http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController?pmtcalAction=apr_cash_calc- &tid=edmunds..calculators.basic_loan_tab.lowapr_vs_cash.tab_link . As for which options you should go to the dealership and see which ones are most important to you. Just my two cents!
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    When you said "Total out the door was $27,000 flat. This included $4,000 for my tradein.", I read that as you gave them a check for 27K. I see now what you mean - the 27K didn't include your trade. Peace.
  • bobomojobobomojo Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a new '10 altima 2.5S (without bells and whistles) rad silver frost interior.

$18,940 +TTL = $20,400 drive out price. 6.25% sales tax in San Antonio, TX

Was this a good deal? I felt like I could have gotten away with 20k otd.
  • neverendingneverending Member Posts: 3
    This is in Reply to uskitalash (Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm),

HI, This is my first post, I am also looking for a new 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S - and the best price quote I have till now is $20600 with NO finance. I have a credit union who can do the finance.

This quote is from Bankston Dallas , TX. Can somebody please help me with a dealer name and contact with a better pricing than a $21,600..

Thanks in advance
    privi
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    Going to pull the trigger on the following car tomorrow:

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5SR V6 Sedan
    Exterior: White Frost
    Interior: Blonde Leather

Premium, Sports, Technology Packages.

MSRP is $31,770.

Price: $26,135 + tax, OTD is a hair over 29k. The price includes the $2500 rebate.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like a decent price, which dealership did you go to?
  • bongadibongadi Member Posts: 6
    uskitalash -

did you make a decision ? Could you negotiate a better price ?

I am also in a jam with 22750
  • dnorwooddnorwood Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted a price of $19,722.00 including TTL for a 2009 Altima 2.5S Sedan? Not sure if I sure go with the 2009 or try for the same pricing for a 2010. I live within the 5 boroughs of New York. If it is a good price will close the deal before 1/4/2010. Can't decide. Please help!!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    That's about 18k + TTL. I don't think you can get a 2010 for that price. You probably need to add at least 1k more for the 2010.
  • tsstdhtsstdh Member Posts: 11
    24K out the door. Didn't opt for the tech or audio package. Would be nice if they could offer things more A'la'carte . Could have done without the moonroof if it would have saved $$$. Still think we did OK.
  • wysocki1wysocki1 Member Posts: 2
    Recently purchased 2010 3.5 SR Altima, Owners Manual page 9-3: "Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87 AKI (Anti-Knock Index) number"
  • wysocki1wysocki1 Member Posts: 2
    This response is probably too late but mine was on a key ring from the dealer. It is a small little aluminum rectangle with a number stamped on it. (2010)
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    That deal end up falling through. The dealer that had the loaded Altima refused to trade the car.

So, I ended up finding a base 2010 Altima 3.5SR V6 with just mats and aluminum kick plates.

Since there was a bit of stalling after the initial deal went through, the purchase did not happen until 1/3. Therefore, I lost out on any crazy end-of-month deals as well as the sales tax deduction.

I ended up paying about 21.5k + tax, with an out-the-door price of under 24,000. This was with the $1500 incentive at the time. Sure, if I had purchased the car a few days earlier I could have done $500 better, but I have the car and both parties are happy. Plus, it was an extremely smooth transaction and the dealer did not upsell me anything at the finance office. They even threw in a lifetime powertrain warranty.

Of course, I know my salesperson from another internet forum, so that probably helped a lot.

And to answer your question-- the dealer was Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City, CA.