Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• motonationmotonation Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2010
    Greetings all, I hope everyone doesn't mind me contributing a used car purchase in this thread; I figured its relevant...

Today I purchased a (slightly) used 2009 Altima S (4cyl, CVT). 7300 miles, about 6 months old.

Here's the lowdown from new:
    Base price: 21,540
    Moon roof deflector: 100
    Splash guards: 135
    Conv pkg: 1050
    Conv + pkg: 1100
    Trunk sub-floor organizer: 140
    Mats: 175
    Aluminum kickplates: 170
    Destination: 720

MSRP: 25,130.

I paid 17,850

This was a purchase from a private seller; he was originally asking 18,990, and we've been involved in this process for a couple of weeks. I'm happy with my purchase, which was approx $2k under the retail price of an identical (used) vehicle. I love the car so far - Dark Slate with Charcoal interior. I almost purchased a new 2010 without the Conv pkgs, but wanted this one instead - to each their own I guess.

My first purchases will be tinted windows (yep, NC is hot in the summer) and a Grom Audio adapter for useful iPod control.

Thanks!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited March 2010
    Good deal for you and for the seller as well. You probably need to pay close to 22K+TTL for a new car w/ those options.
  • kk_donkk_don Member Posts: 3
    After doing a lot of search & calls finally I got the right number that's what I think a good deal. Yesterday I got the best deal in northern virginia region for 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (base model) in $15890+TTL+fee = $18220 OTD. Today he called me that he can come to $18K OTD. Also this include the graduation discount. What do you think guys ...I am going to make this deal this evening. this is going to be my first owned car.
    I don't know how you can get a 2.5S for 16k. I think it might be a 2.5. 16k is a good deal even if it's just a 2.5.
  • kryptonyckryptonyc Member Posts: 20
    Wow if that is in fact the 2.5 S you my friend got yourself an AWESOME deal - pull that trigger
    Congrats - and Yes your used car is relevant in this thread - Once you get the chance upgrade the audio its like night and day. I have my 2010 with the audio option and I dont know I lived before without it LOL
  • motonationmotonation Member Posts: 34
    Thanks, I appreciate your words. I would've liked to gotten it for a few hundred less, but it was a good deal - everything else was right around $20k for the same/similar options used, and north of there for new one. :)
  • kk_donkk_don Member Posts: 3
    It's 2010 nissan Altima 2.5 S Dark Slate. note the price include the discount 1000(nissan incentive) + 500(graduation Incentive) finally he is ready to give us in $18000 OTD. I did a lot of search guy after couple of calls finally I got this deal. I think this's one of the best deal in my area (Northern Virginia).come with splash guard, floor mat & aluminium kick. My first cars...any suggestion for oil change coupons. Thanks!
    Even w/ the graduation rebate, 16K for a 2.5S or (16.5k w/o graduation rebate) = an insane deal.

I will buy it as soon as I can before they change their mine.
  • seunghunseunghun Member Posts: 3
    I was offered out the door price $25,034.02 for 2010 altima 2.5S with SL package super black.I live where sales tax is 6%, and $1,000 incentive is already included. I thought it was fairly good deal, but it already has 700 miles in it. Should i ask more deal for this matter? What do u guys think? Thanks!
  • sumukhssumukhs Member Posts: 9
    Hello guys,

I was looking for a Altima 2.5S with ONLY the convenience package.

I am quoted a price of $20,590+taxes (No hidden fees) from a dealer.

I have received this price after getting a discount for being an employee of a partner company with Nissan. I am also a graduate student, hence might qualify for another $500 discount.

But the tax is almost 9.5% ...

do you think this is a good price after getting a VVP pricing or is this an average deal?

thanks
  • vgvgvgvg Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2010
    Just got a 2010 Altima 3.5 V6 CVT with:

3.5 SR Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Moonroof Wind Deflector
    Floor and Trunk Mats ($175.00- you got to be kidding me! Ugly)

MSRP $30,265.00 includes $720.00 destination charge
    I paid $27,065.00. This included $1500.00 in rebates.
    I also got 3.7% financing. Plus one year free scheduled maintenance.
    In addition to my above post, the dealer had to locate the vehicle in my color choice, it was obtained from an out of state dealer.
    I likely could have done better, but I don't feel I was badly robbed either.

I came in with my selection narrowed to 3.5 CVT coupe or sedan and color choices down to 2. I test drove coupe, then the sedan. Coupe was uncomfortable. I'm not in my 20's!

I needed a car within 5 days as my beloved 2002 Maxima was totalled in a crash. (damn snowstorms!) Very safe car, that Maxima, escaped without a scratch nor ache. I did not share this information with the salesperson. Needless to say, there was no trade in involved.

I came prepared with my laptop, Edmunds info, and a large stack of maintenance and repair receipts from the 02 Maxima. I had all manufacturer recommended repair and maintenance done at a Nissan dealer that was closer to my office than the dealer I was buying this new car from. I wanted to present the image of a "package deal" as a potential customer.

In the end, I felt I paid a fair price and was comfortable with the process.
    Did you pay $27,065 inclusive of taxes, tag and the other dealer fees?

Are there general guidelines to negotiate a deal? Like, if the dealer quotes 21k+tax+title for a 2010 altima, do I ask him for 21k OTD??

Thanks
  • ez_shooterez_shooter Member Posts: 6
    I too was wondering if this was an OTD price, or before TTL. I test drove a 3.5SR Sedan yesterday evening - nice car. The dealerships offering me $26944.52 before TTL BUT they have to get this from another dealer (common theme on the 3.5's?) AND they are saying that the other dealer may have add-ons that would be added to this price 'at cost' but they didn't bother to find out what they were... this car has the Sport Package, Premium Package, Leather Package - about everything but the Tech package. I am not in a hurry, I was just wanting to test drive as I don't have to buy till May/June. Sorry to hear about the Maxima, I drive in Texas so we don't (usually) have a big issue here with snow (of course, we had over one foot in one day about a month a half ago...).
    $27,065 Before taxes, title, documents.

I like to keep the subject on selling price with the destination fee of $750 included. That is how the MSRP is listed, both on the sticker and on Edmunds.
    When you start including taxes, title, docs, it serves to muddy up the waters and make it confusing. Don't even go there until a agreed upon price is reached.
    ez_shooter,
    I'd say you have a good deal there!
    Tell the dealer which options and packages you want and what you will say no to.
    I stated I wanted the premium and sports package and NO tech package.
    Mine came with exactly those 2 packages , plus bonus wind deflector $100.00 and (ugly) $175.00 floor and trunk mats and I was not charged for those.
    I am really glad I did not want the tech package. I love the rear back up camera! It is on the large screen where nav screen would be if you have tech package. If the tech package was included the back up camera screen would be on the rear view mirror. It would be little. Ick!
    You can get a tom-tom or garmin nav for under $100.

Edmunds advice says to be clear on what packages or options have NO VALUE to you. The clearer you are on this and it holds NO Value the better chance you have of it being non-negotiatable.
    hey vgvg,

is this a good deal?

Altima 2.5S with ONLY the convenience package.

I am quoted a price of $20,590+TTL from a dealer.

I have received this price after getting a discount for being an employee of a partner company with Nissan. I am also a graduate student, hence might qualify for another $500 discount.

But the tax in my state is almost 9.5% ...

do you think this is a good price after getting a VVP pricing or is this an average deal?

thanks
    sumukhs
    I saw in the advice articles that when you do the pricing report from Edmunds use the dealer invoice column and offer less than what that shows. My price report showed dealer invoice $27567 and I offered 26,000 initially. Then they have to try and work up from your low offer. Instead of you working them down. Gives you a little feeling of control.
    Leave the OTD stuff till you can agree on the selling price.

I'm no expert, I might have done better. but I also don't feel I was taken advantage of. At least not too badly.
    thanks for that tip vgvg...

well, Since I will be an employee at Microsoft corp at redmond, washington, All dealers offer me a price lower than the invoice. Nissan dealers said they offer 3% below invoice.

Do you think this is a good enough deal or I must go below even more?

For e.g, the selling price I have been offered is around 21.5k.... this is actually 750 below invoice. You think I can get a better deal??

Ofcus now, there is a 1000 off until march 31. but i wont be able to buy the car until may/june.

Thanks
    sumukhs,
    If you look back over the months of this discussion topic, apparently every month has some special deal that is going to expire at the end of that month.

I think the best time for you to buy is when you are actually able to do the transaction. If that is May or June then it is what it is. You will be at your best bargaining position when it is the right time for you. It wouldn't hurt to try offering less than what they have offered so far. Especially if it is the last day of the month and you have your papers and checkbook with you.
  • lotuspeddlerlotuspeddler Member Posts: 4
    Negotiated what we think is a pretty good deal on a 2010 Altima 2.5 S w/ Convenience & Conv. + Price: $22,199.00 w/ zero % for 60 months. Most dealers would only give 0% for the advertised 36 mo. but we found one who'd meet another price AND give us this financing.

Anyone else able to get a deal like this? I just wonder how this was able to while others were not.
    hi lotuspeddler,

I am sorry if its a naive question, but i am new here. is the price u have mentioned out of the door or only sales price?

Thanks
  • kamjamkamjam Member Posts: 5
    The price 22,200 inc the two options but did not include tax or tag/reg.
  • kamjamkamjam Member Posts: 5
    ...After hearing about truecar.com, I got a better picture of what is a good price and a great price. I'm barely at the good price at 22.2K.

What do you do if you've already plunked down a deposit, the dealer is doing a locate and in the interim a dealer you had contacted before is beating your current price by 500 bucks? Anyone been in this situation and had luck getting a lower price down from the purch. order?

Thanks.
  • lukegalukega Member Posts: 1
    Sounds high. I bought a new (20 miles on it) 2.5SL dark slate with bose premium audio for about $23,100 or $24,500 out the door (6% sales tax). I even had them throw in floor mats and touch up paint.
  • explorer1explorer1 Member Posts: 6
    what additional charges brought the price from 23,1 to 24,5?

looking for same thing,

was there a 1k discount from Nissan?
  • filmtheoryfilmtheory Member Posts: 2
    With convenience package and Bose audio. Paid $23,250 with 1.9% APR for 60 months back in February here in Austin Texas. You can probably get it for 0% APR now. Be forewarned though - the CVT tranmission has a fatal flaw, drives poorly at around 35mph, kinda jerky transmission. I'm not impressed with driving experience for that only reason - too bad as it is otherwise great car.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    There is an ad in the paper today where a local dealer is selling any new Nissan for 25% off the MSRP. This seems too good to be true. Anyone?
  • pjain1pjain1 Member Posts: 2
    New silver 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 4dr, w/ conv. package, floor mats & splash guards for $19,020 + TTL (Colorado). Is this a good deal?
  • 193912940193912940 Member Posts: 9
    Friends,
    I'm in the process of negotiating for a 2010 Altima 2.5SR with Splash Guards, Convenience Pkg, Convenience Plus Pkg, Fog Lights, 2.5SL Package, & Technology Pkg which includes NAV. What can I expect to be lowest price a dealer will go for including Dest charges. Thanks ahead of time.
  • karolpl7karolpl7 Member Posts: 40
    I have a Nissan Altima Hybrid 2008 model and just received an offer to update GPS software for $99. Usuall price is $200 and sometimes Nissan would send coupons for $20-$30, but this is 50% off so best deal yet.

Did anyone have experience with the update? Is it worth it or are there any updates to the way GPS operates?

Thanx!

K
  • beinnjbeinnj Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Just purchased an Altima 3.5SR with the following;
    Base 3.5 SR
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Tech Package
    Aluminum Plates
    Floor Mats
    Trunk Organizer

$27,647
    + Doc
    + Tax

How was this deal? Purchased in NJ and 1.9% financed for 60 Months in lieu of $1K rebate.
  • ttchopperttchopper Member Posts: 2
    I live in Washington. There wasn't much of a selection for the color and package I wanted. They had to do a dealer trade with an out of state dealer to get the car.
    Invoice is 23,277. Negotiated 177 discount below invoice and had to go to next county to get a .01 tax difference (230). Paid for new 2010 Altima 2.5S OTD 24,325.

conv
    conv +
    Winter front exterior / Blond interior

Then did upgrades myself (under 1k) - OEM fogs, spoilers, splash guards, IPOD kit connection, and 35% tint all round. Seriously why is it required that you need to paired up with other packages if you just want fogs and spoiler??? :mad:
  • karrie_lkarrie_l Member Posts: 3
    Out of necessity, I needed to get a car today (my old car crapped out). So I ended up purchasing this vehicle with the convenience package, spoiler, & aluminum kick plates (at power nissan in el monte). I ended up paying $23.6K for the car, not including ttl, 0 down, financed at 1.9 for 5 years. Unfortunately, I did not find out about truecar until after the fact. So my question is, how much did I overpay?
    Hi Karrie,

I got a quote for a similar altima with just the convenience package, kick plates and splash gaurd for around $20.5k, not including TTL.

But i received this quote last month when there was a $1000 nissan cash back. I was told that offer would end by the end of march.
    Hi Sumukhs,
    Thanks for the reply. Was the quote from a sales rep in the internet department?
    They actually have another 1k cash back right now, but I opted to go with the financing offer instead. So I guess i over paid by about 1.6K :mad:
    However, spread over the life of the car, that isn't too bad I guess.
  • ttchopperttchopper Member Posts: 2
    If you guys live in east coast, Ive found this volume dealership to have the sickest prices in Pa. Their website quoted 25,157.00 for conv ,conv+, SL, prem audio, and tech packages. In general, most of their quotes are 3k under invoice (assuming after cash incentive) whereas most dealerships are 1k under invoice.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=FTOLD97889*O:2010-- 02-16T23:15:03.937
    :)
    Yes Karrie,

It was from the internet dept. But I got some additional discount pricing because there is some tie up with the company I will be working for. So probably thats the reason.

How do you like the car though? :)
  • 4nucar4nucar Member Posts: 4
    if you paid 20.5K before TTL then it is not a good deal. I don't know what discount you possibly got through your company tie up if you paid 20.5k.

someone in this forum bought the same car with conv. pkg., splash gaurd and matts for $19,020.

currently there is a $1000 cash back plus $500 dealer hold back.

well enjoy your ride.
  • sugarlandtx1sugarlandtx1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to earlier articles, I was able to buy a new 2010 2.5SL with Conv, Conv+, SL,Bose Audio, Mats, splash guards, trunk organizer, moonroof deflector, alum kickplate, pinstripe, wheel locks, window tint for $25030 + TTL. I elected to go for zero down and 1.9% Financing vs. an extra $1K rebate. By having other offers, I was able to get extras thrown in (1yr of free oil changes, pinstripe, wheel lock, window tint,etc.). Truecar.com validates great offers, so it is a must use. If the dealer knows you are informed, they tend to cut to the final price quickly. The whole experience took about an hour from test drive to signing papers.
    I'm not sure if its just the cvt for the altima coupe, but it sounds different from the cvt on the murano I own. As other have mentioned, the coupe feel's really sluggish when I do have less then 500 miles on it, so maybe the engine has not been broken in yet. The blind spot on the left may be a big problem for some people. It did take me a while to get use to it.
    Even given all of this, I still love my car and I would definitely recommend it if you can get a good price.
    Hi Karrie,

I intend to buy the sedan. Sorry for the pricing details I gave you.I meant it for the 2010 sedan. I think for the coupe,its a pretty good deal. so you havent overpaid i think :)
    thats nice to hear.have a nice journey with the car :)
  • elestoqueelestoque Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I want to know how my price is:

2010 Altima 2.5S Auto with conv. pkg, floor mats, and splash guard for $20,300 not including TTL. I know someone mentioned $19,020, but it was hard to believe it was a real deal.

What do you think of my price?
  • pjain1pjain1 Member Posts: 2
    I mentioned the $19,020 + TTL deal. But that was end of March and Nissan was offering a $1000 rebate at that point. If the rebate is not available anymore, 20K sounds good.
  • elestoqueelestoque Member Posts: 2
    Hi pjain1

The price I got ($20,300) is including $1,000 incentive. They are still offering this incentive. I wonder anyone is getting the deal under $20,000 for the spec I mentioned.
  • cheech4cheech4 Member Posts: 2
    I've been searching by way of the internet.How does this quote look?options include pemium pkg.sports pkg. aluminum kick plates,and carpeted floor mats.total price out the door -27702.20 this includes all sales tax and transfer of registration.I asked him to send me a purchase order by email to see it.Any thoughts on this ?
  • rocky718rocky718 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Any of you recently purchased 2010 2.5S with Conv & Conv+ in NJ area? If so, how much did you pay? Is $21,719 good starting price? Price will jump $1000 if I go with 0% APR for 36 months. How is your experience with North Plainfield Nissan, NJ?
    Thanks,
    Rocky
    Rocky RUN AWAY FROM NORTH PLAINFIELD NISSAN!! I went there first n was turn off by their sales 101 games and Im glad I did got a better deal with DCH Nissan in Freehold call them speak to Shay Patten ask him to beat that price. Also if u go you'll see the difference...good luck. Oh yeah that price seems a bit over price
  • rocky718rocky718 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    kryptonyc
    Thaks for the heads up. I was considering them as they offer free lifetime oil & filter chagne. Do you mind me asking what you bought and how much did you pay at DCH Nissan?
    Thanks..